Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:07:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:17:50 AM

I hope for ICONOMI's sake they are planning to invest in MobileGo. I know they have a portfolio of GAME which is performing great. I assume they have researched MobileGo and plan to take a stake. Especially since MobileGo is leveraging the Ethereum blockchain. Its a perfect fit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
B!gSmoke

Activity: 514
Merit: 353

Respect has to be earned, just like money!

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:03:53 AM

I hope for ICONOMI's sake they are planning to invest in MobileGo. I know they have a portfolio of GAME which is performing great. I assume they have researched MobileGo and plan to take a stake. Especially since MobileGo is leveraging the Ethereum blockchain. Its a perfect fit.

How can they have a portfolio of GAME? Game ICO was late 2015 early 2016 if I recall correctly. ICONOMI wasn't even announced nor funded at that time and ICNP funds only go into new ICOs. So If you can`t proof it otherwise, nice shill mate.

And that is not a proof:
I know they have a portfolio of GAME which is performing great.

biggzi

Activity: 543
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:50:23 AM

How can they have a portfolio of GAME? Game ICO was late 2015 early 2016 if I recall correctly. ICONOMI wasn't even announced nor funded at that time and ICNP funds only go into new ICOs. So If you can`t proof it otherwise, nice shill mate.

And that is not a proof:

I don't know anything about this or if there is any truth behind it. But I've had the feeling Iconomi are going to go in on MobileGo and if they are it makes sense they would purchase GAME first to make use of the extra 7% bonus.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 11:06:30 AM

I think that he means that Game is a part of ICNX... It can't be a part of ICNP because of the reasons you posted...

And that is not a proof:

memii
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 11:17:32 AM

I think that he means that Game is a part of ICNX... It can't be a part of ICNP because of the reasons you posted...

And that is not a proof:

Maybe people are getting confused to see the name of GAME and taking it as MobileGo. So many project have similar names but from my point of view this could GameCredit which is on the index. I also didn't hear any update regarding this decision.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:03:05 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/63rjxv/question_for_all_the_questionmakers/

nice little thread there with some pertinent questions:

for example

If you invest in a small start up in the conventional economy, do you expect to speak to the executives on slack everyday? Do you expect to have every question you ask on reddit and other online forums answered?

No, but usually investors have access to business plan, financial reports, etc. (I am a startup co-founder so I know how it works.)
ICONOMI doesn't seem to be very transparent in this respect. For example, I'd like to know fee structure on ICNX and ICNP. That kind of stuff should be in the business plan. But it isn't available anywhere, as far as I can tell.
Also, standards for funds are much higher than for "small startups": they are expected to post NAV on daily/weekly basis. Even in crypto space people do that.
Instead of having a clear policies and clear reports, ICONOMI is like "we have earned some money, will buy back!". This is extremely unprofessional.

dude, at this point we do not even know where, or even if, they incorporated. consider how crazy this sounds. I tried looking for it and this is the only thing I found:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/5vi3go/details_please_on_iconomi_inc/de2xpmi/
so, if anyone from the team reads this, please, where are you incorporated? and do the ICN tokens still represent ownership

I agree with your point they are always just keep telling about got involved in this project and got this much profit but never ever got disclosed that how much % they have got involved in that project and how much % of profit got earned by this much % of investment happened. But i am seeing that lot of users we should say as troll users who are just posting ICN TO MOON, SUN so on and just fuding this coin.

Hope that at the end it does not end as biggest scam of 2017 and biggest ever crypto scam where fiat investment also got involved.

Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:15:40 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/63rjxv/question_for_all_the_questionmakers/

for example

If you invest in a small start up in the conventional economy, do you expect to speak to the executives on slack everyday? Do you expect to have every question you ask on reddit and other online forums answered?

No, but usually investors have access to business plan, financial reports, etc. (I am a startup co-founder so I know how it works.)
ICONOMI doesn't seem to be very transparent in this respect. For example, I'd like to know fee structure on ICNX and ICNP. That kind of stuff should be in the business plan. But it isn't available anywhere, as far as I can tell.
Also, standards for funds are much higher than for "small startups": they are expected to post NAV on daily/weekly basis. Even in crypto space people do that.
Instead of having a clear policies and clear reports, ICONOMI is like "we have earned some money, will buy back!". This is extremely unprofessional.

dude, at this point we do not even know where, or even if, they incorporated. consider how crazy this sounds. I tried looking for it and this is the only thing I found:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/5vi3go/details_please_on_iconomi_inc/de2xpmi/
so, if anyone from the team reads this, please, where are you incorporated? and do the ICN tokens still represent ownership

I agree with your point they are always just keep telling about got involved in this project and got this much profit but never ever got disclosed that how much % they have got involved in that project and how much % of profit got earned by this much % of investment happened. But i am seeing that lot of users we should say as troll users who are just posting ICN TO MOON, SUN so on and just fuding this coin.

Hope that at the end it does not end as biggest scam of 2017 and biggest ever crypto scam where fiat investment also got involved.
You are right.When will ICN holders get benefit from these investment? what is the point of investing with ICN ICO funds when they will not get share in profit.

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
spendawgs

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 01:59:27 PM

for example

You are right.When will ICN holders get benefit from these investment? what is the point of investing with ICN ICO funds when they

ICO participants are up 300% already

Woof woof!!
JDS1000

Activity: 414

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 02:00:11 PM

Is there any emphasis by the Development team to get ICN on higher volume exchanges?  Assets do not have nearly the volume of currencies...  But without dividends, some volume wouldn't hurt the price...
spendawgs

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 02:01:19 PM

Theres absolutely no reason not to be on Polo anymore other than devs wanting to exit on their holdings

Woof woof!!
anirgu
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:10:12 PM

Theres absolutely no reason not to be on Polo anymore other than devs wanting to exit on their holdings

I think when all the drama gets over and we have the platform ready we may hit polo for sure

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:29:15 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 04:21:42 PM by stormia

for example

Iconomi is going to release quarterly financial reports, if they fail to do this for Q1 then we have a problem. I believe it is supposed to come out this month. Q1 ended on March 31st we have to give them time to compile the report.

Business plan as in a whitepaper and a roadmap? Because Iconomi has both of those, although they do need to update them to reflect changes. They have kept us up to date with most changes (such as switching to burning and the splintering off of cofound.it) through their medium posts, though. https://medium.com/iconominet

Iconomi is not a fund, ICNX is a fund and ICNP is a fund but Iconomi itself is not. Iconomi is- for lack of a better word- a cryptocurrency startup. You can follow ICNX value in real time and there are good reasons for not giving away re-balancing information ahead of time (to prevent front running, this was outlined by them in their "business plan"). They recently told us how many users were currently on the platform and how much they had currently collectively invested into ICNX.

For ICNP they have good reason for not announcing which projects they invest in until after the ICOs have closed (and they said this was the way they would do it from the get go in their "business plan"). You can track the ICO funds that were raised at their respective ICO addresses. They have disclosed each investment into ICNP after the ICO has closed as they said they would. They have disclosed the profit they took from their Golem investment, which brings me to the below point in regards to the buyback:

The reddit user acts as though Iconomi is just like "we have earned some money, will buy back!"
But Iconomi said they earned 1000 ETH by selling 1/3 of their ICNP investment into Golem, they said they would use that 1000 ETH to buy back over a 90 day period. They also previously disclosed how much they originally invested into Golem shortly after the ICO had closed. I think they will disclose more details surrounding the burn after it has been conducted, as with the funds they don't want to disclose how it will be conducted prior to prevent market manipulation and front running. If they don't disclose such information then we have a problem, but again just like with the Q1 financial report it is too early for us to act like there is already a problem.

The way that person is presenting the situation seems purposely misleading. Iconomi has been far more revealing and transparent than they allude to. And I'm not saying they have been perfect or that there aren't things they need to improve or need to address.

From my perspective these are the legitimate issues right now with Iconomi.
1. Why aren't we trading on more platforms yet? I don't think this has been address yet and this either needs to change or at least be addressed with a proper reason/answer. It was nice to see we will be added to shapeshift though. Perhaps ICN is trying to stick with more financially mature/professional platforms such as Kraken and shapeshift? They should at least explain their reasoning. If we are suddenly on polo or bittrex only after their ICN is unlocked that would be a huge red flag.
2. They need to disclose the rate at which people are being provided beta access to the platform and an estimate as to how long before release to the general public (an estimate not only for ICNX but also the DAMP as a whole), or in other words they need to readjust their roadmap/timeline/"business plan" to reflect recent changes/delays.
3. They need to disclose where Iconomi, INC. has been incorporated and clarify what ownership rights are given to ICN holders.

In regards to 3. Jani said this:

jani8x 5 points 1 month ago
    "In a favorable jurisdiction we can not name yet. As I said: it's SPV."

Probably not something they want to disclose willy-nilly on reddit or BCT, where it will get buried anyways and forgotten. Also I imagine incorporation of a crypto company can be tricky and take some time, or at least Lisk's process of doing so sure made it seem that way. Also people need to stop acting like they know what kind of legal and regulatory issues Iconomi is running into, and how SPVs and NDAs work in this sphere. What Iconomi is doing is brand new and largely unprecedented so unless you have also tried to start up and incorporate a company for managing crypto index funds (and want to be a fiat gateway as well) you probably don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Look at how long it took Lisk to form a non-profit and how little information could be disclosed during the process (and subsequently how long it took for them to produce their first financial report), what Iconomi is doing is likely more difficult considering they are not a non-profit, want to be a fiat gateway, are dealing in index funds and are responsible for management of other people's money, etc.
Give them time to do this the professional way, by making an official statement when everything is in place. I imagine it will be disclosed in the Q1 report, let's wait and see.

I've been away from the scene for the last few days so I may have missed additional information that came out during that time so somebody let me know if that is the case.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:02:22 PM

And that is not a proof:

Maybe people are getting confused to see the name of GAME and taking it as MobileGo. So many project have similar names but from my point of view this could GameCredit which is on the index. I also didn't hear any update regarding this decision.

Correct, GAME is the ticker for Gamecredits. Gamecredits never had an ICO. So the poster above is slightly confused. GAME is in the ICONOMI portfolio and has been performing great.

Therefore, I hope that the team behind ICONOMI has researched MobileGo and if for some reason they have missed it or overlooked it, I think they should start doing their research now.

Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:14:34 PM

Is there any emphasis by the Development team to get ICN on higher volume exchanges?  Assets do not have nearly the volume of currencies...  But without dividends, some volume wouldn't hurt the price...

It's already on high volume exchange what do you think Kraken that is biggest exchange. If your mean about Poloniex than we have to wait for functional platform than it will get more demand and will be on every exchange.
FUTURECRYPTO

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:55:20 PM

Any one investing in blockchain.capital? They are running their ico today.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:40:55 PM

any action?  still really like the coin but jeez......zzz

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:02:48 PM

I looked at them but decided not to. They look very institutionalised. And they require proof of ID.

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:28:45 PM

for example

You are right.When will ICN holders get benefit from these investment? what is the point of investing with ICN ICO funds when they

What was the ICO price?I think it was 22k and now the price is 37k how is it 300%?I am confused
outbox vision

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:14:27 PM

What was the ICO price?I think it was 22k and now the price is 37k how is it 300%?I am confused

I think he's talking $ wise, but that's bc of btc price appreciation
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:54:19 PM

I looked into B.C after being asked to do so.  I am not impressed with B.C altho there are some interesting things to learn from it.  They are attempting to do their token ICO in complete regulatory compliance with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules.  An American like me has present paperwork to B.C verifying I am a Regulation D "accredited investor".  This means I have either (a) $1M+ of assets beside my home or (b) tax returns showing I have made $200K+ in income for the past two years.  So....B.C is an ICO for rich people.  That ain't me.

Plus, if you read the fine print (which you only get to do if you are an "accredited investor", but word has leaked out), IMHO it's not that good of a deal.   They want to raise $50M, with $40M from venture capitalists and $10M from B.C token sales.   They intend to take a 25% cut of any token profits from any ICO investments, plus ongoing management fees.   So for example, say they invest $1M in an ICO and double their money for a $1M profit.  $800K goes to the VCs, $50K goes in their pocket as their profit fee, and less than $150K gets split among the 10M B.C token holders after "management fees" get taken out too.

So, I don't qualify to invest in the B.C ICO and I wouldn't even if I could.

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: