Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2017, 10:44:52 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 119 (48.6%)
XVG - 126 (51.4%)
Total Voters: 245

Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290]
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][BLACKHOLE][Entire Line of TOR/i2P Resources]  (Read 396470 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dogedarkdev
Legendary

Activity: 980

$XVG - The Standard in Privacy Based Crypto

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 01:27:08 PM

Hey guys, can you please help? I sent some xvg to my paper wallet. It´s been 12 hours now. Through Electrum wallet I checked balance, it arrived but transaction is not verified yet and there is only 1 confirmation. Is that normal?  I sent form bittrex with auto-set fee. Thank you very much for any answer.

Reopened.
Okay seems like XVG electrum has this issue :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330626.0

I have my xvg transactions confirmed here http://yiimp.ccminer.org/explorer/XVG

but Electreum xvg still writing all my transactions as unverified. But reopening electrum doesnt work and deleting blockchain headers neither.

Mb this is problem ?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /blockchain_headers was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at electrum-verge.xyz Port 80</address>
</body></html>

yeah, even though it says unverified, it's still spendable. i was actually fixing it just now. thanks for reporting it!

EDIT: fixed!

Electrum still doesn´t work properly (at least for me)
Transactions are still unverified, what should be size  of file blockchain-headers? Mine is 99819Kb , is that enough ?
Thx

yeah, it should work for any future transactions. i'm still looking into it. in the mean time, they are spendable though.

OK. I let my xvg in paper wallet. Hope they will be spendable in future .
Next issue is when I want to sweep paper wallet to coinomi or xvg android wallet there is no sweep option. I need to fill passphrase which I obv dont have with my paper wallet, I only have private key and so cannot restore wallet on android.

you can convert your seed phrase into a private key using this tool: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slemicek

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:35:39 PM

Quote from: Slemicek
link=topic=1365894.msg19696419#msg19696419 date=1498070816
Hey guys, can you please help? I sent some xvg to my paper wallet. It´s been 12 hours now. Through Electrum wallet I checked balance, it arrived but transaction is not verified yet and there is only 1 confirmation. Is that normal?  I sent form bittrex with auto-set fee. Thank you very much for any answer.

Reopened.

but Electreum xvg still writing all my transactions as unverified. But reopening electrum doesnt work and deleting blockchain headers neither.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

yeah, even though it says unverified, it's still spendable. i was actually fixing it just now. thanks for reporting it!

Transactions are still unverified, what should be size  of file blockchain-headers? Mine is 99819Kb , is that enough ?
Thx

yeah, it should work for any future transactions. i'm still looking into it. in the mean time, they are spendable though.

Next issue is when I want to sweep paper wallet to coinomi or xvg android wallet there is no sweep option. I need to fill passphrase which I obv dont have with my paper wallet, I only have private key and so cannot restore wallet on android.

you can convert your seed phrase into a private key using this tool: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html

Yes, but I don't have seed phrase, I printed xvg paper wallet, so I have only pB adress and private key. Coinomi should have this sweep option to restore wallet from private key, but for xvg there is none, same for xvg apk.
dbkeys

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:06:58 PM

Reverse coin-split is too risky. @dogedarkdev has decided in any case that won't happen.   IMO a better idea is to modulate the block rewards going forward, to better match demand for the coin.

Basic economics dictate that when there is an over-supply, there will be a reduction in unit price. ¿How can the coin network sense demand?  Very simple. Hashrate on the network is strongly correlated with demand. The higher the hashrate, the higher demand there is for the coin.

So, scan the blockchain back a certain amount of time (or a certain number of blocks) and determine what the peak hash rate the network has experienced is.  This will require averaging the hashrate over a certain size "sliding window" of 'x' blocks.  Then determine the current hashrate (over the last 'x' blocks) take the ratio current_hashrate / peak_hashrate, and multiply the block reward by this number.

This way, if the current hashrate is 1/2 of what the peak is, the block reward will be 1/2 of the theoretical maximum.  The result is that less new coins are available for the market; only if hashrate reaches peak value, then reward reaches peak value. Nothing else is changed: in the end, total emission will be the same, but it might be slowed down getting there.

Dogedarkdev
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 09:49:34 PM

Reverse coin-split is too risky. @dogedarkdev has decided in any case that won't happen.   IMO a better idea is to modulate the block rewards going forward, to better match demand for the coin.

Basic economics dictate that when there is an over-supply, there will be a reduction in unit price. ¿How can the coin network sense demand?  Very simple. Hashrate on the network is strongly correlated with demand. The higher the hashrate, the higher demand there is for the coin.

So, scan the blockchain back a certain amount of time (or a certain number of blocks) and determine what the peak hash rate the network has experienced is.  This will require averaging the hashrate over a certain size "sliding window" of 'x' blocks.  Then determine the current hashrate (over the last 'x' blocks) take the ratio current_hashrate / peak_hashrate, and multiply the block reward by this number.

This way, if the current hashrate is 1/2 of what the peak is, the block reward will be 1/2 of the theoretical maximum.  The result is that less new coins are available for the market; only if hashrate reaches peak value, then reward reaches peak value. Nothing else is changed: in the end, total emission will be the same, but it might be slowed down getting there.

yeah, but scarcity isnt an issue. we're 80%+ thru our distribution phase, and accessibility to the coin is what we aim for, second to privacy. we don't want to pull some dramatic move to increase the price through reduction of supply.

_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 09:51:57 PM

Quote from: Slemicek
link=topic=1365894.msg19696419#msg19696419 date=1498070816

Reopened.

Mb this is problem ?

<html><head>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<hr>
</body></html>

Thx

Yes, but I don't have seed phrase, I printed xvg paper wallet, so I have only pB adress and private key. Coinomi should have this sweep option to restore wallet from private key, but for xvg there is none, same for xvg apk.

you can always tweet coinomi about adding new features. the option im thinking is you can convert your android wallets seedphrase into a private key and import it into your desktop wallet, so that both desktop and android have the same address.

Vercingetorix

Activity: 153

View Profile
Today at 04:35:04 AM

yeah that's just not going to happen though. the price is created by the market, not me, and there is no "price automatically doubles" in crypto. but yeah, i get what you guys are saying. more rare = more enticing for noobs that dont understand crypto. that just isn't what we're trying to achieve, but thanks for the input gentlemen =]

Good.  Things like new mining algorithms or moving to POS are debatable, but messing around with the cap seems to be more of a central bank move.  And isn't that kind of manipulation one of the things we are trying to get away from?

Yes, it is exactly that kind of manipulation, even if it is something that sounds reasonable and is of innocent nature in the first place. But however, by opening the doors for centralized manipulation, you eliminate ALL TRUST, which is most likely the worst case scenario that can happen in cryptoworld. The markets usually react in a harsh way to dodgy things like that. Sometimes they don't, but chances are they will.

I agree, cutting the supply would backfire.  I won't look at a coin a second time if they play around with things like that.  To sketchy.   But if you really wanted to piss people off, we should double the supply. Tongue  Sometimes when you show people it's a double edge sword they stop and think about it a little more. 

I do think we should split the mining rewards and have a marketing/development fund to support Verge.  10% to the fund 90% for the miners.  or 20-80. 
Yep, and bs like pos switch has the same effect. People made investments long ago, either in the coin or mining rigs, which rely on unchanging fundamentals. If you change the fundamentals you make people lose confidence and the market rejects the coin. It becomes a redistribution scheme just like governments and central banks engage in. A change along these lines and I'm not the only guy going to dump.

On the VERGE of the event horizon, it's the only cryptocoin with both untraceable and multialgorithmic DARK GRAVITY WAVE BLACKHOLE ENCRYPTION https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894.new#new
Phanti

Activity: 1

View Profile
Today at 08:43:23 AM

Hey there,

I'd like to ask, how i can store my verges safe offline apart from the paper wallet. Is there a way to store them on a hardware device?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Phanti
Metros

Activity: 28

View Profile
Today at 11:52:48 AM

IS there any benefit for long-term Verge holders?

I mean, something like stake/masternodes/harvest/fees/revenue

Can I actually gain something from keeping XVG's on my wallet?
dbkeys

Activity: 165

View Profile
Today at 12:44:53 PM

Reverse coin-split is too risky. @dogedarkdev has decided in any case that won't happen.   IMO a better idea is to modulate the block rewards going forward, to better match demand for the coin.

yeah, but scarcity isnt an issue. we're 80%+ thru our distribution phase, and accessibility to the coin is what we aim for, second to privacy. we don't want to pull some dramatic move to increase the price through reduction of supply.

Well, this kind of modulation doesn't change anything at all  *if*  the hashrate stays high and/or keeps going up, so I don't think of it as being too dramatic... as say, a reverse coin split or a reduction in the total emission target.

Total emission target never changes, and  it only reduces block reward, but proportionately, gradually and temporarily, if there is a reduction in hashrate.    I think of it as paying the miners for how hard they are working.      Its effect is to maybe stretch out the distribution phase a bit and, at any given time, better match instantaneous demand to coin emission.

It could also be tempered by setting an absolute minimum reward and/or a maximum step-down to make it even gentler.
Dogedarkdev
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 03:19:52 PM

IS there any benefit for long-term Verge holders?

I mean, something like stake/masternodes/harvest/fees/revenue

Can I actually gain something from keeping XVG's on my wallet?

fees are collected by miners. as far as centralized masternodes, that is a weakness and we don't plan on implementing something like that.

you don't gain from keeping xvg in your wallet, but you do gain from mining one of our 5 algorithms. we are not a PoS coin, if that's what you are asking.

Dogedarkdev
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 03:21:20 PM

Hey there,

I'd like to ask, how i can store my verges safe offline apart from the paper wallet. Is there a way to store them on a hardware device?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Phanti

paper wallet is probably the safest option for any crypto. we are working on a hardware wallet, and will be adding it to our roadmap within the next 2 weeks

speaking of, we are going to be taking down our clearnet web wallet, because we prefer users own their coins, instead of leaving them on the site.

we will leave the tor and i2p web wallets up however.

we'll wait until the end of july to take the clearnet site down.

wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
Today at 04:00:21 PM

Hey there,

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Phanti

paper wallet is probably the safest option for any crypto. we are working on a hardware wallet, and will be adding it to our roadmap within the next 2 weeks

speaking of, we are going to be taking down our clearnet web wallet, because we prefer users own their coins, instead of leaving them on the site.

Looking forward to the hardware wallet, makes me curious.

Agree on paperwallet, safest for any coin. Make it super-safe with a cryptosteel , this way your paperwallet will survive fire, water or any other disaster  Grin

Signature
Vercingetorix

Activity: 153

View Profile
Today at 10:18:05 PM

Hey there,

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Phanti

Great move. There's no reason for any kind of clearnet resources anymore at all. Clearnet is a liability for all users from here forward. I'd like to see all clearnet resources phased out quickly as it's a burden on privacy.

One more really important point... Exchanges.
If exchanges are using clearnet wallets we should get them to verify a switch to i2p to preserve traders' privacy, and not recommend those exchanges who don't switch. They could match internal IP logs to clearnet Verge logs to identify users and their connections.

On the VERGE of the event horizon, it's the only cryptocoin with both untraceable and multialgorithmic DARK GRAVITY WAVE BLACKHOLE ENCRYPTION https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894.new#new
virasisog

Activity: 462

“Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 08/14/17”

View Profile
Today at 10:27:01 PM

Hey there,

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Phanti

That was a good news for the supporters of verge .Project were being accomplish and this 2017 is a big good start for verge to rise .
I can't wait for that hardwallet . I though paper wallet isn't safe .So i use exhange wallets for my xvg.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄         
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄       
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███     
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄   
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀   
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀     
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀       
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[Website ]                     

Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.