Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583503 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btcunbranded

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:20:40 PM

Instead of investing in many ico one should buy icn but they do not give share in ico tokens.
CoinDash will give you share in ico tokens which they would invest in.

woot? Do you even know:
1. What you even said?
2. What Coindash is about?
Deep understanding of traditional markets is definately a plus in crypto, but i saw
a seasoned analyst on CNBC admit that they havent figured it all out yet!.
TRUTH be told, its mainly speculation, Nobody knows but I have learnt alot from reading here
Thankyou all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajhodge7

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:58:55 PM

Ok, $1m trade volume is generous, but a good round number...so $100k in buy back everyday on top of the normal amount, so like you said, a 20% increase in demand.  A 20% increase in demand would result in a higher magnitude change in the actual price of the token, not just a 20%.  This would result in some serious upward momentum based on economic theory assuming a normal elasticity...ICN's supply is inelastic since quantity is fixed (BUT quantity decreases as buybacks occur).  There is multiple factors occurring where these buybacks could get out of hand quickly.

Here is a perfectly inelastic supply line.  Note Do moving to D1 and how Po goes to P1:
https://econmicro.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/perfectly-inelastic-supply-in-market-period1.jpg

And here is a "normal" supply (fiat currency):
https://www.ezyeducation.co.uk/images/Lexicon_Images/supply_cuve_shifts.png

NOW decrease the supply and your price change is even greater...

SO, looking at the first graph, move S to the left (call is S').  You'll now be let with a new P- price (call it P2),which will be even higher than P1 since the equilibrium will be where D1 and S' theoretically cross.  There are 3 factors causing the magnitude of change to be more than 20%  (increase in demand, decrease in supply, and the fact supply is inelastic).

I'm not really offering a solution, just noting the problem. 

We are talking about different things - I was trying to say that limit orders during buybacks will be filled and there is no need to buy at market price. You say 20% increase in demand will cause disproportionate increase in price. Sure, I agree.

However, markets are slightly more complicated than what your drawings show.  Smiley

In the short run supply curve heavily depends on subjective beliefs and can wobble frequently.
Overall the supply curve of ICN looks something like this and shifts back with every burn.

Hey Welsh,

Yes, markets are def more complicated, that is why I said "theory", not reality. 

The supply curve does not look like oil though.  Oil supply increases as the price increases since one can use methods that are more costly to extract more oil.  So supply is not fixed.  ICN is fixed and it is not dependent on external factors for changes in its supply...the only thing that changes supply is internal factors which is why it is inelastic.  ICONOMI shifts the supply curve (line here) when it burns tokens.  Yes, the amount they burn is external, but they ultimately determine supply.

Anyways, I think we are off topic and I missed your original point so my bad there.

I agree limit prices will be filled, but I think another user stated they would be spending more in buy backs by doing that.

Good sh!t here, hope to keep the topic alive.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 08:27:33 PM

After their successful investment in cofound,price of ICN has gone further up.What is next ICO that ICONOMI might invest in?I think they will never liquidate their cofound investment because it is their in-house investment
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 09:58:20 PM

After their successful investment in cofound,price of ICN has gone further up.What is next ICO that ICONOMI might invest in?I think they will never liquidate their cofound investment because it is their in-house investment
They shouldn't look at it that way though. They should just look at Cofound as another investment they hold, and trade it accordingly. If they think the project will do well in the future, hold on to it, and if not, sell. Where it started should have no bearing on the investment thesis of the underlying coin. They got a good chunk of the Cofound tokens, and they should have a good strategy around it (or one can hope).
kalpit

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:33:42 AM

I would not say it an investment in Cofound. They got a share in Cofound as it is indirectly a subsidiary of Iconomi.

Even if they liquidate Cofoundit Iconomi holds, it will not be used for buy backs. It would be used for operational cost of Iconomi. I think they will liquidate Cofoundit tokens when all the ICO investments are used up.
DugiOtok

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:57:09 AM

Hi guys, right now Iconomi has a marketcapitalization of 178 million dollars.
I wonder what you guys believe, what could be the potential market cap. of ICN? Doesn't matter if you see this over 10 years or over 1 year...
Just what is your idea about this?

Thanks.
Hypolite
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:23:15 AM

In my opinion, we are at the very beginning at the very beginning of the beginning.
It can very quickly rise in the months to come.

Personally I keep buying as much as I can.
I can see the ICN at $ 15/20 by the end of the year.
But this is only for me.

btcunbranded

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:29:19 AM

In my opinion, we are at the very beginning at the very beginning of the beginning.

But this is only for me.
Was looking at my hoard of cryptos this morning and thinking ICN is definately due to wake up!
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 10:06:08 AM

But this is only for me.
I feel it should get added to other exchanges if you're looking for a quick 'pump'. Otherwise, over a long time, it can survive pretty well with just being on Kraken. However, Kraken doesn't have enough liquidity and users for it to go up like some of the other coins - that usually requires action on multiple exchanges.
Hypolite
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:51:44 AM

But this is only for me.
I feel it should get added to other exchanges if you're looking for a quick 'pump'. Otherwise, over a long time, it can survive pretty well with just being on Kraken. However, Kraken doesn't have enough liquidity and users for it to go up like some of the other coins - that usually requires action on multiple exchanges.

According to me no need for great exchanges at the moment. Their project is so dementious that it will be enough to grow.
The big exchanges will be the cherries on the cake.

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 11:01:36 AM

But this is only for me.
If strong hands like you keep buying and holding, it will eventually push the price further up and your target $15/20 can be achieved.
The problem is that ICN with 80 million circulation is spread widely among people and many of them are week hands who sell at smallest pump.
Hypolite
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:00:19 PM

But this is only for me.
If strong hands like you keep buying and holding, it will eventually push the price further up and your target $15/20 can be achieved.
The problem is that ICN with 80 million circulation is spread widely among people and many of them are week hands who sell at smallest pump.

No worry will happen as with ETH, with time everything will smooth, and strong hands will recover more beautiful than weak hands who will have lost money.

EDIT : Everything is a matter of time and balance

Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:53:05 PM

But this is only for me.

No worry will happen as with ETH, with time everything will smooth, and strong hands will recover more beautiful than weak hands who will have lost money.

yep, I agree. It took 2+ years for ethereum to take off. Building strong foundations take time. I think the more people sell now, the better it is for the long term. Tokens need to exchange hands and if someone that bought at $0.25 sells at $2.00 for profit - there is nothing wrong with that.
Choosing 2-3 solid projects and hold is a better approach than flipping, at least to me.
spendawgs

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:37:31 PM

But this is only for me.

yep, I agree. It took 2+ years for ethereum to take off. Building strong foundations take time. I think the more people sell now, the better it is for the long term. Tokens need to exchange hands and if someone that bought at $0.25 sells at $2.00 for profit - there is nothing wrong with that.
Choosing 2-3 solid projects and hold is a better approach than flipping, at least to me.

Im with you Dapa. Long term hodlers will fair much better than traders. However im basically all in ICN.

Woof woof!!
Motivator

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:44:41 PM

Just decided to buy some more ICN considering the marketcap is pretty much pennies in terms of the potential in this project. Plus the platform launches this year? Debating whether to go all in on this little fucker.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:46:29 PM

But this is only for me.

Im with you Dapa. Long term hodlers will fair much better than traders. However im basically all in ICN.

To be honest it's not wise to be all in one project, even the greatest. Should at least split in 2 or 3 good coins. Just saying Wink
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 06:48:27 PM

But this is only for me.

There's an added benefit as well - if the price remains low, it gives the team the opportunity to buy back and burn more tokens than if the price were higher. With the low price then, longer term holders benefit more.
spendawgs

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:48:57 PM

But this is only for me.

To be honest it's not wise to be all in one project, even the greatest. Should at least split in 2 or 3 good coins. Just saying Wink

I agree with you amd i was split between 3 for a long time.  But since then I havkt found 1 singke other project that has such amazing upside potential of ICONOMI. I still havnt fount a business model that will survive

Woof woof!!
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:24:41 PM

Who could have thought few days back that icn will cross $2 mark?Now next stop is $5,any fool wanna sell to me?

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
scrimper

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:35:36 AM

Just decided to buy some more ICN considering the marketcap is pretty much pennies in terms of the potential in this project. Plus the platform launches this year? Debating whether to go all in on this little fucker.

i´m not sure, but i think they said in the last ama that the public release is in the next 2 month...
Pages: « 1 ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: