Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:08:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins Everywhere? Not yet...  (Read 8321 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:11:23 PM

Most of the members consider bitcoin as major currency of future. Let us assume that it will be accomplished one day, but before that, I wonder which spheres of our everyday life will adapt bitcoin first?

Online shopping. None physical services like subscriptions to ISP for internet cellphones etc etc. Will then move on to ordering online pyhical items and it will just roll on from then. More and more places will start accepting it in fear of being left behind and they need btc customers too they would not turn down money in any form.

Problem a lot merchants are facing is that they aren't familiar with how things work here in the Bitcoin world. They just look at the volatility and completely lose all interest in having Bitcoin as payment option within their business. If they knew that services such as BitPay exist, then they would see that there is no need to be afraid of the volatility anymore. Being charged just 1% per transaction is peanuts compared to what Visa and MasterCard are charging. Definitely an added benefit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:57:18 PM

Most of the members consider bitcoin as major currency of future. Let us assume that it will be accomplished one day, but before that, I wonder which spheres of our everyday life will adapt bitcoin first?

Since online world is obviously the main line of bitcoin transactions then all online related things associated with our daily life will be the one who will get the most of it. It will include online shopping (which actually present now), online payments (e.g bills, fees, reloads etc), money transfers (local, foreign and everything about remittances) and many more.

After that I think electronical payment or e-payment will be the next one and that will include physical payments such as when you buy at groceries, payments at physical shop or merchants, mall shopping, restaurant or mini cafe etc, transportation etc.
The future of bitcoin is big as of now it's value is changing/increasing each day so there is a high possibility that bitcoin will be known by all . And if it happened that is the time that many business will be open to accept bitcoin in shopping,payments or even lending. For know we can do many transactioin in bitcoin such as buying loads and paying bills but i know that bitcoin has a greater future and a brighter upgrade.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 08:06:10 AM

Online shopping. None physical services like subscriptions to ISP for internet cellphones etc etc. Will then move on to ordering online pyhical items and it will just roll on from then. More and more places will start accepting it in fear of being left behind and they need btc customers too they would not turn down money in any form.

Problem a lot merchants are facing is that they aren't familiar with how things work here in the Bitcoin world. They just look at the volatility and completely lose all interest in having Bitcoin as payment option within their business. If they knew that services such as BitPay exist, then they would see that there is no need to be afraid of the volatility anymore. Being charged just 1% per transaction is peanuts compared to what Visa and MasterCard are charging. Definitely an added benefit

I don't really think that big online retailers like Amazon, Wal-Mart, iHerb, etc, are not familiar with these services. I guess their neglect of Bitcoin is primarily based on three points. First, they are too big while Bitcoin user base is, consequently, too small for them to bother about it. Second, the services you are talking about don't quite match their caliber either. They are mostly using Visa (and cronies) as well as PayPal as the payment processors for online purchases. And third (and this might be a decisive factor), there is no more or less established regulation of Bitcoin across different countries. I mean in some of them Bitcoin is effectively considered as an illegal means of payment, say, in China (though not outright prohibited), so it would give them a lot headache from the legal side of the matter

In short, Bitcoin is not yet quite on par with its bigger competitors (in respect to online businesses, at least)

ProtoAmorite21

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:54:55 AM

Bitcoin has so much potential that it could be applied to almost everything. I think before anything else bitcoin could be a good way of paying salaries of employees due to its underlying technologies. For instance, the smart contract offers a great deal of improvement for employees making sure that they receive their salaries sufficiently and on time.
requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:16:44 PM

no its not everywhere right now. may be after 5 more years we will have bitcoin bitcoin in everyone's mouth instead of dollar  or whatever we have and local newspaper will  have pe to display bitcoin's exchange rate like other currencies.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:26:53 PM

no its not everywhere right now. may be after 5 more years we will have bitcoin bitcoin in everyone's mouth instead of dollar  or whatever we have and local newspaper will  have pe to display bitcoin's exchange rate like other currencies.
It would take 5 years or more before the bitcoin will totally grow and be known by almost all people.
Little by little, day by day, more people get involved and become curious about bitcoin especially those interested in trading.
Hoping so that it would be displayed like other currency but the tendency for that is that the government might wanting to hold the bitcoin price.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:30:34 PM

In fact currently bitcoin is mostly use for online services while in few places may be use as fiat currency in local shops but not yet everywhere, because bitcoin service is only available where the users of bitcoin are more that other areas. Where the shopkeepers can understand that they can get some profit from bitcoin.
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:52:53 PM

The future already came true. Look at how this currency has evolve Bitcoin has already been adapt with our daily lives it is already supported in some online stores in the web.
You can use it to buy some personal necessities, use it as payment to your internet provider, pay bills, buy gadgets or buy game credits your call.
And this doesn't stop here, in the future well see some innovations in bitcoin but first it needs to solve its current problems first.
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:40:22 PM

For me, bitcoin is "almost" there in terms of usage and will be mass adopted slowly. There are still issues that need to be resolved however, like the block size, the transaction fees. With that said, if those issues mentioned are resolved price the prices of bitcoin stabled, I think bitcoin will be everywhere then.
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:05:27 PM

you're tired of having to convince people around you that Bitcoin and Blockchain are technologies that have come to help the human being in his odyssey on planet Earth, you should look for cities where the digital currency is most naturally seen . San Francisco, New York, and London are good examples of cities in which Bitcoin is beginning to be part of the everyday lives of many people. The Nomad List, a site that lists the best cities to live and work remotely using a series of metrics such as income, safety, air quality, and internet speed, listed cities that are more Bitcoin-friendly.
ennovy22

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:32:02 PM

Yes not yet. The world is still adjusting in technologies where some countries are still not allowing bitcoin in their country because of the fear of it may be the rival of their own currency. In cities it can be more popular because of developing technologies wherein people will always find new things about technology and on the internet. May 8n the near future some countries will completely adapted the bitcoin and make it as their currency (crypto currency).

________________EBCOIN________________        █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █    JOIN TOKEN SALE   >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers        ◢◢     Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market     ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                  TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                TELEGRAM                 ▬▬▬▬
aray80

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:49:16 AM

All online shops and online based companies with terms or payment of credit items via internet ...
Tatalk

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:17:02 AM

In the present era, Bitcoin, the fastest growing cryptocurrency, with its magic wand, converting millions of people into bitcoiner. Despite of the fact, bitcoin is not everywhere, it is still a internet money only, where you can sell or buy bitcoin, according to your profit but the increasing valuation of bitcoin, which is about $10k, signifies the very great scope for the bitcoin money, where people could do transactions for their daily life product with the bitcoin, and I could say with no wonder that I coming time, bitcoin would be used as money for having transactions.

wenjun123

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:51:16 AM

Firstly - online shopping, lotteries, food delivery and so on. Secondly, loans and credits (if you manage to stabilize volatility).

Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:59:50 AM

In the present era, Bitcoin, the fastest growing cryptocurrency, with its magic wand, converting millions of people into bitcoiner. Despite of the fact, bitcoin is not everywhere, it is still a internet money only, where you can sell or buy bitcoin, according to your profit but the increasing valuation of bitcoin, which is about $10k, signifies the very great scope for the bitcoin money, where people could do transactions for their daily life product with the bitcoin, and I could say with no wonder that I coming time, bitcoin would be used as money for having transactions.

Yes, I agree but the magic wand thing? Not. It has no power to end poverty by the way, Yeah it continue on increasing but it doesn't mean that bitcoin is like a magic wand. You can work with bitcoin anywhere but I dont think so if there is bitcoin everywhere. I guess it was just an internet money were you able to gain online not anywhere.
monika27

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:37:50 PM

I think  will only happen to pay for online !
In the real world, bitcoin don't as major currency, Imagine how cool it would be if you could pay on each transaction with Bitcoins,
But I believe many people will soon start receiving too
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:46:21 PM

yes bitcoin is not used everywhere in every transaction because it is not legalised in every country so the bitcoin is not used in every where
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:52:13 PM

I think payment a bitcoin for online shopping is near for reality, I think it is a big help for those who are addicted in online shoppers. This would be the next target of bitcoin or maybe using bitcoin in groceries or small stores.  Cheesy
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:52:23 AM

I think  will only happen to pay for online !
In the real world, bitcoin don't as major currency, Imagine how cool it would be if you could pay on each transaction with Bitcoins,
But I believe many people will soon start receiving too

Soon that will happen that whole world will switch to the bitcoin and this revolution has started in the first world countries, their citizens are making transactions online they are totally depending on bitcoin to pay each and every bill and soon whole world will be under the flag of bitcoin and for achieving such result everyone must play his role to tell people about this innovation and recommend them to use it for their sake.
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:04:55 AM

Well I think in every country of the world few people there might have known about bitcoin as a cryptocurrency. But it will take a couple of years for Bitcoin to be adopted and used by up 50 percent of people the world wide and be accepted all across the markets. Right now, I know that the products that you can buy with bitcoin is a bit limited.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: