Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multipool - the pool mining pool (with source code)  (Read 48205 times)
Miner-TE

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:52:59 AM

Hey Multipool

Just thought you might like to know that http://multipool.hpc.tw (including the user stats sub-d) is blocked by "Websense" at my work. None of the other bitcoin sites are. How the hell did you manage to piss them off?  Huh

Yes, I just checked and suggested a category change.  If accepted, the you should be able to access it within 24hrs (after your work gets the DB update). 

For the record, It was classified as...

http://multipool.hpc.tw/

Master Database v7.x:

Games

Master Database v6.x:

Uncategorized
Real-time Category:

Games

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 04:33:40 AM

This is very interesting. I'll probably join.

You should target Continuum pool if all other pools are dry. It always has 100% efficiency like solo, without all the variance. It will also help reduce the variance of those who mine on it normally, further promoting fair scoring methods.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:55:37 AM

I'm trying this pool out

instead of trying to block it, why don't pool operators get rid of the exploit in the first place?
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 05:55:59 AM

instead of trying to block it, why don't pool operators get rid of the exploit in the first place?
You'll have to ask them, but in my experience: Because acknowledging the exploit means admitting they were wrong to start a proportional pool, which is too difficult emotionally.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 07:40:42 AM

By the way, why is Eligius on the list? Didn't they switch to maximum PPS to be safe from pool hopping?
According to http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Maximum_PPS this is only a planned feature.

And "maximum PPS" is stupid, it will leave miners without payment for days or weeks during periods of bad luck - the variance is much higher than in other methods. Why can't people use a working method like those mentioned in the original post of this thread?

Coaster

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:19:25 AM

I'll send over 3Gh/s your way. After a few hours tonight, I'll prolly send it intermittently during the day and then compare it to recent DeepBit & BTCGuild PPSS(pay-per-share-submitted) earnings I've recorded. This sounds really promising though. So far with only 600 shares submitted I have 1 share rejected, which is very good by any means.

iopq

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:22:38 AM

my bitcoin address changed, should I just keep using the old one?

I didn't really use any other pools of this kind that don't have "accounts" or whatever
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 08:27:53 AM

my bitcoin address changed, should I just keep using the old one?

I didn't really use any other pools of this kind that don't have "accounts" or whatever
The client will automatically generate new addresses for you. You can keep using your older address.

Mike 71

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:55:40 AM

I'll send over 3Gh/s your way. After a few hours tonight, I'll prolly send it intermittently during the day and then compare it to recent DeepBit & BTCGuild PPSS(pay-per-share-submitted) earnings I've recorded. This sounds really promising though. So far with only 600 shares submitted I have 1 share rejected, which is very good by any means.

If you just did it tonight, you cant judge it now. What Utility shows is not what you get and most data from tonight is still pending yet.

i started on saturday and with an unexpected break of 8 hours on the night to sunday and some time on another pool yesterday while this one was down are on it.

Its not bad, but not really a big win yet, so give it some time and judge when you have real earings.

Greetings

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 10:52:35 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 11:07:02 AM by organofcorti

Hey Multipool

Just thought you might like to know that http://multipool.hpc.tw (including the user stats sub-d) is blocked by "Websense" at my work. None of the other bitcoin sites are. How the hell did you manage to piss them off?  Huh

Yes, I just checked and suggested a category change.  If accepted, the you should be able to access it within 24hrs (after your work gets the DB update).  

For the record, It was classified as...

http://multipool.hpc.tw/

Master Database v7.x:

Games

Master Database v6.x:

Uncategorized
Real-time Category:

Games

Worked! Thanks for that Miner-TE. Now I can spend my work hours fitting curves to data. Oh, wait ..... Grin

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Mike 71

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:57:40 AM

The pool seems down again, for more then 20 minutes right now.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 11:22:45 AM

Don't worry - it'll give your "shares" a chance to catch up with your "pending"  Smiley

Have you got multiple miners set for each GPU for fail over? If you do then they'll mine Multi when it comes back online.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Mike 71

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 11:44:05 AM

Don't worry - it'll give your "shares" a chance to catch up with your "pending"  Smiley

Have you got multiple miners set for each GPU for fail over? If you do then they'll mine Multi when it comes back online.

Last night i had but not yet. I am mining on 2 gameingpcs with got one card each, so its a bit different for me, i am not talking about GPUs and not on 24/7. For one of those i need a simple solution where everything can reseted (shut down miners, overclockings, fan speeds) with one click. Today i will install some remotecontroll to be prepared next time.

Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 12:12:03 PM

Does the pool also implement the Lie-in-Wait attack, discussed for example here?

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 12:19:01 PM

Does the pool also implement the Lie-in-Wait attack, discussed for example here?
I'm not sure how useful this attack would be in a big pool and a small pool might even be DOSed by dozens of GH/s dropping in for let's say 1 minute or 30 seconds and then submitting a winning share.

You might get more by blackmailing PPS pools threatening to withhold winning shares - you just need more mining power than they charge as fee! Grin

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
gentakin

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:04:09 PM

Lie-in-Wait is probably(?) most (only?) effective on score-based pools like slush's. At least that's the only scenario I've thought about before (not knowing this was already discussed). But this has probably been discussed already.

Judging from what is listed on the example stats page (http://multipool.hpc.tw/user/15iiHfHA3kaEjeBSNKphQoQWuiUHR7Decs), BTC Mine and Slush have pretty poor efficiency. Their score-based reward system seems to work as expected. Or maybe the multi pool implementation is not perfect yet. Now, if this pool introduced Lie-in-Wait, things might change a little.

It's an interesting project!

1HNjbHnpu7S3UUNMF6J9yWTD597LgtUCxb
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 03:27:12 PM

Lie-in-wait is anyways only useful for pool hopping pools like this one here, as otherwise the chace of finding a valid hash is so small, that the extra computations required to see IF a solution would be a winning solution might not really justify the results.

Here still a lot of extra computations would be needed, but at least there's a chance that really someone finds a solution within 1 week or so, depending on the hopping pool size.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:14:30 PM

Just a heads up: the pool is down for a little over half an hour.
Coaster

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:29:52 PM

due to the downtime I've only been able to send around 820Mh/s toward multipool.
For what it's worth, I predict it'll be more profitable than sticking to a single mining pool. My utility is 167 + my efficiency is just over 1

iopq

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:28:16 PM

due to the downtime I've only been able to send around 820Mh/s toward multipool.
For what it's worth, I predict it'll be more profitable than sticking to a single mining pool. My utility is 167 + my efficiency is just over 1
you run bad, mine is 1.77
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: