Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:30:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My translation was deleted, please help  (Read 667 times)
bitart (OP)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:11:41 PM

Dear Admins,
I have joined this forum a long time ago, and I have learned a lot about bitcoin here.
Last week I have decided to start to learn about altcoins. My first attempt was to find an altcoin and translate it's first post to my language. I wanted to learn about altcoins and to upgrade my translation skills.
I have choosen this altcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1727707.0
My language (Hungarian) has no dedicated thread in the Local.
Because of this, I had a look at the 'Other languages/Locations' and found this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1791680.0
This is also a translation topic of the first post of the mentioned altcoin. The topic is still there, this is why I also started a new topic for the Hungarian translation of that altcoin also in the 'Other languages/Locations'.
My new topic was:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1797870.0
Next day (today), I have received a message:
"A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted."
My topic with the hungarian translation was deleted.
Please let me know the reason why my post has been deleted. I just translated the same first post as others, and I created a new topic in the same place where I found another similar translation topic.
Please let me know if it's possible to create a Local thread for Hungarian language, and in that thread we could create an altcoin section for the translation topics like the above mentioned one.
Thanks for your help in advance!
Bitart

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 10:18:28 PM

Can you sign an address with your username and the time date of this address that you posted here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082477.msg12593670#msg12593670

^

You should contact who made the thread you want to translate,
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 10:40:23 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 10:54:46 PM by bitart

Can you sign an address with your username and the time date of this address that you posted here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082477.msg12593670#msg12593670

^

You should contact who made the thread you want to translate,
I haven't tried to sign any address yet, but there should be no problem, I'll try it.
I'm using that address for a long time ago, you can have a look into my profile, you can find that address, it's still there. What can I prove with signing that address? I'll check in the forum how to sign address.

Maybe there's a bit misunderstanding. Why should I contact the person who made the thread I've already translated? We have already agreed that I can do the Hungarian translation. I have done it already, and have created a new topic in 'Other languages/Locations' for the translation, it took several hours to complete the whole translation. I have posted the translation in the new topic. It was there for a few hours and after an admin has deleted it. I think the person who made the original altcoin thread can't help me, he's not an admin, I think.
If I misunderstood something, I'm sorry and please help me, I'd like to get this sorted.

Edit: Found a topic about signing an address. If I understand well, I need to prove that it's still me who uses this username and I haven't traded this account.
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:16:22 PM

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'm bitart, today is 22.02.2017 and I still own this address just like on 03.10.2015. killyou72 asked for this signed message
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: Bitcoin-qt (1.0)
Address: 13V3Bj2vHsQYesm633KVgFtQ2zA8NmCJpM

H+CtYXtYLvxcm2lnF7cap+OlkjHEzBtJafs1xDsSNldtR9uGoNWScHcRBnbU/uy6dqNZ7DYa410o898cfson0QY=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 11:32:30 PM

Altcoin translations (and translations of other services I believe) are forbidden in the Other languages/locations section, which is why your post was deleted. Unless the Hungarian section is added, or a rule changes, you won't be allowed to post your translated ANN.

Not sure why killyou asked for a signed message. Seems very unrelated and pointless.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:45:00 PM

Altcoin translations (and translations of other services I believe) are forbidden in the Other languages/locations section, which is why your post was deleted. Unless the Hungarian section is added, or a rule changes, you won't be allowed to post your translated ANN.

Not sure why killyou asked for a signed message. Seems very unrelated and pointless.

The way its activity breaks down on bitcointalkaccountpricer is what made me ask, it is 1 post every 14 days for a few months
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:43:04 AM

The way its activity breaks down on bitcointalkaccountpricer is what made me ask, it is 1 post every 14 days for a few months

I still don't understand why a signed message is required.  Huh
What does activity have to do with the deleted message?
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:23:31 AM

I still don't understand why a signed message is required.  Huh
What does activity have to do with the deleted message?
No problem.
I've learned 3 things now really quickly:
- How to sign an address
- It's not allowed to translate in the Other languages/locations, just in the dedicated section
- My estimated Price is 0.08120000 (I haven't thought that every user has an estimated price here...)

Thank you for everyone, who helped me to clarify this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: