Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:42:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hunterwolfie

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:32:05 AM

Yeah it is kind of discouraging but if you think of it from a business model standpoint it makes sense. At that time they needed to raise revenue from investors, that was their primary job at the time, so of course they focused on that. Now that they have the money it is time to do something with it, so it kind of makes sense that they would be focusing on development now. Still, it would be nice if somebody maintained consistent community relations.

But also people want them to communicate but what if all they can say right now is nothing is ready yet, that nothing new has happened? Do we need to them to communicate even when there aren't new developments to communicate to us? If all they can say is "soon", I don't really see the point in saying it at all. It's like when you are a kid and you are driving in the car with your parents and you ask "are we there yet"? We aren't there yet, and I'm confident they will let us know when we are. They've been pretty good at telling us when something has happened or is happening, so I take their silence to simply mean there isn't much to update us with yet.

sorry but what?

You call dropping that "cofound.it" bombshell as them being "pretty good at telling us when something happened".

Am starting to get really tired of all the excuses being made by all the fan boys.

This person made an extremely good point on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/66dkxy/the_solution_to_the_iconomi_communication_problem/

If the Augur Team can do this: http://blog.augur.net/augur-development-update-april-12th/

then the ICONOMI team has absolutely no excuses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:34:19 AM

Yeah it is kind of discouraging but if you think of it from a business model standpoint it makes sense. At that time they needed to raise revenue from investors, that was their primary job at the time, so of course they focused on that. Now that they have the money it is time to do something with it, so it kind of makes sense that they would be focusing on development now. Still, it would be nice if somebody maintained consistent community relations.

But also people want them to communicate but what if all they can say right now is nothing is ready yet, that nothing new has happened? Do we need to them to communicate even when there aren't new developments to communicate to us? If all they can say is "soon", I don't really see the point in saying it at all. It's like when you are a kid and you are driving in the car with your parents and you ask "are we there yet"? We aren't there yet, and I'm confident they will let us know when we are. They've been pretty good at telling us when something has happened or is happening, so I take their silence to simply mean there isn't much to update us with yet.

sorry but what?

You call dropping that "cofound.it" bombshell as them being "pretty good at telling us when something happened".

Am starting to get really tired of all the excuses being made by all the fan boys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/66dkxy/the_solution_to_the_iconomi_communication_problem/

If the Augur Team can do this: http://blog.augur.net/augur-development-update-april-12th/

There has been an update after every development/change. That is what I call "pretty good at telling us when something happened." Because that is literally what they are doing, you fucking imbecile. I never said they were doing more than that. Do you want to read what I said over again and try to understand it? I believe in you.

I never said they couldn't be better, I never said they are as good as Augur. I'm not trying to compare them to other projects, if you want to compare them to other projects how about you compare in both directions? You familiar with Lisk and what was going on with it while they were establishing their foundation? Or a million other projects that don't even do what Iconomi does?

You're getting tired of all the "excuses", I'm getting tired of all your endless, repetitive "bitching". You can leave whenever you want, why are you here if you are so unhappy?
Hunterwolfie

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:40:57 AM

sorry but what?

There has been an update after every development/change. That is what I call "pretty good at telling us when something happened." Do you want to read what I said over again and try to understand it? I believe in you.

I never said they couldn't be better, I never said they are as good as Augur. I'm not trying to compare them to other projects, if you want to compare them to other projects how about you compare in both directions? You familiar with Lisk?

Lisk is an extremely bad example to compare ICONOMI to.

Max & Oliver did not come with the same mantle that ICONOMI team did especially with their Cashila background.

If you could not forsee thaat LISK would stall for ages, then am sorry to say but you are an idiot.

Anyone with some sense took profits the minute Lisk went above ICO.

I expected much more from ICONOMI given their background.
stormia

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:44:48 AM

sorry but what?

There has been an update after every development/change. That is what I call "pretty good at telling us when something happened." Do you want to read what I said over again and try to understand it? I believe in you.

I never said they couldn't be better, I never said they are as good as Augur. I'm not trying to compare them to other projects, if you want to compare them to other projects how about you compare in both directions? You familiar with Lisk?

Max & Oliver did not come with the same mantle that ICONOMI team did especially with their Cashila background.

If you could not forsee thaat LISK would stall for ages, then am sorry to say but you are an idiot.

Did it ever occur to you that setting up a non-profit foundation (for Lisk) is not the same as setting up a for-profit company for cryptocurrency index funds that also acts as a fiat gateway (Iconomi)? Hmm I wonder which would be more difficult, take longer, and require more expertise, and more discerning execution, and possibly run into more legal and regulatory roadblocks and hangups... Maybe there is more that goes into a comparison between two projects than their team's backgrounds, and if that didn't occur to you then I am sorry to say you are an idiot.
Hunterwolfie

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:46:28 AM

sorry but what?

Did it ever occur to you that setting up a non-profit foundation (for Lisk) is not the same as setting up a for-profit company for cryptocurrency index funds that also acts as a fiat gateway? Maybe there is more that goes into a comparison between two projects than their team's backgrounds, and if that didn't occur to you then I am sorry to say you are an idiot.

and you come across as a massive delusional fan boy.

since you obviously know so much as PR and all the inner workings of the project, maybe you should convince Jani too emply you as a spokesperson so you can spread some hopium around cause ICN certainly needs it.

Might as well get compensated for all that shilling you are doing.
stormia

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:47:31 AM

sorry but what?

Did it ever occur to you that setting up a non-profit foundation (for Lisk) is not the same as setting up a for-profit company for cryptocurrency index funds that also acts as a fiat gateway? Maybe there is more that goes into a comparison between two projects than their team's backgrounds, and if that didn't occur to you then I am sorry to say you are an idiot.

Better than coming off as a fucking idiot. And duh, I am a fan of Iconomi. No shit Sherlock, that's why I am here smartass. Why are you here?
Hunterwolfie

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:49:11 AM

sorry but what?

Better than coming off as a fucking idiot. And duh, I am a fan of Iconomi. No shit Sherlock, that's why I am here smartass. Why are you here?

cause I have a fuck load of ICN and I am here to make a shit load of money.

stormia

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:52:03 AM

sorry but what?

cause I have a fuck load of ICN

Hey we have something in common! But unlike you I don't see how smearing the team or the project is beneficial to my investment. Glass half full vs glass half empty, I guess.
Hunterwolfie

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:54:07 AM

Hey we have something in common! But unlike you I don't see how smearing the team or the project is beneficial to my investment. Glass half full vs glass half empty, I guess.

yeah, there's two sorts of people in the world.

Those who allow themselves to be door mats and those who don't.

guess we know which category you belong to... Roll Eyes

PS: there's no point in answering the questions of ICONOMI cult members...no matter how much you try to reason with them, you will be the one in the wrong....

Anyways, I hope ICONOMI does pull something special out of the bag and proves all the doubters wrong but I have to say, my hopes are fading rapidly.
stormia

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:57:16 AM

Optimists are doormats? Pessimists aren't? What? Sorry but your attempt at claiming those equivalences has no foundation in reality, nice try though!

I guess you think I was a victim- a poor doormat- when I held onto my ETH when people like you tried to convince me to sell.

Also maybe reread my original post you replied to and notice it isn't all that flattering to Iconomi, you just chose the most positive sentence in it to attack me over. It is optimistic, as I am, and full of questions you didn't bother to answer.
Hunterwolfie

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:58:28 AM

Optimists are doormats? Pessimists aren't? What? Sorry but your attempt at claiming those equivalences has no foundation in reality, nice try though!

I guess you think I was a victim- a poor doormat- when I held onto my ETH when people like you tried to convince me to sell.

Also maybe reread my original post you replied to and notice it isn't all that flattering to Iconomi, you just chose the most positive sentence in it to attack me over. It is optimistic, as I am, and full of questions you didn't bother to answer.

there's no point in answering the questions of ICONOMI cult members...no matter how much you try to reason with them, you will be the one in the wrong....

I never convinced you to sell your ETH, for you to be making that extrapolation on the basis of our little exchange is just laughable.

Roll Eyes
stormia

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:04:43 AM

there's no point in answering the questions of ICONOMI cult members...no matter how much you try to reason with them, you will be the one in the wrong....

"There's no point in answering a question, even if it is valid, if I don't like the people that posed it and have preconceptions as to how they will respond to my answers." Reeeeally mature. Soooo logical. And what an easy way for you to get out of answering questions, how clever!  

Also I guess this means you would be okay with the Iconomi team doing the same thing? Not responding to certain peoples' questions because they know they won't be happy no matter what the answer is and will always find something new to bitch about?  Cheesy
stormia

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:07:31 AM

Alright I'm out. Always fun here on the Iconomi thread. This is my go-to place when I need to exercise my argumentative skills. Til next time!
Hunterwolfie

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:12:02 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 07:12:32 AM by Hunterwolfie

"There's no point in answering a question, even if it is valid, if I don't like the people that posed it and have preformed conceptions as to how they will respond to my answers." Reeeeally mature. Soooo logical. And what an easy way for you to get out of answering questions, how clever!  

Also I guess this means you would be okay with the Iconomi team doing the same thing? Not responding to certain peoples' questions because they know they won't be happy no matter what the answer is and will always find something new to bitch about?  Cheesy

You obviously want the last word.

well you can have it.

Hope it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Bravo.

I hold ICN and as such I want my investment to go to the moon.

My concerns are steeped in facts and I am not the only one who's been expressing my discontent at the way things are being handled.

What I don't have time is to partake in an exercise of ego masturbation with someone who obviously thinks that he knows best and can speak on

behalf of the team.

Such people who think that they are doing a stellar job are actually really toxic to real investors who might just make you cry in your cornflakes

should they decide to exit their positions.

Give yourself a pat on the back Stormia.

You managed to bore me to death.

bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:08:45 AM

i have no ICN. i have no tokens of any competitor either.

on the announcement of the burning initiative, is it correct to say that if the market price of ICN is lower the cost to the project of burning is reduced? is this true or a misconception?
DeadlyEskimo

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:56:48 AM

i have no ICN. i have no tokens of any competitor either.

on the announcement of the burning initiative, is it correct to say that if the market price of ICN is lower the cost to the project of burning is reduced? is this true or a misconception?

To clarify.

The cost of the act of burning is the same.

The quantity able to be purchased to burn will be higher if: 1) ICN is cheap
2) ETH is worth more

Essentially the more that can be destroyed before any real rise in price, the better for the long term holders.
B!gSmoke

Activity: 514
Merit: 353

Respect has to be earned, just like money!

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:20:30 AM

This was just posted from Jani in slack.

Edit: Quarterly report will come 100% this month.
Bitcoin2009

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:27:28 AM

Alright I'm out. Always fun here on the Iconomi thread. This is my go-to place when I need to exercise my argumentative skills. Til next time!
OK, hopefully you can be a good Ambassador for these coins, during this silent reader but I'm just very interested in following this coin since 4 months ago.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 08:36:42 AM

Yeap seems confirmed this month

Quaterly

ez $$
AdobeWriter

Activity: 359
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:40:17 AM

Time to go to the moon  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: