Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Association of Canada  (Read 2122 times)
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:44:45 AM

How often do you have to open an traditional Bank account? Once i think, so why is it so hard to find a bank who will do it? If they Want to fight for Bitcoin and its acceptance, then this is a poor example of how to do it. It would only make sens if they would want to expand their activities to different blockchain technologies than Bitcoin. Probably some who are willing to pay for some services they provide.

Obviously bitcoin or blockchain startups still need traditional banking for them to manage their finances. However, traditional banks do not seem to support Bitcoin and most of them see it as a threat to the banking industry. That is why bitcoin startups are experiencing difficulties in opening bank accounts.
That might be so, but as a start up/new company i do need bank accounts. The question is how many? One for sure, maybe even 2 or 3. Let us say 5. Acually it probably even do not matter. Since you want all your accounts to have with one bank. So all you need to do is find just one bank who is willing to take your money. This can not be so hard. Just having Bitcoin in your Name can not be the reason.

However, according to some, there are other countries where banks take Bitcoin a big deal, that they would not allow Bitcoin to develop into a real currency as they treat it as a threat to the industry.

most of those other countries that you have heard about are taking "blockchain technology" seriously not bitcoin. and there is a big difference when it comes to these two.
from what i have been reading so far from Canada, they seem to pay attention to both, they like bitcoin and also want to use the technology for making their own altcoin in banking system.

Buying the dip...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoineverything (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 02:06:16 AM

Obviously bitcoin or blockchain startups still need traditional banking for them to manage their finances. However, traditional banks do not seem to support Bitcoin and most of them see it as a threat to the banking industry. That is why bitcoin startups are experiencing difficulties in opening bank accounts.
Is this really happening i mean bank doesn't allow bitcoin related startups to open bank account  Roll Eyes
I don't think bank will just hesitate with bitcoin in name, if those startups have registered company than there shouldn't be any problem in opening a bank account.

Some Banks or should I say most of them see Bitcoin as a threat to the traditional banking industry. With Bitcoin, people do not need these banks anymore in the far future and banks doesn't want this to happen.

We are here to give you all the latest from the Cryptocurrency space!
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:14:11 AM

Interesting to see some of the Blockchain craze starting to get into my home country of Canada and now they're looking to become a bit larger and expanding what they do, but I don't really know how much is going to come up out of something like this in the meantime.

I might try to get in contact with them and see what I can do, but knowing my lack of expertise with the Blockchain tech I don't know how much I will be able to do.
bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:24:28 AM

That's one smart corporate move I would say. Change the name, and it's changes the entire concept that people had and it will help them get past the authorities get it cleared from the banks and it will help them get more customers. Also its pertinent to note that, they can market it on two fronts, use Bitcoin currency benefits and also use blockchain technology to sell their concept. This is indeed one of the wisest moves one can see, and they have a mixture of corporate making them, climb the success ladder and if it helps Bitcoins I would give them, a plus one. Let's hope it yields positive results.

Well said.. I believe other blockchain technologies would be more of support to Bitcoin than being a threat to it. Smiley

staceyoh

Activity: 381

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:52:13 AM

I think it was a nice move because changing its name
will make people change their idea about it and it will
help them to get more clients.
bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 07:17:08 AM

wish we had a bitcoin/blockchain association of INDIA too. having an association will make the base stronger and bitcoin user would not face problem in future because oeple would then do something for smooth running of the network.

I agree! Associations like BAC make huge support to Bitcoin as it would attract more innovations in the future. Smiley

bitcoineverything (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 02:48:38 AM

How often do you have to open an traditional Bank account? Once i think, so why is it so hard to find a bank who will do it? If they Want to fight for Bitcoin and its acceptance, then this is a poor example of how to do it. It would only make sens if they would want to expand their activities to different blockchain technologies than Bitcoin. Probably some who are willing to pay for some services they provide.

That might be so, but as a start up/new company i do need bank accounts. The question is how many? One for sure, maybe even 2 or 3. Let us say 5. Acually it probably even do not matter. Since you want all your accounts to have with one bank. So all you need to do is find just one bank who is willing to take your money. This can not be so hard. Just having Bitcoin in your Name can not be the reason.

However, according to some, there are other countries where banks take Bitcoin a big deal, that they would not allow Bitcoin to develop into a real currency as they treat it as a threat to the industry.
Canada is good in its growth as well technology. Also bitcoin too has got very big acceptance than many other countries. Now the association helps bitcoin and further advancement with official authorization. This truly helps other countries to make initiative to adopt blockchain as well bitcoin.

Definitely I believe these associations can take Bitcoin and the Blockchain to a higher new level of development. It is good that a country gets this type of support for fast adoption of Bitcoin. Smiley

Kyle Kemper

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:03:35 PM

Thank you for all the encouragement here. Bitcoin and Blockchain are breaking out and it's a very exciting time to be in this space.

We decided as a board to rebrand to the Blockchain Association of Canada for a number of reasons:
1)Blockchain Technology is Bigger than Bitcoin; Bitcoin is the currency, financial network. Blockchain will be touching voting, identity, assets, etc. and we don't want to handicap ourselves.
2)It's not as scary as bitcoin. Bitcoin to many who don't understand it is scary. Blockchain doesn't have that rep.
3)Association is more appropriate and clear than Alliance we felt; we are here to represent and help the industry grow in Canada.

1) We're building bridges...for example, last week Joseph Weinberg, Shannon Steele, and myself spoke at a payments compliance forum in Toronto to about 60 people; predominantly, bankers, compliance officers, and lawyers. We spoke for an hour on bitcoin, blockchain, identity, transformation, scalability, and opportunity. The feedback from delegates was summed up in 1 word..."MindBlowing."

Similarly, we exhibited at a conference called the Manning Centre in Ottawa; it was a political conference for conservatives and libertarians. 90% of people had no idea what Bitcoin or Blockchain was but we left about 10-15% of the 800 delegates with a solid understanding; including many students. Also, these events are attended by other industry associations and by educating the associations we get partners and access to entire industries; the great thing about Blockchain is that it applies to almost everyone in some form or fashion and it's a captivating subject.

Going forward we plan to continue supporting industry events but it's important that we bring the message to new audiences with ambassadors who can teach & inspire.

2) We are helping build and support the community. Whether it's supporting meetups, hackathons, workshops, or other groups we want the community and know that we want to support you.  We can assist with mentoring startups and businesses, connecting companies to individuals, and we're soon to become more active with content.

3) Media Responsiveness; we have a phone number you can call. We can answer questions on a number of topics and if we can't we will do our best to point you in the right direction.

4) Advocacy; governments enact laws but industries generally write them. When it comes to bitcoin and blockchain are we going to let the legacy industries write the rules or are we going to write them? It's not quite that simple but we definitely do need to have a position and advocate it.

We are a federal non-profit and we can use support from individuals, private companies, other associations, and government. If you would like to get involved don't hesitate to reach out directly: kemper @ blockchainassociation.ca

I am Kyle Kemper, the Executive Director of the BAC. Been in the space since 2013; can say with confidence that I have my 10,000 hours and that I'm helping other people get theirs.

We are the BAC, we have 9 excellent and diverse directors, a host of advisors in different sectors all across the country, a membership of individuals and corporations, and partner organizations of many different colours.

Thats aboot it for now. Wink

KK

pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 09:15:45 AM

I really do not learn much about this, I know technology is very strong blockchain. however I still feel dissatisfied in it, because the transaction is confirmed too slow. I currently have a large amount of money and stuck, I wonder until when it is confirmed. this was bad and detrimental, I hope it will soon be overcome
I know how you feel and I understand you, Your concern circumstances is commonly encountered by most of the member in this industry, but you don't have to worry because in the end it is still confirmed in your wallet. But the concern in this topic was that most of the bank will not get easily accept it or they don't have any plan that there gonna adopt bitcoin, and it can't be happen for real because bank are regulated industry while bitcoin was decentralized.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: