Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:27:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What cryptocurrency is closest to my ideal? Monero?  (Read 3342 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 04:06:38 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 05:19:40 PM by iamnotback

I saw absolutely 0 paid advertising for Monero or even Bitcoin.

I know you are planning on creating your own, it might be something to keep in mind Smiley

I as I explained near the bottom of my prior post, I don't think advertising is what wins but rather a superior fit of the product to the market.

Dash is doing a very good job of explaining the reason crypto-currency hasn't been adopted and thus their marketing to speculators is excellent.

But afaik where Dash is failing is in actually solving the problem they correctly identified and enumerated. At the 7min point in the Dash video, Dash is incorrectly applying a model of the credit card and Paypal advantages over prior payment systems.

But there is no way that crypto is going to be significantly more secure in the eyes of the masses than Paypal. And the switching incentives they propose are not powerful and sufficient motivators for the masses.

I have a plan that addresses precisely this chicken-and-egg dilemma. As I have said many times before, the way to bring the masses onto crypto is to provide something they want which requires or works significantly better than legacy systems in some important way with crypto.

So while we can say Dash is doing a good marketing job of pulling the wool over the speculators eyes, afaik they have absolutely failed in terms of achieving any adoption amongst those outside of our speculation ecosystems.

So your solution to your fear of centralization is to invest in a coin that has one of the worst centralization schemes? Good luck with that.

And don't forget the high school level math error for the probability of attack for the security in the InstantX white paper that I discovered and Evan couldn't refute.

Afaik Dash's core technology is barely functional trash (or has that recently changed?). Their UIs may be good (?), I've never looked. They are reasonably better though at marketing to the speculators.

Hopefully Dash will get some serious competition from some serious technology in its claimed areas of superiority within this year, coupled with some serious marketing. And we can put this Dash "scam"embarrassment to death finally. Since I am responsible for helping Evan see his CoinJoin error at the start and giving him the inspiration for masternodes, then I guess I am responsible for this debacle. So perhaps I feel a duty to end it as well.

Good luck with your Dash investment. I think you actually may profit quite well in the near-term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: