Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:06:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have stopped introducing bitcoin to others!  (Read 5146 times)
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:27:55 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2017, 11:12:31 PM by royalfestus

after 3 years of introducing bitcoin to other people and getting at least 100 of them into bitcoin I have stopped.
If u stop at 100 you have done enough let the 100 do as many as you do
of course I can always start arguing about lots of other things and benefits and start talking about bitcoin being an investment but deep down I agree with them and also I hate telling new people "bitcoin is an investment and you are gonna make profit from price rise", that is just silly.
I wish everyone see it that way. Even on this forum, have always spoken against it. The investment aspect will encourage hoarding. With time, more stores accepting it, it will take the place of currency and we wont have to argue it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:33:58 AM

Why do you even want people to use bitcoin to purchase items ,they are absolutely right that why should they pay so much fees when they have credit card. Does anyone of you use gold to spend around ?No right then why can't we use bitcoins just for investing purpose.
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:34:14 AM

after 3 years of introducing bitcoin to other people and getting at least 100 of them into bitcoin I have stopped.

because all these years I have never told anyone bitcoin is an investment, whenever there is talk of bitcoin I first say bitcoin is a currency and show them the benefits of it as a currency, being decentralized as the best thing and then the security and speed and finally the cheap fees and lots more.
then I introduce them to services they can use with bitcoin, and all the discounts they can get.

but honestly I can no longer give any answer to the question saying "why would I pay $0.9-$1 fee for using a new thing called bitcoin that I don't even understand instead of using my credit card for free that I have been using my whole life."

of course I can always start arguing about lots of other things and benefits and start talking about bitcoin being an investment but deep down I agree with them and also I hate telling new people "bitcoin is an investment and you are gonna make profit from price rise", that is just silly.
So who says credit cards are free?Dont they charge the fee too?Bitcoin is better than CC not just because of fee but also because of financial freedom that it gives to you.

i am pretty sure that Credit Cards charge a borrowing fee (interest) when people swipe the card. Maybe he didn't get the memo lol

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 01:03:07 PM

I hate telling new people "bitcoin is an investment and you are gonna make profit from price rise", that is just silly.
Why this is silly point Huh
It is true that if you just keep holding bitcoin without having close eye on market activity than you will actually loss rather than making any profit out of it. So thinking bitcoin as passive way of earning profit is the wrong sentiment.

I disagree with you, the transaction fees are getting higher and it is making Bitcoin unpopular especially to the yet to be told and the newbies. I think he made a brilliant point that it's silly to pay so much for a new technology while my conventional credit card charges nothing to perform a similar transaction.

It may sound "silly" now.. but in 5 to 10 years.. when financial system has collapsed (and this definetly will happen),
the use and existence of Bitcoin will be loved.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 01:21:49 PM

I hate telling new people "bitcoin is an investment and you are gonna make profit from price rise", that is just silly.
It is true that if you just keep holding bitcoin without having close eye on market activity than you will actually loss rather than making any profit out of it. So thinking bitcoin as passive way of earning profit is the wrong sentiment.

I disagree with you, the transaction fees are getting higher and it is making Bitcoin unpopular especially to the yet to be told and the newbies. I think he made a brilliant point that it's silly to pay so much for a new technology while my conventional credit card charges nothing to perform a similar transaction.

It may sound "silly" now.. but in 5 to 10 years.. when financial system has collapsed (and this definetly will happen),
The use and existence of Bitcoin will be loved by some people, but certainly not all of them.
Let's face it, a big part of the general population will just undergo another crisis without Bitcoin.

Some will turn to gold or other commodities, but to the average Joe, Bitcoin is just not as understandable as the latter.

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:33:54 PM

Actually, Its hard for me to introduce bitcoin to others. Its not easy to explain to someone the process of bitcoin. On how to use, to transfer money to the other. But, Ive been trying and I didnt stop still as long I can help them.
naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:37:54 PM

Actually, Its hard for me to introduce bitcoin to others. Its not easy to explain to someone the process of bitcoin. On how to use, to transfer money to the other. But, Ive been trying and I didnt stop still as long I can help them.

I also like you, we can hardly explain to people about Bitcoin, because they seem to have never heard of it. Today, I told my dad about Bitcoin, and he says it's just something deceptive, and he advised me to stay away. really bad, for those who do not understand it, it's like something very negative. I think we need to find ways to solve it

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

No it is easy to explain bitcoin to others as long as they are open minded then they can easily understand what are you trying to explain to them. Just tell them that bitcoin is just like physical money with a twist and that is volatility to its price and that is why we love playing this kind of game and investing more in bitcoin. Using bitcoin is easy to explain if you do it personally or actual because it is easier to explain if you are showing them how in person.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:06:49 PM

First of all you deserve a big round of claps, 3 years is a long time and it's takes some efforts to continue that long. I do understand why you want to quit but I would suggest you to refrain from it. You have already got 100 people in it and I feel you could do greater stuff and for Bitcoins. I would say you can just upgrade your approach. Just I feel it requires is a bit of tweaking and it's done. You already know why people want to stay away now you can use it for your own advantage. Just keep on doing the right stuff.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:31:34 PM

Bitcoin shouldn't be explained as an investment, it's not the best way to do it. There is an ideology behind bitcoin and that should be the primary reasons to give and to make people understand. Bitcoin has advantages that currencies don't have. The fact about investment in Bitcoin can be done with basically any cuurency. If people start to use Bitcoin as an inventment and they lose money (because the price decrase or whatever reason) then they will get a bad image about bitcoin and will start yelling bitcoin is shit, as soon someone ask them about it

Indeed, if we are going to tell people that bitcoin is an Investment, though it is not, but maybe yes, in some way, but it is really not an investment at all. Some of us just have called it an Investment because they are trading bitcoin as their business or way to earn bitcoin, and they have invested their money to bitcoin as the capital to earn profits out of it. But, if this is the knowledge that people will think what bitcoin really is, then definitely they won't do it, because why they would invest their money to bitcoin and pay such fees every transaction, while they could do the usual thing they do, withdraw their money using their ATM cards without any fees, and also they will not take the risk, and just turn on doing bitcoin just to invest their money.

But, if we are going to introduce to them that bitcoin is the way they think it is, then probably they will change their minds and do it instead of rejecting the idea of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a source of income and we could earn money or bigger profits out of it than earning some fiats, so, if we are just going to introduce it to them correctly, then I guess there is no reason for us anymore to stop introducing bitcoin to others. Smiley
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:58:23 PM

Absoulty right. The Topic should be totally opposite like  I have stopped using Fiat or something like that.  Cheesy
The financial  system has already been started to collapse in few countries and the people in those countries already started investing in bitcoins.
Bitcoin is here to remain forever with us.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
nyanhtet

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bawga

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:05:30 PM

POW is miner rich scheme !  Cool

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:14:20 PM

$1 fee is such a low amount.

Yes, but it is still better if you are not going to pay $1, and this is the excuse of the people that are only interested on bitcoin in first, but soon enough, they will quit doing bitcoin because of this, and also, because they find it boring. Most of the people are just want to earn bitcoin without doing anything at all, and it is not possible to earn bitcoin without doing anything at all, especially in this Forum. We are earning bitcoin here in a legit way, that is why it requires hard work, effort, and dedication, but most people didn't see it that way.

I have already introduced bitcoin to many people, and its the easiest way around that they want on earning bitcoin, and this is the thing that I'm always saying to them If you want to earn bitcoin easily, then invest your bitcoin in those HYIP sites out there, but never come to me crying because your bitcoin just vanished because a certain HYIP site scammed you
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:50:06 PM

Your selected audience were professionals and they are fixed on the thought that credit cards are much better than bitcoin.

If we're talking purely about Bitcoin's usage as an online currency, to buy anything credit cards most certainly are better. You get more protection, cashback in certain cases and it's cheaper. I don't give a shit about merchant fees, all prices reflect them so they don't cross my mind.

If you already have Bitcoin which has risen then it's cool to spend. It's free money. You can't buy it cold without paying a premium and/or waiting forever for your stool sample to be dipped into by whoever you're buying from. So it's a 1-10% premium and then the tx fee on top. Pointless.

Bitcoin is many things, a good currency it isn't. I wonder how long most merchant usage is going to last. It's great for them. It's not enticing at all for the customer.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:34:21 PM

Good for you! Never provide any free service to anyone because you will not get anything back. So it is better to keep your bitcoin knowledge with you only and only share it with the like minded people and no one else. You will have to spend so much energy to make a layman understand about bitcoin.

So it is better to explain only to them, who are interested in earning money online. At least you can make them join as your referral for some money making website and earn some little amount. Otherwise, it is of no use truly!

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 08:18:53 PM

If you are here only because Bitcoin is cheaper, and think that this is the most vital feature that it has, then you are here for the wrong reasons. The miners will be really sad with their 3 Exahashes about this thread. Roll Eyes

Go contact your 'favorite' pool provider and ask them to support Segwit, simple as that.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:24:19 PM

I believe that the financial system will cause serious problems and devaluations soon. Unfortunately, you can forget about using the Internet for bitcoin or anything else in such a scenario - ecerything will be on lockdown. All electronic payments will be limited. permissioned, and monitored.
death69

Activity: 1202
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:11:35 PM

I still try to introduce it to new peoples, as both Investment and Transaction medium. Though it is facing some issues, we cannot ignore its capability and application in the market. It has still great potential and features. The transaction might be slow even with high fees but atleast for me its hassle free.
Transaction is an important issue to many people. It does not affect you because you only transfer a small amount of bitcoin. With the people who deal with much Bitcoin, they need transactions to be confirmed as fast as possible. If it can not be confirmed immediately, they will lose all of their money. LOL. Right now, confirmation has really irritated many people
Kolder

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:42:18 PM

I still try to introduce it to new peoples, as both Investment and Transaction medium. Though it is facing some issues, we cannot ignore its capability and application in the market. It has still great potential and features. The transaction might be slow even with high fees but atleast for me its hassle free.
Transaction is an important issue to many people. It does not affect you because you only transfer a small amount of bitcoin. With the people who deal with much Bitcoin, they need transactions to be confirmed as fast as possible. If it can not be confirmed immediately, they will lose all of their money. LOL. Right now, confirmation has really irritated many people

I still introduced in to others, I still prefer using bitcoin in transacting than other form, it is more secure and hassle free. As long as the bitcoin offers high value and  offers more services , I still recommend it.

blockcha1n

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:46:12 PM

You can't force people to listen and understand what they don't believe in or do not care for.
They have their own life to live and also the way they want to do things.
That includes how and where they want to spend their money,
So until bitcoin can allow those people to do that where and whenever they like,
they will not listen or want to use bitcoin.
So you are just wasting your time on talking with them about it and the benefits that it could bring them as a whole.

YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge Dice GameJackpotsRakebackPlay / Earn / Invest

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: