Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908381 times)
mably

Activity: 376
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:58:08 AM

SEPA withdrawal confirmed by mail on april 6th.

Still waiting for the funds 20 days later  Angry

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AceCoin

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:04:13 AM

after the troubles with sepa and other things, as i said before, on mtgox, i opened a new account in bitstamp,
and the account verification process that taked only 2 days, was a good start...
Sepa issued from bitstamp was of the same import as mtgox withdraw, and i ordered it on 24 april.
Today the sepa arrived on my account. 2 days instead of 2 weeks on mtgox.
Though bitstmamp is more expensive than mtgox, they are more quick and this thing is fine.

but bitstamp don't accept 2-step verification via yubikey, they accept only google authenticator, and you can't use this features if you don't have a smatphone with andorid or ios to install their app.

so for the moment no funds in their e-wallet, and on the webisite only for the time nedded by orders and deposits/withdrawals  Smiley

mably

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:37:33 PM

It's getting scaring, it looks like MtGox just lost my funds  Cry

Hello,

The funds in question have been confirmed as processed on our end on 2013-04-09 and should have already received it. Please contact your bank and check if they have received the transfer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Mt.Gox Support by responding to this email (should the enquiry relate to this ticket).

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team
AceCoin

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:42:38 PM

Hello,

The funds in question have been confirmed as processed on our end on 2013-04-09 and should have already received it. Please contact your bank and check if they have received the transfer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Mt.Gox Support by responding to this email (should the enquiry relate to this ticket).

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Shocked Cry
mably

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:46:08 PM

Hello,

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Shocked Cry

Oops, sorry.  I checked again after received the MtGox email and found that in fact I had received the funds on april 16th on another bank account, so it finally took only 10 days. 

I feel better. Smiley

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:03:22 PM

I wanted to cancel the withdrawal on thursday, no answer now - so I guess it will take at least until Mondat until I can see my money again.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:34:16 PM

Do you have any proof for that? Where do you get your information?

The Mirceau Popescu FUD faucet, I expect.

Yeah. The MP FUD faucet. Except what he says actually happens.

Anyone wanted proof? Or did we all get the news?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:27:58 PM

I wanted to cancel the withdrawal on thursday, no answer now - so I guess it will take at least until Mondat until I can see my money again.

cancellation wasn't a problem
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:57:26 AM

i am still waiting for my money
sepa on 2013/04/09 ,
sbrzol

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:27:31 PM

Hello,

Thank you for waiting and sorry for the delay. We were able to locate the transaction in question. It appears that our bank is still in the middle of processing the funds, and we will keep you updated once the transactions is processed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Let us know if you have any other questions.

**Please note Our bank has a daily withdrawal limit to send out. Therefore, we cannot send more than the limit per day. Our apologies for the
inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

May 06, 2013 20:26

if i am in a queue and you have daily limit than you are able to do some math and can give me an exact date when will i get my money
or you can lie and say that you cannot do this easy math

May 07, 2013 05:23

i am curious what will be the answer ,  but i am sure mtgox are not able to do this simply math , lol
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:06:30 AM

The answer? I can tell you many answers you will receive in advance:

James Support, Apr 27 08:51 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for the email and sorry for the delay. We have cancelled your withdrawal as you requested. Please contact us for further assistance.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

++++++ +++, Apr 25 22:23 (JST):

Hello Mt.Gox Support,

yes, please cancel the withdrawal.

thanks,

+++

James Support, Apr 25 02:20 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for the email. We apologize for inconvenience and yes you can cancel the withdrawal.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

++++++ +++, Apr 24 05:55 (JST):

Hello MtGox Team,

Could you please actually read what I was writing and respond to it?
Bullshitting customers makes them angry.
Is there the possibility to cancel the withdrawal?

Best,

+++

James Support, Apr 24 02:14 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for the email and sorry for the delay. We apologize for inconvenience and we continue to check on this and keep you update regarding this.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

++++++ +++, Apr 23 20:12 (JST):

Hi,

I guess you should know the actual number of your daily limit - and
the queue as well.
So it should not be a problem to calculate when my transactions will
arrive?

Best,

+++

James Support, Apr 22 06:19 (JST):

Hello,

We apologize for inconvenience. We have reached the daily limit for withdrawal that was imposed on us by our bank and all withdrawals are now being queued for processing and all will be processed according to the daily queue and we will keep you updated once processed and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We see that the funds appears that our bank is still in the middle of processing the funds,and we will keep you updated once the transactions is processed.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

++++++ +++, Apr 20 10:34 (JST):

Hello James,

I did 2 withdrawals. If you are having trouble with your SEPA bank
account and already knew about it when I did the first - why did you not
warn me for the second?
Why is there still no warning of delays on your site and you are still
accepting SEPA withdrawals?

Please:

*State what's going on
*Inform your customers on your site
*List alternatives (i.e. cancelling the withdrawal, switch to int.
wire, etc)

Kind Regards,

+++

James Support, Apr 20 04:33 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for the email. We continue to check on it and keep you update regarding this.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

++++++ +++, Apr 19 09:22 (JST):

Hello,

please honour my email with a non-bot response and have a guess on how
long it will take.
Appreciate your honesty.

Many thanks,

+++

James Support, Apr 19 03:24 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We have reached the daily limit for withdrawal that was imposed on us by our bank and all withdrawals are now being queued for processing and all will be processed according to the daily queue and we will keep you updated once processed and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

++++++ +++, Apr 18 09:24 (JST):

Hello,

SEPA transactions must not take longer than a business day inside EU -
this is regulated by law.
Could you enlighten me where the problem lies?

many thanks,

+++

James Support, Apr 18 03:24 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay and we were able to locate the transaction in question. It appears that our bank is still in the middle of processing the funds,and we will keep you updated once the transactions is processed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

++++++ +++, Apr 17 09:38 (JST):

Hello,

my user name is "+++", account number +++. Maybe I was not
totally clear - the problem is that 2 withdrawals of +++EUR each didn't
hit my bank account. Please have a look into this.
2 screenshots attached.

Many thanks,

+++

Attachment(s)
mtgoxsupport1.png
mtgoxsupport2.png

James Support, Apr 17 07:29 (JST):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We are unable to locate your transaction please provide me your user Name or account number and also please send us a scan copy or a screen shot of the transaction and your full name as it appears on your bank account we will have that checked and we will get back to you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

++++++ +++, Apr 16 18:51 (JST):

Hello Mt.Gox support,

the transactions from

2013/04/08 10:18:35 Withdraw Status: confirmed +++€
Withdraw to account +++

and

2013/04/10 00:15:07 Withdraw Status: confirmed +++ €
Withdraw to account +++
never hit my bank account so far.
Do you know of any issues?

Best,

+++

sbrzol

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:47:54 AM

i asked for cancellation ,  if they could cancel it, it means the money is still at mtgox and nothing happen more than 28 days
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:56:10 AM

My best guesses:
#1. They have a daily limit on the account, so they can't pay more than €xxx a day to withdrawal requesters
#2. Their € account is empty and they need to wait till people fund their MtGox account with €'s so they can pay the withdrawal requesters.

To explain 2 a little better: Suppose you start an exchange and 10 people fund their account with in total €1000. They buy 10 bitcoins for €100 each. Next day the bitcoin price explodes and are worth €500 each. If 5 people want to cash their win, it would require €2500 to make this happen, but ... there is only €1000 available. Two withdrawals will take place, three will have to wait...

MtGox claims it's #1 that is causing the delays. You might have another idea.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
AceCoin

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:12:26 AM

i asked for cancellation ,  if they could cancel it, it means the money is still at mtgox and nothing happen more than 28 days

#2. Their € account is empty and they need to wait till people fund their MtGox account with €'s so they can pay the withdrawal requesters.

U GOT IT
mat542

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:10:18 PM

I asked for two SEPA withdraws :
*the first of 9**€ the 2nd of April
*the second of 3**€ the 3rd of April

The 9th of April the second withdraw was processed and I had the 3**€ on my account.
The 16th of April, I became impatient so I created a ticket/request on their "support desk".
The 17th of April they responded with one of their "bot replies". I used the "live chat" function that you can find on the ticket/request page :
Dennis : Hi there. How can I help today?
Me : Hello, Please cancel my SEPA withdraw of 9**€ from the 2013/04/02
Dennis : We have cancelled your withdrawal request. Fund is reversed to your Mt.Gox account
Dennis : Do you need any further assistance
Me : Thanks. Does your international account has daily limit problems like your SEPA account ?
Dennis : Hopefully not minimal to the limit of SEPA withdrawal , they are been
Dennis : processed within two to three business days
Me : Ok, thanks. I'll do an international withdraw then. I added a new withdraw method, called "Bank (international)", that is still in the "validating" process. Could you validate it ?
Dennis : Please give me a few minutes
Dennis : Your bank account is been validated
Me : Thanks a lot.

I did the international withdraw and had my funds on my account the 22nd of April.
If you want a serious response, use the live chat function. It looks like they have full power and aren't simply there to give "bot replies".
Paul89273

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:12:51 PM

I could imagine that their polish bank account was closed and they just dont put out the news.

It's called VOTOS, a new kind of PR.

At least the funds seem to be safe.

Yes, for as long as you don't try to take them out they're safe.

Otherwise, let me make it plain: All the big players have already left. MtGox is without marketplace support at all currently, it was running a fractional reserve, they *may* be able to bring outside capital to cure their shortfall. Maybe.

In general the slower they get leeched the more likely they are to a) be able to borrow money to make up for outbound payments and b) (erroneously) perceive their brand has a value that justifies this effort (or perhaps more importantly - be able to sell the "brand value" to gullible investors).

In short, MtGox currently is a game of musical chairs and what's being decided is how to split the loss pie between users and investors. Since the sort of retards that'd invest in something like MtGox aren't reading me anyway, the best strategy for users is to slowly get everything out. Too much too fast will likely choke them, too slow might mean you're one of the bagholders, asking about "the liquidation" in a year old thread a year from now, just like the Bitcoinica people. Proceed accordingly.

Could you shed some more details on your claim they are running a fractional reserve atm?

Where would you advise users purchase Bitcoins instead of Mt Gox? Also have the big players moved to?

Also apologises for my ignorance but when you say "MtGox is without marketplace support" what does this mean exactly?
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:50:35 PM

My best guesses:
#1. They have a daily limit on the account, so they can't pay more than €xxx a day to withdrawal requesters

To explain 2 a little better: Suppose you start an exchange and 10 people fund their account with in total €1000. They buy 10 bitcoins for €100 each. Next day the bitcoin price explodes and are worth €500 each. If 5 people want to cash their win, it would require €2500 to make this happen, but ... there is only €1000 available. Two withdrawals will take place, three will have to wait...

MtGox claims it's #1 that is causing the delays. You might have another idea.

Think a little more about it. You have a trading platform. Someone gives you 1000 Euro, anotherone 10 BTC. No trade yet.

Now the exchange rate is rising from 100 Euro/BTC to 500 Euro/BTC. Now a trade happens, 2 BTC for 500 Euro each.

There is also 1000 Euro and 10 BTC on your trading platform, as before, nothing really changed for the trading platform (but for the fee).

Offers are possible only for 1000 Euro. Your failure is the 2500 Euro, which does not exist for changing.

Paul89273

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:08:16 PM

Think a little more about it. You have a trading platform. Someone gives you 1000 Euro, anotherone 10 BTC. No trade yet.

Now the exchange rate is rising from 100 Euro/BTC to 500 Euro/BTC. Now a trade happens, 2 BTC for 500 Euro each.

There is also 1000 Euro and 10 BTC on your trading platform, as before, nothing really changed for the trading platform (but for the fee).

Offers are possible only for 1000 Euro. Your failure is the 2500 Euro, which does not exist for changing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does that not just make Mt Gox a Ponzi scheme? Because they have to keep relying on new customers to buy Bitcoins to pay customers who are cashing out?

Furthermore would that explain why it's been over a month now since they confirmed the rumor that they would start trading Litecoins at some point in the future, holding back due to the inevitable that once they start trading Litecoins too then there will be another speculative bubble like there has been in Bitcoins?

Thoughts? MPOE-PR I'd love your opinion too if you come back to this thread
DDreez

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:33:27 PM

Had three SEPA eur withdrawals made april 9th-11th that finally showed up on my account today. One month, pretty ridiculous. Boy them bitcoins are a bit quicker..
Paul89273

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:55:14 PM

Also found out their SEPA limit is only 60,000 euros!

What is the international wire transfer limit?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: