Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:03:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] BitWrk: Better ways to earn Bitcoins than mining  (Read 35096 times)
theaftermath

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:01:39 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 07:25:05 PM by theaftermath

I'll be running buy orders for uBTC 333 for a couple of hours. The 500 error code is just what the raytracer is seeing. You can see what's really going wrong in the client's console. Yes, I know that's inconvenient!

WRT to port forwarding, looks like there is still something blocking port 8082. What does http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ say?

Edit: Oh, and I am seeing this error in the server's log:
Invalid price satoshi 10, must be >= uBTC 10

I just ran the client and did not see your buy orders.

8082 is open according to yougetsignal.com

Yes the satoshi error was me messing around but I fixed that because I got an error on my end as well.

I think the problem is that the master is trying to connect and receive info from the slave. However the slave and the master are on the same ip address and that creates an issue.

Edit: Aha, it is working now. I have no idea why. All I have done is walk away and come back later and restart my computer a time or two. Oh well! I'm thinking of making some applications to sell. This is exciting!

Edit 2: And there you are with your 333 uBTC buy! You're working my poor computer to death LOL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
indyjo (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 09:51:55 PM

Edit: Aha, it is working now. I have no idea why. All I have done is walk away and come back later and restart my computer a time or two. Oh well! I'm thinking of making some applications to sell. This is exciting!

Edit 2: And there you are with your 333 uBTC buy! You're working my poor computer to death LOL
Ahh, that made my day :-)

Please go ahead and embed BitWrk support into your favorite software. It's not very difficult from a programming point of view. The hard part is done by the BitWrk client. I can provide you with all necessary documentation, will just need some time to write it.

Do you know what I really like about BitWrk? If all works out, it could be a whole new business model for open source software.

Developing BitWrk - make your hardware work for BTC.
theaftermath

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:35:29 AM

It is! It's basically crowdsourcing computing power.

I found the Buy/Sell terminology confusing. Perhaps that could be changed to Jobs/Bids?

Also, are you thinking of system that sends the worker application to client computers?

Have you thought of the possibility of this being used to make a botnet or distribute malicious software? For instance what if worker application  was actually cryptolocker and it simply ran for a few minutes at high speed (to look like a legitimate application) but instead encrypts the users home directory? The attacker would simply pay 330uBTC to deliver their payload.

Perhaps there needs to be an approval process before a worker application is allowed onto the network.
indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 01:26:19 PM

I too am not 100% happy with the buy/sell terminology, and I am open for suggestions. Both buyers and sellers place bids, so that term would be ambiguous.

Security is a very important factor and your scenario is quite creepy. BitWrk service operators have to keep a close eye on potential security risks.

The system is designed so that selling needs a little more technical expertise than buying, so we should recommend some basic security guidelines.

indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 06:57:35 PM

BitWrk plugged in podcast:
Stephen Sprinkle from morningbit.com has plugged BitWrk for his podcast.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHY_Y20Fl4E

indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 08:16:40 AM

Linux package available

This is good news for users of Arch Linux. There is now a binary package available for you:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bitwrk/

I hope the Open Source community is going to produce more packages soon, for all those wonderful Linux distributions out there. A great way to support this project, by the way. Big thanks to Bradley Pesicka!

indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 10:16:08 PM

New release 20140124

This development release adds experimental support for Blender, the Open Source rendering software. Rendering tasks can be dispatched to the BitWrk service, possibly greatly enhancing rendering times.

Having Blender support could make BitWrk, and also Bitcoin, interesting for new target audiences, like artists, architects, students.

indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 01:10:54 PM

Here is a screenshot of Blender halfway through rendering an image using BitWrk:

indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 10:38:06 AM

BitWrk is rolling along nicely!  Grin

The Blender module has stirred up some attention in the Blender community (e.g., on blenderartists.org and on blendpolis.de) I could still use some help in development.

So, you can help BitWrk in the following ways:
  • Good: Try out the software, do some Blender rendering, report bugs
  • Better: Provide a BitWrk node or two, on a fast computer, providing Blender rendering to the community
  • Even better: Participate developing the BitWrk software! Contributions will automatically be paid with some mBTC by Tip4Commit
  • Even better: Try to integrate BitWrk into your favorite, compute-intensive application. This is a lot of work but will be rewarded by a share on generated revenue. Please contact me for opportunities!

If you like the project you can also donate to Tip4Commit, which encourages participation by paying tips: 

I would like to stabilize on the client software and Blender integration, before I start feeding BitWrk with Bitcoin transactions.

indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 06:38:08 AM

Update: BitWrk 0.3.0 "Mercury" has been released! Release announcement here.

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 11:47:57 PM

Interesting project. I had the exact same idea a while back specifically related to Blender. I even started building a front end for it https://github.com/super3/FastF12
Would love to try it out but you need to put out some easy to run software.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:55:02 AM

Would love to try it out but you need to put out some easy to run software.

Ok, there are now binaries for Windows and OSX on the release page: https://github.com/indyjo/bitwrk/releases/tag/0.3.0

Can you run them?

infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:24:18 PM

Code:
bitwrk-blender-0.3.0>$ python3 blender-slave.py --blender /bin/blender
Blender version could not be detected

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux archaspire 3.15.1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 17 09:34:41 CEST 2014 i686 GNU/Linux

Code:
$ blender --version
Blender 2.71 (sub 0)
        build date: 2014-06-26
        build time: 20:24:22
        build commit date: 2014-06-25
        build commit time: 20:29
        build hash: 772af36
        build platform: Linux
        build type: Release
        build c flags:  -Wall -Wcast-align -Werror=declaration-after-statement -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=return-type -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wpointer-arith -Wunused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wlogical-op -Wundef -Winit-self -Wnonnull -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wno-div-by-zero -Wtype-limits -Wuninitialized -Wredundant-decls -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4  -fopenmp  -msse2  -msse -pipe -fPIC -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing
        build c++ flags:  -Wredundant-decls -Wall -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-sign-compare -Wlogical-op -Winit-self -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wno-div-by-zero -Wtype-limits -Wuninitialized -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4  -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -fopenmp  -msse2  -msse -pipe -fPIC -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing
        build link flags:  -Wl,--version-script=/build/blender/src/blender-2.71/source/creator/blender.map -pthread
        build system: CMake

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
indyjo (OP)

Developer of BitWrk

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 11:29:34 AM

Code:
$ blender --version
Blender 2.71 (sub 0)
Sorry, Blender 2.71 is not yet supported. I was on vacation last month, and it will take me a couple of weeks to get the next release done. I recommend that you try with Blender 2.70a!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: