Poll
Question: ReBranding for Bitcoin?
Yes - 3 (5.2%)
No - 47 (81%)
I do not care - 8 (13.8%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we ReBrand Bitcoin?  (Read 5140 times)
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:12:00 AM

Well bitcoin is already fine for me as the way it is right now,
but if it will be rebrand for in a good way then I wouldn't mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:51:25 PM

When it comes to even rebranding of a product in the corporate world, you dont just go for it because you feel like no, there are several factors responsible for that among which include getting to the end of its life cycle and to rejuvenate the interest the company goes for rebranding and even looking at it, bitcoin is not a product that reaches the end of its life cycle with a short period of time, no its a currency and currencies dont get to end their life cycle they just depreciate which in this case bitcoin is appreciating and by so reason, I dont see the need for such re-branding...

totally changing a currency.. no.
but regular subtle rejuvenations do happen..

the UK pound is still the pound.. but even the pound tries to stay uptodate

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:19:57 PM

No, it's not. Bitcoin was really effective by its own unique name, color, and design. No need an improvement, I think it's better to improve is our internet connection (here in the Philippines) because we face some internet problems like suddenly slow of internet connection, sometimes it becomes worst.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:00:46 PM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.  Wink

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss.  Grin

Maybe we need, because when the most people knows bitcoin, they will shout it is scam, and after that they will shout hyip or ponzi. We need to offer more information to clarify this. Governments hate decentralization and deflation, especially Chinese government.

Yup it's true that chinese government hate decentralization and deflation but they cannot do anything to it because this currency is well encrypted and not even Satoshi can steal bitcoins if he want  Grin
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:20:52 PM

I don't see any point in rebranding bitcoins. Why would you even touch something that is really great already? Rebranding it would bring it back into the dark and will lose a part of its current patrons already. And if this happens, I think there would be more people staying with bitcoins and this rebranded bitcoins will probably be a hard fork here.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:49:55 PM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.  Wink

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss.  Grin
I think we are doing alright. Loads of governments have also come to know about bitcoins and the media negativity has also reduced a lot. I love the name and the symbol of it and wouldnt want that to be changed either. Every groundbreaking tech has received some flak in the beginning but once people find out how useful it can be, it gets accepted and that will be the case with bitcoins as well.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:05:51 PM

Bitcoin branding is simple and suits our needs perfectly. Why should we change something that works, and works quite well?

The other issue with changing "branding" is that mainstream media will pick up on it if we change, and start inventing things like "they changed name to conceal their criminal activity" Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is fine the way it is and markets itself quite well. Now it's up to people to understand this marketing however they want.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:20:59 PM

Why would we rebrand bitcoin?
It's finally known to a few millions of people, and the reportings in the media have turned from negative to neutral.
All that hard work that has been done till today to get bitcoin into peoples minds would be in vain.
Besides, rebranding something always creates doubts, and that is something bitcoin does not need.
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:55:09 PM

agree,
thankfully, that's happening. bitcoin still being developed, discussions like segwit vs BU will make sure to improve bitcoin with time.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:11:36 PM

agree,
thankfully, that's happening. bitcoin still being developed, discussions like segwit vs BU will make sure to improve bitcoin with time.
I am also always in support of new revolutionary changes. If re-barnding will bring new blood of enthusiasm but without losing what are being accepted as core concepts, why not we may go for it.

I remember similar topics which were discussed earlier but they were dealing only about the name of bitcoins (like naming bitcoins for example digital money or smart cash) but here OP mentioned about few other things too, which might need to be considered for a better future of entire bitcoin systems.

Also, some other people are suggesting about considering change of unit for bitcoins like switching into mBTC or satoshi. Why not we have that too a part of rebranding ?

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:40:55 PM

Bitcoin has never encountered issues before, only problem we have is the blocksize and the whole SegWit vs BU. I think rebranding should happen if bitcoin design is flawed in the beginning. "If ain't broke don't fix it". If rebranding should happened, then we need to re-design bitcoin as a whole and find that it’s inherently flawed, and then you alter the design to make it work better.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 03:28:08 AM

Bitcoin has never encountered issues before, only problem we have is the blocksize and the whole SegWit vs BU. I think rebranding should happen if bitcoin design is flawed in the beginning. "If ain't broke don't fix it". If rebranding should happened, then we need to re-design bitcoin as a whole and find that it’s inherently flawed, and then you alter the design to make it work better.

I don't think a hard fork in combination with rebranding would be a good idea. That would totally disorient newcomers entering Bitcoin, and I really don't think renaming Bitcoin would do any Justice either. So many services and hubs of people are tied directly to the word Bitcoin. This forum for example, localbitcoin, bitfinex, bitmixer, just to name the couple off the top of my head I can recall. So while redoing visually Bitcoin is fine by me, I still don't think renaming Bitcoin would be a smart decision.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1159

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:42:08 AM

I think "no", Bitcoin is a huge network and is very well known. And I believe the current operators afford to continue developing it. A new brand could cause many consequences, and this should not happen. we do not need to convert Bitcoin. And if you really need, segwit is the best choice at the moment. That is my opinion

I think Bitcoin is totally in good condition, rebranding is not that good as of now because actually bitcoin is totally growing and we can see it through its value, maybe time will come we will be populated as fiat money yet.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 07:53:49 AM

When it comes to even rebranding of a product in the corporate world, you dont just go for it because you feel like no, there are several factors responsible for that among which include getting to the end of its life cycle and to rejuvenate the interest the company goes for rebranding and even looking at it, bitcoin is not a product that reaches the end of its life cycle with a short period of time, no its a currency and currencies dont get to end their life cycle they just depreciate which in this case bitcoin is appreciating and by so reason, I dont see the need for such re-branding...

the UK pound is still the pound.. but even the pound tries to stay uptodate

Thats true. The banks do change the appearance of paper money and coins issued. On BTC what is needed to make it up to date? I assume you mean the miners should activate segwit to increase the transaction capacity per block. That's what I first thought when you posted the Bitcoin logo with the chain.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 08:24:19 AM

agree,
I am also always in support of new revolutionary changes. If re-barnding will bring new blood of enthusiasm but without losing what are being accepted as core concepts, why not we may go for it.

I remember similar topics which were discussed earlier but they were dealing only about the name of bitcoins (like naming bitcoins for example digital money or smart cash) but here OP mentioned about few other things too, which might need to be considered for a better future of entire bitcoin systems.

Also, some other people are suggesting about considering change of unit for bitcoins like switching into mBTC or satoshi. Why not we have that too a part of rebranding?

But what if Bitcoin starts going down the hill?

Should we then return to whole bitcoins from where we are going to be rebranded to? Regarding the whole issue raised in the OP, why would anyone want to rebrand something (e.g. company or product)? It is usually because the name doesn't quite fit the purpose it is used for. But Bitcoin is an apt name which hits the nail on the head. Another reason for rebranding may be the desire to get rid of the negative connotations that some product, service, or company may be associated with. Then again, Bitcoin is nowhere near that

requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:59:08 AM

Definitely not. if we rebrand bitcoin all the value of bitcoin and our love for bitcoin will get reduce because we love hearing bitcoin and we do love to use bitcoin and rebranding bitcoin will make it a strange. Becuse the name bitcoin sounds best in cryptocurrency.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 10:17:40 AM

Bitcoin is conveniently very well branded anyway!
Yes the name bitcoin is a very good name anyway and its quit standard to call it bit-coin sounds prity good. so I would oppose if bitcoin is rebranded. what to rebrand it its perfect.
Meliodasama

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 10:20:27 AM

i think no , but nowadays bitcoin take long confirmation
maybe rebrand in this case is way to bitcoin can be fast @ transaction
 Grin
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:12:11 PM

We don't need to rebrand bitcoin. We just need to make better improvements with it. If we do our best to improve the getting slower transaction and get more miners then there is no need for bitcoin to rebrand to a new one because that is very risky for us and that can cause for confusion to newbie investors who are just getting started, so for me it is best to just improve what we have now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: