Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 in a million (updated for 2018-6)  (Read 6375 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:49:13 AM

-snip-
That's why people get involved in alts. You can be a lot bigger than one in a million for a lot less.   

Although the alt scene is getting saturated. At the current rate of production I project we should reach 1 million different alt coin projects by 2023 (or 2019 if you include waves tokens  Cheesy)

no, not for that, people jump on the various altcoin, just to gain more bitcoin, no one really care about them, you don't see people running around claiming that they will use one of those coins in the future

actually that is a good point and i think it is somewhat true too.
many people have this false way of thinking that since bitcoin went from 0 to a thousand, then an altcoin can to the same too. so they jump in and invest their money in the hopes of making a thousand dollar profit on each coin they buy.
i have to admit that in the early days i also thought like this. there are many interesting projects out there and they get hyped up enough to make you think all kinds of crazy things, but behind the curtains they are all for short term pump and dump and profit.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:44:56 AM

-snip-
That's why people get involved in alts. You can be a lot bigger than one in a million for a lot less.  

Although the alt scene is getting saturated. At the current rate of production I project we should reach 1 million different alt coin projects by 2023 (or 2019 if you include waves tokens  Cheesy)

no, not for that, people jump on the various altcoin, just to gain more bitcoin, no one really care about them, you don't see people running around claiming that they will use one of those coins in the future

many people have this false way of thinking that since bitcoin went from 0 to a thousand, then an altcoin can to the same too. so they jump in and invest their money in the hopes of making a thousand dollar profit on each coin they buy.
i have to admit that in the early days i also thought like this. there are many interesting projects out there and they get hyped up enough to make you think all kinds of crazy things, but behind the curtains they are all for short term pump and dump and profit.

Well, it's one reason. Of course, most of it is ultimately profit driven. Most money in bitcoin is speculative as well anyway. The majority of a alt coins are scams but to say every alt coin project is a scam is to put your head in the sand.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:57:19 AM

-snip-

Although the alt scene is getting saturated. At the current rate of production I project we should reach 1 million different alt coin projects by 2023 (or 2019 if you include waves tokens  Cheesy)

Well, it's one reason. Of course, most of it is ultimately profit driven. Most money in bitcoin is speculative as well anyway. The majority of a alt coins are scams but to say every alt coin project is a scam is to put your head in the sand.
How can you say that every alt coins are scams? Then how can you explain what is happening on the market like poloniex and bittrex, if all alt coins are scam then they will not get a lot of money for their volumes and they will not continue to waste their time in improving their alt coins because i believe that few of the alt coins are the next bitcoin in the future.
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:05:03 AM

-snip-

How can you say that every alt coins are scams? Then how can you explain what is happening on the market like poloniex and bittrex, if all alt coins are scam then they will not get a lot of money for their volumes and they will not continue to waste their time in improving their alt coins because i believe that few of the alt coins are the next bitcoin in the future.

No, that's totally a false thought, the altcoins are not a fraudulent coin, they have their own foundation and power. That is why the market is constantly operating, and the altcoins are popular, they trade and exchange it continuously. Most of the current altcoins show its strength when it continuously increases over its original value.
staff_1307

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:37:43 PM

21 Bitcoin is very much, so it's prestigious to be alone for a million.
duckydonald

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:47:16 PM

21 Bitcoin is very much, so it's prestigious to be alone for a million.

Yeah its too high amount to hold and may be not possible for majority of users to have that amount to hold in their wallets by simply earning them as its never easy to earn bitcoins and it requires hard work and great level of efforts so very few people would be having that amount in their wallet for sure.
optigon

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 08:59:15 PM

Its a dream of every bitcoin user to be one in a million by holding 21 btc in his wallet but its really very hard to achieve that milestone especially if you are earning them and don't have any capital to invest in buying them.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1322

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:45:15 AM

I wish i started mining and bying bitcoins back in 2010 like the early adopters.
I was pretty stupid at that time. Angry
I don`t know what`s the point of this "research"?Do you have 21 btc?
I will never have 21 bitcoins.
This post is very useful, it allows to us to see a comparison on the average price as time has passed, in this year alone the amount of money needed to buy those coins has doubled if bitcoin keeps going in this direction it will not be long before it takes an amount of money that is out of the reach of most people in the world.

the only thing that the post you quoted shows, is that certain group of people will always remain where they are and never advance in their lives because they will always remain scared in the present and regret the past.
and unless they stop this behavior you will see them in the future saying the same thing about today: "i wish i did ... back then"
I made a mistake I was not referring to the post I was quoting but the post of the OP, so instead of ‘This post is very useful’ I should have posted ‘the post of the OP is very useful’ sorry for the confusion.
andrew24p

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:21:55 AM

My mom thinks im 1 in a million and thats all that matters. Having bitcoin is a nice addition to that and hopefully one day I will be one in a million in bitcoinland

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:28:32 AM

I wish i started mining and bying bitcoins back in 2010 like the early adopters.
I was pretty stupid at that time. Angry
I don`t know what`s the point of this "research"?Do you have 21 btc?
I will never have 21 bitcoins.
This post is very useful, it allows to us to see a comparison on the average price as time has passed, in this year alone the amount of money needed to buy those coins has doubled if bitcoin keeps going in this direction it will not be long before it takes an amount of money that is out of the reach of most people in the world.

the only thing that the post you quoted shows, is that certain group of people will always remain where they are and never advance in their lives because they will always remain scared in the present and regret the past.
and unless they stop this behavior you will see them in the future saying the same thing about today: "i wish i did ... back then"

Yeah, this is true for so many things. Cryptocurrencies are an interesting example because after the sell off a few years ago many people abandoned the idea altogether as a failure. And now bitcoin is at an ATH and now we see alt market caps that surpass the ones from a few years ago.

The other thing to remember is that getting bitcoins early was only half the battle. Then you'd have to assume you'd navigate the minefield of scams, hackers, taxes, and exchange implosions while retaining most of your bitcoins before retiring in Tahiti.
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 06:42:10 AM

gee, time flies fast.
i still remember when btc was new., and i tried to mine using my gpu and it wook like 1 day to download whole blockchain , i even downloaded btc blockchain using torrent, to speed up the bitcoin miner app start quickly.
people made millions.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:47:22 AM

My mom thinks im 1 in a million and thats all that matters. Having bitcoin is a nice addition to that and hopefully one day I will be one in a million in bitcoinland
You can be and we can be, all of us can be a one in a million. If we are working hard and still working our ass off every day and night to just gain bitcoin or money then our dream will become true because the only thing to reach our dreams is just to keep working hard and having a great perseverance and consistency and the results will just follow after you work hard.
pecson134

Activity: 630

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:26:27 AM

being one in a million is one of those interesting topics in bitcoin if you ask me. we all know that there will only be 21 million maximum bitcoins available (ignoring the number of coins lost).

so if you have 21 bitcoins you can be one in a million.

now we all know there are 7.5 billion people in the whole world and there is a very limited supply of bitcoin available.

The following is the cost of being 1 in a million throughout the past years.
* bubbles are ignored and price is average

Year|21BTC cost
2008-2010|Practically free!
2010|$3.7
2011|$84
2012|$188
2013|$2,200
2014|$9,030
2015|$5,670
2016|$12,117
2017|$21,210 Today's price

when you look at things like that, they seem pretty ridiculous that once you could be 1 in a million with only 3 bucks but today you have to pay 21 grand to be 1 in a million

That tremendous increase of bitcoin from 2008 to up to present shows that bitcoins it self may still increase overtime. Those who were mining on the first years of bitcoins were just lucky enough that the price of bitcoin they save gain a large number which they really deserve because of their effort. how I wish I started bitcoins earlier so I can also earn a lot.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 11:11:04 AM

being one in a million is one of those interesting topics in bitcoin if you ask me. we all know that there will only be 21 million maximum bitcoins available (ignoring the number of coins lost).

so if you have 21 bitcoins you can be one in a million.

now we all know there are 7.5 billion people in the whole world and there is a very limited supply of bitcoin available.

The following is the cost of being 1 in a million throughout the past years.
* bubbles are ignored and price is average

Year|21BTC cost
2008-2010|Practically free!
2010|$3.7
2011|$84
2012|$188
2013|$2,200
2014|$9,030
2015|$5,670
2016|$12,117
2017|$21,210 Today's price

when you look at things like that, they seem pretty ridiculous that once you could be 1 in a million with only 3 bucks but today you have to pay 21 grand to be 1 in a million
it will be hard now to become one of those who hold 21 bitcoin
it only possible if you will inviest or your an early adopter when the price is low

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Dorky

Activity: 392

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:13:52 PM

I wouldn't mine nor invest in bitcoin even if i get to travel back to the past (with memory loss), because at that time bitcoin was simply worthless and useless except to buy some cheap unbranded dried meat called bitjerky made by a joe six-pack.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1018

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:26:49 PM

I wouldn't mine nor invest in bitcoin even if i get to travel back to the past (with memory loss), because at that time bitcoin was simply worthless and useless except to buy some cheap unbranded dried meat called bitjerky made by a joe six-pack.
I would say the same thing too into myself when theres a chance i would go back to the past i wouldnt still sure if i would mine or invest bitcoin if i knew it when it was just starting and same as yours i would rather prioritize food rather than on bitcoin but sadly things comes out on opposite way which would really make us regret on the end on not jumping on the boat on earliest days.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:17:02 PM

It is a crazy thought, if you can travel time, you should store it and use it for the future, because then the bitcoin carries a very low value, it is even equal to 1/6 present value. If you store bitcoin in the past, you will become an extremely wealthy at the present time. However, it is only wishes that never happen.

A very crazy thought that @Dorky have there, time travel with memory loss? what is the sense of travelling back to the time when bitcoin is completely worthless if you have memory loss? it is very ironic that you are going to travel through time and you are going to have memory loss, such a waste of time, lol. Because the reason why we are going to do time travel (if possible) is to earn bitcoin, and save it and go back to the present to be a wealthy man in an instant.

But, if this time travel is going to be a real one, I am sure that we need to spend a huge amount of money to make this come true, it would be a big risk but it is going to worth it if it is going to be successful.
xskl0

Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:37:38 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 02:07:31 PM by xskl0

This post should be updated.

Price of 21 BTC today :  27000$

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:10:54 PM

It is a crazy thought, if you can travel time, you should store it and use it for the future, because then the bitcoin carries a very low value, it is even equal to 1/6 present value. If you store bitcoin in the past, you will become an extremely wealthy at the present time. However, it is only wishes that never happen.
doaremon

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 02:21:06 PM

This is really interesting! I never thinkike this. Those who started mining and buying earlier, is so lucky. But the thing is I can never own 21 btc.  Cry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: