Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What setup should i get when i don't have to pay electricty?  (Read 873 times)
MrN4body (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 10:13:19 PM

Hello guys, im currently in a lucky situation where i don't have to pay for electricty for the next 2 years renting my apparment and i have a question, what would be the best setup i could get for 500€? The most importand thing here would be that it shouldnt make too much noise #Edit, it doesent have to be bitcoints, can be anything that gives me a fair amout of coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:56:00 AM

Hello guys, im currently in a lucky situation where i don't have to pay for electricty for the next 2 years renting my apparment and i have a question, what would be the best setup i could get for 500€? The most importand thing here would be that it shouldnt make too much noise #Edit, it doesent have to be bitcoints, can be anything that gives me a fair amout of coins
Well, your best bet with such a low budget is to get RX 470s, a cheap C2D or AMD CPU and mobo with some mining OS or pirated version of windows and RAM. Expect lots of heat if you're going to run miners- some setups may seem to be pretty harmless but they're pretty much space heaters in terms of power consumption. They will make a lot of noise depending on what make and build and fan speed you're using, but in this world of Bitcoin and alt coins that's pretty much unavoidable.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:02:51 AM

Well, your best bet with such a low budget is to get RX 470s, a cheap C2D or AMD CPU and mobo with some mining OS or pirated version of windows and RAM. Expect lots of heat if you're going to run miners- some setups may seem to be pretty harmless but they're pretty much space heaters in terms of power consumption. They will make a lot of noise depending on what make and build and fan speed you're using, but in this world of Bitcoin and alt coins that's pretty much unavoidable.

I would agree with RX470s.

Pirated software, really?  As if 1/2 of the people on this board don't work in IT/software and expect to get paid for their work.  You could buy valid OEM Windows 10 keys off eBay for under $20 easily.

Water cooling would reduce noise but would eat into your budget. Ultimately the limiting factor would be how much heat could that room tolerate.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:06:32 AM

Pirated software, really?  As if 1/2 of the people on this board don't work in IT/software and expect to get paid for their work.  You could buy valid OEM Windows 10 keys off eBay for under $20 easily.

Water cooling would reduce noise but would eat into your budget. Ultimately the limiting factor would be how much heat could that room tolerate.
Sure, but some people don't want to pay for cd keys and I know plenty of people willing to sacrifice that for a cheaper build. Linux if you like, if it boots off of USB it works. Ultimately at the end of the day it's up to you if you want that little 'activate windows' at the bottom of your screen or not. If you really wanted to you can get windows keys for as little as five bucks.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 01:29:12 AM

Pirated software, really?  As if 1/2 of the people on this board don't work in IT/software and expect to get paid for their work.  You could buy valid OEM Windows 10 keys off eBay for under $20 easily.

Sure, but some people don't want to pay for cd keys and I know plenty of people willing to sacrifice that for a cheaper build. Linux if you like, if it boots off of USB it works. Ultimately at the end of the day it's up to you if you want that little 'activate windows' at the bottom of your screen or not. If you really wanted to you can get windows keys for as little as five bucks.

I doubt people want to change their background or even play with all those things that are blocked using inactivated version of Windows.
Those heavily discounted keys aren't exactly much better than just pirating the OS. They have restriction on their use (although Windows doesn't enforce it).
OP doesn't seem to care about it and this whole discussion is slightly off topic.

@OP Miners make a lot of noise nowadays, it'll be hard to find something that fits you, you can always tweak/upgrade the fans on an Antminer S5/S7 for instance.
MrN4body (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 06:36:43 AM

Thanks for the answers, are there any complete setups that i can buy? so i don't have to buy every component my self, also, let's say im not home for 2 weeks , will the cards continue to farm coints or do i have to check them everyday and tweak some things? thanks for the replys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: