Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:55:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Single ASICMINER Blade Auction - 48 Hours - Ships immediately  (Read 5774 times)
fgkrew

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:53:54 PM

I have PM´D him but he did not answer yet.

But he was online already today, so lets wait how this go..

Batteryfire, please get back to me! Time is money with this things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fgkrew

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:35:04 PM

So the is OP acted like a scammer here.

I was the one winning the auction, following the forum rules.

He did not answer me for a full day even after being online.

A couple of hours ago he messaged me telling that he was selling it to "sprunger" because he bidded higher and he was already losing money on the auction.

I understood and offered to pay the same amount he did, so that he would get the same money and still giving the hardware to the person who won.

Now he answered telling me that he already shipped this to "sprunger".

That was a really bad move on my books.

Not sure how deals are done here on bitcointalk, but for me that is not a normal way of making business.

Funny part was that he was willing to send me 0.25btc for my "trouble". What a prick.

Beware with next deals with this guy, he clearly does not know how to follow the rules.
Batteryfire (OP)

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:47:43 PM

My apologies to you, but this is my auction and my discretion. Please PM a moderator if I've violated any forum rules (or any moderators reading this, PM me). Thanks.
fgkrew

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:54:08 PM

So tell me why is this called an auction?

I also do not know why you put a countdown timer if accept bids after the time passed...

Nevermind, hope you get great things with your 0.5btc more. Karma will take care of the rest.
logicbomb666

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 12:42:44 AM

Funny part was that he was willing to send me 0.25btc for my "trouble". What a prick.

Doesn't sound like a prick to me.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
fgkrew

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:28:52 AM

Doesn't sound like a prick to me.

If the same had happened with you, for sure you would think the same way. whatever...
kobaya74

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:12:03 AM

Well, auctionerholder, I personaly would give you 1BTC over last auction if I thought you accept bids after counter stop. But I havent done so, my last bid was pleaced 5 sec before end of auction. I consider this has to be reported. If you thought you can get back whole 75BTC after 50 block auction ended with 51BTC you were wrong. Next time make auction without counter, minimum bid, and time till you receive bids on PM. In the light of this auction I only can say: shame on you Bush, throw my shoe on you, cos you sold name for 1BTC more. I live in country where monthly earnings of worker in factory is 200$, and never would have done that.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:53:38 AM

Between the screenshot that showed the attempt to post and the fact that the post was only three seconds late, I think that this is enough of a grey area that I don't think the moderation team should do anything about it.  If your goal is to maximize income, though, you should really have added a provision that would have automatically extended the auction if someone were to place a bid within the last few minutes.

kobaya74

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:23:40 AM

It was not 3 seconds late, it was 33 seconds late. I was there, I gave last offer within 10 sec counter, and on my post says "May 06, 2013, 12:59:33 AM". So it is 33 seconds after me. I would place another bid if I was within 30 seconds (or would try). Must be counter-forunm lag, I dont know what it was, but timer was 30 seconds ahead of forum.
logicbomb666

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 03:44:40 AM

If the same had happened with you, for sure you would think the same way. whatever...

If the same thing happened to me, I would have remembered I was participating in an auction within a forum.  A forum that contains users in all different timezones as well as a forum that does not have any precise auction time cutoffs.  Forums were not intended to be used as an auctioning platform.  If they had been intended for this use, the thread would automatically lock itself once the auction was closed.  There would also be a mechanism to place a maximum bid that would increase your bid automatically once someone else bid.  Since we don't have that ability here, there will always be the possibility for grey area.

Personally, If I was the seller, I would have given it to you.
Personally, If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't get mad about losing the auction.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:03:56 AM

If the same thing happened to me, I would have remembered I was participating in an auction within a forum.  A forum that contains users in all different timezones as well as a forum that does not have any precise auction time cutoffs.  Forums were not intended to be used as an auctioning platform.  If they had been intended for this use, the thread would automatically lock itself once the auction was closed.  There would also be a mechanism to place a maximum bid that would increase your bid automatically once someone else bid.  Since we don't have that ability here, there will always be the possibility for grey area.

Personally, If I was the seller, I would have given it to you.
Personally, If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't get mad about losing the auction.

daaamn you got logicbombed!

I'm a bit of a stickler for rules, but I don't think any malicious intent was there, OP seems decent enough. If he had waited like 3 hours or something I could see it being something to make a big fuss about.
fgkrew

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:38:36 AM

This part of the site is called auction.

OP established a finish time and also put a counter. (If it was ebay, i would have won).

OP did not try to contact me, i even sent him a message right after the end of the auction to contact me for details, which he did not.

This part of the forum does not let you edit your posts, the happens for a reason.

If he was not happy with the price, he should have put a reserve price.

If a person is willing to do this type of moves because of one or half btc for sure is not one i want to deal with.

I hope that at least one moderator gives a word about this, if not i dont know why there is a auction section if the people that put the auction up does not follow there own rules..

If i had won and did not pay for sure someone will come and call me a scammer and whatnot, what he did was the same from a sellers perspective.

cimpex

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:34:04 PM

that auction went really bad! have you already reported it?
in other auctions you get banned if you can't pay within xx hours after action ends.
both sides should conform to their rules. the auction end was clearly defined by the OP.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:57:51 PM

It said that the auction lasts 24 hours. Did not say 24 hours and 33 seconds. And a second is out of time! Regulations must be followed!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:02:09 PM

This part of the site is called auction.

OP established a finish time and also put a counter. (If it was ebay, i would have won).

OP did not try to contact me, i even sent him a message right after the end of the auction to contact me for details, which he did not.

This part of the forum does not let you edit your posts, the happens for a reason.

If he was not happy with the price, he should have put a reserve price.

If a person is willing to do this type of moves because of one or half btc for sure is not one i want to deal with.

I hope that at least one moderator gives a word about this, if not i dont know why there is a auction section if the people that put the auction up does not follow there own rules..

If i had won and did not pay for sure someone will come and call me a scammer and whatnot, what he did was the same from a sellers perspective.

Although Maged gave his view above, I would agree with you that this is a form of bad business practice to be renegading against one's own words here, especially when I had first hand experience of dealing with auctions here (I was the auctioneer for the AM blades). This is an auction for a reason - the seller is expected to fulfill his end of the contract here. I wouldn't blame you if you posted a thread about this in the scam accusation subforum to warn others about this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: