Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908377 times)
bitcoinaarush

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:07:03 PM

What the fuck is the tribunal doing?
Couldn't they just split the remaining bitcoins and give them to us?
What's the point of waiting?
You had your coins stolen.  You should count them as gone.  If the liquidation is not derailed, one day you will get back about 20% of what you lost.  Then you should count that as a lucky windfall.   Unfortunately, that is how it works when companies go bankrupt.

20%?? Where do I have to sign?

Is that true? How can I get back my 20%?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:43:53 PM

You had your coins stolen.  You should count them as gone.  If the liquidation is not derailed, one day you will get back about 20% of what you lost.  Then you should count that as a lucky windfall.   Unfortunately, that is how it works when companies go bankrupt.

why don't you just read??? the proof of claims form will be available at www.mtgox.com

When they update us for this i'm sure you will know it.... we all wait for that!

But let me ask you all here something.

Mark knows 5-6 programming languages right? Have you seen the documentary movie "THE RISE & RISE of BITCOIN"  if no do it ASAP!
Please pay attention how they entered the server room, he went personaly in and forced them to close the cameras and allowed only part of the room to be record - photo. To me this does not show a 28 year old guy that does not know what he is doing....
After you see the movie please answer me on that: do you think BTC left his "building" from a bug or theft??? Huh?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:07:15 PM

why don't you just read??? the proof of claims form will be available at www.mtgox.com

When they update us for this i'm sure you will know it.... we all wait for that!

Mark knows 5-6 programming languages right? Have you seen the documentary movie "THE RISE & RISE of BITCOIN"  if no do it ASAP!
Please pay attention how they entered the server room, he went personaly in and forced them to close the cameras and allowed only part of the room to be record - photo. To me this does not show a 28 year old guy that does not know what he is doing....
After you see the movie please answer me on that: do you think BTC left his "building" from a bug or theft??? Huh?

What is your point? Seems like you are all over the place when talking about mark and the "theft" or "bug".

I watched the documentary and all I see is a scammer.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:53:46 PM

What is your point? Seems like you are all over the place when talking about mark and the "theft" or "bug".

Not a conspiracy theorist here, but to my understanding he (bitcoinvest) has a point. Watched the documentary too and all I saw was a perfectly settled up company and a rather cautious CEO. Something here does not fit. This can't prove anything though. Nor it can argue with the fact that his company is responsible for all the losses.

I'd carefully watch for MtGox news in the future. Something tells me that we're not done with MK or his company yet.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:29:06 PM

it's not the first time that i say i lost 99% of my btc on mtgox.com.

So the last thing would be to say, theft or bug?  all i know at the end of the day is that Mark owns me my BTC - MtGox.com

So i'm not supporting anyone. But people.. some parts (like macsga added) do not match! you can't be Sumacher for example and forget your Formula 1 car when going to race.. ( by the way i hope that he is doing fine and will see him soon) .

bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:34:52 PM

just to mention that i went just now to mtgoxprotest.com and working again.

any news about our btc?? up to now also i see bitcoins.com has not sold
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:26:52 AM

Latest Gox report:
https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20141126_document.pdf

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:39:19 AM

This one is much more interesting: https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20141126_announcement.pdf
DrApricot

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:30:06 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 01:02:03 AM by DrApricot

MtGox’s servers and PCs (formatted after deleting all the saved data and software) will be handed over to Payward. All of those assets are located in Japan. Copies of the data (including personal information) and software stored on the server, etc. will remain with and managed by the bankruptcy trustee and used for purposes of examination, administration of properties, and bankruptcy distribution. They will not be included in the transferred assets turned over to Payward.
Ridiculous that all of the hard drives will be scratched. Hard drives are cheap. Kraken should go out to Fry's and buy their own. Good way to destroy the evidence by copying and erasing the originals. These drives should all be held in escrow until such time as all investigations have reached their final conclusion. Are we forgetting that hundreds of millions in BTC and fiat are supposedly missing, or is that just another fairy story, like the one about transaction malleability having somehow been involved with this theft ?

According to another report that I read, Kraken will not even be allowed to directly interview Mark Karpeles, who probably knows more than anyone about what happened. They must submit all questions through Mr. Kobayashi. This doesn't pass the smell test, and doesn't sound like a very serious investigation coming so late in the game--nine months after Mt. Gox collapsed.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:40:06 AM

http://youtu.be/otvYeCwQO8s

Just found it Smiley  we got Goxed video Smiley

at least now kobayashi informed us will take legal action against Mark Karpeles and Tibanne ....

btcinsight

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:29:48 PM

Why Karpeles is not even considered as a suspect is beyond me.

- Hundreds of millions are missing
- It has been proven that he lied about TM
- Some data has been corrupted / destroyed according to Kobayashi himself
- He was in the best position to manipulate data and steal the coins

What do they need more Huh

Bitrated user: 2btcinsight.
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:48:57 PM

Why Karpeles is not even considered as a suspect is beyond me.

- Hundreds of millions are missing
- It has been proven that he lied about TM
- Some data has been corrupted / destroyed according to Kobayashi himself
- He was in the best position to manipulate data and steal the coins

What do they need more Huh

I'm lost on this one also.

Let's say for the sake of argument he had no malintent and really did lose all those coins. In that case he was at least extremely (if not criminally) negligent and you should bring him before a civil court and get some compensation.

He did get rich by operating the exchange, why should you settle for a loss?
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:49:05 PM

Whats most interesting is the amount in loans karpeles is being asked to pay back:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ngtog/so_mark_karpeles_currently_has_a_personal_loan_of/

Great to see kraken on board, i smell a fraud charge coming MKs way.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:29:40 PM

updates on www.mtgoxprotest.com and Kolin Burges

Thanks Oliver for the updates !
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:21:19 AM

Good report!

I disagree with the assessment that no progress has been made.  It may be less than what the creditors expected, but is more than what I expected.  Even simple bankruptcy procedures are slow, and this one is quite unusual and complicated.  Kobayashi must folow legal procedures at every step, document his actions and other people's reactions, give sufficient time for formal replies...

I find it quite encouraging that Kobayashi is actively trying to get back the money that Mark took:

Karpeles and his companies are seemingly not giving the $13 million back that they took from MtGox. [ ... ] After pressure from Kobayashi to repay he now says he will try to repay it after he raises the funds. [ ... ] His company Shade 3D which owes $3m has provided a repayment plan which Kobayashi didn't accept, in other words Karpeles would not agree to pay it back in any acceptable way. [ ... ] If they don't produce a better plan they will be forced into bankruptcy by Kobayashi. [ ... ] The Bitcoin Cafe owes around $550,000 but there is a dispute with the amount and now a petition to bankrupt the company has been filed. [ ... ] Karpeles has a personal “loan” of around $1.2 million from MtGox, and he has not provided a replayment plan. In other words it doesn't seem like he's planning to pay it back. So Kobayashi will take legal action if this continues.

I guess that the "legal action" in the last sentence would be criminal charges for fraudulent management (when managers spend lots of company money on their own salaries,  or in other ways that will end up in their pockets, while creditors are unpaid).  In that case his personal properties will be seized and auctioned (as they did with Madoff).

On the other hand, it is indeed likely that most of that money was spent and cannot be recovered.  Unless Mark, threatened with jail time, suddenly "finds another old format bitcoin wallet that he had forgotten about"

My reading is also that Kobayashi and the consultants that he hired are working hard enough, trying to make sense of MtGOX's  database and other records.  AFAIK, this was the first reliable confirmation ever that the database was compromised.  Another reason to expect that mark will face criminal proceedings.

Kobayashi also said they don't think it's weird to be getting help from Karpeles. [ ... ] The fact is that the data should have been signed over to a 3rd party at the very beginning.

Kobayashi already said that the all files were secured as soon as he could, with the help of experts from Fujitsu, and copies were given to the consultants.  Mark and/or other employees may have doctored the records before the trustee took over, but I do not see any danger that he could alter or erase anything now.

It is quite natural to interrogate the management of a failed company about its operations, and the organization and meaning of its records.   Those statements are usually taken under oath, so Mark would face additional criminal charges (perjury, contempt of court, obstruction of justice...) if he were caught lying or trying to sidetrack the investigation.  However, depending on the local laws, he may have the right to refuse to provide information that would incriminate himsef.

Kobayashi said that they regard them as separate companies and we might think it's illegal to keep the companies separate but it isn't.

Unfortunately, creating multi-layer companies is a standard trick that sleazy entrepreneurs often use to dodge the laws.  Thus they can let debts, liabilities, and unpaid taxes pile up in one company, which is destined for bankruptcy, while transferring its revenue to the other company.

For the purposes of bankruptcy, and perhaps other civil proceedings, Tibanne is just another company that provided services to MtGOX.  While MtGOX was insolvent and, for that reason, had to be liquidated, Tibanne is doing pretty well and has no debts.  I guess that this shielding will be ineffective if Mark (not MtGOX) is charged with fraudulent management ("piercing the corporate veil").

On the other hand, I was disappointed by the lack of any questions about the accounting method that will be used to define the claim of each client.  Is everybody still assuming that his claim is just his final MtGOX account balance?  There may be unwelcome surprises there.

Finally, I cannot stop thinking that some of the alleged victims may in fact be accomplices -- e.g. clients who got non-existent coins and/or money credited to their accounts.  The database may have been doctored to hide fraudulent trading and accounting.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
DrApricot

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:03:15 PM

Kobayashi already said that the all files were secured as soon as he could, with the help of experts from Fujitsu, and copies were given to the consultants.  Mark and/or other employees may have doctored the records before the trustee took over, but I do not see any danger that he could alter or erase anything now.

[.......]

Finally, I cannot stop thinking that some of the alleged victims may in fact be accomplices -- e.g. clients who got non-existent coins and/or money credited to their accounts.  The database may have been doctored to hide fraudulent trading and accounting.
True enough--Willy-bot, Markus-bot, TIBANNE_LIMITED_HK / THK--are all indications of some abuse having occurred there at Mt. Gox, yet still you see absolutely zero risk in erasing/reformatting the original Mt. Gox server hard drives, as the the trustee indicates he plans to have done before they are transferred to Kraken?  Then with these proceedings, how sure can we be that the fox has not been guarding the hen house?
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

True enough--Willy-bot, Markus-bot, TIBANNE_LIMITED_HK / THK--are all indications of some abuse having occurred there at Mt. Gox, yet still you see absolutely zero risk in erasing/reformatting the original Mt. Gox server hard drives, as the the trustee indicates he plans to have done before they are transferred to Kraken?  Then with these proceedings, how sure can we be that the fox has not been guarding the hen house?

I did not recall saying that.  What I said is that I do not see risk in interrogating Mark, as long as the drives are in the hands of the receiver. 

I am not happy either with erasing the disks, since advanced forensics could recover files from them that were deleted prior to the receiver taking control.  Any such deleted files probably were not copied when  Fujitsu (or whoever) made the full-image copies.  Perhaps you should point that out  to the receiver.

Actually, I do not see why Kraken would want those disks. 

Actually, I see some risk in involving Kraken. At this stage, every bitcoin entrepreneur is in principle suspect of involvement in the disappearance of the coins, IMHO.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:58:18 PM

I am not happy either with erasing the disks, since advanced forensics could recover files from them that were deleted prior to the receiver taking control.  Any such deleted files probably were not copied when  Fujitsu (or whoever) made the full-image copies.  Perhaps you should point that out  to the receiver.

My only consolation in the matter is that it's unlikely to restore something from modern hard disks, if it has been already physically overwritten. Data which was just logical deleted should endure also on the images (if they were made professionally). So, there is some hope. Nevertheless, it's a shame that they delete the data at such an early stage. A bad sign even if it not cause any further damage.
OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:22:32 PM

On the other hand, I was disappointed by the lack of any questions about the accounting method that will be used to define the claim of each client.  Is everybody still assuming that his claim is just his final MtGOX account balance?  There may be unwelcome surprises there.

Yep!
Put it also on my blog:

http://www.olivere.de/blog/archives/2014/11/30/open_letter_to_mtgox_trustee/

The task of the trustee is to disappoint as few people as possible. Otherwise he will drown in lawsuits and counter-measures.

Finally, I cannot stop thinking that some of the alleged victims may in fact be accomplices -- e.g. clients who got non-existent coins and/or money credited to their accounts.  The database may have been doctored to hide fraudulent trading and accounting.

I know for sure that Gox credited coins by bad programming that people never had. Customers in the German forum have reported that. People just keeped this coins. Coins for "free".  Undecided
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:31:41 AM

On the other hand, I was disappointed by the lack of any questions about the accounting method that will be used to define the claim of each client.  Is everybody still assuming that his claim is just his final MtGOX account balance?  There may be unwelcome surprises there.
Yep!  Put it also on my blog:
http://www.olivere.de/blog/archives/2014/11/30/open_letter_to_mtgox_trustee/
The task of the trustee is to disappoint as few people as possible. Otherwise he will drown in lawsuits and counter-measures.

Well, here is your first surprise.  It is NOT the creditors who decide the way claims are to be computed and how the spoils are returned.  There are laws and precedents; the trustee will propose suitable formulas and methods to the judge, and then the judge will decide.  I repeat, in case I was not suffirciently clear: the judge decides how the liquidation will happen, within the limits of laws and precedents, not the creditors.

The creditors may (politely and humbly) offer their preferences and suggestions to the trustee, but the trustee is not required to pay attention to them: the only person he must satisfy is the judge.  Yes, the trustee may, and probably will, disappoint the creditors (especially if the creditors insist in believing that they can tell him what to do).  He  will not "drown in lawsuits and counter-measures", because his work will be approved by the judge, step by step, until the funds are distributed -- and you cannot sue a judge just because you did not like his decisions.  

Understand that the trustee is not a servant of the creditors; he is an "employee" of the judge, and was charged by the judge with the task of gathering the assets and claims, and drawing a distribution plan that will satisfy the judge.

That is why you should ASK your lawyer what the laws say about such liquidations, and ASK the trustee what he plans to do.  ASK, and after that maybe SUGGEST; not TELL.  And you had better let a lawyer write up your suggestions, if you want the trustee and the judge to pay attention to them.  

(You don't tell the surgeon how he should proceed with your liver transplant.  If you really think you must, you should tell your concerns to your doctor, and let him talk to the surgeon, in the proper terms.)

I know for sure that Gox credited coins by bad programming that people never had. Customers in the German forum have reported that. People just keeped this coins. Coins for "free".  Undecided

And that is one of the reasons that may force the truestee to ignore the account balances, and use some other formula to compute the amount owed to each client.

Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: