Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone is Jobbing this Market  (Read 7245 times)
NO_SLAVE (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:07:01 PM

The trading in BTC is characteristically volatile, too much so, but for the past three days there are huge blocks of BTC swirling around the globe and the market is flat, not range bound but outright absolutely flat.  Who thinks this is normal? This to me is impossible (considering standard volitility) without large manipulation. We want a more stable market but this is flat lining, "the patient is now dead" price action is also dysfunctional for BTC. Too many questions, too much weirdness, not a natural market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:10:22 PM

Volume at mtgox.com is relatively low compared to the days with large changes (either up or down). It's more likely that bulls and bears alike are simply taking a wait-and-see attitude right now.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
NO_SLAVE (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:17:14 PM

I though so to, but there is always some kind of drift in a range, In my years (looking at 10's thousands of charts) Ive never seen a flat lining effect like this after such a huge range of trade.

DamienBlack

Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:25:27 PM

It is possible that the stolen money (if actually stolen) is being laundered through multiple mt gox accounts. The constant sells and buys all going back and forth to essentially the same person may be keeping the price flat. I would assume he/she would be willing to take trade losses to help him get clean USD/bitcoins.
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:26:02 PM

I though so to, but there is always some kind of drift in a range, In my years (looking at 10's thousands of charts) Ive never seen a flat lining effect like this after such a huge range of trade.

I don't like it myself, at all.

This market is simply too fucked up.

I'm trying to get rid of all my mining gear asap, myself.

This shit isn't worth the questioning and anticipation anymore.

I found myself a grown man worth $160/hr+ in development labor, fawning over asinine charts of an idiots market and masturdebating the silly shit with kids on a forum...

Man I need a better hobby lol.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:31:34 PM

Synaptic, my offer still stands valid for your 5830
Grant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:32:07 PM

The trading in BTC is characteristically volatile, too much so, but for the past three days there are huge blocks of BTC swirling around the globe and the market is flat, not range bound but outright absolutely flat.  Who thinks this is normal? This to me is impossible (considering standard volitility) without large manipulation. We want a more stable market but this is flat lining, "the patient is now dead" price action is also dysfunctional for BTC. Too many questions, too much weirdness, not a natural market.

You are the same person who also claimed:

It was artificial when there was a rally, then when the correction came it was also artificial and most recently you claimed to be hacked.

Its no surprise you also claim that the current consolidation is also "artificial".  Cheesy

The only artificial thing i see here are posts from people like you.

As a speculator myself i prefer the Rally/Crashes i don't like this consolidation but i can assure you consolidation is also part of the natural market game.
Torminalis

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:32:55 PM

The way I see it, someone is sat on a large pile of coins and cash and is pushing in one direction or another. They are either looking to keep value up by buying all the cheap coins or they are trying to keep it down by pushing just the right number of coins onto the market to keep it in the 19.xx range.

I reckon the person got all of these coins as part of the multi million turnover over the weekend when the volume was massive and the charts were going mad. Someone is messing with us.

What I want to know is if they are using more coins or cash and what will happen when they run out of one or the other.
iya

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:37:23 PM

It's simply the low volume. Look at the chart, whenever there was low volume, there was flatlining.
The reality is that there are almost no traders, which would move the market based on incoming new information. Keep in mind that transaction costs are pretty high on MtGox. All the big up moves are caused by new people getting into Bitcoin, and all big down moves are caused by early miners cashing out.

Torminalis

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:40:57 PM

Not nearly paranoid enough, don't you know where you are?  Wink

Your post does actually sound very reasonable. I can also see the psychological barrier of $20 being a pretty natural one.
gene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:43:38 PM

Obvious manipulation is obvious. We need more exchanges. Why don't people use bitcoin-central.net? It is the only exchange for which we have the source, so that we can see that it isn't a pile of shit, like bitcoin7 or whatever it is called.

More liquidity!

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
BookofNick

Activity: 315
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:45:55 PM

The sane thing could be said about the silver market for the past month or so...

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 06:15:59 PM

I'm also convinced there is some kind of manipulation going on. Can't make any sense of it, so i'm quitting while i'm ahead.

Grant

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:17:54 PM

Its really sad when uninformed people abuse the word manipulation because they don't understand some basic fundamentals about a market (any market).
chiropteran

Activity: 348

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 06:22:56 PM

I suspect it's just someone trying to sell a lot of coins for around $20.  The market naturally wants to keep going up as it has been for the past few months, but it can't pass $20 with this entity trying to unload some huge number of coins.  Eventually the coins will all be sold and the price will continue to rise.

realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:24:06 PM

Obvious manipulation is obvious. We need more exchanges. Why don't people use bitcoin-central.net? It is the only exchange for which we have the source, so that we can see that it isn't a pile of shit, like bitcoin7 or whatever it is called.

https://bitcoinconsultancy.com/wiki/index.php/Intersango

Which runs Britcoin.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
NO_SLAVE (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:25:11 PM

You are the same person who also claimed:

It was artificial when there was a rally, then when the correction came it was also artificial and most recently you claimed to be hacked.

NO  Roll Eyes
done

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:26:03 PM

This kind of stable market has happened many times before in short time frames . Now if it is this stable still in July I would start to wonder what's up.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:27:50 PM

Maybe the world is not ready for a free market. They shout manipulation and speculation when prices rise quickly. They shout manipulation and nefariousness when prices fall quickly. And when prices stay flat? Manipulation, it must be!

I'll propose an alternative theory = Bitcoin is brand new, and will be extremely volatile and unpredictable for a long time. Part of true volatility is the 2nd order - even the volatility itself will be volatile! Stop obsessing with charts.

The monetary concept of Bitcoin is solid. So, too, is the technology. Given this, if you believe in Bitcoin go out and build businesses around it. Buy with it, sell with it, and trade with it. Stop worrying if the short-term dollar/btc exchange rate is not precisely where you think it should be. Let free markets be free, and enjoy the freedom, tumultuous (or flat) as it is.

bittersweet

Activity: 222

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:30:04 PM

It's not going up because it still is overpriced after the huge rise. Probably it will go down again soon, don't worry.

I don't feel sorry for all people who saw Bruce Wagners "foot of a hockey stick" chart and believed they will get immensly rich in two weeks.
You are suckers.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
Synaptic

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:46:16 PM

Its really sad when uninformed people abuse the word manipulation because they don't understand some basic fundamentals about a market (any market).

Please, teach us what these "basic fundamentals" are as relates to the BTC market...

...please, do.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:50:24 PM

^^ This

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
mellowhead

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:02:04 PM

I'm more concerned about the 9.3M BTC sent in the last 24 hours. That's 140% of the entire BTC economy, sent in less than 24 hours and not through exchanges.

See:
http://www.bitcoinwatch.com - Bitcoins sent last 24 hours

http://blockexplorer.com/ - Largest transactions (last 300 blocks) - Look at all these largest transactions - it's the exact same money being moved from address to address over and over again. Very weird.

11 Cheers for binary currency!
1BxQsmtVtzJD9uEe5MxcyqFaohpgb76ohs
Epinnoia

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:21:44 PM

I'm more concerned about the 9.3M BTC sent in the last 24 hours. That's 140% of the entire BTC economy, sent in less than 24 hours and not through exchanges.

See:

http://blockexplorer.com/ - Largest transactions (last 300 blocks) - Look at all these largest transactions - it's the exact same money being moved from address to address over and over again. Very weird.

Just a guess, but probably people freaking out about their own personal security measures after the heist.  Whether they're sending to wallet services, or to wallet files on thumbdrives, doesn't matter.  It's probably nothing more than people sending money to themselves in various ways.

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
Synaptic

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:26:21 PM

See:

Just a guess, but probably people freaking out about their own personal security measures after the heist.  Whether they're sending to wallet services, or to wallet files on thumbdrives, doesn't matter.  It's probably nothing more than people sending money to themselves in various ways.

Sending from address A to address B makes sense under your umbrella.

Sending from address A to address B and back to address A, paying 50 something BTC on a ~9k transaction as an actual example, doesn't. At all.

At all.
mellowhead

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:28:13 PM

See:

Could be. If I had 50,000 BTC, a good way to make it hard for someone to steal would be to put it into 1000 different wallets and then encrypt them all.

niemivh

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:33:13 PM

Someone is always jobbing a market, that's what markets do.  Get jobbed.  Either by the biggest fish in the sea or by the government or regulatory body.

If you are looking for a "free market" keep looking.  Let me know if you find one by the way, I'd love to see a mythological creature.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:26:35 PM

Batten down the hatches, there's a storm brewing for the weekend.
AtomicTrader

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:33:01 PM

Ya, with the price falling from the 19-20 range going into the weekend, I think dark clouds are on the horizon.
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:36:00 PM

oh my god its falling. that is the end of bitcoin. it was a nice ride. i dont have a parachute. it was nice while it lasted.

all from irc.all the previous weekend. all wrong.
niemivh

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:43:27 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2011, 10:41:22 PM by niemivh

I'm glad that the market is doing exactly like I'm predicting.

Next prediction: downward drift to $15 range @ about a 75% certainty.  May trigger a panic sell off with the bad press.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

comboy

Activity: 247
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 09:09:45 PM

Somebody is selling a lot in dark pool just below $20 stopping price from going up. It does not swing very much down also because there's another big dark at $18.

Yes, compared to 30% value swings that looks  But AFAIR remember week ago everybody was begging for stabilization.

Variance is a bitch!
RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:56:52 AM

Next prediction: downward drift to $15 range @ about a 75% certainty.  May trigger a panic sell off with the bad press.

hehe might be good prediction, 16.5 now. Don't think there will be the same panic as last time though, since it recovered at least partly. Should be lot's of newcomers wanting to get in due to the massive press-coverage (even though about 50% is somewhat negative).

Shit it got back to 17.35 while I was writing this haha. You guys who got bored of the stability, here you have your volatility Wink

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

samr7

Activity: 140
Merit: 430

Firstbits: 1samr7

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 01:40:29 AM

See:

Perhaps this is just someone with an account where most of the balance was received in a single transaction.  It starts out receiving 50,000 BTC in one transaction in block 93863, and sends 50 BTC at a time to other addresses.  When there is a single input transaction that's being drawn from that is larger than the output, the balance of the input transaction appears to be sent to a newly generated address.

The fact that the balance of the big transaction also looks like it's being moved around is technical smoke and mirrors.  Or maybe it really is being moved?
mellowhead

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 01:48:27 AM

See:

Perhaps this is just someone with an account where most of the balance was received in a single transaction.  It starts out receiving 50,000 BTC in one transaction in block 93863, and sends 50 BTC at a time to other addresses.  When there is a single input transaction that's being drawn from that is larger than the output, the balance of the input transaction appears to be sent to a newly generated address.

The fact that the balance of the big transaction also looks like it's being moved around is technical smoke and mirrors.  Or maybe it really is being moved?
Whether the large remainder is being moved to a different wallet or not is semantics I think. The interesting thing to me is that it's being sent out in relatively consistent amounts. I have my own suppositions as to why, but was interested in what other people think about it.

finnthecelt

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 02:21:12 AM

And then the difficulty rating goes down? Yayyyyy!
niemivh

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 02:54:35 AM

See:

Counterfeiting!!!!

SELL!!!!!!!111!!!!1 SELL!1!!!!! SELL!!!111!1!!!

imperi

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 02:56:23 AM

See:

Counterfeiting!!!!

This. The market will plummet from the manipulation and possible counterfeiting. It's likely that someone cracked SHA-2, possibly with a quantum computer. Prices will plunge to $5/BTC by noon Saturday (EST). Sell. Everything.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:15:43 AM

Maybe the world is not ready for a free market. They shout manipulation and speculation when prices rise quickly. They shout manipulation and nefariousness when prices fall quickly. And when prices stay flat? Manipulation, it must be!

I'll propose an alternative theory = Bitcoin is brand new, and will be extremely volatile and unpredictable for a long time. Part of true volatility is the 2nd order - even the volatility itself will be volatile! Stop obsessing with charts.

The monetary concept of Bitcoin is solid. So, too, is the technology. Given this, if you believe in Bitcoin go out and build businesses around it. Buy with it, sell with it, and trade with it. Stop worrying if the short-term dollar/btc exchange rate is not precisely where you think it should be. Let free markets be free, and enjoy the freedom, tumultuous (or flat) as it is.

+1

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
RomertL

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:18:07 AM

See:

Counterfeiting!!!!

This. The market will plummet from the manipulation and possible counterfeiting. It's likely that someone cracked SHA-2, possibly with a quantum computer. Prices will plunge to $5/BTC by noon Saturday (EST). Sell. Everything.

Really, it's kind of provocative that thees trolls think we're so easy manipulated. Were they trolls from the beginning or somebody hacked their accounts? As we know, bitcoins are almost impossible to counterfeit, and quantum computer will not be commercial for at least a decade. Weak man...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

imperi

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:20:35 AM

See:

Counterfeiting!!!!

Really, it's kind of provocative that thees trolls think we're so easy manipulated. Were they trolls from the beginning or somebody hacked their accounts? As we know, bitcoins are almost impossible to counterfeit, and quantum computer will not be commercial for at least a decade. Weak man...

Someone has no sense of humor whatsoever.
RomertL

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:30:00 AM

See:

Counterfeiting!!!!

Someone has no sense of humor whatsoever.

Hehe well sometimes not easy to tell who's serious, you hear some pretty crazy stuff in this forum...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

samr7

Merit: 430

Firstbits: 1samr7

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:48:43 AM

Whether the large remainder is being moved to a different wallet or not is semantics I think.

+1, agreed!

Since we can't tell whether the BTC were transferred between addresses belonging to different wallets, the metric of BTC transferred per day is almost useless, certainly less useful than a transaction count metric.
coinonymous

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 03:50:09 AM

Please, teach us what these "basic fundamentals" are as relates to the BTC market...

...please, do.

(waving hand) O O O I know this!!!! mememememe

("yes, coinonymous?")

Supply and demand?
mellowhead

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:31:39 AM

See:

Counterfeiting!!!!

imperi was making a joke, dude.

RomertL

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:10:46 AM

See:

Counterfeiting!!!!

imperi was making a joke, dude.

well yea kind of acted out of reflex after last weeks troll-invasion ...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

charliesheen

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 08:07:39 AM

According to my records someone opened $1.9 million in buy orders for about 2 minutes at Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:31:02 GMT

moments earlier stats looked like

ElectricMonk

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 08:16:45 AM

It's not going up because it still is overpriced after the huge rise. Probably it will go down again soon, don't worry.

I don't feel sorry for all people who saw Bruce Wagners "foot of a hockey stick" chart and believed they will get immensly rich in two weeks.
You are suckers.

Beware of men carrying hockey stick graphs.
unixdude

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 08:17:49 AM

You are suckers.

Isn't that the same chart that the IPCC used as undeniable proof that global warming (anthropogenic)was caused by man  Grin

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ed/Hockey_stick_chart_ipcc_large.jpg
Grant

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 08:20:19 AM

Isn't that the same chart that the IPCC used as undeniable proof that global warming (anthropogenic)was caused by man  Grin

OMG global warming is a bubble. SELL
Nescio

Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 09:16:39 AM

Psst! The next solar cycle is said to be minimal, it's time to buy!
http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/big-drop-solar-activity-could-mean-much-coole

Can whoever is jobbing the market please drop the rate to below $4 so I can buy in, kthx.
charliesheen

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 09:20:33 AM

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/big-drop-solar-activity-could-mean-much-coole

Can whoever is jobbing the market please drop the rate to below $4 so I can buy in, kthx.

(insert joke about enron here)

Gregers

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 10:34:43 AM

Well, I'm out for now. Someone else can play with my coins until the dust settles. Maybe I'll get back into it when it's more stable and less of a hassle to deal with. God speed to the lucky buyer.
shady financier

etcetera

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 10:54:23 AM

1G8AUgSTAw8hfatNnDHuYEqBAUzC3qvAAL

Bitcoin news: http://thebitcoinsun.com/

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

The value of goods, expressed in money, is called “price”, while the value of money, expressed in goods, is called “value”. C. Quigley
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 11:11:52 AM

Roll Eyes

shady financier

etcetera

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 11:36:30 AM

lol Cheesy

That's the difference among early adopters; some are keepers, some are regretters.

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

The value of goods, expressed in money, is called “price”, while the value of money, expressed in goods, is called “value”. C. Quigley
Swishercutter

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 11:50:28 AM

Second that...still kicking myself for not having any money in my account last weekend for what should have been a big buy in at $10 just to make 2.5x the money back by selling @$25 12hrs later...am I wrong for thinking that volatility is good for currency trading...some would dream of that kind of movement in the markets so they could leverage a few million dollars.
LehmanSister

Activity: 68

High Desert Dweller-Where Space and Time Meet $

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 11:54:46 AM

OH yeah, like DUH...

http://www.math.princeton.edu/jfnj/texts_and_graphics/Mezzanine.Directory/Self.Aids.2008.temp/copied.from.small.black.2GB.mem.unit/IyAIMoney.landscape.2008.808.rh.pdf

It's sad when people can't read. Literacy has so far been the most advantageous effect of bitcoin.

ISO: small island nations with large native populations excited to pay tribute to flying gods, will trade BTC.
shady financier

etcetera

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 11:58:21 AM

OH yeah, like DUH...

http://www.math.princeton.edu/jfnj/texts_and_graphics/Mezzanine.Directory/Self.Aids.2008.temp/copied.from.small.black.2GB.mem.unit/IyAIMoney.landscape.2008.808.rh.pdf

It's sad when people can't read. Literacy has so far been the most advantageous effect of bitcoin.

tl;dr.

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

LehmanSister

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:01:46 PM

tl;dr.

Word. Brute force wins again, the subject of the paper.

ISO: small island nations with large native populations excited to pay tribute to flying gods, will trade BTC.
LehmanSister

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:06:10 PM

tl;dr.

Iirc, this means td;ow - too dumb, only watched. Learn something useful on the shitter.

shady financier

etcetera

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:10:02 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2011, 12:20:22 PM by ~~~~~

tl;dr.

Iirc, this means td;ow - too dumb, only watched. Learn something useful on the shitter.

No, doesn't mean too dumb only watched, it means too long didn't read.

I have lavatory-literature already. Currently reading Carrol Quiggley's brilliant work Tragedy & Hope, great book. Text here.

As I linked the book, what did you think of it, good? Agree with his observations?

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

unixdude

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:10:55 PM

Well if we go through a cold spell my mining rigs will keep me warm  Grin
Swishercutter

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:12:40 PM

tl;dr.

I have lavatory-literature already. Currently reading Carol Quiggley's brilliant work Tragedy & Hope, great book. Text here.

As I linked the book, what did you think of it, good? Agree with his observations?

I think I'll start  tl;rh (too long, read half)
LehmanSister

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:37:27 PM

I think I'll start  tl;rh (too long, read half)

Word. Took me a few times around to get a full feel for Nash.

LehmanSister

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:39:07 PM

I have lavatory-literature already. Currently reading Carrol Quiggley's brilliant work Tragedy & Hope, great book. Text here.

Still downloading. Takes me a bit with my limited bandwidth. But it's in my queue. And currently at 60%.

LehmanSister

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:52:06 PM

Definitely will give you hemorrhoids if you go through it all. We're both aware of why the market is cold. I try to keep a 50 page min on my think tank. Your tl;dr has cred cuz you print. Or I can sell you an anal creame to assist in your estudious endevours. I make a bangin; lidocane ethanol java bindet attachment for the PhDs.

PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:52:15 PM

Well, I'm out for now. Someone else can play with my coins until the dust settles. Maybe I'll get back into it when it's more stable and less of a hassle to deal with. God speed to the lucky buyer.

leave. only tru believers stay for now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: