Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:08:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908381 times)
jack0m
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1988

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:47:41 AM

Also has anybody used the http://skanner.net/MtGox/cwithdrawal.php to cancel withdrawal? I wouldnt really trust the site to give away my credentials.

I had used them. You only need to create an API key with "deposit" and "getinfo" access rights, therefore there is no chance you're going to lose any funds etc. Just follow their step-by-step guide how to create the key. You are not giving them any credentials this way.

Cancelling is immediate. Then you can (and should) delete the API key you created previously. Easy as a pie.

Whave, I tried to cancel the request. I followed the steps mentioned on the skanner site. But then the amount of the withdrawal to be credit back to my acount was minus the fee ( 1%). Does it mean that Mtgox will charge me for the fee anyway? Is there a way to get back the fee?

that's odd. They didn't charge me any fee. Did you double check on your account history? You should have two entries for Withdraw/Deposit by the exact same amount

Money is a hoax. Debt is slavery. Consumerism is toxic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whave

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:52:36 AM

Also has anybody used the http://skanner.net/MtGox/cwithdrawal.php to cancel withdrawal? I wouldnt really trust the site to give away my credentials.

I had used them. You only need to create an API key with "deposit" and "getinfo" access rights, therefore there is no chance you're going to lose any funds etc. Just follow their step-by-step guide how to create the key. You are not giving them any credentials this way.

Cancelling is immediate. Then you can (and should) delete the API key you created previously. Easy as a pie.

Whave, I tried to cancel the request. I followed the steps mentioned on the skanner site. But then the amount of the withdrawal to be credit back to my acount was minus the fee ( 1%). Does it mean that Mtgox will charge me for the fee anyway? Is there a way to get back the fee?

Don't worry about that. I have cancelled a 1000EUR withdrawal, and the API said it would be 990EUR, but after the cancel 1000EUR was added to my balance.
BitPaulo

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:02:38 AM

that's odd. They didn't charge me any fee. Did you double check on your account history? You should have two entries for Withdraw/Deposit by the exact same amount

So you want to buy cheap BTC, I understand that part. But, are you not worried not being able to withdraw anything? Can I ask, what is your strategy?
psilos

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:03:15 AM

Don't worry about that. I have cancelled a 1000EUR withdrawal, and the API said it would be 990EUR, but after the cancel 1000EUR was added to my balance.

Thanx Whave, that s what I thought as well.
severance26

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:26:45 AM

fiat jpy withdrawal submitted on jan 27th just went through this afternoon.

thats 14 business days. 6 day increase from one on jan 6 that was 8 business days.

Fiat SEPA withdrawal submitted on jan 7th just went through this mornig.

aren´t you pissed by  not being able to buy some goxxies for under 200 Euros now???

as soon as it arrived, i sent some of it back Tongue

and it was instant. no joke. literally, instant. thats the gawks for you.
psilos

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:28:07 AM

So you want to buy cheap BTC, I understand that part. But, are you not worried not being able to withdraw anything? Can I ask, what is your strategy?

Well, I m just taking a risk and hope for the best Smiley

I am not planning to buy any big amount of BTCs. So even a daily limit of 1-3 BTCS would be enough for me.

In addition I am wondering what is more likely: 1) Mtgox is short of BTCs 2) Mtgox is short of cash. In the latter case , it means that buying BTCs and trying to sell them in another exhcange (provided that you manage to get them out of gox) gives you your money back..and faster than waiting for 4-6 weeks for the SEPA.

BTCalexxx2.0

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:46:43 AM

Well, I m just taking a risk and hope for the best Smiley

Better hope to find another fool to buy your crap for 70% free coins and realize some nice profit right on spot.
jack0m
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1988

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:58:26 AM

are you seriously interested in my strategy? You do realize I'm just a newbie here, hence not in the position to give any advice to expert people.
I'm just trying to maximize the probability to get back what I put (my big mistake) into Gox, according to currently available information. And it seems quite clear that fiat withdrawal are more likely to succeed if they are split into smaller amounts... but then comes into play the infamous 20 days rule, so it's always a trade-off.
As soon as I canceled the biggest withdrawal for 10k€, the first one for 1k€ changed its status to pending. Then I submitted a new withdrawal for a lower amount and yes, I also bought a few of those cheap btc, just to leave all options open...

Money is a hoax. Debt is slavery. Consumerism is toxic.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:01:50 AM

thats 14 business days. 6 day increase from one on jan 6 that was 8 business days.

aren´t you pissed by  not being able to buy some goxxies for under 200 Euros now???

Nops , How do you expect to withdraw your coins then ? What market is telling us is that the chances to withdraw your  gox.coins  is 200/500 = 40 % . maybe that's what you will be able to withdraw when they open coin windows.

if you sell them at bitcoinbuilder you still have a 20 % markup on your money -  weird isn´t it?
psilos

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:08:22 AM

aren´t you pissed by  not being able to buy some goxxies for under 200 Euros now???

Nops , How do you expect to withdraw your coins then ? What market is telling us is that the chances to withdraw your  gox.coins  is 200/500 = 40 % . maybe that's what you will be able to withdraw when they open coin windows.

Could u please elaborate a bit more on how did you conclude to the 40% chance?
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:16:28 AM

reporting in:

my <1k euro transaction from first week of january came through sepa today.
didn´t expect to see that happening ever...

It is like the wild west in the movies, like russia in the 90ies.
It´s you, revolutionaries, scamers, gangsters, genuises, greedy soon-to-be loosers, billionares, and  big business at a global private party. It is bitcoin. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/
severance26

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:19:49 AM

dont feed the trolls, man
BTCalexxx2.0

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:22:39 AM

He obviously just did the simple math to divide the Gox market price by the the Bitstamp rate e.g.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:29:50 AM

I made a crude back-of-the envelope calculation back last year suggesting that if Gox is actually under water, it's only a few million total (when their orderbook is tens of millions). So, the people shouting "GOX IS INSOLVENT", please back your claim up with some kind of evidence or reasoning.

About the recent BTC withdrawal issue, evidence would be easy to gather from the blockchain. If you're suggesting someone scammed huge amounts of BTC out of Gox.

Am suggesting you tell us who is selling at MT. Gox...thats real selling of not so real Goxcoins!

So there it is the proof of their bankruptcy not able to be explained or hoped away !

Who can and would do so...?   right!  Who can´t sell at bitstamp ?  right!

Why he would do so...?  right !  Who pays the bill...?    right again?  here we go !

whave

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:43:22 AM

I made a crude back-of-the envelope calculation back last year suggesting that if Gox is actually under water, it's only a few million total (when their orderbook is tens of millions). So, the people shouting "GOX IS INSOLVENT", please back your claim up with some kind of evidence or reasoning.

About the recent BTC withdrawal issue, evidence would be easy to gather from the blockchain. If you're suggesting someone scammed huge amounts of BTC out of Gox.

Am suggesting you tell us who is selling at MT. Gox...thats real selling of not so real Goxcoins!

So there it is the proof of their bankruptcy not able to be explained or hoped away !

Who can and would do so...?   right!  Who can´t sell at bitstamp ?  right!

Why he would do so...?  right !  Who pays the bill...?    right again?  here we go !

Just W T F are you talking about man?

I really don't see why these people who know everything, including the future, are into forum guessing games instead of e.g. going to a BTC betting page and doing all kinds of gambling.

I've seen "mtgoxisdead" people in 2012 and 2013 as well. The site was always, ALWAYS back up after every hack, ddos, market plunge, technical difficulty, and the smartie guys who predicted coin-armageddon shut up and disappeared, or just acted like they haven't been spreading fud for the last x months.

Right now, you DON'T KNOW JACK about how it's gonna end. You or me or anyone else on these boards has insufficient info to predict anything. Some of us realise this and doesn't get into wild guessing.

Some people act like they know what's going to happen, and they look like fools.

In the end, the real fools will be who actually lost money due to not thinking clearly because of the panic.

(of course, above does not stand for ppl who are actually suffering because of the wire transfer/USD issues. But there are LOTS of people who don't care about USD/IWT at all).
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:56:22 AM

What I'm thinking is that the current situation is very good for those who have USD stuck at Gox, since they can buy the cheap GoxBTC and withdraw the BTC once Gox opens the withdrawals. Done the right way (selling other BTC from stash somewhere else and withdrawing the USD) this could make a handsome profit.
BitPaulo

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:04:53 PM

are you seriously interested in my strategy? You do realize I'm just a newbie here, hence not in the position to give any advice to expert people.
I'm just trying to maximize the probability to get back what I put (my big mistake) into Gox, according to currently available information. And it seems quite clear that fiat withdrawal are more likely to succeed if they are split into smaller amounts... but then comes into play the infamous 20 days rule, so it's always a trade-off.
As soon as I canceled the biggest withdrawal for 10k€, the first one for 1k€ changed its status to pending. Then I submitted a new withdrawal for a lower amount and yes, I also bought a few of those cheap btc, just to leave all options open...

Well I am just curious to hear different opinions. As I am in a very similar position as you and I want to think properly what options I have and the risk for each option.
pedro82

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:10:28 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 12:21:40 PM by pedro82

He obviously just did the simple math to divide the Gox market price by the the Bitstamp rate e.g.

Correct !  but prices in EUR/btc , so gox price against bitcoin.de price. 

That's what the market price is telling us all ! people that buy and sell coins consider gox.coin about 60 % less valuable than other coins. That’s a measured perception of risk !
whave

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:11:38 PM

What I'm thinking is that the current situation is very good for those who have USD stuck at Gox, since they can buy the cheap GoxBTC and withdraw the BTC once Gox opens the withdrawals. Done the right way (selling other BTC from stash somewhere else and withdrawing the USD) this could make a handsome profit.

THIS.

Does it have any risks? OF COURSE, everything does! The naysayers might be right; mtgox might be going down. I don't think so, but I don't know any more than they do.

Or value could collapse by the time they finally enable transactions.

Risks.

Or we might just double our invested moniez if we succeed in selling GoxBTC on bitstamp etc.

We will see. No place for guessing, silent speculation is the best.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

THIS.

Does it have any risks? OF COURSE, everything does! The naysayers might be right; mtgox might be going down. I don't think so, but I don't know any more than they do.

Or value could collapse by the time they finally enable transactions.

Risks.

Or we might just double our invested moniez if we succeed in selling GoxBTC on bitstamp etc.

We will see. No place for guessing, silent speculation is the best.

either way, I don't trust gox and wouldn't want to take the risk, even if I was 99.99999999% sure that any btc I bought at a low price would be released, i still don't like them. sensibility over greed.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: