Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:42:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 535 times)
digaran (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:57:43 PM

Dumb questions, please tolerate my ignorance:  Q: are the private keys stored in nodes hard drives/wallet files?
Q: can someone use any data from blockchain or nodes wallet files somehow to use the data in key collision attempts?
Q: last one, what happens if I remove the ticks for all kinds of files and folders in the index configuration of my windows machine and run Core wallet as well? does that in any way effects the performance of my Core wallet as to creating any issues for proper syncing?

🖤😏

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6587

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 10:52:15 PM
Merited by ABCbits (3)

Firstly, do not hijack someone else's thread with your own questions. I have moved your post into its own thread.

Dumb questions, please tolerate my ignorance:  Q: are the private keys stored in nodes hard drives/wallet files?
Not all nodes have wallets, and not all wallets are nodes. It doesn't matter where a wallet stores the private keys, it just needs to be able to access them somehow. Most desktop wallets store the private keys in wallet files locally on the hard drive.

Q: can someone use any data from blockchain or nodes wallet files somehow to use the data in key collision attempts?
This question doesn't make any sense.

Q: last one, what happens if I remove the ticks for all kinds of files and folders in the index configuration of my windows machine and run Core wallet as well? does that in any way effects the performance of my Core wallet as to creating any issues for proper syncing?
That indexing is for the file search service, nothing to do with operation of anything else on your computer.

AtomicProject

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Let's PUT IN!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 12:15:55 PM

Q: are the private keys stored in nodes hard drives/wallet files?

A: Your Private keys only stored in your wallet.dat file.

A: No, no one can use or sign any data in network, because network accepts those data which only verified by miners and miners only verified real transactions which is assign using a valid Private key.

A: no its not effect your wallet Syncing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: