Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:22:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Mining still profitable?  (Read 4378 times)
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:07:44 AM

As the subject, I would like to know if is it still profitable if we investigate on hardware to mine bitcoin at this moment. Thanks!
No , But it is possible that you can make some profit if you have Cheap electricity at your home and secondly you have cold cold climax  , because one of my friend already tried miner in ( in India ) but due to warm weather it got stopped to work .
So if you want to go for the miner you should check your recruitment and the atmosphere in which you live .
By the way , best of luck for your thinking to make money through mining .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:00:27 AM

not worth the investment unless you can go very  big, it's centralized as it get and not casual anymore

for example 1 single s9 net you less than 0.01 per day with 1.4kw/h of consumption, and the diff keep increase, which mean this amount is decreasing over time

we are already approaching the day where you need the whole resitendial power(usually here 3kw/h) to run a miner...

Just plug the numbers into a mining calculator, you'll find that unless you have ridiculous electricity rates, you can make profit. Electricity is 0.10 $/kWh where i live and I could easily turn a nice profit off 5-10 S9's. 

as i said in that post you need to invest big to make somethign significant, 10 s9 is $20k, not everyone has 20k ready to throw at crypto

and with 10 of them you are only generating 0.08 a day, minus electricity, it's not that much....

I plan on starting with four S9s which with a 10c power rate will net me about $700 per month after power costs. Factoring in the resale value of the miners, that's extremely profitable. In the real world of investing with stocks and real estate, you couldn't even dream of returns like those.

it's not about how much it net you, it's about roi , those thing will recover their initial investment? with the diff that keep increase? also isn't more wise to invest in x11 asic they consume 1/7 cost the same and earn you a bit more
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:18:42 AM

not worth the investment unless you can go very  big, it's centralized as it get and not casual anymore

for example 1 single s9 net you less than 0.01 per day with 1.4kw/h of consumption, and the diff keep increase, which mean this amount is decreasing over time

we are already approaching the day where you need the whole resitendial power(usually here 3kw/h) to run a miner...

Just plug the numbers into a mining calculator, you'll find that unless you have ridiculous electricity rates, you can make profit. Electricity is 0.10 $/kWh where i live and I could easily turn a nice profit off 5-10 S9's. 

as i said in that post you need to invest big to make somethign significant, 10 s9 is $20k, not everyone has 20k ready to throw at crypto

and with 10 of them you are only generating 0.08 a day, minus electricity, it's not that much....

I plan on starting with four S9s which with a 10c power rate will net me about $700 per month after power costs. Factoring in the resale value of the miners, that's extremely profitable. In the real world of investing with stocks and real estate, you couldn't even dream of returns like those.

it's not about how much it net you, it's about roi , those thing will recover their initial investment? with the diff that keep increase? also isn't more wise to invest in x11 asic they consume 1/7 cost the same and earn you a bit more

What is x11, scrypt? I haven't mined with graphics card in years, is it actually profitable again?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:22:54 AM

What is x11, scrypt? I haven't mined with graphics card in years, is it actually profitable again?

x11 is an algorithm that can be mined by another type of asic, there are now x11 asic, in the past there were scrypt asic, but you should know about these

i have one x11 asic now in my home, it costed me 1.8 btc, but it can generate 0.01 a day with only 200 watt, much better than any antminer
GMPoison

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:31:06 AM

x11 is an algorithm that can be mined by another type of asic, there are now x11 asic, in the past there were scrypt asic, but you should know about these

i have one x11 asic now in my home, it costed me 1.8 btc, but it can generate 0.01 a day with only 200 watt, much better than any antminer

There weren't even x11 asics a while ago, cool. Which one do you have?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:34:06 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2017, 08:27:02 AM by Amph

not worth the investment unless you can go very  big, it's centralized as it get and not casual anymore

yeah they are a new thing, from 2016 i think, dunno if there was one already in 2015 in production, i have the baikal a-900 giant

actually i hate asic, but this one isn't the same, because it can mine 6 different algorithm not like the ordinary asic that mine only 1
GMPoison

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:39:54 AM

yeah they are a new thing, from 2016 i think, dunno if there was one already in 2015 in production, i have the baikal a-900 giant

actually i hate asic, but this one isn't the same, because it can mine 6 different algorithm not like the ordinary asic that mien only 1

I just looked it up, that thing is a beast! Although it does save a lot of money on power, it's a very expensive machine, much more than the Antminer S9. When I run the numbers, the ROI of this machine and the ROI of the S9 are very similar, somewhere near ~200 days for each.
GMPoison

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:59:58 AM

not worth the investment unless you can go very  big, it's centralized as it get and not casual anymore

actually i hate asic, but this one isn't the same, because it can mine 6 different algorithm not like the ordinary asic that mien only 1

It looks like the Baikal X11 is far more profitable. 150 MH/s at 40w for only $299. That's very very profitable. Problem is I think they're either sold out everywhere or being resold for 2x their value.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:24:46 AM

they are not the same

antminer s9 consume a lot 1400watt, this one only 200watt, yeah it's pricy, but the antminer s9 cost at least $1500 right? not talking about second hand stuff of course

the s9 produce only 0.0089, this 0.011, currently roi is 6 months maximum, since there is nothing more powerful it should last 6 months at least, there are high chance to hit roi with these things
GMPoison

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:36:09 AM

they are not the same

antminer s9 consume a lot 1400watt, this one only 200watt, yeah it's pricy, but the antminer s9 cost at least $1500 right? not talking about second hand stuff of course

the s9 produce only 0.0089, this 0.011, currently roi is 6 months maximum, since there is nothing more powerful it should last 6 months at least, there are high chance to hit roi with these things

S9: http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=13500&p=1323&pc=0.10&pf=0.00&d=440779902286.58900000&r=12.50000000&er=1276.38000000&hc=1450
Baikal: http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dash-mining-calculator/?h=900&p=217&pc=0.10&pf=0.00&d=112476.14930000&r=1.94005104&er=0.03273265&btcer=1276.46000000&hc=2500

They both have about a 6-7 month roi time. The Baikal sees much more profit, but most of it is eaten up by it's much more expensive price tag, thus they have around the same roi time.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:45:46 AM

you can pay $1900 for one x11 asic, against $1450, $450 difference

still i prefer to consume only 200 watt than 1400, it will last longer with that consumption and it's better for those that don't have 0.1 cent like me
GMPoison

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:49:38 AM

still i prefer to consume only 200 watt than 1400, it will last longer with that consumption and it's better for those that don't have 0.1 cent like me

Where can you get a baikal a-900 giant for $1900? If you could get it for that cheap, it would blow the S9 out of the water.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 11:20:01 AM

Where can you get a baikal a-900 giant for $1900? If you could get it for that cheap, it would blow the S9 out of the water.

you need to be part of a group buy, i can actually buy one from them directly for that much, i just contacted them on skype, they are very polite and have a nice support, also their shippig is very fast, usually 3-5 days maximum
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:57:07 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2017, 09:08:15 AM by veleten

you need to be part of a group buy, i can actually buy one from them directly for that much, i just contacted them on skype, they are very polite and have a nice support, also their shippig is very fast, usually 3-5 days maximum

1900$ for baikal a-900 is awesome,wonder how much do they charge for shipping to europe
look at the dash prices now,if the trend continues one could achieve ROI in less than 4-5 months
besides, s9 can only mine bitcoins while baikal can mine a plethora of coins and consumes much less energy

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:35:01 AM

1900$ for baikal a-900 is awesome,wonder how much do they charge for shipping to europe
look at the dash prices now,if the trend continues one could achieve ROI in less than 4-5 months
besides, s9 can only mine bitcoins while baikal can mine a plethora of coins and consumes much less energy

they charged to me $97, which is too much because i had to pay for the customs an additional 50 euro, very annoying

i'm asking if for the next order they can write a value of 45 euro which is the one that can avoid the customs here
veleten
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:24:06 PM

they charged to me $97, which is too much because i had to pay for the customs an additional 50 euro, very annoying

i'm asking if for the next order they can write a value of 45 euro which is the one that can avoid the customs here

don't play with fire,the value is there for a reason:the customs could just "lose" your items and happily compensate you with the 45 euro listed value
I don't know what country you live in,but this happened to friends of mine alot (they have business with China and send-recieve different goods)
so make sure you know what are you doing and calculate the risks involved
sometimes it is better to pay extra than to be left cursing the corrupt customs

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:38:40 AM

The first ASIC for X11 was introduced close to a year ago on a 55nm process.
 The second was introduced 2-3 months later on a 40nm process, and was noticeably but not hugely more efficient.
 The third (Baikal) was introduced shortly thereafter on a 28nm process and is quite a bit more efficient - and also supports multiple algorythms (X11, X13, X15, Groesti, and I think 1 or 2 more).

I *believe* all 3 are still profitable if your electric cost is low enough, but you'd have to have FREE electric to make a profit at all from X11 mining on a GPU any more, and I'm not sure if anything BUT the Baikal has a reasonable chance at achieving ROI if you don't already own one.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:37:04 AM

don't play with fire,the value is there for a reason:the customs could just "lose" your items and happily compensate you with the 45 euro listed value
I don't know what country you live in,but this happened to friends of mine alot (they have business with China and send-recieve different goods)

to do this they need to know how much the thing is worth, i don't think thye have any clue about its real value, you can even put $20 and they would pass it

despite this it's all tracked with UPS, if the package stop at the customs they cannot simply say that it was lost....
veleten
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:33:16 AM

to do this they need to know how much the thing is worth, i don't think thye have any clue about its real value, you can even put $20 and they would pass it

despite this it's all tracked with UPS, if the package stop at the customs they cannot simply say that it was lost....

well,once again it depends on the country you live in
I know for sure that my friends had lots of headache and yes,the customs just lose it or say they have lost
and then they make you write a ton of documents and in the end you get the value of the parcel i.e. 45 euros in your case
maybe it is different at where you live,but be warned that this shit happens and happens too often

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:40:02 AM

Asking a company to do something illegal to save you a few bucks is probably not the best way to go. Recommending people do illegal things on the forum is not smart either.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: