Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:00:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908375 times)
btc237ftw

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

hello,

After many failed attempts I had a successfull 0.01 BTC withdraw and right after I tried 5 BTC withdrawal and it both went through successfully. After that I tried a larger amount and it got stuck.

This is clearly a technichal issue,

Now I need my account to be "refunded" on the Gox balance and try again later, as it seems they are working on this issue.

Wanted to let you guys know my experience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:45:57 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 03:17:44 AM by jermwerty

I found mine in there too! So how do we get out of the bad transx log and into the good one? Any thoughts?

You wait only 5-7 days if lucky and retry and hope you don't get suck for another 5-7 days...

Describe the first thing that comes to mind when I say this word:  MTGOX

If you answered "INEPT" you win a prize...

---------------

Hey I was a programmer once upon a time, I do not envy these guys at all.  This is a huge bug it seems that has just gotten much worse recently.  But still makes me wonder why they didn't take this seriously back in Oct/Nov when it happened back then...
LarryLiu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:10:20 AM

A quick preliminary analysis of the failed transactions' block info suggests there perhaps is a legitimate technical issue here. Those failures seem to be "timing" related. Bad wallet/transaction timing issue could occur if they're experimenting with some kind of new concurrent process for trading and/or  withdraws, or trying to cycle/reuse wallet addresses. I'm speculating that some withdraws from certain addresses took place before the addresses are  actually being credited (from another concurrent transaction process). If this is indeed what is happening, a simple but inefficient solution for Gox is just to keep re-attempt the failed transactions, perhaps shuffle the order of the TXs a little bit before each try. Eventually it should workout on its own.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

It's been happening for at least a couple of months ......................

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:15:46 AM

Again, to complain to the US SEC, call (202) 942-8088. If you're in the US and Mt. Gox owes you money, do this now.

This guy's great. Been posting here for more than two years, targeting Gox for at least half that long. 

During that time, does he deposit $200 at Gox so he can take these steps himself?

Nooooooooooo.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:18:54 AM

WTH.  I was 0 for 8 yesterday and 0 for 5 today.  I would have better luck playing the lottery... or maybe trying to brute force some public addresses with my old Thinkpad!

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
LarryLiu

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:23:03 AM

It's been happening for at least a couple of months ......................

I thought the widespread BTC withdraw delay was a problem started just recently. The delay of fiat withdraws could be an entirely different issue.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:26:36 AM

Can someone on this thread explain to me why anyone, ANYONE, would have traded at Gox in the last 6 months when there are others exchanges that are cheaper, faster, more secure and actually do WITHDRAWALS?

I can't for the life of me understand why any of you have coins or fiat there. Unless you are brand new to the bitcoin world and somehow figured out how to get verified and deposit there while somehow missing any of the literally thousands of posts on why that would be a bad idea, then I just don't understand what you people are doing.
LarryLiu

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:31:34 AM

Can someone on this thread explain to me why anyone, ANYONE, would have traded at Gox in the last 6 months when there are others exchanges that are cheaper, faster, more secure and actually do WITHDRAWALS?

I can't for the life of me understand why any of you have coins or fiat there. Unless you are brand new to the bitcoin world and somehow figured out how to get verified and deposit there while somehow missing any of the literally thousands of posts on why that would be a bad idea, then I just don't understand what you people are doing.

Another evidence that bitcoiners are not necessarily anti-establishment  Tongue
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:34:51 AM

this is awesome!
may I ask you the amount? roughly?
About 10BTC.

how are people like him getting 10 bitcoins? lying?
I have my BTC in different places : local wallet, blockchain, btc-e, bitstamp, cold storage ...

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
Bitnicity

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:36:30 AM

it only takes 5 seconds to explain this,  because you can still do relative arbitrage given greater volatility on Gox v.s other exchanges, this is what we call volatility arbitrage and Gox is the dreamland for intraday traders as well, it really is irrelevant whether you could withdraw fiat or not (they actually never withdraw fiat) so long as BTC withdrawal works; it is obvious now that the music stops coz coin withdrawals became dysfunctional  
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:41:25 AM

it only takes 20 second to explain this,  because you can still do relative arbitrage given greater volatility on Gox v.s other exchanges, this is what we call volatility arbitrage and Gox is the dreamland for intraday traders as well, it really is irrelevant whether if you could withdraw fiat or not (they actually never withdraw fiat) so long as BTC withdrawal works; it is obvious now that the musics stops coz coin withdrawals became dysfunctional  

I get that. But that is so much stupidity in my opinion. Gox has clearly been unstable for months (years arguably). On exchanges like Bitfinex you can trade margin, so you actually have greater earning potential than with the increased volatility on Gox.

No offense, but some people have to learn the hard way I suppose. I just hope you guys can get out or will get out before we find out whether Gox is a sinking ship or not.
eurgbp2011

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:44:00 AM

2013/10/23 14:08:19   Withdraw   Status: confirmed   $549.00000   $0.79849
2013/11/05 22:59:51   Withdraw   Status: confirmed   $2,563.00000   $0.38019

Justin Support, Dec 29 23:56:
Thank you for the email and we have merged your tickets for better follow up. Sorry for the delay in responding to you, we are currently experiencing a very high volume of support requests. I understand that this is frustrating, especially as we are unable to treat some tickets as more urgent than others. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Currently we are facing few backlogs and we do not have an ETA for international withdrawals. We are in the process of forming relationship with new partners, banks, and taking other steps to clear the backlog. Your withdrawal request is currently in the queue and we will update you once the request is processed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

You have an alternate option to withdraw funds through SEPA which will take less than 3 weeks to be processed. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

So far nothing in my SEPA bank account ...
Nice.....

but for 2013/11/19 17:29:14   Withdraw   Status: pending   103.00000 €   0.80143 €
I got withdrawal month ago from Poland it was
Bitnicity

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:48:12 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 04:19:10 AM by Bitnicity

it only takes 20 second to explain this,  because you can still do relative arbitrage given greater volatility on Gox v.s other exchanges, this is what we call volatility arbitrage and Gox is the dreamland for intraday traders as well, it really is irrelevant whether if you could withdraw fiat or not (they actually never withdraw fiat) so long as BTC withdrawal works; it is obvious now that the musics stops coz coin withdrawals became dysfunctional  

I get that. But that is so much stupidity in my opinion. Gox has clearly been unstable for months (years arguably). On exchanges like Bitfinex you can trade margin, so you actually have greater earning potential than with the increased volatility on Gox.

No offense, but some people have to learn the hard way I suppose. I just hope you guys can get out or will get out before we find out whether Gox is a sinking ship or not.

Up until recently, Gox is still viewed as safe place to play million dollar trade given its long standing position in the market; at least you know who the founder is (and he is board director of Bitcoin Foundation) and it is located in Japan, a more established country;  I don't think people are willing to entrust sizable allocation to BTC-e or Bitfinex; but it turned out now the incompetence totally wrote off  Gox credibility forever, it failed every bitconer miserably.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:52:26 AM

Isn't Bitfinex that thing associated with the ~unclescrooge kid?  I'd trust Karpeles about 20 times farther that I would him.  Even now!

Just out of curiosity I visited their website and the 'about us' part which I always do since I won't send any significant money to someone I cannot track down.  Here's what I see:

---
The Bitfinex trading platform is currently in a beta phase (testing phase). The Company is incorporated in Hong Kong as a Limited Liability Corporation. Once the beta phase testing is complete the system will go live under the company name.
---

The only name I see on a whois for the domain is: '-, Raphael'.

I'll certainly not be surprised if they have a little 'Oops, hacked.  All the money is gone' moment.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:59:58 AM

Isn't Bitfinex that thing associated with the ~unclescrooge kid?  I'd trust Karpeles about 20 times farther that I would him.  Even now!

Just out of curiosity I visited their website and the 'about us' part which I always do since I won't send any significant money to someone I cannot track down.  Here's what I see:

---
The Bitfinex trading platform is currently in a beta phase (testing phase). The Company is incorporated in Hong Kong as a Limited Liability Corporation. Once the beta phase testing is complete the system will go live under the company name.
---

I'll certainly not be surprised if they have a little 'Oops, hacked.  All the money is gone' moment.

And what is your excuse for not trading on Bitstamp?

Good luck with Gox.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:13:08 AM

I have read bad things about every bitcoin exchange in existence that I know of.  Pick your poison I guess.  

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:31:43 AM

---
---

And what is your excuse for not trading on Bitstamp?

Good luck with Gox.

Last I looked, Bitstamp was operating in some FSU block country but had a shell in GB.  Couldn't see any names associated with either.

Then they locked up people's BTC after just posting some brief warning on Facebook that the wanted DOX.  Didn't even send a e-mail.

I wouldn't touch them with a 10' pole.

Coinbase is actually exceeding all of my expectations and I've put considerable money through them.  OTOH, I don't expect any financial privacy whatsoever.  In my use-case it is not necessary though.  I'd like to have a backup, but I'm now at the point where I don't need one.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 04:41:00 AM

Again, to complain to the US SEC, call (202) 942-8088. If you're in the US and Mt. Gox owes you money, do this now.

This guy's great. Been posting here for more than two years, targeting Gox for at least half that long. 

During that time, does he deposit $200 at Gox so he can take these steps himself?

Nooooooooooo.
I can't claim fraud, having stated publicly that I thought Gox was a fraud.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:47:35 AM

Why MtGox?

... well, before August, I was able to withdraw to my bank account in a few days.
Gox was using Technocash to do that in Aus.
Then Technocash got shut down due to money laundering.

So I went to Weex - I knew of the director pretty well so that seemed OK.
Biggest problem there was of course the crap volume so selling BTC meant you had to expect at least a 10-20% loss.
Withdrawing there was working fine.
Then in November Weex took all our BTC and still haven't said what happened to it (and have so far only returned 6.175%)
Yeah that one sucked bad, no one should ever trust them again.

Then MtGox keeps going on about how they were sorting out transactions and looking into new avenues.
Yes, I agree, it was silly of me to believe all those fucked up lies they have made, but when you do actually need money from your BTC, it seemed reasonable to believe them ... they did work well for me before August.
So in November I moved some BTC to MtGox, had to REDO my account verification since they wouldn't actually let me keep my 3 old accounts, could only redo one of them by their new rules, wasted those weeks doing that, then withdrew $1k on 5th Dec (and another $1k on 6th Dec)
I also guess it's pretty evil of both Tux and whoever the girl is in the IRC channel, to lead people on they way they do ... they should simply point out that you won't get your money for months (at best) since they know that, but they just can't resist the lure of 100's of 1000's of $ a day in transaction fees going into their pockets rather than solving the shit MtGox is in. Greed and they don't give a shit, seems is what it is.
Yes it is clear now for me to stay away from MtGox.
Maybe one day in the far future they'll send my $2k to me, or maybe they'll just steal it and I'll never see it again. Sigh.
(I will point out that their web hosting site - kalyhost - also ripped me off - their support was never able to supply me with a VPS for 3 months and never gave me a refund ... so I guess it's just more of the same from Tux and his "we're too busy making money to give a shit" support team)

Yes, now up to 28hrs and counting for my 7+BTC withdrawal.
The stats on the "we fucked up doing your withdrawal and you gonna have to wait sucker" php now say:
5442, up 246 from about 2 hours ago.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: