Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:23:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitrated: Bringing trust back to Bitcoin  (Read 1700 times)
bitcoineverything (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 12:59:24 PM

Hi guys!,

Bitcoin has been criticized about its lack of regulatory system and trust was questionable when making Bitcoin transactions.

In answer to this issue, Bitcoin startup Bitrated provides consumer protection and fraud prevention mechanisms for Bitcoin. It added a trust layer on top of the blockchain technology.

How do you see Bitrated for Bitcoin? Please let us know your thoughts about it. Smiley

We are here to give you all the latest from the Cryptocurrency space!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 01:51:27 AM

Hi guys!,

Bitcoin has been criticized about its lack of regulatory system and trust was questionable when making Bitcoin transactions.

In answer to this issue, Bitcoin startup Bitrated provides consumer protection and fraud prevention mechanisms for Bitcoin. It added a trust layer on top of the blockchain technology.

How do you see Bitrated for Bitcoin? Please let us know your thoughts about it. Smiley

I also believe this is Bitcoin's answer to altcoins who offer more security and regulation features. With Bitrated, for me, Bitcoin is still the best cryptocurrency in the world. Smiley

isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:19:40 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 03:19:59 AM by isen

With Bitrated, for me, Bitcoin is still the best cryptocurrency in the world. Smiley
With or without Bitrated, Bitcoin is by far the best cryptocurrency.
On topic, I used Bitrated's automated escrow a few days ago for the first time, and I am very satisfied with their service, I recommend this site to everyone, and there is no doubt that I will use it again for my future deals.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:28:41 AM

Hi guys!,

i keep seeing this from Mrai trading  thread and now i wanted to learn more about it, might help me to trade not only Mrai but more coins
and with the concept it will help both parties not being a victim of possible scam so its nice just needed to be more familiarize and for
sure it is helpful service.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:39:47 AM

I heard about the service months ago, I made an account but never used it due to lack in the userbase. I personally don't think that most of the community will use it even If they need an escrow because everyone became paranoid about third party services and prefer to use escrows from the forum instead.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:00:35 AM

I personally don't think that most of the community will use it even If they need an escrow because everyone became paranoid about third party services and prefer to use escrows from the forum instead.
Yes you are right, trusting third party will be always risky and escrows here in the forum can handle large amount of bitcoin transactions also so personally i prefer to use escrow service from trusted forum member.

I have't heard about bitrated before, explored few pages including faq to find out what actually bitrated is for. Sound interesting but i don't think many know about them so they seems to have very low userbase.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 08:59:14 AM

There is no trust to bring back to bitcoin because it never happened that I lost trust with bitcoin, and in fact I always have benefitted with bitcoin sustainable income which I used in my family. If you will ask me about the ratings that I will give to bitcoin I am very confident to say, I do give a 100 percent trust rating. We should be thankfull of this opportunity given us through bitcoin for several days passed by that we experienced good price of btc exchange.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:40:48 AM

On topic, I used Bitrated's automated escrow a few days ago for the first time and I am very satisfied with their service, I recommend this site to everyone and there is no doubt that I will use it again for my future deals.
So basically it is an providing escrow kind of thing ? But I read they are dealing with trust chain of users like user-1 trusts user-2 and user-2 trusts user-3 hence user-1 can trust user-3. I am not sure how they will be implementing as I do this is complete controversial system because as per bitcoin's core concept it was build to have a complete 'trust-less' world.

Adding a layer based on others trust might get broken at any point as human might change time to time.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

Adding a layer based on others trust might get broken at any point as human might change time to time.
One of the most frightening thing will be during dispute in trade. The escrow can make some agreement with the seller/buyer and can easily cheat the one party without being noticed by others.
https://www.bitrated.com/faq
When a dispute arises, the trust agent can intervene, review the case and decide which party to side with — either refunding the payment to the buyer, or releasing it to the seller.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:00:26 PM

One of the most frightening thing will be during dispute in trade. The escrow can make some agreement with the seller/buyer and can easily cheat the one party without being noticed by others.
When a dispute arises, the trust agent can intervene, review the case and decide which party to side with — either refunding the payment to the buyer, or releasing it to the seller.

Yeah, this is hard. Look at what happens in places like eBay. Someone sells a computer/laptop and puts bricks in the box to make it about the weight of the real item. When the receiver gets it, how can one prove they were the ones scammed?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 03:27:33 AM

With Bitrated, for me, Bitcoin is still the best cryptocurrency in the world. Smiley
With or without Bitrated, Bitcoin is by far the best cryptocurrency.
On topic, I used Bitrated's automated escrow a few days ago for the first time, and I am very satisfied with their service, I recommend this site to everyone, and there is no doubt that I will use it again for my future deals.

Absolutely right! Also, thank you for sharing your experience with Bitrated. The service is definitely helpful and satisfying as to our experience as well. Smiley

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:54:59 AM

I like the reputation system idea behind the marketplace. But I dislike the part where it needs to get your social media information. Those can be faked and it can be used to cheat the system.

I wish there was the same type idea but with a decentralized network working under it. Does Open Bazaar have an effective reputation system? 
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:18:02 PM

Heard of it but never really had a use to try out their service for myself.
So they don't work like a bitcoin market place but is a escrow service when buying digital goods and some physical one too?

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:57:13 PM

So they don't work like a bitcoin market place but is a escrow service when buying digital goods and some physical one too?
i'm not so familiar with it but i was able to use it because i needed to sell my mrai and its really working just needed to make sure that the escrow is trustworthy to avoid being scam i use Hostfat as automatic escrow and made the trade successfully aside from mrai trade don't have time yet to explore more about bitrated services offer.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:17:39 PM

i'm not so familiar with it but i was able to use it because i needed to sell my mrai and its really working just needed to make sure that the escrow is trustworthy to avoid being scam i use Hostfat as automatic escrow and made the trade successfully aside from mrai trade don't have time yet to explore more about bitrated services offer.
Do they only do alt coins or you can use their escrow service for anything you want?
How does the escrow know the seller actually has the item being sold?
It is quite confusing when an escrow is used with selling goods especially physical ones unless the seller is sending it them directly and they are sending it to you instead of the seller sending it to you and waiting until received then escrow releasing the funds held when the buyer confirms everything is ok to do so.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:50:21 AM

Hi guys!,

i keep seeing this from Mrai trading  thread and now i wanted to learn more about it, might help me to trade not only Mrai but more coins
and with the concept it will help both parties not being a victim of possible scam so its nice just needed to be more familiarize and for
sure it is helpful service.

It is a good service. You should try soon and let us know your experience here. Smiley

bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 03:23:54 AM

I heard about the service months ago, I made an account but never used it due to lack in the userbase. I personally don't think that most of the community will use it even If they need an escrow because everyone became paranoid about third party services and prefer to use escrows from the forum instead.

I guess they are just all the same. Bitrated and other escrow services have the "third party" who goes in between the buyer and the seller. However, it all depends on your experiences. If you are good with the escrow services in the forum, why go anywhere else. Smiley

bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 08:32:54 AM

I personally don't think that most of the community will use it even If they need an escrow because everyone became paranoid about third party services and prefer to use escrows from the forum instead.
Yes you are right, trusting third party will be always risky and escrows here in the forum can handle large amount of bitcoin transactions also so personally i prefer to use escrow service from trusted forum member.

I have't heard about bitrated before, explored few pages including faq to find out what actually bitrated is for. Sound interesting but i don't think many know about them so they seems to have very low userbase.

Bitrated implements online reputation management system which is somehow the same with the forum. Arbiters need to maintain good reputation for them to be trusted. Smiley

bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 01:16:07 AM

There is no trust to bring back to bitcoin because it never happened that I lost trust with bitcoin, and in fact I always have benefitted with bitcoin sustainable income which I used in my family. If you will ask me about the ratings that I will give to bitcoin I am very confident to say, I do give a 100 percent trust rating. We should be thankfull of this opportunity given us through bitcoin for several days passed by that we experienced good price of btc exchange.

Making transactions with Bitcoin may be one thing where other people loose their trust to the cryptocurrency. Bitrated and other escrow services help prevent and minimize the cases of fraud and things alike. Smiley

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:44:20 PM

Seems to me they're doing Paypal-like work. I've read a bit about their reputation system, but how do they protect the platform from rep manipulators? I can't find an in-depth explanation about that.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀