Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:27:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
blowme

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:22:44 PM

it is ready to ship??

Please read previous pages before asking such dumb question. Chips hasn't been delivered yet.

i know its a dumb question but it is 64 pages dude
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 07:34:15 PM

i know its a dumb question but it is 64 pages dude

I suggest to sign up for this newsletter: http://eepurl.com/zNH7v

Burnin assured everyone will hear his announcement there without the need to frequently read this thread. He will set up an order website soon™.

ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:54:31 PM

it is ready to ship??
Burnin is offering assembly service to put chips you bought from Avalon (or in a groupbuy) on a board he developed.
We all are now waiting on Avalon to start shipping ASIC chips we bought in groupbuy. In a few days Burnin will open a website to collect orders and payments for board assembly.
Sophokles

Activity: 1204
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 08:09:21 PM

Will ordering the watercooling cause any delays in shipping speed? Is the production level able to cover the amount of orders expected?

Thats something i think too. When burnin really can create 2000 miners a week or so, and the waterblocks allow a good overclocking, im sure they are taken fast. And i doubt they can be produced as fast as burnin creates miners.
Believe me there is no problem 2000 solid ALu blocks to be machined and drilled with threads in a week.
Even a small shop with 2 CNC machining centers is able to do this.

Ok, that sounds good then. I guess when its really onle 10€ more than the fan-solution and overclocking gives a slight advance with it... most of the buyers will have such thing.
Though im not sure yet because it would most probably limit were one could host it. At datacentres i mean.

I also like the idea of water cooling. But consider, it will probably take 1-2 days to set it all up, especially when you do water cooling for the first time. Might be even longer when parts are missing/incompatible (pumps, connectors, hoses,... whatever). The loss of BTC profits during that time might be substantial and should be added to the cost of water cooling. So I'm considering getting air cooling first, and upgrade to water cooling soon afterwards.

Also, how do you make sure you have sufficiently sized radiators and pumps? Can anyone with water cooling experience weigh in on how to estimate the componentes needed for n Bitburners XX (let's say 10,20 or even 50)?

Thanks!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:49:20 PM

Will ordering the watercooling cause any delays in shipping speed? Is the production level able to cover the amount of orders expected?

Thats something i think too. When burnin really can create 2000 miners a week or so, and the waterblocks allow a good overclocking, im sure they are taken fast. And i doubt they can be produced as fast as burnin creates miners.
Believe me there is no problem 2000 solid ALu blocks to be machined and drilled with threads in a week.
Even a small shop with 2 CNC machining centers is able to do this.

Ok, that sounds good then. I guess when its really onle 10€ more than the fan-solution and overclocking gives a slight advance with it... most of the buyers will have such thing.
Though im not sure yet because it would most probably limit were one could host it. At datacentres i mean.

I also like the idea of water cooling. But consider, it will probably take 1-2 days to set it all up, especially when you do water cooling for the first time. Might be even longer when parts are missing/incompatible (pumps, connectors, hoses,... whatever). The loss of BTC profits during that time might be substantial and should be added to the cost of water cooling. So I'm considering getting air cooling first, and upgrade to water cooling soon afterwards.

Also, how do you make sure you have sufficiently sized radiators and pumps? Can anyone with water cooling experience weigh in on how to estimate the componentes needed for n Bitburners XX (let's say 10,20 or even 50)?

Thanks!

You forgot the cost of paying for water and air cooling this way.
I'm also interested in estimates about the radiatorsize. I read many reviews today, one review was about 1 PC dissipating a total heat of ~290 Watt, using a 360mm (3x 120mm fans) on it with different fan speeds. fan speed at 800rpm were around 20°C above ambient, 1500rpm was like 5-6 °C above ambient. The cooling was even sufficient at 500 rpm. So 1 Bitburner (20 chips) was 40 Watt (as seen in OP), with overclocking i guess you could easily reach 80Watt and more. So for 6 bitburner (7*40 Watt = 280Watt) one 360mm radiator with 3 fans at lowered rpm should be enough. assuming the cooler is as efficient as those used in the review. Anyone else thought about this?

Hai
Sophokles

Activity: 1204
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:10:03 PM

You forgot the cost of paying for water and air cooling this way.

With current difficulty, the cost for air cooling will be recouped in about a day, with light overclocking. And the fans and heat sinks will have resale value within the mining community. But thanks for the heads-up!  Grin

I'm also interested in estimates about the radiatorsize. I read many reviews today, one review was about 1 PC dissipating a total heat of ~290 Watt, using a 360mm (3x 120mm fans) on it with different fan speeds. fan speed at 800rpm were around 20°C above ambient, 1500rpm was like 5-6 °C above ambient. The cooling was even sufficient at 500 rpm. So 1 Bitburner (20 chips) was 40 Watt (as seen in OP), with overclocking i guess you could easily reach 80Watt and more. So for 6 bitburner (7*40 Watt = 280Watt) one 360mm radiator with 3 fans at lowered rpm should be enough. assuming the cooler is as efficient as those used in the review. Anyone else thought about this?

This setup should be sufficent for 6 bitburners. Even with quite a bit of overclocking.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
finnzwerg

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:15:22 PM

Some spoilers from our side ^^

http://anfi-tec.de/forenbilder/13.07.11%20Bitburner/Anfi-tec%20Bitburner%20XX%201.JPG

and for the dark side
http://anfi-tec.de/forenbilder/13.07.11%20Bitburner/Anfi-tec%20Bitburner%20XX%202.JPG

The first watercooler Prototype arrived today at Burnin.
And onother one is to anodize blue(just like the Final version). We will post some pics here when this one is ready

We will produce them on demand! So make shure you order them (at Burnins shop) in the first 2 days after the Shop is online. We will do our best to have them ready as soon as possible!

Regards Finn
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:47:58 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 11:01:42 PM by chanberg

damn looks nice... But how do the boards attach onto the waterblock... 5 screws on each board, screwing onto the same location on the waterblock....

Also are the waterblock G 1/4 threads? Would love to use my own fittings...

Danny
tigerbit

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:54:46 PM

Intriguing.  Looks very nice.

Couple of questions:

can the boards still stack easily with this back to back cooler arrangement?

can someone with some watercooling experience give me an idea of the BOM to cool 12 boards?
12x80 = 960W

It seems like a great idea but I'm worried it will prove expensive when you add in radiators, pumps, fans, reservoirs.  Is this going to need £300 investment on top of the cooling blocks?

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:07:25 PM

Intriguing.  Looks very nice.

Couple of questions:

can someone with some watercooling experience give me an idea of the BOM to cool 12 boards?
12x80 = 960W

It seems like a great idea but I'm worried it will prove expensive when you add in radiators, pumps, fans, reservoirs.  Is this going to need £300 investment on top of the cooling blocks?

it honestly all depends on the waterblock price and number of boards your going to get..

Double 120mm Radiator - 100$
Pump - 80$ (Laing D5)
2 - 120mm Fans - 40$ (High static Pressure Fans) or 80$ if push pull config
Reservoir - 50 bucks
Fittings and Hoses - Depending on how many waterblocks you have, your looking at 2-5 dollars per fitting.. 6 boards is 12 fittings, plus 6 for pump, rad, reservoir.. These are the cheap fittings too.. If you get like nice fittings like monsoon your looking at 5-6 bucks EACH... 20 fittings would be 120 bucks alone...
Fluids - Distilled water or special additive. 20 bucks.

dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:32:42 PM

Any chance we can order the watercooling seperately? I don't want to risk any delays.

Hai
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:38:55 PM

Any chance we can order the watercooling seperately? I don't want to risk any delays.

+12254775587

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
tigerbit

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:40:09 PM

Intriguing.  Looks very nice.

Couple of questions:

12x80 = 960W

It seems like a great idea but I'm worried it will prove expensive when you add in radiators, pumps, fans, reservoirs.  Is this going to need £300 investment on top of the cooling blocks?

it honestly all depends on the waterblock price and number of boards your going to get..

Double 120mm Radiator - 100$
Pump - 80$ (Laing D5)
2 - 120mm Fans - 40$ (High static Pressure Fans) or 80$ if push pull config
Reservoir - 50 bucks
Fittings and Hoses - Depending on how many waterblocks you have, your looking at 2-5 dollars per fitting.. 6 boards is 12 fittings, plus 6 for pump, rad, reservoir.. These are the cheap fittings too.. If you get like nice fittings like monsoon your looking at 5-6 bucks EACH... 20 fittings would be 120 bucks alone...
Fluids - Distilled water or special additive. 20 bucks.

From the info I found googling around the PC cooling options, I don't thing a 120.2 is going to come close to dissipating 1kW which is what would be required for 12 boards with decent over clocking.  Unless I'm very much mistaken to maintain a reasonable delta of 10 degrees in the loop I'd be looking at x3 120.3s or x2 120.4s.  As I said, advice from an experienced water cooler that understands head dissipation, delta Ts, and fan/flow rates would be appreciated.

It's an example  BOM for components other than the water blocks I'm interested in as we can order those with the boards.

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
fiktionist

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:07:54 AM

My MORA is ready! Cheesy

liked that post? Official BeerAdress: 12Q9d7tntiQXARjpVSRKnQhzJy4MoAaonL
Serjah

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:26:48 AM

It's even pretty, what terms is producing? I want one of those too

fiktionist

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:36:06 AM

My MORA is ready! Cheesy

atm its cooling a dual Sandy Bridge-EP 8core Xeon Setup with two GTX770. The Mora is bored Smiley Fans at 700rpm and the air/water dif. is just like 8°C.

http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/25120

Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:46:52 AM

My MORA is ready! Cheesy

atm its cooling a dual Sandy Bridge-EP 8core Xeon Setup with two GTX770. The Mora is bored Smiley Fans at 700rpm and the air/water dif. is just like 8°C.

http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/25120

Looking at this setup it makes me want to water cool my whole computer.

Could you do us a favour and maybe point towards a place that explains watercooling well? German is ok for me, others might prefer english.

What I don't want to see is basically me checking everything, realizing that there is still something I need and then realize I have to wait three days for it to arrive... that would be unprofitable Cheesy
fiktionist

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:51:20 AM

My MORA is ready! Cheesy

Could you do us a favour and maybe point towards a place that explains watercooling well? German is ok for me, others might prefer english.

What I don't want to see is basically me checking everything, realizing that there is still something I need and then realize I have to wait three days for it to arrive... that would be unprofitable Cheesy

i would stick to this Smiley http://lifehacker.com/5940236/a-beginners-guide-to-water-cooling-your-computer

Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:25:43 AM

My MORA is ready! Cheesy

i would stick to this Smiley http://lifehacker.com/5940236/a-beginners-guide-to-water-cooling-your-computer

Looking good. Now I would love to understand how to calculate how much dissipation one of these rads can handle, could anyone help me?

I have six boards. From the conservative side I calcualte that a board at max speed takes up 70 watts very conservative.

So, 6 times 70 is 420 watts in power usage, I am not sure if this is correct, but I will simply use a "nothing lost" calc and assume that I need to dissipate 420w in heat.

How do I now calculate, how much dissipation the radiator brings? From what I see, with six boards I am assuming that a dual 120mm XSPC variation would be fine. And I would love that. I would use their kit with pump, buy more adapters, filling rings and buy more hoses and am done with it.

Did I understand that right? Damn, im a watercooling newb...

finnzwerg

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:43:47 AM

damn looks nice... But how do the boards attach onto the waterblock... 5 screws on each board, screwing onto the same location on the waterblock....

Also are the waterblock G 1/4 threads? Would love to use my own fittings...

Danny

Of course we use G 1/4" threads Wink

You will also be able to order the waterblocks over our homepage (anfi-tec.de) but then you have to pay twice the shipping cost and you have to attach the cooler yourself.

@schrankwand yes that is right. ~95% of the heat will be emit in the water.

About the radiator size:

When you use a tripple Radiator (3*120Fans)  you have round about ~0,025°C/w  = - that means per 100w the watertemperatur will rise 2,5°C.
If you use a Mora (or 3 Tripple radi) radiator you have round about ~0,008°C/w - that means per 100w the watertemperatur will rise 0,8°C.

here is a short upscaling example:

Tripple radi and 16 Boards @40w =640w -> 0,025°C/w * 640w = 16°C watertemperatur over Air Temperatur. with a 3 trippleradis = 5,3°C
Tripple radi and 16 Boards @80w =1280w -> 0,025°C/w * 1280w = 32°C watertemperatur over Air Temperatur. with 3 trippleradis = 10,6°C

no guarantee for these examples!

Regards Finn
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: