Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:18:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple, Microsoft, Mercedes Benz Accepting Bitcoin  (Read 6690 times)
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:25:15 PM

companies will do what ever is in their financial interest, i think as more and more people start to use bitcoin and as the price rises we will see all the big names jump on board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 05:12:32 PM

Oh man, really Grin I haven't heard any newspaper talk about this or anyone has mentioned it before so if this is true, then I'm delighted since I will have more evidence to prove with my parents that bitcoin is totally a technical revolution and it's not a scam. I hope these companies will promote bitcoin, which will surely increase the value of it.
yeppp i think people around us always have a traditional thought ,
they think bitcoin is a scam thing just like any other online money maker ,
but as time goes by they will understand and accept the fact that how amazing bitcoin it is ,
a super large company like dell have adopted bitcoin and we can expect for other companies to follow , as op stated next target apple and microsoft.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:22:49 PM

AFAIK this is a fake news: from the companies mentioned in the op only Dell and Microsoft (for selected products and only or US citizens) are actively accepting Bitcoin.

Apple, Mercedes-Benz or Tesla (or any other car manufacturer) are not accepting BTC. If they are - then please share official press note stating that fact.

Guys, get real - news about Apple accepting Bitcoin would make every press headline and will boost Bitcoin's price significantly.
HatZpApA

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

xxx

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 06:35:19 PM

For the moment , if you want to buy a car using BTC , you can use a site like https://www.bitpremier.com/
Although the price is quite higher than usual , someone may see an advantage in buying with BTC ,even if the price should go higher than this.
A movement like a huge company's announcement about BTC payment would certainly raise the value of this coin, but it might also bring troubles to the company itself in relation with the Government,generally.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:26:13 PM

Its good to know that one of the biggest company in the whole world is now planning to accept bitcoin. If this will truly  happen it will be a good advantage for the bitcoin enthusiast to share bitcoin to anyone all around the world.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 07:51:36 PM

For the moment , if you want to buy a car using BTC , you can use a site like https://www.bitpremier.com/
Although the price is quite higher than usual , someone may see an advantage in buying with BTC ,even if the price should go higher than this

This is mostly intended for die-hard Bitcoin enthusiasts

Other than that, it is not clear what advantages such a deal could potentially bring. With fiat you are dead sure that you will get what you pay for. And it is certainly not the case with bitcoins which can be easily stolen when you pay with them. If you have that many bitcoins, it will be less risky and a lot cheaper to gradually convert them to fiat at a reliable exchange and get done with that. Anyway, it would be interesting to learn how many people actually used the service which this company offers

A movement like a huge company's announcement about BTC payment would certainly raise the value of this coin, but it might also bring troubles to the company itself in relation with the Government,generally

That's why it is unlikely to happen any time soon

zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:52:46 PM

Um...you got a reference on MB accepting bitcoin?  Haven't heard that, but that's cool if it's true.

But honestly I don't care much who takes it, because bitcoin is a lousy, deflating currency which--because of deflation AND volatility--keeps people from spending it.  I don't think I'd buy a Benz with bitcoin even if I had enough.
Thats true for me also.As long as bitcoin prices keep rising and there is a facility available to convert btc to fiat,then I too do not care who accepts bitcoin and who doesn't.
I would think twice before sending large amount of bitcoin to anyone and would prefer first to change it to fiat.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:12:30 PM

AFAIK Microsoft already using ETH for their project transaction

But for bitcoin , it's quite shock for me especially another big company such like Dell also accept bitcoin.
IMO , this will increase bitcoin influence around the world that affect bitcoin value increase gradually
I am not certain whether it will be a good thing for the price of bitcoin if every retail outlet starts accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment as you could see more people dumping the coins which would certainly affect the price .Either way it all depends upon the number of users in the end and it is good to see that most of the major players are accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Ndasmu Njeblug

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:35:02 AM

things that make me curious is whether they will use on a consistent basis, it looks like I'm not sure because the big companies have the money to make a better coins.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:49:05 AM

This is what i call a 100% Fake News.
inter4522

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 04:50:42 AM

This is going to happen more and more with big companies. Bitcoin is definitely the wave of the future. There is no fraud with it which makes
it so good.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:04:57 AM

Biggest companies accepted Bitcoin already, now Bitcoin will spread, more small businesses will accept Bitcoin.

Who have bought already?

P.S
Also Dell and Tesla accepting Bitcoin:

https://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/campaigns/bitcoin-marketing

well if this for real that these biggest companies are now accepting bitcoin then it will be a great news for bitcoin users especially those people who are also a car enthusiast because they can now buy one with their bitcoin . and probably this will be a start for other companies to recognize and adapt bitcoin and eventually it will reach the other product/service provider .
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:45:28 PM

It is a good news for the Bitcoin society but they will be closely looking at the market coz companies like those don't want to mess up with their share market.  Roll Eyes
I really think that this a very good idea as well, since people have been coming to bitcoin community regularly because of how high the price has reached and that has brought the attention of many big companies and it is really good for us because that might give people the idea that bitcoin is a really good investment and that will bring even more people.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:02:32 PM

Biggest companies accepted Bitcoin already, now Bitcoin will spread, more small businesses will accept Bitcoin.

Who have bought already?

P.S
Also Dell and Tesla accepting Bitcoin:

https://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/campaigns/bitcoin-marketing
Already knew about Dell, Microsoft, and Tesla for some while now, I had heard about apple too but never saw the bitcoin option maybe it's not in my country. Mercedes is a new one, but well eh that's not for me  Cheesy
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:09:03 PM

This is what i call a 100% Fake News.
This is 100% a real news, the ancient automative maker Daimler with Mercedes Benz has initiated the hyperledger project for the future of their management. With the agreement with a payment portal service who have been accepting bitcoin is the supportive to accept bitcoin into their business.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Rosberger

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:25:12 PM

This is good news for the Bitcoin because if these big companies are accepting bitcoin more companies will also start to accept it.
It is like the effect of domino's, if one joins the other will also join.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:27:27 PM

That's great news! I don't have so many bitcoins to buy things at such giants as Apple and others, but I think with some time of saving I will be able to buy new smartphone. When the time will come I will try to buy directly with bitcoins. I think this will provoke and smaller firms and businesses to work with bitcoin. That will really important step for bitcoin spreading and maybe soon we will see supermarkets that accept bitcoins.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:37:54 PM

Good or bad I don't care, if you were denied to purchase anything from those big companies with fiat and then they were accepting bitcoins to help you get a fair chance, that'd be something but when you can easily exchange bitcoins for fiat and use it for those services why would you want to send them irreversible funds?

🖤😏
DonnieDarko

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:24:52 AM

Nike and Adidas already accepting Bitcoin and soon Samsung and Amazon will accept.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:45:41 AM

Another fake news. Apple or Mercedes do not accept BTC. Mercedes has acquired an electronic payment company, Paycash, but this company has never dealt with BTC. Apple has Applepay, they will never support BTC.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: