Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:26:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908381 times)
3nrg

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:35:54 AM

Verified account at gox.  Currently waiting over 74 hours for my bitcoin withdraw to confirm in blockchain.

Is that normal, for it to take that long?

Well normal enough for someone to make this site:  http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php

Not sure what the percentages on bad withdraws are but there seems to be a lot at any given time. 

I split my withdraw into three parts as I was aware of the issues.  2/3 withdraws went smoothly, under an hour.  But now waiting over 3 days for one withdraw.  And no response of course from their "support" team. 

A lot? I see 183 (out of who knows how many total transactions). Many of these are over 100 bitcoins. I'm not sure how much you were sending, or what the fiat output is supposed to be, but you must be loaded, to need to send three different transactions. Otherwise you likely only made your situation worse by increasing the chances for something to go wrong...

I hope you get your money. Next time pay a larger fee, $3 is nothing when sending half a million USD....

Gox implements an automatic 0.001 btc fee which is fine for my withdraw amounts.  And by splitting them up I saved myself from a major headache as it was my first transaction that didn't go through and I needed fiat money this week.  I wasn't looking for advice, just stating my situation for others.  Plus gox has had thousands of bad transactions on their part mostly due to a bug in their system.  I consider that a lot even though it may be a small percentage of total.  Frustrating for anyone in a similar situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
severance26

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:24:17 AM

Verified account at gox.  Currently waiting over 74 hours for my bitcoin withdraw to confirm in blockchain.

Is that normal, for it to take that long?

Well normal enough for someone to make this site:  http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php

Not sure what the percentages on bad withdraws are but there seems to be a lot at any given time. 

I split my withdraw into three parts as I was aware of the issues.  2/3 withdraws went smoothly, under an hour.  But now waiting over 3 days for one withdraw.  And no response of course from their "support" team. 

A lot? I see 183 (out of who knows how many total transactions). Many of these are over 100 bitcoins. I'm not sure how much you were sending, or what the fiat output is supposed to be, but you must be loaded, to need to send three different transactions. Otherwise you likely only made your situation worse by increasing the chances for something to go wrong...

I hope you get your money. Next time pay a larger fee, $3 is nothing when sending half a million USD....

Gox implements an automatic 0.001 btc fee which is fine for my withdraw amounts.  And by splitting them up I saved myself from a major headache as it was my first transaction that didn't go through and I needed fiat money this week.  I wasn't looking for advice, just stating my situation for others.  Plus gox has had thousands of bad transactions on their part mostly due to a bug in their system.  I consider that a lot even though it may be a small percentage of total.  Frustrating for anyone in a similar situation.

Fair enough, you weren't looking for advice. I don't know much about lost transactions of this kind. Is there any kind of connection to the transaction type on Gox's end? For instance, is SEPA, Int'l Wire, Domestic, etc a factor? Or have these block losses been all over the board? The website you posted seems to have found a correlation with very large tx's and also with zero fee tx's (which I didn't know Mt Gox did, I'm not even sure how the site knows its MtGox and not unrelated...). I wonder what other correlations there might be...
ozjabi

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:11:00 AM

* Withdrawals

All withdrawals will be sent through the MtGox Polish bank account and will involve a 1% fee with a minimum of 5.5 PLN

Please note the following rules :
- It is not possible to withdraw less than 10 EUR.
- Withdraws lower than 100.00 EUR are on average take less than a week.
- It takes at least a month on average for withdrawals larger than 10,000 EUR
- Withdrawals greater than 50,000 EUR need to be split it into multiple transfers or you can use the International Wire payment method.
- Due to the volume of withdrawals requests, each customer is currently only allowed 1 withdrawal every 20 days (estimate)
 Situation as of 16th January 2014: We are currently processing withdrawals requested 3 weeks ago. (Users with several withdrawals in the queue must take the 20 day rule above into account)

Is this an official announcement?

Sure, its in the FAQ: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21649594-Withdrawals-and-Deposits
Does this correspond to everyone's actual experience?

This is from the FAQ under the "Europe/SEPA Transfers(EUR)" section. I am taking about Japanese domestic transfers, where the same FAQ says:

"* Withdrawals
All JPY withdrawals placed before 4pm Tokyo time on banking days are now processed the following banking day, and will be sent from our JapanNet Bank account."

Which is patently false.
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:01:16 AM

I have about 5 btc in bitstamp and my idea was to transfer them to Gox and take advantage of spread. I thought I just had to wait one or two months for withdrawal then. Was I wrong? Reading this thread I have changed my mind. But on the Italian bitcointalk forum guys told me I would have just to wait a bit more. Need some advice I am a bit new to btc and have teamedonly in bbitstamp so far.

Chancellor

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:31:26 AM

I have about 5 btc in bitstamp and my idea was to transfer them to Gox and take advantage of spread. I thought I just had to wait one or two months for withdrawal then. Was I wrong?
I've had a similar idea, currently MtGox officially state SEPA withdrawals take 6 weeks. Anyway, my withdrawal account, defined in Withdrawal Center is still inactive. Then I do not think that trying to gain on the spread is so good idea. Personally I decided to give it up, too risky.

BTC: 1GRx2H5esyFTucZCt1eX9tjpoqfMrbVHMT
saigo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:38:14 AM

Finally got a reply to the support requests raised regarding my unprocessed withdrawal

"Due to the Japanese holiday, all the withdrawal requests have been piled up and we are currently working to catch up the delays.
We would update you once the withdrawals are processed."

Well, at least they responded with something...  Undecided

Saigō Takamori : ( 1828 – 1877) was one of the most influential samurai in Japanese history. He has been dubbed the last true samurai.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:41:40 AM

Finally got a reply to the support requests raised regarding my unprocessed withdrawal

"Due to the Japanese holiday, all the withdrawal requests have been piled up and we are currently working to catch up the delays.

I too, have noticed that the frequency of responses to my support requests are becoming shorter. this is a good sign, come on MtGox!!! we are still here waiting and we know you can catchup!

Angry

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
severance26

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:51:43 AM

* Withdrawals

All withdrawals will be sent through the MtGox Polish bank account and will involve a 1% fee with a minimum of 5.5 PLN

Please note the following rules :
- It is not possible to withdraw less than 10 EUR.
- Withdraws lower than 100.00 EUR are on average take less than a week.
- It takes at least a month on average for withdrawals larger than 10,000 EUR
- Withdrawals greater than 50,000 EUR need to be split it into multiple transfers or you can use the International Wire payment method.
- Due to the volume of withdrawals requests, each customer is currently only allowed 1 withdrawal every 20 days (estimate)
 Situation as of 16th January 2014: We are currently processing withdrawals requested 3 weeks ago. (Users with several withdrawals in the queue must take the 20 day rule above into account)

Is this an official announcement?

Sure, its in the FAQ: https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21649594-Withdrawals-and-Deposits
Does this correspond to everyone's actual experience?

This is from the FAQ under the "Europe/SEPA Transfers(EUR)" section. I am taking about Japanese domestic transfers, where the same FAQ says:

"* Withdrawals
All JPY withdrawals placed before 4pm Tokyo time on banking days are now processed the following banking day, and will be sent from our JapanNet Bank account."

Which is patently false.

Haha yes that is true. Its totally false. Thats why at the withdrawal center, its written in the pink box that there are delays from New Year. I think that message is intended for domestic transfers but MtGox probably left it intentionally vague so as to seem like an excuse for ALL of their withdrawals having serious delays. They really need better management...
lucaing

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:20:39 AM

I too, have noticed that the frequency of responses to my support requests are becoming shorter. this is a good sign, come on MtGox!!! we are still here waiting and we know you can catchup!

Angry

i got almost the same answer...

"Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I can see that your withdrawal has been confirmed and it will get processed soon. Due to the Japanese holiday, all the withdrawal requests have been piled up and we are currently working to catch up the delays."

Meanwhile i'm still waiting for 2014/01/12 withdrawal

Undecided

ffcitatos

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:46:49 AM

So what is the last SEPA/Japan withdrawal somebody made and how long did it take? It would be nice to have some reliable info from the community to compare with the FAQ.
severance26

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:56:08 PM

I still use them chiefly because of multicurrency support + liquidity, but I take major issue with their communication - I have had support tickets unanswered for days, and they are not at all upfront about their problems.

Yeah, I think this is really their main issue. When they have problems, like recent delays, they dont take responsibility head on. Blame the Japanese banking system like they couldnt have known.

Everyone should ask them to be more upfront in their next support ticket. Maybe if enough people say it, theyll figure it out.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:24:49 PM

I still use them chiefly because of multicurrency support + liquidity, but I take major issue with their communication - I have had support tickets unanswered for days, and they are not at all upfront about their problems.

Yeah, I think this is really their main issue. When they have problems, like recent delays, they dont take responsibility head on. Blame the Japanese banking system like they couldnt have known.

Everyone should ask them to be more upfront in their next support ticket. Maybe if enough people say it, they'll figure it out.
Ya I don't think that's going to happen (the taking responsibility part).  I think they are just f&*)^ed.  Time does move fast in cyrptoland though so there is a chance they sort their S&*^t out before they completely collapse.  I recommend staying away from this site.  New exchanges are popping up in every country so unless you live in Japan what's the point.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:54:15 PM

MtGox exchange loses credibility,and has the lowest trading vulume.
(btce, bitstamp and bitfinex have the larger volume than MtGox)

View Screen Capture

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:07:33 PM

Greetings,

It's been 4 days since the withdraw i asked.
And 2 days since i opened a ticket for this to get informed on what is going on.(No reply after 2 days ! ! ! )

We all know that SEPA transactions are very fast. ( in my case in not International Wire is SEPA for sure, i mention this not to get a reply talking about international wire etc... delays)

So what is going on ? ? ?

Does anyone knows anything about this ?

How hard is for MtGox to make a SEPA transaction  ? ?
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:47:11 AM

Greetings,

And 2 days since i opened a ticket for this to get informed on what is going on.(No reply after 2 days ! ! ! )

We all know that SEPA transactions are very fast. ( in my case in not International Wire is SEPA for sure, i mention this not to get a reply talking about international wire etc... delays)

SEPA transfers take about 3 to 4 weeks. According to MtGox, this is because they have a small(ish) daily quota for outgoing payments at their Polish bank account. That quota, as of now, is supposed to be about 200k€/day = about 6 million €/month. They do report the delay on their faq page. The delay that they report seems to have corresponded with actual experience.

Do not believe anything they imply about SWIFT on their FAQ. They have some issues (probably with regulators) that they're not disclosing, and this means they are not sending regular SWIFT transfers at all. The only SWIFT option that appears to exist is the emergency withdrawal with 5% fee, and even that takes several weeks to be processed.

kutsishin

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:50:11 AM

Has anyone received USD from them since mid November? I haven't Sad

That's pretty much the same time I received my last USD withdrawal (at 5% fee). Haven't tried since..
same here
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:18:18 AM

Greetings,

SEPA transfers take about 3 to 4 weeks. According to MtGox, this is because they have a small(ish) daily quota for outgoing payments at their Polish bank account. That quota, as of now, is supposed to be about 200k€/day = about 6 million €/month. They do report the delay on their faq page. The delay that they report seems to have corresponded with actual experience.

Do not believe anything they imply about SWIFT on their FAQ. They have some issues (probably with regulators) that they're not disclosing, and this means they are not sending regular SWIFT transfers at all. The only SWIFT option that appears to exist is the emergency withdrawal with 5% fee, and even that takes several weeks to be processed.

When you want to buy bitcoins and you deposit in Polish bank it takes 3-4 days to be credited into your acount.(1-2 days to reach the Polish bank)
So the problem is the limit they have as i can undestand but since the ask for this (deposit and withdrawal) is very hi, why they don't establish a new cooperation (firm etc) in London for example? or in Frankfurt? (we all know how UK and Germany approve bitcoin).

That will rise the limit since they are going to have more daily quota....

And one more question... it's been 3 days now with no reply on my ticket...at least they must reply on time ...

Just to make clear i like MtGox and i support it but this is a problem they must solve right now...not in a month...

raskul

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:31:33 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 08:46:21 AM by raskul

I woke up this morning to find myself verified.
I am now going to do an initial test trade, and withdrawal, as I have done with other exchanges, i'll post here when the money hits my bank.
It does look like mtgox are striving to sort things out, so here goes...

EDIT: actually 'now' may be this afternoon when BTC prices rise a bit  Kiss

EDIT2: bank details submitted and currently 'verifying'.

EDIT3: OK, i'd said to myself, the first thing I see on the site that is unusual, or suspect, i'd have to reconsider...

^^^ last price higher than my order ask, and the order hasn't processed. does not fall in line with my obsessive compulsive brain.

as soon as the confusion dissipates, i'm taking back my small amount of BTC.

severance26

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:55:13 AM

Angry

Shorter?  I just got a response on a ticket from 8 days ago.

I have noticed a difference between REPLIES TO OPEN TICKETS and OPENING A TICKET. I had an open ticket and used it to keep an open dialogue, getting replies about every 4 business days. During that time I had a new ticket which took a week to get assigned, and after a second week, I had solved the problem through the already open ticket and closed the new one, not having been responded to after 2 weeks.
raskul

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:21:59 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 01:02:17 PM by raskul

i just did a withdraw of those BTC (as confusion settled)...

transaction ID (supposedly)
d7379fdec3d2bac9c87225ae44fe382cbbf72296058250399195d95e03eb41e9

blockchain says NO. will update if I ever see those coins again.

EDIT: 4 hrs 30mins after request, BTC withdrawal has been received in my wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: