Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 7$?  (Read 1801 times)
Angril

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:56:08 AM

I doubt bitcoin will drop below $50 anytime soon, if anything it will continue to slowly stabilize at around $120-$160.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rock2013

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:08:03 AM

Why are newbies agreeing on a low that has almost no chance of happening again.
Bitcoin will continue to improve, untill reaching stability levels, maybe above 50$.

The continued mtgox problems, continued bad press, exchange closures and cross exchange problems is why I think it will continue to correct itself.
jlbraun

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:09:35 AM

At current electricity prices, bitcoin is only worth about $31, the rest is all seignorage.
daggeteo

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:08:05 AM

At current electricity prices, bitcoin is only worth about $31, the rest is all seignorage.

I'd say that is a good point!
jsmarclook

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:12:18 AM

I was all set to buy at $124, but then it went to $266. Luckily I wasn't verified to trade yet, saved me some cash.

I don't see it at 266 today? When was it at that price?
puffpuffpass

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:16:39 AM

I'd say 20 bucks is the new low. Just a gut feeling but I also believe it'll bounce back up if that were the case.

don't confuse "gut" feelings with "stupid" feelings. in other words, you were wrong. I bought at $57 few days ago. There was the stupid part of my thought process there, just like you, that thought this would drop to $20. haha! well, that was clearly wrong. I've learned that bitcoin is very strong, after missing the first run up. Sad I knew it would go up very high, but did not realize how strong the run would be. anyone who thinks bitcoin is dropping ought to reconsider with what reasoning they are using to make that judgement?

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
PlutoPetery

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:27:02 AM

Anything counts for a post these days, even
Keanu Reeves impressions.
InMotion

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:34:12 AM

Today is crazy.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:36:38 AM

it won't go under 50.
daggeteo

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:40:23 AM

I'd say 20 bucks is the new low. Just a gut feeling but I also believe it'll bounce back up if that were the case.

don't confuse "gut" feelings with "stupid" feelings. in other words, you were wrong. I bought at $57 few days ago. There was the stupid part of my thought process there, just like you, that thought this would drop to $20. haha! well, that was clearly wrong. I've learned that bitcoin is very strong, after missing the first run up. Sad I knew it would go up very high, but did not realize how strong the run would be. anyone who thinks bitcoin is dropping ought to reconsider with what reasoning they are using to make that judgement?

Respectfully, I'd say it is foolish to use the word stupid especially since I am speculating that it will drop down, hence you can't say I WAS wrong.

That said, I still believe that 20 bucks would be the extreme low. Also unlikely to happen. More likely is that we will see another dip turning around 60. There are so many variables to this that it is impossible to predict what will happen. We all have to weigh in different aspects and we value them differently. All of us will make bad decisions, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them stupid.
InMotion

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:43:40 AM

Still rising.
puffpuffpass

Activity: 70

I'm nobody.

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:36:13 PM

Respectfully, I'd say it is foolish to use the word stupid especially since I am speculating that it will drop down, hence you can't say I WAS wrong.

That said, I still believe that 20 bucks would be the extreme low. Also unlikely to happen. More likely is that we will see another dip turning around 60. There are so many variables to this that it is impossible to predict what will happen. We all have to weigh in different aspects and we value them differently. All of us will make bad decisions, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them stupid.

Well I don't think it trades the way people expect. This is not like Forex, stocks, gold/silver, other commodities and indices. It's a thing of it's own. The price can be anything.. What causes it to drop is less than what causes it to rise more often than any other trade-able entity I've personally ever witnessed, even though it is being foolishly treated as conventional. Don't take my use of the word stupid personally, I was calling myself stupid actually.

An opinion.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
Hiroaki

Activity: 404
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:39:53 PM

Everything is possible  Grin but I doubt we will see single digits again !

BitcoinLeader

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 08:19:56 PM

Why are newbies agreeing on a low that has almost no chance of happening again.
Bitcoin will continue to improve, untill reaching stability levels, maybe above 50$.

Actually I disagree; BTC rose from $50 to $140 in less than a week, that is 280% increase (!).

I think it will at least rise to $200 again so everybody who bought from the panic-sellers 2 weeks ago can cash their profits and then we will face another DDOS so everybody will panic-sell again and this will repeat a couple times.

The real big underground players are orchestrating this up and downs to maximize their profits.

My advice is to just buy as much as you can when BTC gets $70 or lower and keep waiting till it hits $200 again.
You can just put a limit buy order on bitstamp.net and install the Bitcoinum app on your smartphone to alert the ceiling range so you always know when you can sell best.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 08:21:19 PM

This is the low.

Do you want to buy any?  I have some for sale.

HAHAHAHA
Kennji

Activity: 84

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:22:10 PM

I remember hearing about when it went down to 3 dollars range.

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
painintheneck

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:39:04 PM

Where do you think is the low this time going to be?
2011 it went pretty low.

see the chart, set it to logarithmic

draw a line at the slope that is the average .... it appears today it should be about 50.... 75 by november?

that's my guess
daggeteo

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:58:23 PM

Well I don't think it trades the way people expect. This is not like Forex, stocks, gold/silver, other commodities and indices. It's a thing of it's own. The price can be anything.. What causes it to drop is less than what causes it to rise more often than any other trade-able entity I've personally ever witnessed, even though it is being foolishly treated as conventional. Don't take my use of the word stupid personally, I was calling myself stupid actually.

An opinion.

I misinterpreted you Smiley I believe that you are right, this can't really be compared to other ways of trading as this is something fairly unique. I think this is a great experiment and hopefully it will turn out to be more than just an experiment.
Psino

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:06:50 PM

I doubt it will get so close to 50 again. On the other hand, I have no idea and you probably don't either.

Personally I find speculation distasteful. (I always downvote it on reddit.) Newbie jail sucks even worse than speculation. So it goes.
St.Bit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:29:39 PM

Everything is possible  Grin but I doubt we will see single digits again !

Make it double digits and it would be argueable, but single is impossible.

Newbie jail sucks even worse than speculation.

Agreed. And I'm free.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: