Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 BTC, 2 Months: Help a college student support his own education  (Read 464 times)
mattw1313 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 07:03:26 PM

I'm an undergrad with plans of going to law school. My family isn't well-off or tight-knit, and I have no support whatsoever, other than my scholarship. If only I had no expenses but those covered by scholarship. My grades and scores place me in an elite category, and the relevance of that will be apparent shortly. The only thing that has been holding me back from full potential in school is that finances have been a recent distraction. So I have decided to put an end to that, and have several plans, with the focus here being two small but serious, business ventures that I'd like to build over the next couple of months. The first, and foremost, is a tutoring service, geared towards the college entrance examinations that are so crucial here, and which will be built on the back of my top percentile test scores as instant credibility and diligent planning as follow through. The second is a simple marketing venture, which will delegate labor. Both of these are extremely low investment, low risk ventures. (The loan will simply be to provide a cushion for me as I start this, to eliminate distractions that have been demanding too much time as of late, as I build these things. I will still have other sources of income.) Point being: even if they fail, failure will in no way be so disastrous as to prevent or even delay repayment of the loan.
Yes, you'll have to trust me. I will do whatever I can to reassure, but I have no collateral, and clearly I'm pretty new to these forums. If anyone is willing to take a chance, and help a student with a ton of potential, but on rocky times, you won't regret it.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 08:12:52 PM

I'm an undergrad with plans of going to law school. My family isn't well-off or tight-knit, and I have no support whatsoever, other than my scholarship. If only I had no expenses but those covered by scholarship. My grades and scores place me in an elite category, and the relevance of that will be apparent shortly. The only thing that has been holding me back from full potential in school is that finances have been a recent distraction. So I have decided to put an end to that, and have several plans, with the focus here being two small but serious, business ventures that I'd like to build over the next couple of months. The first, and foremost, is a tutoring service, geared towards the college entrance examinations that are so crucial here, and which will be built on the back of my top percentile test scores as instant credibility and diligent planning as follow through. The second is a simple marketing venture, which will delegate labor. Both of these are extremely low investment, low risk ventures. (The loan will simply be to provide a cushion for me as I start this, to eliminate distractions that have been demanding too much time as of late, as I build these things. I will still have other sources of income.) Point being: even if they fail, failure will in no way be so disastrous as to prevent or even delay repayment of the loan.
Yes, you'll have to trust me. I will do whatever I can to reassure, but I have no collateral, and clearly I'm pretty new to these forums. If anyone is willing to take a chance, and help a student with a ton of potential, but on rocky times, you won't regret it.

Couldn't you think of another reason to scam someone?
mattw1313 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:47:04 PM

haha there are major differences between those posts and mine. and if this is a scam, it's a pretty lame one. like I said, I'll do whatever I can to give reassurance, but you either believe me or not. because, yes, I could think of MUCH better ways to scam someone, if that's what I was after.
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 10:49:42 PM

haha there are major differences between those posts and mine. and if this is a scam, it's a pretty lame one. like I said, I'll do whatever I can to give reassurance, but you either believe me or not. because, yes, I could think of MUCH better ways to scam someone, if that's what I was after.
On this forum, whether you need money for your school or your family member is dying and you need money to save them you won't find money here, if you need lending for your college education there are 100's of money hungry companies waiting for you to ask them for money.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:11:16 PM

It may seem like a pathetic scam attempt to you if your true intentions are to repay the loan just as described in the original post (which they very well may be), but think about it; 2 BTC is roughtly $2,000. There aren't many better ways to scam than to register on a forum with an anonymous account, write up a paragraph describing a situation, and receive $2000.

That's why the chances of this loan being funded is microscopic, if it exists at all.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:23:12 PM

It's fairly unlikely you'll be able to scrape 2BTC from the people here by way of a loan. You could try to offer your services out on the market section and see whether you get any interest? I'm also not sure what expenses are for tutoring... could you not hand in your CV at another education establishment and see if they have anyone that could do with your tuition and guidance?
mattw1313 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:38:36 PM

It may seem like a pathetic scam attempt to you if your true intentions are to repay the loan just as described in the original post (which they very well may be), but think about it; 2 BTC is roughtly $2,000. There aren't many better ways to scam than to register on a forum with an anonymous account, write up a paragraph describing a situation, and receive $2000.

That's why the chances of this loan being funded is microscopic, if it exists at all.

Fully understood, and I didn't expect to be just handed over, which is why there are much better ways to scam - I could have used that energy to create some elaborate scenario on some other forum and had people handing it over. But I saw this, and hoped I could find a legitimate solution, rather than taking that other path.
I'm sure the odds are low, but perhaps someone will take a chance. I'm sure someone can afford the risk, it would make a huge difference to me, and I sincerely would have gone a very different route if I was a scam artist.
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:44:50 PM

Sob stories are nothing here, buddy! We've seen every single sad story you can think about. From a mother who wants to make money for her kids, someone who is taking up PhD, to someone living in his mom's basement. We've seen them all. I'll link everything later, currently busy crying due to your sad story.
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 11:50:25 PM

Where do you live why you can look for other scholarship and earn $1000 scholarship if you are living in US and i  dont know in other country..
But you can also share with us if where yo uare living and maybe i can help only for scholarship not for giving free bitcoin. since i dont have a lot of bitcoins..

Make crypto as your bank.
mattw1313 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 12:01:23 AM

It's fairly unlikely you'll be able to scrape 2BTC from the people here by way of a loan. You could try to offer your services out on the market section and see whether you get any interest? I'm also not sure what expenses are for tutoring... could you not hand in your CV at another education establishment and see if they have anyone that could do with your tuition and guidance?

I could do that, but I can earn more, and at my convenience (especially when being in at least two different locations throughout the year), and while building something that I run, and the only real challenge is the added task of finding students.
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:23:08 AM

... you either believe me or not ...

Simple answer: Not
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 05:07:39 PM

A 2BTC loan? With nothing but a sob story and some vague plans for repayment. That's like a snowball's chance in hell.  Shocked

No matter how 'new' you are with forums, you gotta know that. Even if some people got plenty of BTC, why would they throw a couple of BTC to a random stranger on the internet?
Loan + Sob story + No Collateral + Business Plans + Promise to repay ?? If I got a penny every time I hear that..

I could do that, but I can earn more, and at my convenience (especially when being in at least two different locations throughout the year), and while building something that I run, and the only real challenge is the added task of finding students.
Don't waste your energy waiting for a loan that's never gonna happen.
You're better off actually working for the money instead of waiting for that 'loan' to be filled.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████