Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:47:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding permanent altcoin batches (as been on 1st April)  (Read 257 times)
ptrk (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 90

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:13:02 PM

I liked yesterday's event adding altcoin batches on the occasion of April 1.

Then I thought, it would be a nice feature when such batches are permanently added to a user's account, depending on either how active it is in the respective announcement thread or how often the respective coin occurs in its post contributions. Depending on this, there could also be different ranks assigned as seen yesterday when one hovered a batch.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 03:06:09 PM

I liked yesterday's event adding altcoin batches on the occasion of April 1.

Then I thought, it would be a nice feature when such batches are permanently added to a user's account, depending on either how active it is in the respective announcement thread or how often the respective coin occurs in its post contributions. Depending on this, there could also be different ranks assigned as seen yesterday when one hovered a batch.

Certainly, resources for our Bitcoin Forum should be used primarily on more important things than creating anything related to altcoin contribution, yes?

I would say that these sort of badges should be reserved for a completely different forum. The discussion and promotion of such coins should be limited to those threads and rarely seen in the typical Bitcoin-related discussion (or in rank-related content).

This is not to say that altcoins are not important, not in the least, but what do you think would happen?

Those users that are waiting for their accounts to be unlocked come to find that there was implementation of altcoin supporter vanity icons instead of them regaining their account. How many more threads can we handle?
Also, I already posted this on a separate thread, but if one really feels that they need to show their support, then it can be located on their avatar, personal text, signature, or even just how and where they post.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: