Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to update MM on Avalon6 directly from computer?  (Read 1109 times)
baron500 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:43:25 PM

Hello everyone i have some troubled A6's. I saw that some people fixed their miners by updating mm from canaans website. I dont have a controller , i use a pc with cgminer. I will be happy if someone can help me on that. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:28:34 PM

spend the $15-20 on an old RPi and run them the way they were meant to be run. Solves your firmware problem plus a bunch more other issues you may have not run into yet.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
baron500 (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:35:12 PM

I have an rpi2 tried every single combination but wont work with openwrt from canaan anyway i wont get into there, does anyone know how to update firmware?
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:39:32 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 07:06:10 AM by toptek

Hello everyone i have some troubled A6's. I saw that some people fixed their miners by updating mm from canaans website. I dont have a controller , i use a pc with cgminer. I will be happy if someone can help me on that. Thanks.

Warning to start with if you do be very careful i bricked three on board controllers not rpi's  there is also a controller that you plug the rpi into that is actually the controller on A6's and as far as i know it's the same set up for the A7, don't know yet, I'm about to buy one ..when I tired to update the MM on my A6 i was a dumb ass not watching the dates and size of the  MM i was using  ... you want the latest MM

Don't try to down grade it either thinking that will make it work better it won't .  as far as i know the safest way to update it is with the software Avalon gives us to use, it gives you a link in the openwrt UI to do it . even though i run my A6 on a RPI 3 with Minera not the Software they Use or gave us. . if I want to do any updates I down load there software which there are no updates for the A6 if you have the latest version already . that's it, unless they did one for the A6 recently they really don't support the A6 any more . last one was done in July of last year it might be dated for August can't remember

why do you want to update it ? . i mean whats the Issue did it just start ?

The way i do it when i run my A6 is install Ubuntu 16 then compile Cgminer 4.10 on what ever PI type i feel like using i have and then manually install minera and copy the Cgminer bin to minera, then I'm set .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
baron500 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:20:28 PM

Hi toptek, thanks for the reply again. By the way thanks to you i installed minera on my rpi2 before but hashrate dropped to 1th slowly instead of staying17-18ths. In the end i hooked my rpi1 openwrt installed that came with the machine and it seems to work steady now. All this set (5 machines)working with blue light on the back.

I got 6 more troubled ones, I seperated all the machines now with red light blinking and trying to make them work. I actually opened one up to see if there is any visible burns etc. but nothing like that. I read MM update could fix it so i was trying to do that. They work with extremely low hash rate (800-900gh) instead of 3.5th. I dont know what do exactly.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:16:29 PM

If you use the actual Avalon OS on the RPi it will give you error codes to diagnose the systems.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:38:33 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 05:27:22 PM by toptek

latest MM

https://canaan.io/downloads/software/avalon6/mm/2016-08-15/  dated 2016-08-15  get the file that says    2M.

rpi not sure if that's b or just the first rpi.

https://canaan.io/downloads/software/avalon6/openwrt/20160726/brcm2708/bcm2708/

openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2708-rpi-ext4-sdcard.img
the one with 76M

rrpi 2 b https://canaan.io/downloads/software/avalon6/openwrt/20160726/brcm2708/bcm2709/

openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2709-rpi-2-ext4-sdcard.img
the one with 76M

rpi 3 https://canaan.io/downloads/software/avalon6/openwrt/20160726/brcm2708/bcm2710/

openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2710-rpi-3-ext4-sdcard.img
the one with 76M

have you tired to run the ones in question one with one rpi ?. just them by there self ?. make sure the usb converters lites are flashing as well as in the back of the miner an are good and plugged in good . move the usb cable to see if the light changes color or flashes different.

what PSU are you using ?.  an they did run good at one time ?. do you remember what may have happen when they started under hashing ?the fans do spin up @ start up ? if worse come to worse talk to lightfoot on the forums he may be able to repair them if they some how became DMG., hes seems like a good guy an is reason able price wise.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon
Look at this link there might be some thing there to help you and with what each error means that  fanatic26 is talking about there is another link to put in the error code that will tell you what it might be. sorry i no longer have that link my miner hashes like it should after i hocked it up to a 2400 watt Server PSU .

you can ask canaan they may give you some help but unless you bought form them direct you may not get much help but they will help you if you bought from them direct. not sure though if they will any more for the A6 .I know they won't for there A4 .which i still have a working one i don't use not worth it any more unless BTC jump to 20 k a pop ... in fact they sent me a free inside controller one time for my A6 which i fucked up by mistake and ended up buying one off of sidehack on the forums who is also good at what he does.

other then that i have run out ideas with out having the miners in front of me which to be very honest i don't want unless there mine my repair days are over unless there mine .. i wish i could have fixed it over the forums but still ask for help if you need it, if i know I'll share it. some others might as well..

baron500 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:57:03 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 10:53:21 PM by baron500

I tried 10 different psu, cable. Toptek something weird is going on i went and grabbed my rpi 1 that came with the machines , hooked it up one of these troubled machines and now i am getting around 2th. One thing i noticed hash rate fluctuates a lot.

I also tried downloading image file for the rpi1 , i put it in a different sd and just checked if it will work but it just stuck at "random nonblocking pool init." , same error i was getting with my rpi2. When i put the original sd card it goes all the way to "init complete" but with my version it just stucks. I will go ahead and update mm right now, just wondering what will happen but at this point i strongly think it is some kind of software issue.

http://imgur.com/a/gDAzC

Edit:Did MM update, still the same. Hash rate fluctuates between 700gh-3.8 like crazy. Red light still blinking. OpenWrt still shows 2th as machine hash rate.Maybe hardware. I am honestly confused Huh

Edit2:In Openwrt EC 4 , loop0failed

Edit3: Ended up being an hardware problem
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:05:55 PM

Edit3: Ended up being an hardware problem

So you figured it out ? ....awesome if so ..

baron500 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:43:57 PM

Yes i took.all machine apart and tested voltages between each chip, found out one of the boards has a faulty chip where the circuit cant go ahead anymore and complete the loop so i get loop0fail.I will start producing my own machines soon at this learning speed   Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: