Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:25:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:29:37 PM

Yes, the fees will go towards buybacks, but I doubt that it will listed on the ICN platform because it is only for professional investors...

I doubt it because they stated that only professional investors will be able to purchase these funds...

So will Nina Columbus be available to buy on Iconomi platform just like regular funds? I've only glimpsed thru the medium article but haven't found this info, only about traditional stock exchange.

where have you seen this statement? To my knowledge they said they will pay fees to iconomi that means using the iconomi platform.

check the last sentence in the post

https://medium.com/@columbuscapital/2018-the-year-of-columbus-capital-q-a-2e53e01bfed9

Iconomi said the whole time they are a investing platform for everybody, professional investors included.
At the moment actually they focus only on professional investors regarding marketing (see meet the managers events). Can't see a reason why some professional investor would say pass at iconomi platform.
Actually i can find a few reasons someone that wants to invest in crypto BIG time can make himself a private/public DAA with the platform being super easy to use.
They have top security. They are insured and use cold storage. This is what professional investors are searching for.
Big four audit it's also in the roadmap and goal is to gain trust from big money.
Fiat gateway it's also a tool for big players. And at first will be open only for big deposits.
Almost everything they develop it's meant to bring big investors.

got some questions

why would you think professional investors would avoid Iconomi platform? what would they have as a alternative with decent fees and fort Knox security?
why should columbus pay fees to iconomi if they don't host the funds?
DAA's produce fees to iconomi when you let your money on the iconomi platform (managing fees) and when you sell from a daa fund from the platform (exit fees).
they don't perceive fees from financial operations outside the platform and i did not hear any rumor about they planing to do so. Do you have info otherwise?

i don't use rocketchat if what info you have is from there please share.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pzrqvw

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:30:08 PM

Yes, the fees will go towards buybacks, but I doubt that it will listed on the ICN platform because it is only for professional investors...

I doubt it because they stated that only professional investors will be able to purchase these funds...

So will Nina Columbus be available to buy on Iconomi platform just like regular funds? I've only glimpsed thru the medium article but haven't found this info, only about traditional stock exchange.

where have you seen this statement? To my knowledge they said they will pay fees to iconomi that means using the iconomi platform.

https://medium.com/@columbuscapital/2018-the-year-of-columbus-capital-q-a-2e53e01bfed9

Iconomi said the whole time they are a investing platform for everybody, professional investors included.
At the moment actually they focus only on professional investors regarding marketing (see meet the managers events). Can't see a reason why some professional investor would say pass at iconomi platform.
Actually i can find a few reasons someone that wants to invest in crypto BIG time can make himself a private/public DAA with the platform being super easy to use.
They have top security. They are insured and use cold storage. This is what professional investors are searching for.
Big four audit it's also in the roadmap and goal is to gain trust from big money.
Fiat gateway it's also a tool for big players. And at first will be open only for big deposits.

got some questions

why would you think professional investors would avoid Iconomi platform? what would they have as a alternative with decent fees and fort Knox security?
DAA's produce fees to iconomi when you let your money on the iconomi platform (managing fees) and when you sell from a daa fund from the platform (exit fees).
they don't perceive fees from financial operations outside the platform and i did not hear any rumor about they planing to do so. Do you have info otherwise?

an interesting project rather for retail investors could be:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3270527.0
Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:10:56 PM

got some questions

an interesting project rather for retail investors could be:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3270527.0

Team does not have experience in other projects not to mention finance. Philipp Doğan it's the only one with a 2 year work experience. At least is this is what come up with doing a quick search. They speak about Switzerland and Swiss law in the concept paper yet none of them are from there. Building a business in a country that is foreign to you and you don't have any past experience in doing so it's not a wise choice. Token distribution it's the point that draws the line 35% from all token will be sold to the public. These are bad numbers and if you consider that they want to make a system that pays dividends it's even worse. this means you will get only 35% of the profit that will be distributed to 100% investors. If they we're really planning to make a divident system that works and will pay good somewhere in the future they would have gone maybe with less than 15% of the tokens for team costs and everything else. Iconomi had 85% of the tokens sold in crowdsale. Not to ruin your party but i would be a little careful how much i invest with them.
zihadhayder

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:40:07 AM

Oh,i want to achieve this coin,very recently i will buy 1000 pich.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:28:04 PM

Who said that professional investors will avoid Iconomi? Cheesy I am a big supporter and ICN owner, not someone trying to FUD. But it is stated in the Columbus Capital blog post that only professional investors will be able to invest in Nina, simple fact...

Why I don't think that the fund will be listed on the Iconomi platform? Because they will have to differentiate between professional investors and regular ones. Professional probably meaning acredited (in my opinion anyway). But now that I am thinking about it, they might just list it as a private DAA and only show it to investors that qualify for it and that would probably be the easiest way to hold the funds on the platform and directly collect fees.

got some questions

Topknotbam
Legendary

Activity: 1938
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:55:08 PM

ICONOMI's @JureSutar has prepared an insightful report from Meet the Managers: Madrid, where our speakers were joined by investors and potential DAA managers for a day of keynote talks and interactive panel discussions. Read more about the event here:

https://medium.com/iconominet/meet-the-managers-madrid-6838346c18a1

https://twitter.com/iconominet/status/983697964756623361

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
MaxKordek

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:34:47 PM
Merited by Topknotbam (2)

Final escrow update from my side in regards to Iconomi's LSK holdings

https://twitter.com/MaxKordek/status/984408284328349696

Thanks to the Iconomi team for being so professional in the whole matter. My job with being an escrow agent is now done and I'm looking forward to more announcements from the Iconomi team. Their platform sure went a long way from the beginning, looks great!
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:37:54 PM

@someonesomeone @Gutenhans

So do we have any conclusion about Nina being present on ICONOMI and available to buy for registered users? Would really like to know should I collect some funds to get some or just forget about it. Maybe next AMA we get straigth answer.
someonesomeone

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:56:01 PM

Get some what? You mean invest into Nina? No idea, I know that I only buy ICN and not the DAAs so for me it doesn't matter if it gets listed either way as long there will be fees flowing from it for buybacks Cheesy

So do we have any conclusion about Nina being present on ICONOMI and available to buy for registered users? Would really like to know should I collect some funds to get some or just forget about it. Maybe next AMA we get straigth answer.
think3214

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:11:08 PM

Get some what? You mean invest into Nina? No idea, I know that I only buy ICN and not the DAAs so for me it doesn't matter if it gets listed either way as long there will be fees flowing from it for buybacks Cheesy

New #DAA metrics have been released: volatility, max drawdown, and return (including all-time). Check out the new metrics for this quarter's best performer, FCI: https://www.iconomi.net/dashboard/#/daa/FCI
sud

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:01:53 PM

Yes, if Nina gets tokenized like BLX did, and it will perform well, I would like to buy some to diversify my portfolio. Do you still fill your bags with ICN? Smiley I cannot convince myself to get more, although still belive some day this token will shine.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 09:54:43 PM

Yes, if Nina gets tokenized like BLX did, and it will perform well, I would like to buy some to diversify my portfolio. Do you still fill your bags with ICN? Smiley I cannot convince myself to get more, although still belive some day this token will shine.
I think the team has gone back on their word one too many times, so no one trusts them anymore with helping the ICN token. I guess they have completely retracted the whitepaper on which they raised money from investors as well, and have been changing things without consulting with ICN holders who gave them the capital to invest.
Vermalen

Activity: 546
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:34:26 AM

An insightful interview MatejTomazin gave for TriStone: https://bit.ly/2qz8u5b

And Weekly Update  13 Apr - https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-weekly-update-d290aa65be14
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 03:56:22 PM

And Weekly Update  13 Apr - https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-weekly-update-d290aa65be14
Still nothing on the ICN utility Undecided Seems the team has given up on the people who funded them in the first place.

Does anyone have a copy of the original ICONOMI whitepaper that they used to raise money from investors? (Post here or PM me please)
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:53:38 PM

Still nothing on the ICN utility Undecided Seems the team has given up on the people who funded them in the first place.

Does anyone have a copy of the original ICONOMI whitepaper that they used to raise money from investors? (Post here or PM me please)

It does feel like a constant kick in the nuts towards ICO investors.

I think it would be good to post the original whitepaper publically for everyone to see, if anyone still has it that is.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:30:40 PM

They announced ICN utilities one month ago and posted a timeline when they will be introduced

https://medium.com/iconominet/introducing-fees-payable-in-icn-4c466e17a6cb

Dividends have been abandoned to avoid being proclaimed as securities which might be a good decision seeing upcoming regulatory framework. Lots of projects are going in the same direction. The end result should be pretty much the same
sud

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:37:30 PM

@muleroaa @ruletheworld

I wasn't in crypto in 2016 yet and didn't invest in Iconomi ICO, but when I first bought ICN tokens the dividends was still on the roadmap (early 2017). I've found this pdf dated July 2016, so I guess it is the original one made for crowdsale. They even ditched the token holders voting promise...

https://coss.io/documents/white-papers/iconomi.pdf

ICN tokens represent ownership of the ICONOMI platform, allowing their holders to receive dividends and vote on ICONOMI related issues.

On the positive side, the team delivered working product - fund management platform, and they are developing it pretty well. Not many blockchain projects did that.
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:47:59 PM
Merited by Sjacmur (2)

@muleroaa @ruletheworld

I wasn't in crypto in 2016 yet and didn't invest in Iconomi ICO, but when I first bought ICN tokens the dividends was still on the roadmap (early 2017). I've found this pdf dated July 2016, so I guess it is the original one made for crowdsale. They even ditched the token holders voting promise...

ICN tokens represent ownership of the ICONOMI platform, allowing their holders to receive dividends and vote on ICONOMI related issues.

On the positive side, the team delivered working product - fund management platform, and they are developing it pretty well. Not many blockchain projects did that.

Thanks for the link. It does seem like the original Whitepaper. I remember reading it before the ICO, but never saved a copy. Good to have a local copy just in case.

For reference on how much the team has gone back on their original promises, here's a quote. Note that dividends vs. buybacks is the least of people's concerns:

100 % of the ICONOMI tokens represent 100 % ownership of the ICONOMI platform, comprising of all assets and liabilities, as well as each and every right and obligation, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, branding and trademarks.

ICN ownership entitles its possessor to participate in ICONOMI platform related voting. One of the most important voting issues will be the selection of service operators. ICN holders are free to vote on a service operator at any time after the ICONOMI platform has been launched, but not before a 24-month moratorium has passed.

I don't see the above being true one bit.

The biggest problem is, all these 'changes' were done AFTER the team raised millions of dollars from the ICO participants. This is material misrepresentation to investors.

With respect to the actual product being developed, I am quite happy with that to be honest, and you're right that they seem better than most ICOs that never deliver anything. With that being said, all the value is going to the team instead of the ICN holders as they promised during the ICO. This is a problem. It is as if they took the money from one group, and built something to benefit another group, violating all the promises made to the first group during the process of raising money. That's what is concerning - not the product itself, but the use of the funds to benefit the investors who put the money to build the product in the first place. That's why everyone is so keen on the ICN utility, so that the ICO investors can see some of the benefits from the platform as well.

The dividends aspect is just one of dozens of issues.
Sjacmur

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:06:17 AM

@ruletheworld

exactly.
They scam us.
I participate in ICO and never see any profit or dividend from this tokens.
Token without connection with platform are useless and nothing worth. Price depends from only speculation even with some burns. Burns nothing is still nothing worth.

Yes platform after many years and funds works but ICN token dont give us any profit.
Its scam.
someonesomeone

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:01:50 AM

They haven't changed anything but dividends to buybacks.

The 24 month moratorium hasn't passed yet so there was no vote yet...

They stated in a previous AMA that ICN token holders would be entitled to the money from all the Iconomi owned assets if it would come to a stop.

EDIT: Am I unhappy with their speed of development and ICN utility? For sure, but I still think that they are building up the foundations to make ICN holders very rich in the future and I am willing to wait.

@muleroaa @ruletheworld

Thanks for the link. It does seem like the original Whitepaper. I remember reading it before the ICO, but never saved a copy. Good to have a local copy just in case.

For reference on how much the team has gone back on their original promises, here's a quote. Note that dividends vs. buybacks is the least of people's concerns:

100 % of the ICONOMI tokens represent 100 % ownership of the ICONOMI platform, comprising of all assets and liabilities, as well as each and every right and obligation, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, branding and trademarks.

ICN ownership entitles its possessor to participate in ICONOMI platform related voting. One of the most important voting issues will be the selection of service operators. ICN holders are free to vote on a service operator at any time after the ICONOMI platform has been launched, but not before a 24-month moratorium has passed.

I don't see the above being true one bit.

The biggest problem is, all these 'changes' were done AFTER the team raised millions of dollars from the ICO participants. This is material misrepresentation to investors.

With respect to the actual product being developed, I am quite happy with that to be honest, and you're right that they seem better than most ICOs that never deliver anything. With that being said, all the value is going to the team instead of the ICN holders as they promised during the ICO. This is a problem. It is as if they took the money from one group, and built something to benefit another group, violating all the promises made to the first group during the process of raising money. That's what is concerning - not the product itself, but the use of the funds to benefit the investors who put the money to build the product in the first place. That's why everyone is so keen on the ICN utility, so that the ICO investors can see some of the benefits from the platform as well.

The dividends aspect is just one of dozens of issues.
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: