Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese factors behind the 14 billion marketcap of Bitcoin  (Read 2041 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:10:47 AM

Apparently the general public still hates bitcoin.

I don't think that is the case. A large majority of the general public has never heard about the Bitcoin. Even among those who have heard about the coins, the opinion is mixed. Some people hate it, as Bitcoins are frequently used for ransomware payments and darkmarket purchases. But some others like it, for advantages such as protection against inflation, and anonymity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shecarlin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 06:19:20 AM

The $14 billion marketcap of Bitcoin is a good story for mainstream media. And the Chinese media did release stories as expected. But is the market really driven by Chinese capital market demand or it is just another bubble? You will see the real driving force at the end of this story.

http://news.8btc.com/chinese-factors-behind-the-14-billion-marketcap-of-bitcoin

I think BTC value is real not bubble once traditional currency is reducing value itself due to inflation or weak internal economy.
so to prevent currency reduction, They must keep Bitcoins  now.
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 02:34:03 AM

The $14 billion marketcap of Bitcoin is a good story for mainstream media. And the Chinese media did release stories as expected. But is the market really driven by Chinese capital market demand or it is just another bubble? You will see the real driving force at the end of this story.

http://news.8btc.com/chinese-factors-behind-the-14-billion-marketcap-of-bitcoin

I think BTC value is real not bubble once traditional currency is reducing value itself due to inflation or weak internal economy.
so to prevent currency reduction, They must keep Bitcoins  now.

That's what a economy man would do in his best judgement.

jondeen707

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:01:14 AM

I don't think that is the case. A large majority of the general public has never heard about the Bitcoin. Even among those who have heard about the coins, the opinion is mixed. Some people hate it, as Bitcoins are frequently used for ransomware payments and darkmarket purchases. But some others like it, for advantages such as protection against inflation, and anonymity.

Good point. I don't think this is what's happening either. Most of the general public are still in the dark on Bitcoin. It's that like with all things digital catchy headlines about cases of illegal use of bitcoins draw more attention and tend to stick to their minds for a long time.
jondeen707

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:17:43 AM

So price is going up because ppl that are organizing pyramid schemes are using it? Cmon now...how large should those be to be main driving force?

I find that hard to believe either. Yet bitcoin's liquidity is inherently low, so any major spike in demand may cause a rally like this. According to bitcoin market analysts, it would take a one-time purchase of just $1M to $1.5M to move the price.
Kolder

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:06:56 PM

So price is going up because ppl that are organizing pyramid schemes are using it? Cmon now...how large should those be to be main driving force?

I find that hard to believe either. Yet bitcoin's liquidity is inherently low, so any major spike in demand may cause a rally like this. According to bitcoin market analysts, it would take a one-time purchase of just $1M to $1.5M to move the price.

It is true because bitcoin price is volatile. Just like what happening to the price right now. It keeps pump/dump. 1m$ bulk purchase of btc is really happening right now. Just watch the trading history on polo

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:14:18 PM

Who is general public ? Obviously we are. But we are all love it.
This 14 billion cap is not built by dev alone so that we can say public is not contributing in this. Even 90% of people are not aware of bitcoin yet, bitcoin's growth is already in rapid pace. So, when it goes down to 50% we may not just imagine the market cap.
ether19

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 02:43:30 PM

Chinese are playing a key role in keeping bitcoin at high price. They account a large volume in trading as well as mining bitcoin. No doubts about that. I think in 20 years you will see Indians coming up to the same level as Chinese. I am saying this because India is 20 years behind Chinese and bitcoin is gaining traction slowly in India.
Insticator

Activity: 67

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:45:53 PM

That is right. When I told my friends about the bitcoin, they think it is a Ponzi.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITAR
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1161

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:33:26 PM

This 14 billion cap is not built by dev alone so that we can say public is not contributing in this. Even 90% of people are not aware of bitcoin yet, bitcoin's growth is already in rapid pace. So, when it goes down to 50% we may not just imagine the market cap.

I think that is not right. General people who are brain washed by banking institutions dislike bitcoin. But this is changing when more and more people realize the power, freedom and advantage bitcoin offers.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:06:09 AM

I think that is not right. General people who are brain washed by banking institutions dislike bitcoin. But this is changing when more and more people realize the power, freedom and advantage bitcoin offers.

The change is slow, but it is changing.

Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:22:09 PM

Yes, bitcoin is widely used by hackers and malware developers, but that is not the fault of bitcoin. Fiat cash is used for drugs, crime, terrorism and bad things, I can't find anyone blaming fiat cash as the reason for it!
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:59:08 AM

Yes, bitcoin is widely used by hackers and malware developers, but that is not the fault of bitcoin. Fiat cash is used for drugs, crime, terrorism and bad things, I can't find anyone blaming fiat cash as the reason for it!

That is right. Cash is the king for drug dealing.

Insticator

Activity: 67

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:44:33 AM

Chinese are playing a key role in keeping bitcoin at high price. They account a large volume in trading as well as mining bitcoin. No doubts about that. I think in 20 years you will see Indians coming up to the same level as Chinese. I am saying this because India is 20 years behind Chinese and bitcoin is gaining traction slowly in India.

That could be true at the time. But the influence has reduced a lot recently.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITAR
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: