Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:57:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375653 times)
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:43:16 AM

I don't understand why the ICO date is still unknown, at least give the people a hint, a week, 2 weeks, <10days.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:48:32 AM

I don't understand why the ICO date is still unknown, at least give the people a hint, a week, 2 weeks, <10days.
as i know, the ICO date is 30th may (i read this a lot of times). So it will be today i think.
Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:34:43 AM

as i know, the ICO date is 30th may (i read this a lot of times). So it will be today i think.

I don't think ICO will start today because if they were to start today they would definitely have given us update on twitter or slack.
lordzc

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:38:33 AM

They need to give 15 days advance notice or 1 week before .
pufuletz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:40:23 AM

They need to give 15 days advance notice or 1 week before .

Seriously, there are still conflicting reports about whether or not it'll be today. And if it's today, how much time will there be to even read the terms. That would not leave a good first impression.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:51:01 AM

A lot of happening in physical world and team is very actively participating in different summits and gatherings to let others know about the upcoming crowdfunding and also forming lot of partnerships. All this wait worth as team is doing all those thing before the launch of sale of tokens what usually are seen after in other cases. I am fine to keep waiting and supporting the project.
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:20:35 PM

But, more importantly, I haven't a clue on how to join in on the crowd sale. Are there any specifics or demands I have to meet in order for me to invest during the crowd sale?

I am currently using Exodus. Can I participate with Exodus?

Would be happy if anyone can give me some pointers.

I'm just a few weeks older to you in the cryptoworld - let me answer this till a more senior member gives a more qualified response.

1. Participating in an ICO merely involves transferring some cryptocurrency (mostly Bitcoin/Ethereum) to a specified address. You should be able to do this in Exodus. The ICO folks have a way to keep track of who invested with what amount (to that end, they may make you create a unique ICO account). They give you an amount of ICO cryptocurrency depending on your share of the total amount received by them (some ICOs have a cap on investment, while some are open).

2. Please make sure you do a lot of reading about the project. This site, ICO reviews on Youtube, discussions on Steemit, reddit; are a good starting point. Unfortunately, there is a lot of 'meaningless ranting/currency-bashing', but there are surely gems of advice hidden between them.

3. Bear in mind that altcoins are receiving a lot of new attention and everyone is looking to make a fortune. Please make sure you don't get carried away and invest with whatever you can afford to lose. If you've been following the action in the recent weeks, the price-action in cryptos is very volatile.

Hope you end up supporting some good ideas & end up rich too Smiley

Excellent answer.

Only thing to include from the team is that we'll be publishing a detailed how-to on the blog before the ICO.

Thanks! Will the how-to also include which platforms can be used to participate in the ICO. For instance Exodus?
rgornik

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:51:37 PM

AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Bancor.Network starts in ~9 hours (9 am PT). Join ARK Slack to participate!

https://ark.io/slack/

anybody on ARK slack to forward answers here?

RAGEmond

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:59:03 PM

Ask me anything:

1. When will ico start?
2. when will you release the ico details?
3. When will ico start?
4. When will ico start?
5. When will ico start?
6. When will ico start?
7. When will ico start?
8. when will you release the ico details?
9. when will you release the ico details?
10. when will you release the ico details?
11. when will you release the ico details?
12. when will you release the ico details?
13. can we participate with eth?
14. can we participate with btc?
15. when will you release the ico details?
16. when will you release the ico details?
17. when will you release the ico details?

whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:01:40 PM

Just an idea: why don't you use other ERC20 tokens (like WINGS) for the crowdfunding, so you will have diversified tokens that you could use as a reserve for BANCOR network token?

yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 02:29:27 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2017, 02:47:14 PM by yvv

Does the Bancor protocol price discovery mechanism add to the price
volatility, compared to crypto-exchanges?
On the contrary. By holding a reserve balance which preserves a constant ratio to the
market-cap, the price volatility of smart tokens is not subject to the current market depth
since the reserve functions as a predictable and controlled alternative to the traditional
order book which normally provides market depth. We’ve seen that regular exchanges
generally hold around 1% market depth, meaning that any smart token with a CRR above
1% could be relatively more

This is total BS! According to your own formula, at 1% fractional reserve, changing supply by 1% will change the price by 150%. Is not this volatile??? Yeah right, the formula for price change is deterministic, but a trade is a random event, and any function of random event is a random variable. With low fractional reserve your tokens are going to be as volatile as any low volume tokens on exchanges.

Okay, what would happen if, say, someone bought 1% of the supply of Bitcoin? That would be a ~$370 Million USD purchase.

I imagine that too would change the BTC price in a volatile way. Any 1% purchase/liquidation of any currency would.

Exactly. Then what's a point in your token if it is not any different?

Edit: and by the way, $300M is about a daily trade volume for bitcoin, and it does not change bitcont price by 150%. Your token is actually not going to be like bitcoin, with low fractional reserve it is going to be same as  those illiquid and highly volatile tokens out there.

Orr

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:30:02 PM

The token sale is delayed. As has been announced for some time, it will NOT be today on May 30th. We are waiting for the third and final round of contract audits from our new partner, Consensys, before starting the token sale.

We anticipate it will take place in June. Token sale terms will be released shortly. The token sale date will be announced as soon as possible. Thank you.

Recent news:

- Bancor FAQ: https://[Suspicious link removed]/SIVaHK
- Presale available at Bitcoin Suisse: http://bitcoinsuisse.com/bancor
- We just published our product roadmap (using Trello). I would be happy to get your feedback and thoughts. https://[Suspicious link removed]/YlccdI (edited)
BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:07:48 PM

AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Bancor.Network starts in around 1 hour (9 am PT). Join ARK Slack to participate!

https://ark.io/slack/

frg7alien

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:19:45 PM

The token sale is delayed. As has been announced for some time, it will NOT be today on May 30th. We are waiting for the third and final round of contract audits from our new partner, Consensys, before starting the token sale.

We anticipate it will take place in June. Token sale terms will be released shortly. The token sale date will be announced as soon as possible. Thank you.

Recent news:

- We just published our product roadmap (using Trello). I would be happy to get your feedback and thoughts. https://[Suspicious link removed]/YlccdI (edited)

These best be the cheapest ICO tokens I ever saw, jesus you lot are wasting hella time

Also, why did I have to upload and sign documents for this ICO, seems to defeat the purpose
iad_xo

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:39:26 PM

I saw announcement that BANCOR partnership with status. how this going to impact ICO now?
Arkaen

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:27:34 PM

Recent news:

These best be the cheapest ICO tokens I ever saw, jesus you lot are wasting hella time

Also, why did I have to upload and sign documents for this ICO, seems to defeat the purpose

Wow. What makes you so entitled? If I was running an ICO I wouldn't want you as an investor. You sound like a pain in the ass to deal with.

It sounds like they're trying to run a clean ICO, and that involves a delay to get everything sorted out. That's life. If you want something to throw money at now, there are plenty of scams that will gladly take your money with zero delay.
sth2017

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 05:37:50 PM

Bravo to the guys. Great news on Slack. Good reserve.
"The token will be released after the token sale however it will be a few more weeks until we release the Bancor protocol functionality and it will become intrinsically tradeable. This is a new breed of smart contracts and we've taken the time to secure three independent audits. 2 from heads of security at Ethereum Foundation and one from the entire smart contract team at Consensys"

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
|
|

_████████_       
      _████████████████_     
    _███████       ██████_   
   _████            ██████_  
  _████                ████_ 
  ████                   ███
 ████                    ████
  ████                  ███
   ████          ██     ███¯
    ███         ████   ███¯  
     ████         ██ ████   
      ¯██████   ███████  ¯    
        ¯█████████  ██
                     ███
                      ████

_████████_       
      _ ██████████████_     
      ██████       ████_   
      ████          ████_  
      ████           ████_ 
      █████          ███¯   
      █████████████████¯ 
      ██████████████¯
      ████¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯████__
      ████        ¯¯████_  
      ████          ¯████_
      ████           ¯████           

████_      ████¯      
       ████_    ████¯      
        ████_  ████¯       
         ████ ████¯       
          ███████¯     
        _████ ████     
       _████  ¯████    
      _████    ¯████    
     _████      ¯████    

|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
RAGEmond

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:53:01 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2017, 06:17:34 PM by RAGEmond

AMA - on Reddit

LINK

Sum up:

Bitcoin Suisse is a pre token sale option for those who wish to come in with Fiat, require help transfering their crypto or want the peace of mind knowing that their participation is pre ordered. During the token sale, it will work like many standard token sales and you will be able to send your crypto to the contract

We are fans of ICONOMI and we hope to collaborate with them. Bancor is different in that it provides a standard for building your own index funds which you hold directly with the smart token. Initially on the Ethereum blockchain but eventually across blockchains.

Our past companies had 50 million and 10 million active users respectively. Our mission is to bring cryptocurrencies to 100's of millions of consumers and help democratize credit creation. We have been working on Bancor with 7 developers and a battle tested team for approx 18 months. In that time, we’ve built the infrastructure we need to address some of the toughest challenges in the mass market adoption of cryptocurrencies. You can get a sense of the platform with our bounty program (bounty.bancor.network), we will try to release a full alpha with user-generated currency bots on a private testnet in the next few days and our development roadmap (including recent accomplishments) is now available: LINK

We can't share specifics just yet, but we are currently integrating credit card payment processing solutions to make the process of getting into the space the simplest it can be from an end user perspective. In the end, our passion is in the creation of consumer end-user Internet applications that connect between technology and culture. We intend to apply the best practices we learned building internet scale startups in the past to our work today on Bancor.

Bancor will be available on every smart-contract blockchain platform with enough traction. It’s somehow similar to a consideration of building iPhone vs. Android versions native apps - it’s important to be available where the users (existing and potential) are.
As long as assets from one blockchain can be moved and represented on another blockchain -- then Bancor can work between them.

1. You can take the smart token code (available on our website) and create smart tokens. We will provide a simple to use user interface to do it at app.bancor.network (not available now, but preview will be available soon) 2. we will cover the initial smart token creation transaction fee as it is all quite experimental at this point. I don’t have the exact gas cost for each type right now, but i’ll look into that and get back to you.

Our goal is democratize credit creation and unlock the long tail of user generated currencies. We believe this can bring a paradigm shift in money creation and help end poverty :wink: to not sound to unreasonable and wishful. We also believe that an asynchronous autonomous exchange will be extremely competitive and offer an alternative to all the exchanges currently out there (including the new decentralized protocols)

The token will be released after the token sale however it will be a few more weeks until we release the Bancor protocol functionality and it will become intrinsically tradeable. This is a new breed of smart contracts and we've taken the time to secure three independent audits. 2 from heads of security at Ethereum Foundation and one from the entire smart contract team at Consensys

cormacoin

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 07:15:07 PM

what do you guys think of this onboarding fee of 100CHF and the various other fees bitcoin suisse are charging? Worth knowing you've reserved your token or will you take the risk and wait for the ico itself?
RAGEmond

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 07:17:10 PM

what do you guys think of this onboarding fee of 100CHF and the various other fees bitcoin suisse are charging? Worth knowing you've reserved your token or will you take the risk and wait for the ico itself?

imo if they cap it will be large enough so that you will be able to buy-in atleast within a couple of hours Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: