Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:22:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vector rendering mining  (Read 2688 times)
LudwigDG (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:48:51 AM

Hi I was a graphic art creator.

I want to use the bitcoin network computer power to render file's (rendering frames for a movie)

I had classes where I had to create movies in cinema4d and the end result was a vector file of 8MB to start, 5hour rendering with my supper computer and the end result 1min  of movie and an avi file of 1GB.

What I want to say is like my teacher makes publicity video's and sometimes he needs to let their PC work for 3 weeks - 3 months to calculate the end result.

And I thought the bitcoin network is stronger and can help with this.

How will it work:

- You join a mine
- That mine gives you the order to render frame 1 an other computer frame 2,...
- you store it on your hard drive of all your frames (1, 93, 128, 222,...)
Then when the network is done calculating then you all send it to the server starting from frame 1 then 2
- at the time of the uploading you can mine a bit more.

The one who want his files rendered will buy bitcoins at the market and then give it to the mine and that way to the miners...

Advantages:

- New ways to mine for bitcoins
- The new people to this project will benefit most, cause the big mining installations will have a to slow internet speed compared to their mining rigs power to upload the frame's

I also believe that cinema4d support the rendering by multiple computers or something?

Do you understand it, any questions, idea's?

But anyway I'm to stupid to be capable of setting this up. That's way I give my idea away to the bitcoin network.
When there is a mine, company created that work like this then I want the have a share in it. (20% or something)

Donations: 1AjxUW1zeCn7vjYNthrxRrQg8znN6cFE1H

Also say it when you have donated cause I want to know if it works having multiple addresses, but not having this one currently selected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:51:12 AM

The bitcoin network is supposedly a 'super computer' yes, but isn't it already busy computing things?

It's not the word's fastest idle super computer.

LudwigDG (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:56:04 AM

Well it isn't going to be the entire network power, cause that will be to difficult to organise. However 30 PC helping someone rendering for bitcoins is  good enough, It definitely better then weating 3 weeks or to go to big company's who ask a lot of money to do it.

Edit: They also make the difficulty higher to make sure that It can still be bizy but now you can still mine. It is also for the end game of this network. We need more money for bitcoins comming in and money that want to use the networks power is good.

We might even start a company that renders files with bitcoin. Just to let the graphic art people also see some benefits in this.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:49:30 AM

You might wanna look into Renderfarm.fi Wink

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:47:28 AM

Or at the underlying technology: http://burp.renderfarming.net/

I would gladly render anything for you (my PC has 16 GB of RAM, which might make things there a bit easier as well - many bitcoin nodes just have 1 GB and weak CPUs) for a price per hour that is slightly higher than I would get for mining bitcoins (atm. 300 MH/s give me in theory 0.02216035 BTC, so I would charge a straight 0.025BTC/hour).

Cinema 4d licenses are expensive though, maybe take a look at free rendering engines like luxrender.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 01:28:57 PM

I want to use the bitcoin network computer power to render file's (rendering frames for a movie)

I had classes where I had to create movies in cinema4d and the end result was a vector file of 8MB to start, 5hour rendering with my supper computer and the end result 1min  of movie and an avi file of 1GB.

What I want to say is like my teacher makes publicity video's and sometimes he needs to let their PC work for 3 weeks - 3 months to calculate the end result.

And it comes full circle. All the whiners about speculation and hoarding are going to eat crow in about two months. The work market is about to light up and from there we face legal and DDoS battles, but nothing more. But the philosophical debates will die down. We are nearing the station. All aboard!

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:05:05 PM

both projects had nice community and warmly welcomed goals, but:
both was boinc-based and thus miles away from using GPGPU backends/renders.
not even touch commonly-adopted GRID engines.
and/or really-ready for something scalable.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:13:50 PM

Uhm, the BOINC client and infrastructure should be GPGPU ready too for some time now, right? Huh

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:19:49 PM

You can't use the bitcoin mining network for this. It only does hashing.

However, a system where people are paid BTC for lending their GPU computing power to render frames could work.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Basiley

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:54:37 PM

Uhm, the BOINC client and infrastructure should be GPGPU ready too for some time now, right? Huh
to put it plain/straight - forget about BOINC.
nothing/nobody is "should" be one way or another, so if someone/something prefered be too lazy/fat/deprecated/outdated, its okay and only private business.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:16:28 PM

So, do you know of another infrastructure that is open enough to allow for Bitcoin miners as well as other user applications (like renderers, number crunchers, hash crackers...)?

As I want to start in some time a more simple approach to mining, BOINC would have been a nice way to do this - if however there is a better "successor"/competitior, I'm not aware of, I'm all ears!

LudwigDG (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:27:59 PM

And it comes full circle. All the whiners about speculation and hoarding are going to eat crow in about two months. The work market is about to light up and from there we face legal and DDoS battles, but nothing more. But the philosophical debates will die down. We are nearing the station. All aboard!

Hi, I don't fully understand what you are trying to say here :s
Are you saying that bitcoin will at the end be backed by computer power? So people buy bitcoins, CPU/GPU power and then will use it to do intensive work for personnel use of someone ells?

I don't know if I should like what you said or not. But you said it very well, but I'm not philosophical enough to know if I fully understand.
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:21:28 PM

Hi, I don't fully understand what you are trying to say here :s
Are you saying that bitcoin will at the end be backed by computer power? So people buy bitcoins, CPU/GPU power and then will use it to do intensive work for personnel use of someone ells?

I don't know if I should like what you said or not. But you said it very well, but I'm not philosophical enough to know if I fully understand.

The community is growing up. People are building relationships based on tools they have.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
Basiley

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:42:48 PM

So, do you know of another infrastructure that is open enough to allow for Bitcoin miners as well as other user applications (like renderers, number crunchers, hash crackers...)?

As I want to start in some time a more simple approach to mining, BOINC would have been a nice way to do this - if however there is a better "successor"/competitior, I'm not aware of, I'm all ears!
"open enough" is contradict with present BOINC devt society state and dynamics/course of devt, let alone interference with THIS topic appearance/creation.
IF its "open enough", questions about become redundant.

if "nicer way to do this"  equal to "make 1st steps", probably. but for practical/wide usage its unlikely reasonable.
and hardly i can provide seriously credible distributed computing tools market survey and or do some education in this field[even if that's intended/have time to].
basically this area is empty/underdeveloped and referring BOINC as something for use, isn't mask this, nor help build something really efficient nor scalable/capable.
if you need moving forward - pick favorite CASE/coding-related-approach-tied-language-framework/distro/solution and start work on it.
some good distributed computing-dedicated distros is reviewed on http://distrowatch.com/ for example.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 12:27:11 AM

Dude, you use more punctuation and shorted language than I do in my regex! Shocked

Anyways I understood from your previous post, that BOINC is not suited for providing a platform for distributed computing projects in your opinion, so I asked for alternatives.

Yes, there are specialized Linux distributions and whatnot. The beauty of Bitcoin, SETI, Folding@Home or whatever other project out there is however, that it's as easy as downloading a client, signing up for a project (or "mining pool") and getting a specific worker + workload (that last step is automatic already) on nearly any platform to start contributing. No realtime kernel, no MPI and no 10Gigabit network needed.

If there would be a client that can be (like BOINC) loaded with different worker programs (a bitcoin miner, a rendering app...), it could be possible to either mine Bitcoin and distribute the mined coins OR to get bitcoins from someone, give your "pool" members the choice to run a different worker program and distribute the Bitcoins based on this work.
If a pool would be large enough, it might even be possible to select amongst certain criteria (like operating system, RAM size, CPU speed...) on who is allowed to do the other workload instead.

BOINC is perfectly able to do this (and more) - I just thought you know of similar programs/infrastructures that are able to accomplish similar things.

Currently for example you can also "mine" Namecoins with any Bitcoin mining program. In the future these might become more generalized, to allow for other blockchains or even other computationally intensive problems to be solved.

nakedman

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 12:19:53 AM

This sounds very interesting. It could be interesting to see if the mining rigs could be used to do other calculations as well. And what calculations would be beneficial?

Render movies / Animations
Cracking passwords

What else could it be used for? Because I would be nice to make a more open client - to mine other stuff than just bitcoins. And the people could just buy the mining with bitcoins.
Come with some ideas, maybe we could throw something together.
Basiley

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:21:57 AM

virtually ANY area of DOCFLOW/computing in both buziness[of ANY scale]/social and personal usage/purposes can benefits/use more horsepower.
IF someone invest in creating such things for society/humanity.
as we can see on BitCoin network example, humanity NEVER EVER before see real power of distributed computing, let alone using it for own good.
so, this guy[who do that]become obviously right and/or obtain artificially intolerably power and thus become new oppressor/target.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 02:54:13 AM

Universities that can't afford supercomputers would benefit if they could fork out BTC for work. You'd need a modular miner though so you could swap in whatever was needed for the new calculations. It would have to be organised from the pool level. You'd go back to BTC mining when the calc was finished.

Basiley: I still don't understand why a BOINC style thing - or BOINC itself  - couldn't be used. BOINC already does use GPGPUs. Can you explain for me? Simple words, I'm a simple guy Smiley

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: