Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:37:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19530 times)
AltCoinKingz

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:46:49 PM

I started to believe as an adult, really still coming around to it, but here are the 2 things driving my openness:
We live on a rock that hangs in a vacuum tethered to a giant ball by an invisible force, there is an infinite number of set ups like this in existence, but our rock happens to be the only one we have ever found that holds life, yet a high power existing beyond our comprehension is where we draw the line?
Second we draw that line simply because it's not observable? We are arrogant about existence and science, bc we want control and order, we don't want anything that we can't explain and measure bc it takes our power away, and in my experience humanity is typically near it's worst and almost always wrong when we are so arrogant and controlling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Btcprofit1

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:47:30 PM

Because he changed my life and there is nothing greater than the love he shows me. Through life he never left me.
Btctradercollctive

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:48:12 PM

The alternative is too depressing.
danielpjTTP

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:51:22 PM

The only rational thing I can say in response to not only the OP, but the conversation over all is this: I don't know what happens after this life. I don't know of any identifiable deity... but I also don't know that there is an absence of deity either. In the end, I currently just don't know. And in a way, that is a comfort. Because not knowing means anything is possible. For me anyway.
Eggsandbaconforbrekkie

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:51:57 PM

I grew up fairly conservative christian. Now if I go to church its for the community, not because im scared of a fiery inferno. Im also curious about this Jesus guy. As far as most historians are concerned he was a real guy, which is pretty interesting. And I like following just the shit Jesus said. I think it would make the world a better place. But the pope is right better to be atheist than a fake ass catholic/christian. Just be nice to people and help out if you can. Seems like a nice concept to me.
loyoung

Activity: 30
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:15:43 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Previously, there was a long debate on this issue, but research challenges the theory that being religious is determined by how much individuals rely on intuitive or analytical thinking.

In other words, someone who believes in religion is someone who has faith in their god, and I think this is a sensitive thing to debate because this concerns individual beliefs.

And one more, buddy, your question is no different from the question of those who don't believe in bitcoin. because they ask the same thing, they always ask "why believe (invest) in bitcoin that is intangible when there is already proven gold and is believed to be a protective tool for wealth"

Smiley
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:11:03 AM

People believe in religion because they were born with it. When they first open their eyes they already have their religion.

Sorry, no

That is exactly the opposite of how it works...

People are born without any religion... people are all born atheists... people must be taught religion
Moloch

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:45:17 PM

Fear... people believe in religion out of fear... mostly fear of death and the unknown

It's really that simple
ifioklee1

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:12:14 PM
Merited by Moloch (2)

I feel religion make things really difficult in the sense that you are just restricted by sets of rules and dogmas you ought to follow.
This isn't cool
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:30:31 PM

Fear... people believe in religion out of fear... mostly fear of death and the unknown

It's really that simple

What are you so afraid of that you fear to recognize that ^^^ is your religion?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Brian_Bishop

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:57:47 AM

Let me start with your closing remark. You say that information is so easy to reach today. But I ask, are there still so many unanswered questions that mankind still has a lot of work to do concerning them? Questions like the origin of man, the purpose of life, the Afterlife, whether it exists or not. In spite of all this information you claim is available, have these questions been answered? Man is not just a physical or intellectual being. He has a soul and a spirit. It is men who are aware on the spiritual level that recognize the presence of a God and subscribe to spirituality. This kind of man might not have all the answers too but he is not foolish enough to close his eyes to the reality of a spiritual dimension of life. This is why people still believe.
Tharinda Dissanayake

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 06:48:28 AM

The Answer from God’s Word:

God created all things, and so He makes all creation come under His dominion, and submit to His dominion; He will command all things, so that all things are in His hands. All creation of God, including animals, plants, mankind, the mountains and rivers, and the lakes—all must come under His dominion. All things in the skies and on the ground must come under His dominion. They cannot have any choice, and must all submit to His orchestrations. This was decreed by God, and is the authority of God. God commands everything, and orders and ranks all things, with each classed according to kind, and allotted their own position, according to God’s will. No matter how great it is, no thing can surpass God, and all things serve the mankind created by God, and no thing dares to disobey God or make any demands of God. And so man, as a creature of God, must also perform the duty of man. Regardless of whether he is the lord or ruler of all things, no matter how high man’s status among all things, still he is but a small human being under the dominion of God, and is no more than an insignificant human being, a creature of God, and he will never be above God. As a creature of God, man should seek to perform the duty of a creature of God, and seek to love God without making other choices, for God is worthy of man’s love.

from “Success or Failure Depends on the Path That Man Walks” in The Word Appears in the Flesh

God created this world and brought man, a living being unto which He bestowed life, into it. In turn, man came to have parents and kin and was no longer alone. Ever since man first laid eyes on this material world, he was destined to exist within the ordination of God. It is the breath of life from God that supports each living being throughout his growth into adulthood. During this process, none believe that man lives and grows up under the care of God. Rather, they hold that man grows up under the love and care of his parents, and that his growth is governed by the instinct of life. This is because man knows not who bestowed life or from whence it came, much less how the instinct of life creates miracles. Man knows only that food is the basis of the continuation of life, that perseverance is the source of existence of life, and that the belief in his mind is the wealth of his survival. Man does not feel the grace and provision from God. Man then squanders the life bestowed upon him by God…. Not one man whom God looks upon day and night takes the initiative to worship Him. God continues to work as He has planned on man for whom He holds no expectations. He does so in the hope that one day, man will awaken from his dream and suddenly comprehend the value and purpose of life, understand the cost at which God has given man everything, and know how fervently God longs for man to turn back to Him.

from “God Is the Source of Man’s Life” in The Word Appears in the Flesh

God created this world, He created this mankind, and moreover He was the architect of ancient Greek culture and human civilization. Only God consoles this mankind, and only God cares for this mankind night and day. Human development and progress is inseparable from the sovereignty of God, and the history and future of mankind are inextricable from the designs of God. If you are a true Christian, then you will surely believe that the rise and fall of any country or nation occurs according to the designs of God. God alone knows the fate of a country or nation, and God alone controls the course of this mankind. If mankind wishes to have a good fate, if a country wishes to have a good fate, then man must bow down to God in worship, repent and confess before God, or else the fate and destination of man will unavoidably end in catastrophe.

Look back to the time of Noah’s ark: Mankind was deeply corrupt, had strayed from the blessing of God, was no longer cared for by God, and had lost the promises of God. They lived in darkness, without the light of God. Thus they became licentious by nature, abandoned themselves to hideous depravity. Such men could no longer receive the promise of God; they were unfit to witness the face of God, nor to hear the voice of God, for they had abandoned God, had cast aside all that He had bestowed upon them, and had forgotten the teachings of God. Their heart strayed farther and farther from God, and as it did, they became depraved beyond all reason and humanity, and became increasingly evil. Thus they came ever closer to death, and fell under the wrath and punishment of God. Only Noah worshiped God and shunned evil, and so he was able to hear the voice of God, and hear the instructions of God. He built the ark according to the instructions of God’s word, and assembled all manner of living creatures. And in this way, once everything had been prepared, God unleashed His destruction upon the world. Only Noah and the seven members of his family survived the destruction, for Noah worshiped Jehovah and shunned evil.

from “God Presides Over the Fate of All Mankind” in The Word Appears in the Flesh

Because man was made by God and the senseless sacrifices and explorations of man can only lead to more distress. Man will exist in a constant state of fear, will not know how to face the future of mankind, or how to face the path that lies ahead. Man will even come to fear science and knowledge, and fear even more the feeling of emptiness within him. In this world, regardless of whether you live in a free country or one without human rights, you are utterly incapable of escaping the fate of mankind. Whether you are the ruler or the ruled, you are utterly incapable of escaping the desire to explore the fate, mysteries, and destination of mankind. Much less are you capable of escaping the bewildering sense of emptiness. Such phenomena, which are common to all of mankind, are called social phenomena by sociologists, yet no great man can come forth to solve such problems. Man, after all, is man. The position and life of God cannot be replaced by any man. Mankind does not just require a fair society in which everyone is well-fed and is equal and free, but the salvation of God and His provision of life to them. Only when man receives the salvation of God and His provision of life to them can the needs, yearning to explore, and spiritual emptiness of man be resolved.

from “God Presides Over the Fate of All Mankind” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:56:02 AM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

When things are going well, in life and in business, most people don't think too much about religion. They just automatically follow the system in which they were raised. That's if they were raised in a home where a religion was practiced. When things go wrong, like the death or serious illness of a loved one or problems at work or business, people need to know why. They need to make sense of what's happened. It's at this stage they seek out answers. They may find the answers which they want in the religion in which they were raised. Or maybe find a new one.  After all, everyone needs to make sense of the world. And where we are going. The frustration of not knowing why stuff happens can drive people crazy.
clarkhans

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:14:19 AM

Religion supports morality, and it's good that people believe in God
Moloch

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:56:10 PM

Religion supports morality...

Like the Catholic Church covering up for thousands of priests molesting children?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  

Jump to: