Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 10:31:00 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How solo mine?  (Read 2399 times)
Flegy33

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:52:35 PM

Hello,

I buyed 3 s9 antminers and setup everything in 4RU case but now I stuck how make s9 to solo mining? Do I need create pool on my other server and change in settigs of s9 to connect my pool. Maybe exist tutorial what can help me, because didnt able to find anything. My normal server is windows.

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
VRobb

Activity: 714

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:18:42 PM

If I were to solo mine I'd do it at solo ckpool, support thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck
In Hotels, I prefer the 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), & S9-13.5
unholycactus

Activity: 980

https://reg-charity.org/

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 05:04:05 PM

Mining on your own requires a full Bitcoin node and some setup.
The simplest solution would be to connect to a solo pool like VRobb mentionned. I also recommend ckpool.
However if you are using a solo pool, some of the block reward (0.5%) will go to the pool instead of you and that's if you're lucky enough to find one by yourself.

Flegy33

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 05:14:55 PM

Thanks for reply. If I understand correct after I connect miners to ckpool it will take no fee from earning only if chain block is find will take 0.5% of block reward?
unholycactus

Activity: 980

https://reg-charity.org/

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 09:46:29 PM

Thanks for reply. If I understand correct after I connect miners to ckpool it will take no fee from earning only if chain block is find will take 0.5% of block reward?

Yes this is correct. There's no way ckpool would be able to get coins from you unless you find a block since all you give them is a public address.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2366

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 10:46:44 PM

Correction: 1% fee if you find a block.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Flegy33

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:31:49 PM

It is more easyer than I thinked. Will setup on that way miners. Last questions, what is chance to find block with 3x s9? How much btc is solved chain now, as I know beffore was 25btc but now?
traderethereum

Activity: 602

DIMPAY: Invest for Tomorrow. Today.

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:41:50 PM

Hello,

I buyed 3 s9 antminers and setup everything in 4RU case but now I stuck how make s9 to solo mining? Do I need create pool on my other server and change in settigs of s9 to connect my pool. Maybe exist tutorial what can help me, because didnt able to find anything. My normal server is windows.

Thanks in advance

i think you don't have to create your own pool, you can connect with the existing pool, i think if you connected your 3 of s9 with that pool, its more easier than you create own pool but you should thinking about the fee from the pool.

VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:21:25 AM

It is more easyer than I thinked. Will setup on that way miners. Last questions, what is chance to find block with 3x s9? How much btc is solved chain now, as I know beffore was 25btc but now?
Block reward is 12.5, and 3 S9's would be expected to solve a block in 18-20 months with no increase in difficulty, which won't happen since difficulty is almost assuredly still heading up for quite a while yet.
IMO you'd be better served pointing your miners to a pplns type of pool.  I prefer kano.is, but there are others out there that don't mine empty blocks and do pass the txn fees to the miners (not all do...).
Just my 0.02BTC

These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), & S9-13.5
Flegy33

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 01:40:19 AM

Thanks for reply.
Flegy33

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:09:41 PM

One more question, have in plan order 3 more s9 but plan is this time use antminerdistribution.com to dont pay vat as company and tax, did anyone buyed from web? No scam? Find topic about that web but not on Eng lang.
Flegy33

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 01:31:06 PM

Bump on last reply  Roll Eyes
VRobb

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:10:41 PM

Since no one has heard of or is giving any positive feedback for this site, I'd be extremely wary...

If you can handle the increased pricing, S9's are currently for sale direct from bitmain right now.

Flegy33

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 10:21:55 PM

Yes true, cannot find feedback on internet. Like no one didnt buy from tham. Only reason to buy is no vat and no 25% tax duty, so its big save of money.
tbonetony

Activity: 457

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:10:09 PM

Good luck with 3 S9's.

The gentleman who purchased my R4 last week found one block Tongue Tongue Tongue

Unfortunately he was mining in a pool lol

K&T Crypto Hosting, hosting as low as $45/kW per month ($0.06/kWh): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1794057.0

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
leowonderful

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:41:21 PM

Good luck with 3 S9's.

The gentleman who purchased my R4 last week found one block Tongue Tongue Tongue

Such is life Smiley then again, you can mine for eternity and not find a block, but you can mine in a pool and hit several blocks. Just gotta stick with your plan and you'll make money, all luck in the end.

Hi There!

This is my first forum post. I'm interested about solo mining.Can you help me
to set-up mine? I really appreciate is someone here reply my post.Thank you!
If you don't even have an ASIC that hashes at 10TH/S or higher then you'll be unlikely to find a block. Instructions should be in the sections of this thread, however solo ckpool is just like that, albeit with a tiny fee that really doesn't amount to much.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Flegy33

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:17:43 AM

Good luck with 3 S9's.

Thanks, going good but still not find block. Want order 3 more s9 so with 6 will have more chance, but I am scary order from antminerdistribution.com but looks as still no one didnt order from that store... from bitmain I pay vat and tax duty so it cost me 1600€ for that price can almost buy 1 s9 😀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.