Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:43:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties!  (Read 215213 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5762

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:58:05 PM

Still syncing the wallet. I may take another 3-4 weeks to fully sync.  At 8 hrs. a day. I don't know why it's taking so long. Already been 2 weeks.  Tongue  Smiley
Just tested this latest windows wallet, old laptop with mobile connection synced in 20 minutes from scratch.  Cool
As far as I read here, it syncs fast when you start from scratch and download a fresh (mini-)blockchain. If you want to sync from a previous state, the wallet may download all blocks between your last "local block" and the current block height, which can take a while if you connected to the network long ago. However, it only should store the last mini-blockchain permanently.

Some pages ago I meant I had read a fix or workaround for this "problem" (which isn't really a problem because you help validate while you sync). A rough workaround is obviously to delete the old blockchain data and sync from scratch again.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:15:52 AM

Still syncing the wallet. I may take another 3-4 weeks to fully sync.  At 8 hrs. a day. I don't know why it's taking so long. Already been 2 weeks.  Tongue  Smiley
Just tested this latest windows wallet, old laptop with mobile connection synced in 20 minutes from scratch.  Cool
As far as I read here, it syncs fast when you start from scratch and download a fresh (mini-)blockchain. If you want to sync from a previous state, the wallet may download all blocks between your last "local block" and the current block height, which can take a while if you connected to the network long ago. However, it only should store the last mini-blockchain permanently.

Some pages ago I meant I had read a fix or workaround for this "problem" (which isn't really a problem because you help validate while you sync). A rough workaround is obviously to delete the old blockchain data and sync from scratch again.

We still cannot compile under Fedora 27/28 x64 - or CentOS 7 x64 for that matter ...

The code is based primarily on the older gcc libraries, and Debian/Ubuntu based distros, so it is always difficult to compile properly under RHEL based systems (usually in a sandboxed and static format for our servers). So even to test this sync and blockchain (let alone support a pool) is always going to be a challenge for us.

This means that this information that you are supplying with regards to blockchain, sync, nodes lists, and others, are quite important to us when we eventually do get through the compilation issues.

@pallas - FYI. The miner that I referred to earlier refuses to load - PERIOD. It will run, but as soon as it starts to mine, there is NO allocation of GPU to ANY GPU in theBEAST. The smaller 5GPU system has no issues. So whatever the issue here, if the miner will not assimilate the use of 13GPU's to even start, then there is no way we can set it to just work with 1GPU, no matter what I have done to get it started. The miner just does not move past the initialization stage when it 'sees' the system has 13GPU, even when -d 0 (or any other GPU) is forced.

Any way of fixing this mate?

#crysx

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:27:50 AM

About the "many gpu" issues of the miner, I will look into it ;-)

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 06:34:12 AM

You are one in a million mate ...

Thanks for that.

Working on the compiles later tonight also, still can't get them sorted under both Fedora 27/28 x64 (due to many other factors - especially the updated gcc) and CentOS 7 x64, so we can start testing Obsidian (our stratum) properly under our new environment (Pyroxene (theMINE)).

#crysx

susutao83

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:51:47 PM

This is very impressive. But I would like more detail informations. How i can get the roadmap of this pj?
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:28:45 PM

Still syncing the wallet. I may take another 3-4 weeks to fully sync.  At 8 hrs. a day. I don't know why it's taking so long. Already been 2 weeks.  Tongue  Smiley

Just tested this latest windows wallet, old laptop with mobile connection synced in 20 minutes from scratch.  Cool

Try the core version. Grin

I will keep on syncing it though.  Smiley
e.nexus

Activity: 96
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:40:09 AM

Thanks for that.

Working on the compiles later tonight also, still can't get them sorted under both Fedora 27/28 x64 (due to many other factors - especially the updated gcc) and CentOS 7 x64, so we can start testing Obsidian (our stratum) properly under our new environment (Pyroxene (theMINE)).

#crysx

A fix has been applied for Fedora 28.

The configure options will be:  ./configure CPPFLAGS="-std=c++11 -fPIC" --disable-hardening --with-incompatible-bdb --disable-tests
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 09:47:23 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 09:58:44 AM by chrysophylax

Thanks for that.

#crysx

The configure options will be:  ./configure CPPFLAGS="-std=c++11 -fPIC" --disable-hardening --with-incompatible-bdb --disable-tests

I'll check this out later tonight when I am able to ...

it won't be long into the compile to see if it all works, though if that is the only setting that is required, then it won't be difficult to change it manually if need be.

Now for the GPU limitation in the miner pallas has, and we will be set Wink

CentOS 7 x64 is still giving us headaches with compilation, so if there is something that needs to be set there also, it would be greatly appreciated also.

All the help currently is much appreciated.

#crysx

e.nexus

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:37:29 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 10:59:48 AM by e.nexus

Thanks for that.

#crysx

The configure options will be:  ./configure CPPFLAGS="-std=c++11 -fPIC" --disable-hardening --with-incompatible-bdb --disable-tests

it won't be long into the compile to see if it all works, though if that is the only setting that is required, then it won't be difficult to change it manually if need be.

CentOS 7 x64 is still giving us headaches with compilation, so if there is something that needs to be set there also, it would be greatly appreciated also.

#crysx

There were also changes to the code for boost1.66 so you'll need a new clone.
I'll have a look at centos tonight.
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:14:41 PM

New blockchain snapshot:

https://mega.nz/#!8IwTmIYC!zsfCcTsqRFy8WnGkBfNYuY2ZjPi8TT5SCRKz6wJvWsg

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 02:57:23 PM

Thanks for that.

#crysx

#crysx

Already done - and compiles well ...

Thanks for that.

The wallet compiles well in Fedora 28 x64 and works perfectly, but because of the screen, the wallet and font are tiny. The wallet can't be resized (as with a huge amount of them I found out) on a 4K screen. Not complaining, just a fact I thought I would share. Almost nothing can be done from what I can see about it, unless the screen resolution is lowered, which defeats the purpose of having a 4K Screen in the first place.

CentOS 7 x64 compile would be awesome, which would allow us to build and test our stratum (Obsidian) against it.

I wonder if similar configure commands would be required to compile? Though CentOS 7 x64 has older versions of gcc and boost (not to mention OpenSSL crippling) which would probably fail. I haven't tried and I am running out of time to try tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

This will open a new area of functionality for XCN in the backend, especially for us, so we will keep working on it.

Being one of the CWI-Supported Coins, we will also have it on the CWI-WebSite when the section of the website is completed later this year.

Have a good one.

#crysx

e.nexus

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:35:46 PM

Thanks for that.

#crysx

#crysx

Already done - and compiles well ...

Thanks for that.

The wallet compiles well in Fedora 28 x64 and works perfectly, but because of the screen, the wallet and font are tiny. The wallet can't be resized (as with a huge amount of them I found out) on a 4K screen. Not complaining, just a fact I thought I would share. Almost nothing can be done from what I can see about it, unless the screen resolution is lowered, which defeats the purpose of having a 4K Screen in the first place.

CentOS 7 x64 compile would be awesome, which would allow us to build and test our stratum (Obsidian) against it.

I wonder if similar configure commands would be required to compile? Though CentOS 7 x64 has older versions of gcc and boost (not to mention OpenSSL crippling) which would probably fail. I haven't tried and I am running out of time to try tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

This will open a new area of functionality for XCN in the backend, especially for us, so we will keep working on it.

Being one of the CWI-Supported Coins, we will also have it on the CWI-WebSite when the section of the website is completed later this year.

Have a good one.

#crysx

I added a fix for centOS 7. If it's not merged you can see in the pull reqs. Same config options as Fedora works.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:16:49 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 04:22:59 PM by drays

Hi guys

sorry is I am beating dead horse here, but anyway - is there a AMD GPU Windows miner for this coin? I tried to use Claymore's one (version taken from latest Nicehash miner), but it doesn't seem to work with suprnova.
All other miners are seemingly supporting Nvidia only. Am I missing something?

... this space is not for rent ...
e.nexus

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:07:30 AM

Many developers create new coins only to seek their private interests, and hope that Cryptonite is not.

XCN is 4 years old and the developers aren't paid.
e.nexus

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:46:41 AM

HighDPI scaling support was added in the wallet's Qt updates.

You can try starting the gui from a console with: QT_SCALE_FACTOR=2 ./cryptonite-qt

e.nexus

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:10:13 AM

Many developers create new coins only to seek their private interests, and hope that Cryptonite is not.

XCN is 4 years old and the developers aren't paid.
Paid, what did you imply, e.nexus?
XCN has amazing, creative ideas which can be further developed that in turn will boost the project to the Moon.
By now, XCN has gone far distance from its beginning 4 years ago.

I imply that it's not a new coin and the developers aren't seeking their own private interests.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:24:13 AM

HighDPI scaling support was added in the wallet's Qt updates.

You can try starting the gui from a console with: QT_SCALE_FACTOR=2 ./cryptonite-qt

Thanks again mate ...

This works quite effectively in the HiRes deoartment, and is easily assigned a scipt for execution. I could not find any of these details anywhere, which is why docs are important, but in saying that, I admit I didn't delve too deep in any docs to find if this is anywhere.

CentOS 7 x64 works perfectly compiling under the same commandline options, so we hope all functionality runs smooth also. The daemon will be setup in the Pyroxene platform over the weekend and theMINE pool will be setup for alpha testing in the coming days after that.

A lot more work ahead for us in the coming week, which includes all this mentioned.

If there is some way that can overcome the GPU limitation in the miner, then we will also have theFARM testing the pool at a higher capacity.

Thanks again,

#crysx

sekker

Activity: 133
Merit: 29

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:22:44 AM
Merited by drays (1)

Hi guys

sorry is I am beating dead horse here, but anyway - is there a AMD GPU Windows miner for thin coin? I tried to use Claymore's one (version taken from latest Nicehash miner), but it doesn't seem to work with suprnova.
All other miners are seemingly supporting Nvidia only. Am I missing something?

we dont have a AMD miner yet, latest not work at suprnova. we are researching someone for doing and it is in our bounty program #2 post of the thread.
sorry.

#sekker
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:01:37 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 02:24:11 PM by tbearhere

New blockchain snapshot:

https://mega.nz/#!8IwTmIYC!zsfCcTsqRFy8WnGkBfNYuY2ZjPi8TT5SCRKz6wJvWsg
Thanks pallas..giving it a try. Smiley

EDIT: That worked...all synced up. Cheesy Thx pallas.  Smiley
br@indr@in

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 06:54:15 PM

Hi Pallas,

just a litte hint: In the news from today it was announced that on Novaexchange they have problems with the integration of the Cryptonite wallet (->"XCN - There are integration issues between the XCN wallet and Nova.").

Best regards:

#br@indr@in
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: