Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfloor Shutting Down?  (Read 28005 times)
joesmoe2012 (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 09:27:20 PM

This is a message I got from bitfloor today...Also there's a notice on there site now that things will suspend at 6PM EST.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the BitFloor USD bank account will be closed. As a result, BitFloor will be unable to continue operations until this matter is resolved.

In order to facilitate an orderly return of your funds, I ask that you cancel all of your open orders, stop any and all deposits into BitFloor and withdraw the BTC you have which are not on hold.

This email is being sent to groups of account holders to avoid a widespread panic and affect market conditions.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to respond back via email for further followup.

I appreciate your understanding in this challenging period for BitFloor.

~Roman
founder - bitfloor.com

----

I received this early this morning, but per Roman's requests to help avoid widespread panic that could effect market conditions, I waited until now to post it. I think its only fair that a few hours before they suspend trading and potentially shut down, it should be more publicly known.

This was one of my favorite exchanges, Roman it'll be sad to see ya go.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:45:35 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 10:03:14 PM by Stephen Gornick

Related threads:

bitfloor issues?
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179135.0

bitfloor needs your help!
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105818.msg1868333#msg1868333

Bitflloor: " Trading will be suspended at 6 PM EST on 2013.04.17."
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179168.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

well, that would have been nice to know a few hours ago - you know, immediately BEFORE I just sent in a new deposit.

Looks like I'll be funding the takedown.

Bastards.  How hard would it have been to disable deposits? I mean, really?

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:17:59 PM

Seems very crooked to me to tell some people but no all "to avoid panic".
That sounds like BS.   Given the other "theft" because it "never occurred to us that someone might hack us and that we should take precautions with others' monies", and now a secret message to some that everything will freeze but NOT to everyone and still accepting deposits can anyone tell me how I should see this as not more bitcoin scammers?
Or, is the argument that these are just more incompetent business people like Josh and Sonny and we should not pass judgement because they have no idea what they are doing?

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:32:23 PM

Related threads:

bitfloor issues?
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179135.0

bitfloor needs your help!
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105818.msg1868333#msg1868333

Bitflloor: " Trading will be suspended at 6 PM EST on 2013.04.17."
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179168.0

Permanently, apparently:

Bitfloor trading suspended
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179198.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:39:04 PM

Permanently, apparently:

Bitfloor trading suspended
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179198.0

You're getting a bit over the top.

Nobody at bitfloor has said permanently.  The thread you link to doesn't say that.

bitfloor says: "All trading is currently suspended."

You're not helping...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:41:52 PM

Actually,

I am sorry to announce that due to circumstances outside of our control BitFloor must cease all trading operations indefinitely. Unfortunately, our US bank account is scheduled to be closed and we can no longer provide the same level of USD deposits and withdrawals as we have in the past. As such, I have made the decision to halt operations and return all funds.

Over the next days we will be working with all clients to ensure that everyone receives their funds. Please be patient as we process your request.

- Roman

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
BTC Books

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:46:20 PM

Actually,

I am sorry to announce that due to circumstances outside of our control BitFloor must cease all trading operations indefinitely. Unfortunately, our US bank account is scheduled to be closed and we can no longer provide the same level of USD deposits and withdrawals as we have in the past. As such, I have made the decision to halt operations and return all funds.

Over the next days we will be working with all clients to ensure that everyone receives their funds. Please be patient as we process your request.

- Roman

And?

Indefinitely is not permanently.  Why don't we wait for further expansion of what's happening, from the horses mouth?  bitfloor's history in times of trouble is very good - better than most.

And even Tradehill arose from the ashes.

blueberry

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:08:14 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 09:23:15 AM by blueberry

well, that would have been nice to know a few hours ago - you know, immediately BEFORE I just sent in a new deposit.

Bastards.  How hard would it have been to disable deposits? I mean, really?

Edited
CalicoChris

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:08:48 PM

I hope Bitfloor works their way through this.  I had about 4 trades problem free with them.  There is some USD there that was waiting for a buy opportunity but I am quite sure we will get that back.    

ACH (direct deposit)

ACH withdraw is free and takes about 1-3 business days before the funds are available in your bank account. Before you can withdraw funds via ACH you must fill out the form below with the required information. A member of our support staff will review your request and respond once ACH is setup.

Just follow the procedure.  They must have thought it through and damn their fiat bank that stopped supporting them.  
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:15:58 PM

And it's gone...

wow that was fast.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BTC Books

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:22:37 PM

And it's gone...

wow that was fast.

Roman is an honorable fellow.  Reminds me of Jared Kenna.

Slowly but surely the real bitcoin 'web of trust' is making itself clear.  I'll go with anything Roman starts in the future.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:23:33 PM

And it's gone...

wow that was fast.

Roman is an honorable fellow.  Reminds me of Jared Kenna.

Slowly but surely the real bitcoin 'web of trust' is making itself clear.  I'll go with anything Roman starts in the future.

I'm not saying the owner/operator is untrustworthy. Basing your exchange in the US will net you bullshit like this.

Seen this movie before.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

CalicoChris

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:24:56 PM

What would be a good replacement for bitfloor.  I used them because it was easy, a simple bank transfer and the funds were there within hours.  Placed my trades at my price and they fulfilled.  Quick withdrawal of bitcoin to a local and cold wallet.  As open and transparent as possible when problems showed up.  So now, I don't wanna touch MtGox on account of not wanting to hurt myself and I'm not a big trader.  10 bitcoin is my limit at any one time.  

I hate bitcoin and the compulsion to have it.  Which exchange please?  As simple and reliable as Bitfloor given that the landscape is mad unsettled?  
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:34:32 PM

The bastards aren't bitfloor. <also some other stuff>

Well, the context being that they knew this was happening in advance, and made no effort to stop me from making a deposit anyway, and I wasn't notified anywhere else either. So, yeah, they're bastards for that. As a credit to them now, the deposit page is not linked any more from the site menu, although the page still exists and old links to the page will still allow you to generate a deposit amount as if nothing were wrong... but all that could have been done much earlier in the day.

Assuming what they say is true, then I do feel bad that their baby is being killed in front of their eyes, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset that my money is in limbo. I do feel *slightly* better that there's a promised path for return of my deposit, (have to get ACH "verified" first) but I'll believe it when I see it.

Everything else you said about the vast global conspiracy nonsense is non-sequitur.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
BTC Books

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:35:42 PM

Seen this movie before.

Hey smoothie?

Yeah, I've seen this movie too - and I'm not talking about just in the bitcoin world.

Why hasn't somebody bought a bank yet, somewhere where there's easy-to-bribe officials and nice weather?

All this bullshit about P2P exchanges, Ripple, and all the rest is just that:  bullshit.

We need a bank...

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:38:20 PM

Seen this movie before.

Hey smoothie?
Yeah, I've seen this movie too - and I'm not talking about just in the bitcoin world.
Why hasn't somebody bought a bank yet, somewhere where there's easy-to-bribe officials and nice weather?
All this bullshit about P2P exchanges, Ripple, and all the rest is just that:  bullshit.
We need a bank...

you understand what happens when a "rouge" bank in a protected country refuses to abide by AML rules?  They are blackballed and no other bank allows their depositors to send or receive from that bank. 

BTC Books

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:44:30 PM

Seen this movie before.

Hey smoothie?
We need a bank...

you understand what happens when a "rouge" bank in a protected country refuses to abide by AML rules?  They are blackballed and no other bank allows their depositors to send or receive from that bank. 

I wonder (and yes, I'm aware of that)...

There are more-or-less attached but distant countries that might work around that.  Venezuela comes to mind.

And if there were a Bank of Bitcoin that could only deal with its own customers, that would still be something.  Dunno.  Just a thought.

blueberry

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:59:15 PM

The bastards aren't bitfloor. <also some other stuff>

Well, the context being that they knew this was happening in advance, and made no effort to stop me from making a deposit anyway, and I wasn't notified anywhere else either. So, yeah, they're bastards for that. As a credit to them now, the deposit page is not linked any more from the site menu, although the page still exists and old links to the page will still allow you to generate a deposit amount as if nothing were wrong... but all that could have been done much earlier in the day.

Assuming what they say is true, then I do feel bad that their baby is being killed in front of their eyes, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset that my money is in limbo. I do feel *slightly* better that there's a promised path for return of my deposit, (have to get ACH "verified" first) but I'll believe it when I see it.

Everything else you said about the vast global conspiracy nonsense is non-sequitur.

I'd be surprised if the closure of Bitcoin24's and Bitfloor's bank accounts within a week of each other was just a coincidence.
TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:10:45 AM

I'd be surprised if the closure of Bitcoin24's and Bitfloor's bank accounts within a week of each other was just a coincidence.

Two is rather a small number of incidents to generalize from. If Bitfloor's account was generating an inordinate number of suspicious cash transactions reports I am not surprised the bank decided they didn't want their business.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: