Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:48:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908380 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:32:23 AM

Personally, if I had BTC stuck in MTGOX I would rather sell and have USD in my account when I send my attorney after them for the crap they are likely pulling behind the scenes.

At least USD is more recognized in that situation of getting restitution than BTC. This does not mean Bitcoin is not worth anything in general. It is just with this particular situation of Gox basically stringing their customers/users along on this obviously shady scam exchange they are running.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:48:32 AM

I tried a 10 BTC withdrawal getting nervous about gox, on 1./28 and it hit the blockchain instantaneously so I was pleased and then wad reading more scary news and posts tonight so I went for the remaining amount (about the same) and it's not on the blockchain or in my transfer wallet.

I'm pretty scared what I am reading that it's over. My version of a 10,000 coin pizza perhaps.... I hope not, but this kind of horrible shit does happen.

Cry Angry Sad

njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:07:47 AM

Hey all,

I'm looking for some help tracking down two transactions from MtGox (BTC withdrawals). I have two tx hashes for transactions, one of which was successful, the other which was unsuccessfully. I tried using http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php but it's not finding any of my failed transaction hashes. What's the best way to confirm whether a transaction was successful? These two transactions are for the same amount of BTC and to the same address, so it's hard to tell which actually failed and which succeeded. Any advice?

I currently have 3 withdrawals from MtGox that are stuck in limbo. They total over 3 BTC; one has been in limbo since 01/30/2014, the other two since 02/04/2014. I know I'm not the only one that's facing this issue but just wanted to mention.
biodieselchris

Activity: 579

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 06:15:23 AM

Hey all,

I'm looking for some help tracking down two transactions from MtGox (BTC withdrawals). I have two tx hashes for transactions, one of which was successful, the other which was unsuccessfully. I tried using http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php but it's not finding any of my failed transaction hashes. What's the best way to confirm whether a transaction was successful? These two transactions are for the same amount of BTC and to the same address, so it's hard to tell which actually failed and which succeeded. Any advice?

I currently have 3 withdrawals from MtGox that are stuck in limbo. They total over 3 BTC; one has been in limbo since 01/30/2014, the other two since 02/04/2014. I know I'm not the only one that's facing this issue but just wanted to mention.

I typed an address into that site you linked to and it didn't return anything, what's that all about...

fflx

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:16:26 AM

If the purpose of bitcoin is to be able to transfer it then all wire withdraws aside this is too unsettling.

I am not sure about the Gox banking relationships but I think holding real dollars might be the best bet for any recovery if Gox is insolvent.

Either way, if I can't spend my BTC or get my dollars back this will seriously impact the bitcoin movement and momentum which is sad.  And I am a seller in the near term.
BitPaulo

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:25:16 AM

Hey all,

I remember to read somewhere (sorry don't have the reference) that: if you try to withdraw the same amount of BTC for the same address within a "short (whatever that means)" period of time, they will consider this as a double entry (aka mistake) and they would only complete one transfer.
Maybe researching from this angle would help you find an answer for your problem.

also, I tried to withdraw 2 BTC yesterday and I am still waiting for them... I also withdrawn EUR500 a week ago and I am still waiting for it.

njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:29:42 AM

Looks like skanner.net is broken because they changed their API-exposed data feed without warning Cheesy
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 06:59:30 AM

This continuing delay for what is most likely a majority of users based on success rates of those who have withdrawn funds in multiple smaller amounts, can in my limited technical understanding only indicates on thing
People with some technical understanding can easily see this is a technical issue.  Not an easy one.

Some people with limited technical understanding claim there is a ghost in their computer and return it to the manufacturer when there is a software problem.  I guess this is the equivalent.  MtGox have made about 400k BTC in fees over the years (estimated from volume), and have spent very little of this.  Some in Bitcoin Foundation membership fee and some to buy other companies.  All the evidence is clearly on the technical side.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:23:03 AM

This continuing delay for what is most likely a majority of users based on success rates of those who have withdrawn funds in multiple smaller amounts, can in my limited technical understanding only indicates on thing
People with some technical understanding can easily see this is a technical issue.  Not an easy one.

Some people with limited technical understanding claim there is a ghost in their computer and return it to the manufacturer when there is a software problem.  I guess this is the equivalent.  MtGox have made about 400k BTC in fees over the years (estimated from volume), and have spent very little of this.  Some in Bitcoin Foundation membership fee and some to buy other companies.  All the evidence is clearly on the technical side.

Prove the bolded statement.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Elo

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:27:34 AM

Since they resumed withdrawals, but apparently without fixing any of the issues causing transactions to fail, I attempted another 34 transactions.

Of those, 6 went through. The other 28 are stalled.

That's about an... 82% failure rate. :/
Miles

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:33:33 AM

Mt Gox just can't be insolvent. They're making too much money in fees, and it is not like mining (real mining) where there are massive capex costs and debt from the outset. Sorry Mt Gox haaaaas the money, I really think the problem is with technical competence of the current staff.
Bitnicity

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:01:59 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 09:12:11 AM by Bitnicity

Mt Gox just can't be insolvent. They're making too much money in fees, and it is not like mining (real mining) where there are massive capex costs and debt from the outset. Sorry Mt Gox haaaaas the money, I really think the problem is with technical competence of the current staff.

I wouldn't abandon this ship if i were sitting on this fucking juicy gold mine, they have the highest trading fees on the planet and they also possibly  run their own pro trading machines that generate even more profits, ie take advantage of the huge manipulated arbitrage premium, this supposedly is the most profitable bitcoin business operation ever existed,  but their incompetence is just eroding their money making "moat"  ;

this business could easily be a $500m valuation in a VC's eyes, just make me difficult to rationalize and they must be damn insane to take $40m client fund and risking of going to jail, v.s staying float on digging out their gold every fucking minute.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 09:05:18 AM

People with some technical understanding can easily see this is a technical issue.  Not an easy one.

Some people with limited technical understanding claim there is a ghost in their computer and return it to the manufacturer when there is a software problem.  I guess this is the equivalent.  MtGox have made about 400k BTC in fees over the years (estimated from volume), and have spent very little of this.  Some in Bitcoin Foundation membership fee and some to buy other companies.  All the evidence is clearly on the technical side.
You know very well it is just as impossible to prove the bold statement as proving or disproving the underlined statement.

MtGox made a commitment a very long time ago (2011) to not sell their BTC, and only use it as a currency for purchases, etc.  They will pay salaries in BTC as well, but when MT was asked about this last year he said none of his employees had asked for that.  The known purchases are a website or two, an exchange in Poland (17k BTC, the largest I know of) and their Bitcoin Foundation membership fees (25k BTC the first year iirc, much lower now).

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
pedro82

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:44:16 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:00:09 AM by pedro82

The new year holiday message they present in their site at almost mid February doesn't look like a technical problem nor even an excuse . It looks like an abandon Ship !  Shocked

I really can't undersant how did a market like this could stand for so long, who the hell on earth would deposit money in their bank accounts to buy btc,  10% more expensive than the rest of exchangers. A market like this should quickly increase spread (many people selling, few buying) and blown it self, it never happened !

Other thing i can't understand is how they did to manage to be one of largest in volume transaction, even now days when you can't do there nothing more than bare your money.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:49:56 AM

The new year holiday message they present in their site at almost mid February doesn't look like a technical problem nor even a excuse . It looks like an abandon ShipShocked

I really can't undersant how did a market like this could stand for so long, who the hell on earth would deposit money in their bank accounts to buy btc,  10% more expensive than the rest of exchangers. A market like this should quickly increase spread (many people selling, few buying) and blown it self, it never happened !

Other thing i can't understand is how they did to manage to be one of largest in volume transaction, even now days when you can't do there nothing more than bare your money.

Because greed and sloth make people stupid.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
jack0m
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1988

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:10:57 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 10:37:25 AM by jack0m

From last update i read: "Smaller transactions should be fine in the meantime"

@MtGox, Please define "Smaller". I made three attempts to withdraw 0.8 BTC, then 0.5 and 0.4999 respectively, all ended up in a failure.
So how small must be any "smaller transaction" to succeed? Smaller than what??

Besides, I have a SEPA withdrawal still in confirmed status since 2014-01-02 21:31:32 GMT

Weren't they processing Dec 30th requests on Sunday, according to sturle?

Any news highly appreciated

Money is a hoax. Debt is slavery. Consumerism is toxic.
MikeH

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:05:29 AM

my support ticket for failed withdrawal hasn't even been assigned to anyone after 3 days - not even a copy/pasted generic response, whyyy.

whave

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:23:25 AM

@MtGox, Please define "Smaller". I made three attempts to withdraw 0.8 BTC, then 0.5 and 0.4999 respectively, all ended up in a failure.

Besides, I have a SEPA withdrawal still in confirmed status since 2014-01-02 21:31:32 GMT

Please DO tell us when your SEPA has finally gone out, so we can get a rought estimate how delayed are they... Smiley
pedro82

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:29:40 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 11:41:07 AM by pedro82

Please DO tell us when your SEPA has finally gone out, so we can get a rought estimate how delayed are they... Smiley

The question is... are they processing SEPA transfers these days ? i guess not !  Shocked
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:48:00 AM

You know very well it is just as impossible to prove the bold statement as proving or disproving the underlined statement.

MtGox made a commitment a very long time ago (2011) to not sell their BTC, and only use it as a currency for purchases, etc.  They will pay salaries in BTC as well, but when MT was asked about this last year he said none of his employees had asked for that.  The known purchases are a website or two, an exchange in Poland (17k BTC, the largest I know of) and their Bitcoin Foundation membership fees (25k BTC the first year iirc, much lower now).

So much for facts backed up by evidence. Just because you say something, it doesn't make it true.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: