Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:54:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITLATTICE] A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice.org  (Read 36928 times)
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 07:44:39 AM

This project has been ongoing for more than a year now.  Any links to the github?

-bitblaster

Right, I've been watching this thread too for the same length of time. The sad part is after all the waiting I half expect this to be a clone of NANO, IOTA or Byteball. Prove me wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitblaster

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

Bit Blaster

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:56:36 PM

This project has been ongoing for more than a year now.  Any links to the github?

-bitblaster

Right, I've been watching this thread too for the same length of time. The sad part is after all the waiting I half expect this to be a clone of NANO, IOTA or Byteball. Prove me wrong.

Where it's a clone our not,  there should be more information by now. DAG technology implementation should not take this long.  Hiring a marketing team without a product is funny.

-bitblaster

cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:55:52 PM

Another DAG scam ICO? Watch out, guys! There are some people who have been serial DAG ICO scammers.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:44:36 PM

Another DAG scam ICO? Watch out, guys! There are some people who have been serial DAG ICO scammers.

I believe this project is very different. Also this project started 1 year ago not like the other (STONE, ...)
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:16:27 AM

I believe this project is very different. Also this project started 1 year ago not like the other (STONE, ...)
However other projects proved after year some results, until this project shows that have something done, it's just....
Hibryda

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:35:28 AM

This project has been ongoing for more than a year now. Any links to the github?
-bitblaster

Where it's a clone our not,  there should be more information by now. DAG technology implementation should not take this long.  Hiring a marketing team without a product is funny.
-bitblaster

However other projects proved after year some results, until this project shows that have something done, it's just....

Hi All quoted above,

After watching your posts exchange I feel I should also comment. Not excuse, comment - note it.

So:
@bitblaster -
DAG isn't a technology. It's a graph. Directed acyclic graph. All types of data representations that ensure timed sequence of data entries and exclude looping back are DAG. Our Universe is DAG based (cause-effect, one way entropy). Bitlattice can be represented as DAG as well. Difficulty of DAG implementation varies - it can have even less than 100 slocs (depending on language), but not sure in how many slocs our reality is implemented in.
The above are basics. Let's go deeper. Every coin around is DAG based. Simple blockchain as well (a constrained one, but still DAG). IOTA, Hashgraph and others exploit DAG scheme further allowing more parent and child nodes. But their innovation isn't in pushing limits of DAG - as it has precisely defined limits. They attempt to entangle data portions in a way that ensures correct order. And here is actual difficulty - in inventing a system that mimics cause and effect in best possible way (that no loop can occur /loop could be double spending for instance/).
So, @bitblaster, it's not easy and can take long. Depending what other guards and features you'd like to have.
As to marketing guy - FYI, he volunteered. And we are far enough to need to have him aboard.

@andreibi -
We'll prove you wrong. It was meant to be different from the beginning.

@cchub -
We stated before and I'll emphasize it now that we have funds secured. More, while we may have an ICO just to popularize the idea (I have ambigous feelings with respect to ICOs at all), the moment we'll start any funds collection will be after a functional prototype and WP gets published. Not before. I hope it's clear and I won't have to repeat it in capitals.

@Sam123 -
It's very different. Not only with respect to the scheme under the hood.

@Black_bl -
[...]it's just.... another project you can watch or not, as you neither lose nor risk anything.

As an update - we build now a network stack. This must be done with care as one of features of Bitlattice needs to be initiated in controlled manner.

BR,
H

P.S. We'll publish sources on GitLab, not Github. And we'll update here when it's published.

A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice bitlattice.org
antoinnepy

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:07:05 AM

This project has been ongoing for more than a year now. Any links to the github?
-bitblaster

-bitblaster

Hi All quoted above,

After watching your posts exchange I feel I should also comment. Not excuse, comment - note it.

So:
@bitblaster -
DAG isn't a technology. It's a graph. Directed acyclic graph. All types of data representations that ensure timed sequence of data entries and exclude looping back are DAG. Our Universe is DAG based (cause-effect, one way entropy). Bitlattice can be represented as DAG as well. Difficulty of DAG implementation varies - it can have even less than 100 slocs (depending on language), but not sure in how many slocs our reality is implemented in.
The above are basics. Let's go deeper. Every coin around is DAG based. Simple blockchain as well (a constrained one, but still DAG). IOTA, Hashgraph and others exploit DAG scheme further allowing more parent and child nodes. But their innovation isn't in pushing limits of DAG - as it has precisely defined limits. They attempt to entangle data portions in a way that ensures correct order. And here is actual difficulty - in inventing a system that mimics cause and effect in best possible way (that no loop can occur /loop could be double spending for instance/).
So, @bitblaster, it's not easy and can take long. Depending what other guards and features you'd like to have.
As to marketing guy - FYI, he volunteered. And we are far enough to need to have him aboard.

@andreibi -
We'll prove you wrong. It was meant to be different from the beginning.

@cchub -
We stated before and I'll emphasize it now that we have funds secured. More, while we may have an ICO just to popularize the idea (I have ambigous feelings with respect to ICOs at all), the moment we'll start any funds collection will be after a functional prototype and WP gets published. Not before. I hope it's clear and I won't have to repeat it in capitals.

@Sam123 -
It's very different. Not only with respect to the scheme under the hood.

@Black_bl -
[...]it's just.... another project you can watch or not, as you neither lose nor risk anything.

As an update - we build now a network stack. This must be done with care as one of features of Bitlattice needs to be initiated in controlled manner.

BR,
H

P.S. We'll publish sources on GitLab, not Github. And we'll update here when it's published.

I admire the insight you are putting into your work. From what I have read so far, it does look like it could be refreshing, new tech. I look forward to reading your whitepaper.
Is the multi-dimensional block lattice structure going to serve currency purposes only? you gonna integrate other stuff? Are nodes going to keep it up? Will they be incentivized?

In addition, I think your website needs a big revamp.
Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 11:25:31 AM

I admire the insight you are putting into your work. From what I have read so far, it does look like it could be refreshing, new tech. I look forward to reading your whitepaper.
Is the multi-dimensional block lattice structure going to serve currency purposes only? you gonna integrate other stuff? Are nodes going to keep it up? Will they be incentivized?
In addition, I think your website needs a big revamp.

First, to let others read the thread comfortably, cut quotations.

As to your questions - as every such system, be it blockchain, tangle, etc., it may and will be used for every purpose ordered data storage can be used. Simply because coins on the market are just immutable, time-ordered databases. The same applies to Bitlattice. It will enable use as coin, but also all else that above mentioned can be used. It will handle contracts as well. Plus some interesting extra features.
The prototype will mainly serve as a coin, but also as a proof of concept and reference implementation.
Yes nodes will be incentivized, proportionally to their participation in network.

As to website. It's not the most important thing right now and also requires some care. So, yes, but it can wait.

BR,
H

antoinnepy

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:28:55 AM

As to your questions - as every such system, be it blockchain, tangle, etc., it may and will be used for every purpose ordered data storage can be used. Simply because coins on the market are just immutable, time-ordered databases. The same applies to Bitlattice. It will enable use as coin, but also all else that above mentioned can be used. It will handle contracts as well. Plus some interesting extra features.
The prototype will mainly serve as a coin, but also as a proof of concept and reference implementation.
Yes nodes will be incentivized, proportionally to their participation in network.

As to website. It's not the most important thing right now and also requires some care. So, yes, but it can wait.

BR,
H
Is this going to have privacy integrated?
Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 11:34:32 AM

Is this going to have privacy integrated?

It depends what you mean by such broad statement. It may have tx source scrubbing for instance.

BR,
H

rapi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:42:55 AM

I want to know which programming language you use for a project?
Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:08:39 PM

I want to know which programming language you use for a project?
It's mentioned above, please read.

Kenoa

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:38:00 PM

Looking forward to participation in the testnet. Corresponded with the guys privately, by email.
bitblaster

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

Bit Blaster

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:50:47 AM

Hi developers:
Do you guys have any roadmap for this project?

It's very important to set milestones and targets to meet.  Otherwise this can last forever.

Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:34:34 AM

Hi developers:
Do you guys have any roadmap for this project?

It's very important to set milestones and targets to meet.  Otherwise this can last forever.

Roadmaps work well when you copy/paste and assemble existing technologies. With experiments, like Bitlattice, it's harder.
We have small team and do not plan to extend it fast. We never organized ICO exactly to have peace of mind and time margin to do things properly.
I already mentioned what we do right now. We work on a setup that ensures proper initialization of network. It's something that could be skipped, but is required in our opinion.
From there we'll go with internal tests, then external, then launch. Sounds like a roadmap (and actually is), but due to experimental nature of Bitlattice prediction of precise timing isn't possible (but surely it's nowhere close to forever).

btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:54:46 PM

I am personally very pleased that you are taking this approach. The ICO scene has devolved into greedy meme pools and it is increasingly harder to find a project with a functional prototype. A lean ICO with great token metrics will be more beneficial to the image and success of this project. This is just my opinion of course.
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:11:39 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 12:23:17 PM by Black_bl

@Black_bl -

BR,
H

[/quote]

Hi, thanks for your answers. I hope, you prove your skills in the future. I meant in my post especially Byteball and Aidos Kuneen. They didn't have large team as well as you, but they proved a lot till these days. I wish you nice work!
Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 09:27:50 PM

Hi, thanks for your answers. I hope, you prove your skills in the future. I meant in my post especially Byteball and Aidos Kuneen. They didn't have large team as well as you, but they proved a lot till these days. I wish you nice work!
All depends on project itself, resources at hand and internal strategy. Projects differ and their goals/complexity/features. I prefer delivering all I envisioned, when ready. Just to avoid mess and delays due to need to answer never ending questions (our team is already flooded with them).
Thanks for good wishes.

BR,
H

P.S. Please cut quotations. Just few seconds more and the thread looks better and is readable.

antoinnepy

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:26:03 PM

All depends on project itself, resources at hand and internal strategy. Projects differ and their goals/complexity/features. I prefer delivering all I envisioned, when ready. Just to avoid mess and delays due to need to answer never ending questions (our team is already flooded with them).
Thanks for good wishes.

BR,
H

P.S. Please cut quotations. Just few seconds more and the thread looks better and is readable.
Hibryda,
Any updates on bitlattice?
Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 05:08:48 PM

Hibryda,
Any updates on bitlattice?
If you look up into recent posts you'll spot an update.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: