Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:57:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583503 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:44:56 PM

AMA comment count rising. Jani still answering? It's a bit hard to keep track.

Use https://www.reddit.com/user/jani8x/comments

He hasn't replied to the AMA for 15 hours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:45:22 PM

Of gratitude that will increase the price too, but we need to wait patiently .
Mendeleev

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:49:23 PM

After I read about BCAP dumping 100% of their crypto for USD when ETH was only $44, I'm glad I didn't invest.

In terms of AUM, ICNP has already grown bigger than BCAP simply because they didn't dump their BTC and ETH.

You need a new talking point, Move.

BCAP would have held it if they had a crystal ball. This is just as bad as when people say "Iconomi should have invested in X because it's increased 20x"

You vex me, sir!

But I still love you.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:03:27 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 02:31:41 PM by MoveCrypto

After I read about BCAP dumping 100% of their crypto for USD when ETH was only $44, I'm glad I didn't invest.

In terms of AUM, ICNP has already grown bigger than BCAP simply because they didn't dump their BTC and ETH.

BCAP would have held it if they had a crystal ball. This is just as bad as when people say "Iconomi should have invested in X because it's increased 20x"

You vex me, sir!

But I still love you.

It was obvious to a lot of crypto traders that ETH would be doing a bull run going into May for a number of reasons (addition to Alphabay, huge mainstream companies joining EEA at end of May, ice-age kicking in, Raiden MVP 85% complete)

No crystal ball required to have known weeks ago (as soon as information about new EEA members and Alphabay was released in March) that ETH would be going above $75 at end of April, like I kept repeating to anyone who would listen in the slack.

I go back to this same talking point because it's a tremendous mistake that someone would dump 100% of their ETH at $44, while a lot of us were buying and holding on for dear life.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
Mendeleev

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

It was obvious to a lot of crypto traders that ETH would be doing a bull run going into May for a number of reasons (addition to Alphabay, huge mainstream companies joining EEA at end of May, ice-age kicking in, Raiden MVP 85% complete)

No crystal ball required to have known 5 weeks ago (as soon as information about new EEA members and Alphabay was released at end of March) that ETH would be going above $75 at end of April, like I kept repeating to anyone who would listen in the slack.

I go back to this same talking point because it's a tremendous mistake that someone would dump 100% of their ETH at $44, while a lot of us were buying and holding on for dear life.

Indeed. I was buying under $50 too. But there's still risks involved. A lot of people worry about big sell offs too.

It's good to imagine other outcomes though. If there'd been some major bad news for ETH, then they'd have made the right choice.

I'm not defending them though. I haven't even looked into them.

Perhaps they are kicking themselves. But we all do that from time to time  Grin

Buy Litecoin.
Hunterwolfie

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:36:16 PM

you idiots should be buying Wild Pussy Cat Coin and Veltor.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/wild-beast-block/

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/veltor/

you can thank me later.

Kiss
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 02:40:39 PM

You vex me, sir!

But I still love you.

No crystal ball required to have known weeks ago (as soon as information about new EEA members and Alphabay was released in March) that ETH would be going above $75 at end of April, like I kept repeating to anyone who would listen in the slack.

Yes you are right, but one thing you need to understand is that calls like yours will always come true in a bull market, when the bear market run start, it will be interesting to see where you stand

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:41:01 PM

you idiots should be buying Wild Pussy Cat Coin and Veltor.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/wild-beast-block/

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/veltor/

you can thank me later.

Kiss

+1 for WBB  Grin Cool - it will super moon soon.

nooo idea what veltor is though.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:38:31 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 05:55:03 PM by Daparski

No crystal ball required to have known 5 weeks ago (as soon as information about new EEA members and Alphabay was released at end of March) that ETH would be going above $75 at end of April, like I kept repeating to anyone who would listen in the slack.

Indeed. I was buying under $50 too. But there's still risks involved. A lot of people worry about big sell offs too.

It's good to imagine other outcomes though. If there'd been some major bad news for ETH, then they'd have made the right choice.

I'm not defending them though. I haven't even looked into them.

Perhaps they are kicking themselves. But we all do that from time to time  Grin

Buy Litecoin.

There is one fundamental problem with that: BCAP and melonport are aiming to build/invest in the crypto sphere. How can you pretend to build a crypto platform based on ethereum or to be a fund manager for crypto projects and convert all of your ICO money to toilet paper?
You're basically saying that holding ethereum or bitcoin for few years is too risky. They could simply convert enough of the ICO money to cover for 2 years of expenses.
Just like Iconomi did
iread2little

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:41:34 PM

Iconomi might come back it's just really hard to tell and the benefits that their first mover advantage gave them seem to be fewer and fewer as the days go on.  It kinda sucks they originally collected $10,000,000 USD and the funds value has grown $50,000,000+ just based on the rise of crypto in general and we as holders don't really benefit at all from it.  When on the other hand you have coins like Taas that have collected $8,000,000 and since the end of their ICO the value of their funding has grown 25% ($2,000,000) and they've already confirmed that profits generated from overall crypto growth count as profit (as it should) and will be paid back to investors as dividends, meaning the first dividend payments already going to be 50% of that $2,000,000 and it's only been 8 days since the end of the ICO.  Meanwhile Iconomi won't provide the burn address or even tell it's investors how much they've invested in their latest ICO's until the end of the quarter, how does that make any sense and how is that transparent?
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:57:32 PM

worst performer ICN

ICN is still above its ICO value... I get the frustration that it isn't worth much more by now but let's be real here.
welshminer

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:17:26 PM

Iconomi might come back it's just really hard to tell and the benefits that their first mover advantage gave them seem to be fewer and fewer as the days go on.  It kinda sucks they originally collected $10,000,000 USD and the funds value has grown $50,000,000+ just based on the rise of crypto in general and we as holders don't really benefit at all from it.  When on the other hand you have coins like Taas that have collected $8,000,000 and since the end of their ICO the value of their funding has grown 25% ($2,000,000) and they've already confirmed that profits generated from overall crypto growth count as profit (as it should) and will be paid back to investors as dividends, meaning the first dividend payments already going to be 50% of that $2,000,000 and it's only been 8 days since the end of the ICO.  Meanwhile Iconomi won't provide the burn address or even tell it's investors how much they've invested in their latest ICO's until the end of the quarter, how does that make any sense and how is that transparent?

Personally I'd prefer not to distribute gains from ICO assets growth. By distributing you limit the investment capabilities. More money to invest = more profit for investors.

BTW your numbers are skewed plus TaaS is building portfolio using 75% of ICO funds which leaves them with just $6M to invest if they distribute ICO funds value gains.

Also ICONOMI has several revenue streams ICNX, ICNP, public DAA and yet unadvertised ICNL. In addition to that ICN is going to be a utility token as well.

Do your math now Wink
d3nc3nd

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:19:53 PM

down ... down ... icn, Investors in anger  Grin
Devs sleep peacefully at night ?
stormia

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:21:30 PM

If Iconomi is having issues with liquidity of certain components of the index, what if for now they released an ICN lite version that only contains the most liquid assets? And new assets could be added in as their liquidity increases or tolerance for low liquidity improves.
fennyllywof-7700

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:27:20 PM

Reality is ICONOMI are just plain arrogant and rude.

They made millions off the back of our money and they can't even be arsed to communicate with their investors properly.

They also went back on the promise of paying ETH dividends.

Don't get me started with that buyback crap being the same thing.

Cause if the market had perceived it to be the same crap, ICN would have mooned by now but instead it's a dump fest.

ICONOMI shill boys need to shut up and start demanding more transparency from their masters.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:27:35 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 08:08:47 PM by MoveCrypto

Iconomi might come back it's just really hard to tell and the benefits that their first mover advantage gave them seem to be fewer and fewer as the days go on.  It kinda sucks they originally collected $10,000,000 USD and the funds value has grown $50,000,000+ just based on the rise of crypto in general and we as holders don't really benefit at all from it.  When on the other hand you have coins like Taas that have collected $8,000,000 and since the end of their ICO the value of their funding has grown 25% ($2,000,000) and they've already confirmed that profits generated from overall crypto growth count as profit (as it should) and will be paid back to investors as dividends, meaning the first dividend payments already going to be 50% of that $2,000,000 and it's only been 8 days since the end of the ICO.  Meanwhile Iconomi won't provide the burn address or even tell it's investors how much they've invested in their latest ICO's until the end of the quarter, how does that make any sense and how is that transparent?

If that's true, then it sounds like a pointless system.

For example:

Let's say I collect 1000 BTC to start a crypto fund when BTC is worth $1000

I promise to pay 50% of "profit" as dividends (all calculated in USD and also counting un-invested assets)

I make no investments and BTC goes up to $2000

If I send 50% of that $1m "profit" out as dividends, then I would be refunding 250 BTC to the holders straight out of the ico money.  

What is the point of collecting crypto for an investment fund, then slowly refunding the exact same crypto if the $ value of it appreciates?

This would actually be fucked up if I took 25% of the "profit", or 125 BTC for myself directly out of the ico crypto as a fee.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
stormia

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:29:41 PM

They made millions off the back of our money and they can't even be arsed to communicate with their investors properly.

Cause if the market had perceived it to be the same crap, ICN would have mooned by now but instead it's a dump fest.

ICONOMI shill boys need to shut up and start demanding more transparency from their masters.

Let's see... Q financial reports, medium blog posts, email updates, they just did an AMA yesterday, and they are currently in Slack talking with us. You look like a fucking idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about. What else do you want them to do? What other project does all of that and still receives this number of complaints about "communication". If the price was high and they were doing the same or even far less, nobody would complain. So let's not pretend we don't know what this is really about.
fennyllywof-7700

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:34:08 PM

Let's see... Q1 financial report, medium blog posts, email updates, they just did an AMA yesterday, and they are currently in Slack talking with us. You look like a fucking idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about.

actually one of ICONOMI's biggest investors begs to differ.

He's made it very clear that his concerns haven't been addressed.

So, You are the one who's coming across as a massive shill idiot.

Jan from cofound.it is in slack talking btw.

So spare me your drivel you silly twat.

stormia

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:36:20 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 07:47:53 PM by stormia

Let's see... Q1 financial report, medium blog posts, email updates, they just did an AMA yesterday, and they are currently in Slack talking with us. You look like a fucking idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about.

actually one of ICONOMI's biggest investors begs to differ.

He's made it very clear that his concerns haven't been addressed.

So, You are the one who's coming across as a massive shill idiot.

Jan from cofound.it is in slack talking btw.

So spare me your drivel you silly twat.

Cofound.it doesn't exist yet, smartass. Yan is still working closely with iconomi. Maybe you should actually read what he is saying in slack?

Mal didn't get his questions answered, sure that sucks. He got some of his questions answered. Many other questions were answered in the AMA. We got our Q1 report. We got an email update on icnp investments.

But again name one project that does all of that and still gets bitched about nonstop.

And again, if the price were high nobody would pretend to care about "communication".
fennyllywof-7700

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:42:14 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

retarded shillboy alert
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: