Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:09:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is miningunited.com a SCAM, turning .1 bitcoins into .137 for almost free?  (Read 28686 times)
MiningUnited

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:11:07 PM

Now that you were caught in a lie you want to "get back on track". Figures.

Forum records will show this to be true you fool. Just because you deleted the posts doesn't mean all evidence of them is gone. There are also plenty of witnesses in the thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195086.new;topicseen#new . However, this is all OFF TOPIC.

I would love to see the forum records.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbcch0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:13:42 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 08:13:59 PM by dbcch0

These scammers need to realize that just because we're using Bitcoin, that doesn't make them exempt from federal laws regarding ponzi schemes. A quick Google reveals this case of a guy getting 17 YEARS for running his Ponzi Scheme: http://www.fbi.gov/boston/press-releases/2013/milton-man-sentenced-to-17-years-for-orchestrating-large-ponzi-scheme-and-massive-mail-fraud

Alright, I'll say it was a total lie (not really, but trying to get you to move on). I totally lied and made up, out of the blue, the unrelated claim that you said "taxes are illegal" and you'll "never pay taxes". Totally came to me out of the blue, lol.

Now, can you get back to your Ponzi Scheme defense? I find this hilarious. It's also great evidence for your inevitable prosecution.

Newcomers, read this thread of a now infamous Bitcoin Ponzi Scheme, unknown at the time, and how the defenses are so similar .. again, he defended himself to the end, but now it's well documented and he's been publicly labelled as a scammer in his profile here.

After reading that thread and wondering "WOW, lots of people believed in the scam!" .. then see this recent thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159772.0 (or others) for the status on the subsequent investigation and likely arrest and incarcertation of PirateAt40. The scam is well documented, but it's amazing to see the old thread (first link) documenting the development of the scam, as it happened.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:18:05 PM

Those were real "coins" not "BitCoins". Seriously? Get your facts together.

Alright, I'll say it was a total lie (despite forum records and witnesses). I totally lied and made up, out of the blue, the unrelated claim that you said "taxes are illegal" and you'll "never pay taxes".

Now that I concede its a lie (not really, but you get my point), can you get back to your Ponzi Scheme defense? I find this hilarious.

Just wow.
dbcch0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:20:24 PM

Those were real "coins" not "BitCoins". Seriously? Get your facts together.

You are a fool. Bitcoin or donkeys, any commodity that has value can be used in a Ponzi Scheme. It's illegal. We all know you're a scammer. The End.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:25:04 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 07:41:55 PM by MiningUnited

Not exactly. As we are able to generate new bitcoin through mining (it is how you make new BitCoin if you didn't know) you cannot compare us to any ponzi scheme. We are not operating a ponzi scheme. We take the payments and use them to run computers to generate new BitCoin. We are basically "printing out own money". No ponzi scheme can do this.

Dbcch0, you have nothing but lied (admitted it), provided unfactual, uneducated information in attempts to prove we are a scam. You are not doing so well.

We are not going to "defend to the end" that we are not a scam. This might suprise people, but we know what the opinions are, and respect that. We may not agree with you, but will fight to death your right to say it - just please don't lie.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 07:39:52 PM

Not exactly. As we are able to generate new bitcoin through mining (it is how you make new BitCoin if you didn't know) you cannot compare us to any ponzi scheme. We are not operating a ponzi scheme. We take the payments and use them to run computers to generate new BitCoin. We are basically "printing out own money". No ponzi scheme can do this.

If you're printing your own money, why do you need to offer 10% daily to people in order to get loans to keep your business running? Are you going broke with your "secret business plans", are you that desperate?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:46:35 PM

If you're printing your own money, why do you need to offer 10% daily to people in order to get loans to keep your business running? Are you going broke with your "secret business plans", are you that desperate?

We are having other people pay for our Mining gear, why wouldn't we? Where do you think we got over 1,250 BitCoin to be able to buy all the mining gear we now have? Are you saying we should just pay back out the current users and stop? We could do this, but why? Why not provide a service for those who can't mine for BitCoin themselves, or don't know how. Should we just stop now and be that greedy?
dbcch0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:04:23 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 08:16:04 PM by dbcch0

Here's a thread discussing what is happening with the similar scam run by Trendon Shavers (PirateAt40). Yes, it's similar, despite their explanations being different. A Ponzi Scheme is a Ponzi Scheme.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159772.0

The SEC is apparently building a case, has collected witnesses, and is proceeding. It takes time, and Trendon Savers (PirateAt40) will eventually go to prison.

I would think after what Trendon Shavers did to this community, perpetuating his fraud HERE ON THE FORUMS, I'd suggest this community start taking a STAND against fraud. MiningUnited should be labelled a scammer, banned, and that should be the end of it. Sure, he'll come back, try again, repeat process, until he finally goes to prison for something. Learn from the past.

And 10% daily is what, 36,500% APR? lol .. yea, real legit.

It may take some time, but you are going to end up in prison MiningUnited. Have fun Smiley. The End. Ponzi Scheme.

To any reader: Apply some common sense. Even if this guy returns Bitcoins at first, he won't for long (it's impossible). He is breaking federal law, and his absurd excuses won't get him far in court.

SHUT THESE PEOPLE DOWN! There ARE SUCKERS who WILL fall for these schemes. It's the responsibility of the community to make sure it doesn't happen.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 08:07:21 PM

We are having other people pay for our Mining gear, why wouldn't we? Where do you think we got over 1,250 BitCoin to be able to buy all the mining gear we now have? Are you saying we should just pay back out the current users and stop? We could do this, but why? Why not provide a service for those who can't mine for BitCoin themselves, or don't know how. Should we just stop now and be that greedy?

You probably should stop if your business model is so terrible that you need to offer 10% daily for short term loans. Yet you claim to make free money, with a secret business model you refuse to talk about. There's a serious flaw somewhere.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
dbcch0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:23:24 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 08:44:45 PM by dbcch0

Hey, he just wants to send everyone free money out of the goodness of his heart!

Printing his 'own money' is so profitable that he needs YOUR MONEY, lol. He's dong so well that he must solicit short term loans from random people at an interest rate in the stratosphere.

Apply common sense. You think this person is going to send you back more money than you invested? Maybe the first time, maybe the second, but he'll GET YOU at some point, and you're going to take a net loss. That's the nature of Ponzi Schemes.

This 'business' is anonymous. Domain registered under DomainsByProxy. No identifiable information. Deflection. Excuses.

Ponzi Schemes are illegal. Even if he is so delusional as to think he isn't breaking the law, that doesn't matter in court. He'll be prosecuted and sent to prison.

Or, how about this, BEFORE you send this scammer any money, how about you AT LEAST determine who he really is. Sounds reasonable enough, eh?

Enjoy prison.  The Bitcoin community MUST take a stand against these obvious fraud. Come the heck on folks!

----

Let's see what time will tell ...

Is there any way to prove that he is speaking the truth?

Why don't you demand to know who he really is? Isn't that reasonable? If he's legit, that should be no problem.

Of course, he isn't legit, that's why he is anonymous.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:36:31 PM

Ponzi schemes are illegal. Anyone who is running one should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law in their jurisdiction. We agree, The BitCoin Community must take a stance against fraud and we will donate, or help out, in anyway possible.

bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 08:37:22 PM

Still no reply dude?

Andy B

MiningUnited

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:48:54 PM

Still no reply dude?

Andy B

As we said, we will consider your advertising options and get back to you. Thanks!
dbcch0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:52:19 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 09:10:34 PM by dbcch0

Still no reply dude?

Andy B

As we said, we will consider your advertising options and get back to you. Thanks!

Who is 'we'? I seriously doubt there is more than one fraudster here, but please provide your real identity. If you're going to do 'business', that's a pre-requisite. Of course, I already know, as does everyone else who has any sense, that this is a scam, a 'long con', a Ponzi Scheme, and *people will lose*. Even if he pays back once, twice, eventually he'll run away with you money, because the 'super secret business plan' is nonsensical. Does he sound like someone intelligent enough to even come up with any sort of business plan? lol

Provide your real identity and methods to confirm it. That's not too much to ask. It'll be helpful to the FBI/SEC when they prosecute you for fraud. Save them time.

Anonymous domain registration. Anonymous forum account. Heck, he may be the infamous PirateAt40, back to scam again. Suckers.

Do NOT encourage these types of scams by being a fool and sending him your money. At least demand to know who he is before you do, so you have some insurance. And once you get a name, double and triple verify it. If he was legit, he'd have registered his domain publicly, not anonymously. He continues to refuse to identify himself, but wants you to trust him with your money. Oh, oooakkay.

MINING UNITED IS A SCAM. Mining United is a fraud. MiningUnited is a Ponzi Scheme or Pyramid Scheme. MiningUnited is anonymous. MiningUnited.com is engaged in an overt fraud against the Bitcoin community.
That clear enough?
GhostDK

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:40:07 AM

Hi I have used MiningUnited for like 2-3 weeks now. I have gotten my payout ever time on the clock, never missed one payout. I have written to him on mail and we have reached 26 mails now. He seems to be a very nice man and he is always there to help you if you don't understand something. I will say good for him I also thought it was a ponzi scam to starters but I don't anymore.

What are the meaning of Bitcoins? Yes to be anonymos and thats just what he is trying to do Wink
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:11:07 AM

Hi I have used MiningUnited for like 2-3 weeks now. I have gotten my payout ever time on the clock, never missed one payout. I have written to him on mail and we have reached 26 mails now. He seems to be a very nice man and he is always there to help you if you don't understand something. I will say good for him I also thought it was a ponzi scam to starters but I don't anymore.

What are the meaning of Bitcoins? Yes to be anonymos and thats just what he is trying to do Wink

Usually the people trying to scam you try to seem nice, that way you trust them and give them more and more... then they cut and run.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:34:43 AM

We apologize. We should have better explained our service from the beginning, our mistake.

Please Read: http://www.MiningUnited.com/whatwedo.html

Over the next few days we will become increasingly more transparent.
M8R

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:36:08 AM

trying this again and will keep you posted
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:42:50 AM

We take a percentage of the payment (around 0.01-0.04 BitCoin) and use it to pay for the mining equipment, the rest is set aside (around 0.21-0.24) to be added to the payout later. The more users the less percentage that is taken from each purchase! Since we never know how many users we will have, we require a payment of 0.25.

This is so uneffecient o.O
Essentially you get a 0.01-0.04 BTC loan for every 0.25 we send and then pay back ~double amount.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:45:00 AM

This hardly seems effecient o.O
Essentially you get a 0.01-0.04 BTC loan for every 0.25.

Well, when we started and hardly had users we had to take A LOT more.

The closer we get to constantly having 300 users, the lower the amount.

Example, if we only had 100 users, it would be 0.03-0.12 taken. It all scales.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: