Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params  (Read 131810 times)
tearodactyl

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:12:51 AM

I feel like a noob but is there a desktop wallet for windows (GUI, compiled)?
I found the post in OP ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1796036.msg18277438#msg18277438 ) but the linked JAR file is gone.
warhawk22, this is a totally valid question. We are yet to nail down the GUI wallet offering, despite several attempts.
Mostly due to the fact that the upstream Zcash (well funded) core team has been lax in wallet coverage or in Windows builds and instructions.

First, the Vaklinov SWING wallet is neat and has been validated. The same Jar works on Linux and on Windows (the whole point of Java Wink
https://github.com/vaklinov/zero-swing-wallet-ui

The information in the post msg18277438 is no longer valid, and we'd like the Dev to strike references to it from the Announcement.
It has a link to the Zcash version of the SWING wallet and that never could have worked.
And the zerowin.zip image has been build from a codebase that is now obsolete and was not independently validated, so do NOT use it.
We have invited @1towia back into action, and hopefully he can generate Windows binaries from the latest Zero codebase and leave build instructions, so we can validate the build and check the binaries for wide use.
  Tearo

i think the link was removed because windows wallet doesn't work
to cryptohelp,
Since the Windows Wallet doesn't work, I am irritated that it offers the Wallet under megaupload. He should know that she's starting but not synchronizing.
Under linux it is no problem to use the wallet. I can only recommend virtual box and in it linux with the wallet then you also have a backup.
But you can also simply register at cryptopia, where you can get a wallet, that's what I did!
@sfg if you want to be sure you ask tearo
you don't have to be able to program, just install java and the  
unpack jar file in the correct directory. As described by Crypto.
Download a Wallet never from a third person!

A further clarification:
The way this particular wallet, written in Swing/Java works is by talking to a running Zero node via JSON-RPC. It does NOT hold or have access to the keys, only loads status for display and issues commands for transactions, but no crypto at any point. If you already have a running Zero node, but don't feel like working through the steps of the Java compilation, I can post the JAR built back in April.

As far as getting the Zero node up and running, you have three options: Native Linux, Windows with a Linux VM, Native Windows executables.

The VM solution is identical to the Native Linux, only you talk to Linux running inside Windows. I default to VMware with Ubuntu 16.04, just because it's a combo I've used before. If you are not up on Linux setup and compilation, prepare for a steep learning curve. And possibly a rewarding career.

The Native Windows solution(s) have not been "blessed". The one published by @1towia was based on an obsolete codebase, before a critical fix was put in. He has not been back since May, to rebuild the current code, based on Zcash 1.0.8-1, and to document the process, so it can be replicated by at least one more competent developer.

@crypto-help, it is wonderful that you have a blog dedicated to Zero, and I totally enjoyed reading the comparison between Zcash and various derivatives. But it seems that the .exe files you are offering in the download are from those old builds, and I advise against using them.

I will not have a chance to work through the Windows build process, to nail down the environment setup and dependencies, test the builds, and document and publish the whole deal. Feels to me like 10-20 hours of focused dev work. I implore other competent developers on the project to step up and get it done. The whole community would love you forever and name their firstborn after you.
  Tearo 
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adebisi

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:13:49 AM

Some inside source told me this is the next zcoin
matejbilahora

Activity: 1414
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:16:21 AM

Some inside source told me this is the next zcoin
Not Zcoin, but Zcash to more exact. Zcoin and Zcash are different algos. But yes, Zero will grow to be better than Zcash over time.
matejbilahora

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:52:41 PM

Dear Miner, dear seller, dear buyer

we are facing a major positive change.

We're gonna get a totally professional website, I think you're gonna cry with happiness.
There will also be other tremendous changes
but I'm not going to tell you.

I need to annoy you a little, too.
you didn't want it any other way

Now you get it, but right
or better
zero gets what he deserves

best regards

Grin
We all are going to have lot of fun except those who sell their coin too cheaply. Zero is going to grow up and we all will be just fine..
OnTheMoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:57:11 PM

We're gonna get a totally professional website, I think you're gonna cry with happiness.

or better

best regards

Grin
We all are going to have lot of fun except those who sell their coin too cheaply. Zero is going to grow up and we all will be just fine..

Bought some cheap Zero, waiting for the future development and promotion campaign for this good coin. We need to attract more investors attention to this great project.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
notsure85

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:37:24 PM

or better

best regards

Grin

thats some great news.
looking forward to the new page
CapeTownMinter

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:58:30 PM

[/quote]

Again, of course a website is important!
But more importantly, a reasonable marketplace,
cryptopia is not one of them for me
where prices are constantly being manipulated downwards.

Therefore we need at least 2 -3 exchanges to fight this problem.

You should also be able to sell or exchange coin on shapeshift. io

regards
[/quote]

i think you wrong buddy.... been making good trades with them almost 4 years, not a busy as the mainstream but good profit margins ...after all without them.... i would have never have found this forum or bought this coin.

if you believe in the coin..buy it..... lol complaining the coin is to cheap ...what next
tearodactyl

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:04:53 PM

Would like to update the listing of working mining pools in the announcement, besides the standard suprnova.cc
Kindly report which alternative pool(s) you've been using recently, and with what success rate.
  Tearo
matejbilahora

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:18:17 PM

Would like to update the listing of working mining pools in the announcement, besides the standard suprnova.cc
Kindly report which alternative pool(s) you've been using recently, and with what success rate.
  Tearo
Hi, I just mine with 1 8gb RX480 at suprnova, but I am going to add some more gpus soon.
tearodactyl

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:43:35 PM

People keep asking about getting listed on more exchanges.

Now, we cannot control what the top tier ones do, but you've seen in the thread that we are trying for Yobit and suggest voting on C-CEX. com
Also, working our way towards minimum requirements for HitBTC.

There is a nice diagram of active nodes for Zcash https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/ZEC
Would be cool to get listed on Coinexchange.io and get a diagram of our own Smiley

Anyone has first-hand experiences with getting listed, that you'd like to share, in the thread or via a PM?
  Tearo
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:24:11 PM

lokko, you sound like an absolute bagholder.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:55:07 AM

lokko, you sound like an absolute bagholder.

hm, yes and no
I have previously been passionate about zero mining
and now I buy and trade with it

but more importantly, I believe in this currency.

Smiley

lol, you don't even have an active dev.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:53:54 PM

I actually enjoy reading lokko posts. He reminds me of one very positive MUE holder Abikky or something who was constantly upbeat by the time when MUE could barely hold $20k marketcap, which believe it or not was less than an year ago...
tearodactyl

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:52:41 PM

Looking for ZERO related content, besides the obvious, like the Announcement. Or links from various popular sites, like coinmarketcap.

Will find and organize various snippets that I posted about the Equihash parameters.

Aware of the recent outside blog.

There was a bunch of proposals for icons, ideas about branding, etc.

Comparisons with Zcash, Zclassic

Post links or verbiage, or DM them to me.  Not looking for one-liners.
  Tearo
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:15:03 AM

Is there any ETA for the new website? I am very interested in taking a look and sharing it on twitter if it's a good one. Not asking for a precise date, just roughly.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:42:23 PM

is this code secure enough to run ?

yolo
matejbilahora

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:34:39 PM

is this code secure enough to run ?
Yes, but not much attraction at the moment.
matejbilahora

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:23:42 AM

Hey Oc, pool problems with connection. Can you check it?
siagirl

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:25:38 AM

BAD Sad
Ireson

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:46:23 AM

BAD Sad

The suprnova pool have some problem ,no speed show on the website, have any other pools support for zero?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: