Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: How do I sign a message using my blockchain.info address  (Read 26122 times)
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:23:01 PM

Do it on mainnet and post the address/message/signature here.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7queue

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:30:05 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 09:45:13 PM by 7queue

Do it on mainnet and post the address/message/signature here.

address Huh that is where I am hung up? what address? I have many addresses on my mainnet wallet, which one does it use?

this is the transaction : https://blockchain.info/address/1C2PWB7JoEyT5Yygiq8eG3XC7WcuSdj6eA

Thanks!

8 )

Edit: spelling

8 )
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:53:00 PM

You can use any address you own.  So this one for example assuming you were the one sending the coins:  1C2PWB7JoEyT5Yygiq8eG3XC7WcuSdj6eA

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
7queue

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:57:49 PM

You can use any address you own.  So this one for example assuming you were the one sending the coins:  1C2PWB7JoEyT5Yygiq8eG3XC7WcuSdj6eA

That is the third address listed in my 'Recieve' Huh how is that connected with the send?

I'm reading the code now, this is not intuitive by any means!

Thanks!

8 )

8 )
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:01:11 PM

You sign it with whatever address you want to prove that you own.  And verify it with the same address.

7queue

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:06:17 PM

You sign it with whatever address you want to prove that you own.  And verify it with the same address.

I get that much, but on test net, I have only one address, and it fails to verify?

So what gives?

I sent the payment to Canary but according to this verification, can't prove it Huh

I won't give up, this has to be simple, and I'm missing something Huh

Thanks!

8 )

8 )
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:07:34 PM

What address did you send the coins from?  Sign a message with that and post it here.

7queue

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:37:16 PM

What address did you send the coins from?  Sign a message with that and post it here.

That is just it? How do I find that out? I have no clue where it was sent from!

I know I sent it, from what?

Thanks!

8 )

8 )
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:31:46 PM

You're using blockchain.info wallet or bitcoin-qt?  If on blockchain.info click on My transactions and the addresses are on the left.

7queue

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:47:56 PM

You're using blockchain.info wallet or bitcoin-qt?  If on blockchain.info click on My transactions and the addresses are on the left.

local bitcoin-qt for transactions

lookup on blockchain.info, it shows the transaction

the bitcoin-qt is v0.8.5-beta

the test net is current from github

still nothing verify Huh

Thanks

8 )

8 )
7queue

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:49:54 PM

No, not blockchain.info wallet, bitcoin-qt wallet Huh

Thanks 8 )

8 )
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:54:02 PM

Stop using testnet.
You should see your payment to canary under transactions.

7queue

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:18:10 AM

Stop using testnet.
You should see your payment to canary under transactions.

on mainnet I do see the payment, will canary see it?

Thanks!

8 )

8 )
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:49:03 AM

He'll see the payment, but without signing a message you can't prove that it was you who sent the payment.

7queue

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:03:55 PM

Finally figured it all out, used the address that I found on blockchain.info, singed message, switched tabs to verify message with ALL info used to sign the message, I wasn't copying the actual message and that is where I went wrong... doh!

Thanks!

8 )

8 )
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:01:45 PM

The guys at Amazon must just look at this and shake their heads. They have absolutely nothing to fear in terms of Bitcoin becoming a currency. What a silly bunch of hoo-hah.......

Earlier today, I stopped at Super America (a convenience store in Minnesota). I bought two items, and the cash part of my visit consumed maybe 30 seconds. I was done before Bitcoin could have figured out which way was up. I really don't get Bitcoin as a currency. Highly speculative commodity sure, but not currency.
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:51:12 AM

The guys at Amazon must just look at this and shake their heads. They have absolutely nothing to fear in terms of Bitcoin becoming a currency. What a silly bunch of hoo-hah.......

Earlier today, I stopped at Super America (a convenience store in Minnesota). I bought two items, and the cash part of my visit consumed maybe 30 seconds. I was done before Bitcoin could have figured out which way was up. I really don't get Bitcoin as a currency. Highly speculative commodity sure, but not currency.

This is called the "early adopter" phase, although the innovators here might not agree with that. 80% of consumers are sheep, followers that think of one goal associated with money: Spending it. Buying coffee, gas, new shoes, etc- the early and late majority represent the consumer segment, and for them to adopt BTC into their lives it needs to be simplified, it needs a better user experience, specifically for daily spending activity on the go. No one is arguing about the role of BTC in this very moment; it is essentially a speculative investment vehicle for high-risk trading types, a way to quickly transfer funds, and a spending tool for all us nerds that understand it. All in due time friends, if we build it they will come, maybe, if there's some focus on UX eventually.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:01:31 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 02:35:47 AM by ManeBjorn

EDIT:  I got it.  I verified it on the same page after generation.
It works now.
There should be a send button to actually send the signed msg instead of all these steps.

This is the most confusing deal I have seen.
I can't get a payment from Canary because he requires my payment address to be signed.  Not a problem at all with Canary I appreciate his care with escrow.
I have signed plenty of purchases yet to receive money how do I send him a signed one to do that?
I use blockchain. I go to receive money and sign and put in the message he asked for.  Then I click sign.  It generates a code and that's it.  It will not verify when I check.  Canary can't verify it.  There is no send button after I generate either.  What the heck do I do to get this signed and verifiable for Canary??

I am a MSCNE I have seen some pretty messed up ways to do things but this takes the dam cake.

CanaryInTheMine I am sorry for the delay this is just not an intuitive way to get this done.

Thanks for any help you all can give me.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:17:26 PM

The same can be said about credit cards, but they are accepted all over the world.

The way you pay cash at the counter involves a lot of background activity, which isn't for free. Whenever you draw notes out of an atm, there are costs involved (even if you are not seeing it directly, but you pay for it sooner or later). When the merchant counts the money and brings it to his bank, there are again costs, but he must pay his invoices and he can't do it with cash. Most people don't see the costs that cash or credit cards implicate, but it's there and we pay for it.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
bigredbutton

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:12:20 PM

EDIT:  I got it.  I verified it on the same page after generation.
It works now.
There should be a send button to actually send the signed msg instead of all these steps.

This is the most confusing deal I have seen.
I can't get a payment from Canary because he requires my payment address to be signed.  Not a problem at all with Canary I appreciate his care with escrow.
I have signed plenty of purchases yet to receive money how do I send him a signed one to do that?
I use blockchain. I go to receive money and sign and put in the message he asked for.  Then I click sign.  It generates a code and that's it.  It will not verify when I check.  Canary can't verify it.  There is no send button after I generate either.  What the heck do I do to get this signed and verifiable for Canary??

I am a MSCNE I have seen some pretty messed up ways to do things but this takes the dam cake.

CanaryInTheMine I am sorry for the delay this is just not an intuitive way to get this done.

Thanks for any help you all can give me.

I'm having the same problem. Using blockchain.info wallet.

I followed every instruction in this thread. I see my address, I input a message, I generated a signature.. Now what??
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: