Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:32:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375649 times)
Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:05:27 AM

I think we need to use big red letters for the devs to actually answer this question.

Why have you decided on capping the ICO at 260 million dollars?

It is right there in the contract. And it is too high. Since you are selling only 50% coins in that presale, that would make the market cap of Bancor at 520 million dollars. You can arbitralily chose the hard cap and set it to 50 million or 150 million, so why do you want to set it at exactly 250 million dollars and not lower despite the community asks you to do so? Many people were rising this question and the team denies to answer it. Why do you want 260 million dollars? And if you don't wan't that much, why do you avoid capping the ICO lower?
Hidden cap and hard cap are 2 different things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
john312

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:17:42 AM

The 1 million ether cap equals 260 million USD equals 520 USD market cap. It might look big but compare it with Ethereum or Stratis which are much bigger.
vatived22

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:26:20 AM

The 1 million ether cap equals 260 million USD equals 520 USD market cap. It might look big but compare it with Ethereum or Stratis which are much bigger.

It's ironical you not getting the point. Hidden cap and hard cap are two different things. The basic concern that investors have is, why change the terms of contract as written in your whitepaper, that is not only fraudalent, but simple demostrate bancor as a money grab project. Ofcourse i like the vision and what it aim to build, but do not tarnish your image with greed. At the long run the investors are the primarily people who can promote your project, even if it is someone who is investing 1ether. The stratis you just stated, i invested during its ICO for 0.5 btc which was at around 300USD i got 55,000 stratis. Stratis investors are die hard Hodl and that is the basic reason stratis is shooting up and achieveing such success. You cannot at the beginning of your ICO change the terms, because you already got enough VC backing or amazing presale. the image of the company, and the community support is what matters most in this crypto-space and not neccesarily the idea or technology.

On the other hand, the uncapped idea that you choose would give anyone who wants to get in a chance. All the best in your ICO.

bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:03:20 AM

The Bitcoin Swiss pre-sale is a farce. I submitted all documents on monday and the week is over and they didn't process my application yet, nor they answered to my emails and phone calls. Bad, bad, bad.

fatma88

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:06:27 AM

It's ironical you not getting the point. Hidden cap and hard cap are two different things. The basic concern that investors have is, why change the terms of contract as written in your whitepaper, that is not only fraudalent, but simple demostrate bancor as a money grab project. Ofcourse i like the vision and what it aim to build, but do not tarnish your image with greed. At the long run the investors are the primarily people who can promote your project, even if it is someone who is investing 1ether. The stratis you just stated, i invested during its ICO for 0.5 btc which was at around 300USD i got 55,000 stratis. Stratis investors are die hard Hodl and that is the basic reason stratis is shooting up and achieveing such success. You cannot at the beginning of your ICO change the terms, because you already got enough VC backing or amazing presale. the image of the company, and the community support is what matters most in this crypto-space and not neccesarily the idea or technology.

On the other hand, the uncapped idea that you choose would give anyone who wants to get in a chance. All the best in your ICO.

Well spoken and I absolutely agree - we are all eager and ready for Monday so good luck in the ICO.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:20:59 AM

The Bitcoin Swiss pre-sale is a farce. I submitted all documents on monday and the week is over and they didn't process my application yet, nor they answered to my emails and phone calls. Bad, bad, bad.

I think they're asking too much things and taking fee. I prefer to wait public ICO.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
nknight

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:27:39 AM

Some news from there official blog. You should check this out!

https://blog.bancor.network/the-community-of-the-currency-9770087fde17

"We’ve heard many concerns that having no cap in the first hour (other than the 1M Ether security cap) may result in BNT dropping below its initial price after the token allocation event. Even though we’d like to think that our hodlers will not be quick to liquidate BNT they’ve purchased at its initial price, we have decided to allocate any proceeds collected in the minimum hour which exceed the hidden cap as follows:

20% will be allocated to the BNT Ether Reserve, to further improve the liquidity of BNT, which increases stability while reducing conversion costs (price slippage) for all.

80% will be locked for two years in a smart contract that will buy back BNT for 0.01 ETH (the initial price) whenever it is available, according to its calculated price. The purchased BNT will be added to the Foundation’s long-term budget, and after a 2-year period, any remaining ETH will be allocated pro-rata according to the “Use of Proceeds” chart in our Token Creation Terms.
"

Interesting, intriguing and impressive at the same time. Interesting and intriguing for obvious reason, impressive because there's clearly a strong professional team leading this project. The solution and the team are amazing and I think i'm gonna double down!
kengin2013

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:32:41 AM

This project is necessary because sometimes I find it difficult to make orders at a decentralized exchange such as ether/delta.
Hunterwolfie

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:35:10 AM

BANCOR IS DEAD

https://media.consensys.net/introducing-omega-one-a-cheaper-and-safer-way-to-trade-cryptocurrencies-and-tokens-b59b9ccf29c4

OMEGA will prevail
Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:48:49 AM

They are really really slow I tried joining their pre-sale but no joy. Now I decided I would rather wait for the ICO to start and contribute my ETH then.
Alfred Hard

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:58:45 AM

This looks similar to Bancor, not sure what's the difference and what option will be better. Or maybe it's completely different, idk.  XD
Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:01:57 AM

Lol. Aggregated liquidity will be equal no more then 5% CRR from all excahnge and they are taking fees for that. While Bancor will provide minimum 10% CRR rate for BNT and without fees at all ( other then gas for tx).

They are really really slow I tried joining their pre-sale but no joy. Now I decided I would rather wait for the ICO to start and contribute my ETH then.

They are not slow. They were overhelmed with requests Sad
BWH1984

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:11:08 AM

Obv a troll comment. But will reply anyway Smiley
Omega and Bancor seem to do 2 different things. Just quickly went over their model and Omega seems to simply try to make the current exchange model more efficient by allow you to have access to the best price on every exchange (instead of just one) and at the same time pooling liquidity pools of all exchanges, making the spread tighter.... Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bancor does something completely new by eliminating the need to for a coin to be liquid. Bancor's price discovery works by finding an equilibrium between purchase and liquidation volumes (no counterparty is necessary, so no spread).
majestymage

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 11:17:15 AM

people saying that 1 mil ETH (260 mil usd ) cap with a 520 mil  market cap is big are most probably interested whales. to be honest, i was expecting 2 mil market cap  Grin .i think that there are very very few crypto out that will have such an impact on the crypto world and the devs know the real value of the project. and some of us realise this also  Wink. bancor will get 10 times bigger in half a year because they deliver a already finished product.

██████
                                             ██████▄▄
                                             ██████  ▀▀▀▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄▄▄                             ▄▀ █ ▀▄         █▀████
         █████          ████             ▄▀   █   ▀▄     ▄▀   █
         █████          ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▀     █     ▀▄ ▄▀    █
       ▄▀     █         █▀▄█▀▄     █████     █       ▄▀▄    █
     ▄▀        ▀▄      █▄█▄▄█▄▀█▀▀▀█████     █     ▄▀   ▀▄ █
█████      ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀█ █   ▀▄  ▀▄   █ █     █   ▄▀     █████
████████▀▀▀       █  █  █    █    ▀▄█   █  ████▄▀       █████
█████   ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█  █      █    █▀▄   █▄████         ▄▀
                  ▀█▀▀███     ▀▄  █  ▄█▀▀  █          ▄▀
                  █  ▄▀▀▀      █ █▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  █       ▄▀
             ░█████▄▀         ████        ▀▀▄█    ▄▀
              █████           ████▀▀▀▄▄▄      ███████
              ▀▀▀▀▀                     ▀▀▀▄▄▄███████
                                              ███████
                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
/iTEX/./INNOVATING TRADING EXCHANGE/.
/Whitepaper/ /Sign Up/ /Buy Token Now/

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:23:42 AM

Its so different than bancor.
Can you use omega to trade low volume & liquidity community token ?
Omega rely on exchanges.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:28:19 AM

people saying that 1 mil ETH (260 mil usd ) cap with a 520 mil  market cap is big are most probably interested whales. to be honest, i was expecting 2 mil market cap  Grin .i think that there are very very few crypto out that will have such an impact on the crypto world and the devs know the real value of the project. and some of us realise this also  Wink. bancor will get 10 times bigger in half a year because they deliver a already finished product.
Grin Grin

2 million market cap  Shocked Isn't that too much  Tongue

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
whatsTheDeal

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:32:10 AM

I think we need to use big red letters for the devs to actually answer this question.

Why have you decided on capping the ICO at 260 million dollars?

It is right there in the contract. And it is too high. Since you are selling only 50% coins in that presale, that would make the market cap of Bancor at 520 million dollars. You can arbitralily chose the hard cap and set it to 50 million or 150 million, so why do you want to set it at exactly 250 million dollars and not lower despite the community asks you to do so? Many people were rising this question and the team denies to answer it. Why do you want 260 million dollars? And if you don't wan't that much, why do you avoid capping the ICO lower?

you do realise "hardcap" is nothing right? its just a way that you put a cap so you can later change that 1 into something else... what is the big deal? why are you people so naive to think someone would invest 260m USD ? are you insane? what project has EVER raised that much, some projects which were hyped as hell didnt raise more than 20 and had plenty of time. matchpool raised 7 million in about an hour, argon raised what 20-25 mil? in 15 minutes, do you guys think there is an endless stream of money just going in? people arent going to be like "well if its still open ill 1000X my initial investment"

StevePe

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:38:49 AM

The value of the BNT after ICO will depend on three main unknowns:

- How much BNT will be required as reserve for smart tokens created through the Bancor platform before the monthly fee is waived
- How high the monthly fee will be for smart tokens created using the Bancor platform
- How the CRR of the BNT will be changed after the ICO

And of course general adoption but that is anybody's guess right now anyway.
burner2015

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Co founder & CMO SocialX

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 11:51:37 AM

I am in

● ● SocialX ● # PRESALE LIVE NOW   ICO January 15, 2018 ● ●                      
FIRST DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK ●
● [ROADMAP] [BITCOINTALK] [WEBSITE] [SLACK] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 12:29:34 PM

you do realise "hardcap" is nothing right? its just a way that you put a cap so you can later change that 1 into something else... what is the big deal? why are you people so naive to think someone would invest 260m USD ? are you insane? what project has EVER raised that much, some projects which were hyped as hell didnt raise more than 20 and had plenty of time. matchpool raised 7 million in about an hour, argon raised what 20-25 mil? in 15 minutes, do you guys think there is an endless stream of money just going in? people arent going to be like "well if its still open ill 1000X my initial investment"
[/quote]

The raising amount is correlated with the publicity made by the ICO. The people who believe in this project will invest in the dream. Also, one aspect that is very important is what the company want to accomplish.

What I like about this startup, the average Joe will be able to create his own smart token to finance his dream.

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: