Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye Bitcoin  (Read 6007 times)
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:36:25 AM

Any of us here in this industry are free to do anything we want, we can say whatever we like to do whether good or bad. Now in your case, if you encountered bad experience here  it doesn't mean it will affect the image reputation of bitcoin. Because not all individuals are the same thoughts, if you think the end of bitcoin is near well its your opinion and assessment only. Besides you can go anytime you want or you stay still if you like.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noiamyd

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 10:52:53 AM

you will come back Grin
requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:40:46 AM

not at all good bye, its the starting of a new era, here in country bitcoin is getting popular day by day and government is also helping to make the technology a revolutionize technology and day by day more and more people are getting engaged in bitcoin.
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:19:25 PM

its in early stage and we should support the technology instead of discouraging it. may be it have limited befinits but it doesnt make the situation worst
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 05:16:09 PM

Price of bitcoin when OP made this thread: 02/20/2017: $1047
Price of bitcoin today: 02/21/2017: $1105

Looks like OP fucked up big time. You couldn't have timed a worse time to ragequit in a Mike Hernia style. Enjoy missing on the next big great bubble right at the bottom.
soul-impact

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 05:48:18 PM

Price of bitcoin when OP made this thread: 02/20/2017: $1047
Price of bitcoin today: 02/21/2017: $1105

Looks like OP fucked up big time. You couldn't have timed a worse time to ragequit in a Mike Hernia style. Enjoy missing on the next big great bubble right at the bottom.
yeah sure. He is totally insane. Bitcoin will keep surviving and keep stronger and stronger. AS you can see, nothing can harm Bitcoin at the moment and no cryptos can compare to this magnificent currency. The more you use it, the more you realize how awesome Bitcoin can be. Hope that the prices will cross $1500

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

EcoNorm

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:49:06 PM

At this moment, BitCoin is 1100$+ worth.. Not so smart decision to me
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:56:57 PM

you will come back Grin

This!  You have been in here for more than a year.  I bet you will miss the activity here, especially the arguments between the fudsters and trolls of the forum.  You will still be tempted to Buy Bitcoin when it crashes and soon you will be posting here again with your speculations and possible prediction on how much is the price of Bitcoin in the next weeks or months.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:26:56 PM

Im sure the op wanna to open your eyes isntead anything else, its true fees are growing in the general some days im able to send multiple transactions for 30k and others days i have to send 50k, but we all know that in the future fees should replace the miners, soo you have to be ready for those or can choose any other altcoin.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:57:56 PM

you will come back Grin

this thread is prime revival material in 3-5 years time. noobs will marvel at the lack of foresight. there's no shortage of other threads from times past that are identical.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:45:21 AM

Ahh, I don't know how to say this, but I have to say the truth. Bitcoin is over. The 8 year experiment that was meant to change the world for the better and to emancipate the human population, has turned into an echochamber of trolls who yell at eachother, while the system is slowly collapsing, and being replaced by other altcoins.

I am in Bitcoin since 2013-2014, I have seen all of it, and mostly the inability of it to evolve. It wasn't as bad until 2015, and throughout 2016 I was silent, but now it's 2017, and things are getting worse. Only a fool will deny that.

If this continues, then Bitcoin will be over. I don't want that, since I have obviously invested a lot of time and effort into this. But I fear that there is no other option now, as I am seeing the inability of the community to resolve issues.

I have sent a transaction 2 days ago, and guess how much fee I had to pay? 70,000 satoshi.
Yes 70,000 satoshi for an average size transaction, with 1 input and 1 output, in order to be confirmed within 2 blocks.

I remember the time when back in 2014 I used to work 3 hours doing stupid faucets for 70,000 satoshi, and now it's all gone in 1 transaction? Cheesy

Now I have heard the dumbasses saying that we can't have faster than 10 min confirm time because it will create orphans (strangely other cryptocoins don't have this issue). So I can put up with a 10 min confirmation time, just for the sake of this argument.

But to pay 70,000 satoshi in order to have 20 min confirmation, is just ridiculous. I might as well just switch to Paypal, what is the difference at this point?
The alternative of course was to wait 30-40 blocks with a 12000 satoshi fee.

Now is Bitcoin "A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" like satoshi wanted, with 70,000 satoshi fee OR  40 block wait time?
Or is Bitcoin just a Frankenstein monster, that has obvious flaws (this, miner centralization, nodes are not incentivized, etc) that will slowly die off once better alternatives come in?

And the community reaction is also deplorable. Most people call me troll or shill, just for pointing out legitimate criticisms? What you can't criticize Bitcoin now? Is Bitcoin just an echochamber of fanatics and fanboys? Because without criticism, you can't solve issues.

Given the fact that most new Bitcoiners are from 3rd world countries, where high transaction fee is unacceptable. And given the fact that most people in the world like simple & elegant solutions (like how Apple conquered the marketplace with this method).

People want simple solutions:
  • Pronouncable addresses instead of long hash text
  • Instant confirmation times (yes it's possible)
  • Low or no fees (yes it's possible)
  • Unlimited transactions (yes it's possible)
  • Simple wallet GUI (ok, this one bitcoin does have through mobile apps)

So out of these 5 critical marketing poinst, bitcoin can only deliver 1, which is a very poor performance. And there are of course other security related issues, but they are not necessarly cared by Average Joe.

So it seems to me that 3rd worlders have absolutely no incentive to use Bitcoin. They will just use another cryptocurrency that can deliver these promises.

Segwit will probably not pass, and then we will be stuck another 2 years bitching and moaning at eachother and trying to find scapegoats.

And in that time, Bitcoin will be replaced by a better alternative, once the majority of people realize that it's pointless to argue with trolls.

So after 4 years of being in this community, I'm afraid I have to leave it now. I don't see any hope for Bitcoin in the long run. It was a good prototype, and it definitely taught us a lot of good technical things, but also a lot of game theory/ sociology things, where it has been proven in my opinion, that consensus can't be made without a clear voting platform.

So yes, Bitcoin was the first, we thank satoshi for his work. But Bitcoin isn't "THE ONE". It's just a failed prototype with many bugs. And out of this failure a better and stronger coin will arise.

maybe bitcoin is taking its way to be arise, maybe it is not yet the end but it is the beginning of the momentum.yes in some cases it has bugs and even error, but someday this error will be success and the bugs will be fix, and that would be nice. we should be patient sometimes, btc is a real money and it is a big thing for us, here in our country many people doesn't know the btc they dont even know what would be the benefecial of it to humans. we should be patient and thankful

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:36:40 PM

First of all, you are explain very long, if you short explain than i think it is easy for us to write quickly. But thanks and about the OP, i totally disagree that bitcoin is failer, as you know in this time bitcoin is $1129, so it is a proof bitcoin will spend a long time and it has bright future. Also if you disagree with my points than only one choice you have sell your bitcoins right now and feel relax. But for me, i will hold the bitcoin for a long time, because i know bitcoin give me good profit. 
ProtoAmorite21

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:09:45 PM

I hope this is not yet goodbye for bitcoin. I am just starting and is hoping to learn more from this new fascination.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:16:59 PM

I hope this is not yet goodbye for bitcoin. I am just starting and is hoping to learn more from this new fascination.

I am also hoping that bitcoin will not leave us a goodbye, and for a memeber like me who always wanted profit to be the main priority of life it not a better signs. We as part of these growing population of digital currency should be able to grow string in achieving our goals, so that bitcoin will not be dead and worst is a goodbyes for all of us who rely on its benefit.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

umm , but many people still like to trading in bitcoin
it will alive for long time in future bitcoin
so? the problem is bitcoin anonymous , many people can easyly money laundering at bitcoin
well of course, in my opinion trading bitcoins is a really good chance to making some money in your free time, and maybe even making a living out of it.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 10:43:56 PM

I don't know....maybe the whole scaling debate has something to do with this?  Has anybody tried to call Mike Hearn and beg him to come back? Has Gavin Andresen said anything? Hopefully, bitcoin will fix itself.  There seems to be quite a few complaints today.  The price is nice though....
leopard2
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:54:33 PM

OP complains about 70 000 satoshi

that is 0.79$  Roll Eyes

my, oh my... you should not use BTC to transfer chump change, use DOGE/LTC/ETH/DSH or whatever for that

if you could, for example, pay for a real estate transaction, that .79$ is extremely cheap. $0.79 while you sit in the notarys office for a coffee...not bad!

for a certified cheque, you pay 100 times that much, or even more, and you have a lot of bureaucratic hassle... Sad

So the truth is, do not swamp the blockchain with mini payments. It would help a lot if someone could develop a wallet (hardware or smartphone app) that could handle more than 1 cryptocurrency....

PS I still believe that 1MB blocks are too small but there must be a limit to keep blockchain under control........

Truth is the new hatespeech.
leopard2
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:56:17 PM

BTW. 4000 years ago in old Egypt nobody would have complained about how unsuitable Gold is to pay for a pitcher of milk!!

Gold was used to pay for a camel or a house, and bronce or silver was used for the milk hehehe  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:58:30 PM

Ok I think I got my point across, no need to spam the forum.

I get that the price is up, and it's going up. That is good, that shows that there is demand for cryptocurrency.

My point was that if this continues BITCOIN won't be the cryptocurrency that will conquer the world, it will be another one.

There is demand for cryptocurrency, just not necessarly for Bitcoin, if the transaction confirmation speed is so slow. People will go to other coins.

It's just that BTC is the gateway to the crypto world, they buy BTC, and then quickly convert it into a better altcoin.

Anyway, good luck, we shall see if BTC will have 80% market dominance in 5 years, regardless of price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: