Bitcoin Forum
December 01, 2021, 04:03:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 22.0 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poclbm issues with OSX  (Read 1857 times)
Hobsie
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 18
Merit: 0


View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:36:49 PM
 #1

I've been trying to get any sort of miner working in OSX (10.8.3) without much luck.

I originally tried the build here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166347.0 (big thanks to Anonymailer). But got various errors (in the link).

I then tried a fresh clone of poclbm and installed PyOpenCL from scratch (which seemed to install fine).

If I try to run poclbm.py with appropriate commands I get the following errors (sensitive info replaced with xxxx):

Code:
xxxx:poclbm xxxx$  python poclbm.py --verbose -f 60 -v -d 1 --no-bfl xxxx:xxxx@api.bitcoin.cz:8332
 15/04/2013 16:23:04, started OpenCL miner on platform 0, device 1 (ATI Radeon HD 6750M)
 15/04/2013 16:23:04, Setting server (xxxx @ api.bitcoin.cz:8332)
api.bitcoin.cz:8332 15/04/2013 16:23:04,  No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/asyncore.py", line 83, in read
    obj.handle_read_event()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/asyncore.py", line 442, in handle_read_event
    self.handle_read()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/asynchat.py", line 158, in handle_read
    self.found_terminator()
  File "/Users/xxxx/bitcoin/poclbm/StratumSource.py", line 317, in found_terminator
    message = loads(self.data)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 326, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
api.bitcoin.cz:8332 15/04/2013 16:23:14, Failed to subscribe
api.bitcoin.cz:8332 15/04/2013 16:23:16, IO errors - 1, tolerance 2

Any ideas?
-Hobsie

Edit: I had forgotten that I had the --no-bfl in the options. Without it I get:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "poclbm.py", line 86, in <module>
    import BFLMiner
  File "/Users/xxxx/bitcoin/poclbm/BFLMiner.py", line 5, in <module>
    from serial.serialutil import SerialException
ImportError: No module named serial.serialutil
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1638374590
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1638374590

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1638374590
Reply with quote  #2

1638374590
Report to moderator
1638374590
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1638374590

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1638374590
Reply with quote  #2

1638374590
Report to moderator
Anonymailer
aka BitBacco
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 662
Merit: 500



View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 08:44:24 PM
 #2

do you have pyserial installed? that's the module it can't find in the second code quote… for the json error i'm not sure but you might need jansson installed http://www.digip.org/jansson/

are you using macports or homebrew?

not much point testing at the moment though what with the DDOS on slush…

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
Hobsie
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 18
Merit: 0


View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:58:36 PM
 #3

Thanks again, Yeah I had to stop trying with Slush's pool down.

I ended up trying a few miners (poclbm, Diablo and CGminer). I ended up getting CGMiner to work (had to grab the source and compile from scratch which took a while with all the dependencies).

I'm going to roll with that for now but I'm going to assume my case was caused by not having correct dependencies setup as you mentioned.

Thanks for all the help buddy!
-Hobsie
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!