Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:26:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed for 100 dollar GC  (Read 373 times)
h3nchman24 (OP)

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:53:50 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 06:26:38 PM by h3nchman24

What happened::
I traded him 100 amazon card for some .15 btc and never got it, right after he signed off and never back on again.  

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=957234

Reference Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1798779.msg17927328#msg17927328

Amount Scammed: .15BTC/$100.00 GC
Payment Method: giftcard for btc
Proof of Payment:

PM/Chat Logs: http://imgur.com/a/OYJ4j
Additional Notes: I advise you to not deal with this user until this dispute is resolved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:40:57 PM

1.Post proper proof of transactions if you paid by bitcoins,you know transaction id.
2.You could have read the untrusted feedback left on his profile which clearly states he is a scammer.
3.He is another newbie throwaway account.Tagging him just won't make any differences until people stop being stupid.
4.I do feel sorry for your loss and disappointed by your carelessness.Hope you learned your lessons.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 05:46:36 PM

1.Post proper proof of transactions if you paid by bitcoins,you know transaction id.
2.You could have read the untrusted feedback left on his profile which clearly states he is a scammer.
3.He is another newbie throwaway account.Tagging him just won't make any differences until people stop being stupid.
4.I do feel sorry for your loss and disappointed by your carelessness.Hope you learned your lessons.

It think the problem is that the OP didn't get paid, therefore no TX. No idea why the OP decided to send first to a scammy newbie without escrow.

And 0.15 BTC for a $100 GC should have been a massive red flag. Greed is blind I guess.
h3nchman24 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:23:57 PM

1.Post proper proof of transactions if you paid by bitcoins, think you know transaction id.

Thinks the problem is that the OP didn't get paid, therefore no TX. No idea why the OP decided to send first to a scammy newbie without escrow.

And 0.15 BTC for a $100 GC should have been a massive red flag. Greed is blind I. guess.

Sir do not accuse me of being greedy I do not run around here saying stuff about you! No, I was trying to get bitcoins in a hurry without crazy prices that most of you fools charge! So unless you have something useful stay off my post thank you. 

Not sure why I wasted my time to fill this bullshit out if all people do is talk shit, and no there was no bad feedback until today...get your facts right.  Yes, I did look around and see the post he was one, etc. seemed right, but yeah I got fooled.  He was posting and selling ok, so I took a gamble and should not have. 

No, I never got the bitcoins, he took the card and ran as in most people on this forum no days full of hacks and scammers not sure why I wasted my time. 

I did this post of others to see what he did. 

Patatas
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:49:49 PM

Sir do not accuse me of being greedy I do not run around here saying stuff about you! No, I was trying to get bitcoins in a hurry without crazy prices that most of you fools charge! So unless you have something useful stay off my post thank you. 
Speaking of which,he has the 'power' to negative rep the account but since you're asking him to stay away from your post..I guess he shouldn't..

Not sure why I wasted my time to fill this bullshit out if all people do is talk shit, and no there was no bad feedback until today...
What do expect us to do ?

get your facts right.  Yes, I did look around and see the post he was one, etc. seemed right, but yeah I got fooled.  He was posting and selling ok, so I took a gamble and should not have. 
You gambled ? That is not even gambling,just being lazy or careless or both.

No, I never got the bitcoins, he took the card and ran as in most people on this forum no days full of hacks and scammers not sure why I wasted my time. 
Point is,you learned your lesson.Move on..
h3nchman24 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:04:40 PM

Speaking of which, ..he has the 'power' to negative rep the account but since you're asking him to stay away from your post..I guess he shouldn.

Not sure why I wasted my time to fill this bullshit out if all people do is talk shit, and no there was no bad feedback until today...
What does expect us to do?

Nothing at all, did I ask for you to to do anything?

No, This post was to help other not get scammed by him shit...noting more.  I do not need people telling me I am a dumbass and shit like that as both of you basically did.  Not sure how you even have the rep you do with talk like that. 

Get your facts right.  Yes, I did look around and see the post he was one, etc. seemed right, but yeah I got fooled.  He was posting and selling ok, so I took a gamble and should not have. 
Did you gamble ? That is not even gambling, Point is,just being lazy or careless or both.

So really now I get called lazy and careless...so many words I could use but will not.  Yes I did take a chance on what I thought was a good deal for both parties with what i could see and with the info I had.

The point  is,
you learned your lesson.Move on..

I have moved on right after i did it, my beef is with you to calling me names and bad mouthing me.
Patatas
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:07:44 PM

I have moved on right after i did it, my beef is with you to calling me names and bad mouthing me.
I haven't called you any bad names and certainly not remotely interested in beefing with you.Being lazy or stupid could be a part of human nature and I don't think that it should be taken offensively.I call myself stupid over so many things I fuck up on daily basis.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 08:04:30 PM

1.Post proper proof of transactions if you paid by bitcoins, think you know transaction id.

Thinks the problem is that the OP didn't get paid, therefore no TX. No idea why the OP decided to send first to a scammy newbie without escrow.

And 0.15 BTC for a $100 GC should have been a massive red flag. Greed is blind I. guess.

Not sure why I wasted my time to fill this bullshit out if all people do is talk shit, and no there was no bad feedback until today...get your facts right.  Yes, I did look around and see the post he was one, etc. seemed right, but yeah I got fooled.  He was posting and selling ok, so I took a gamble and should not have.  

I did this post of others to see what he did.  

Well, thank you for the warning, it's not a waste of time if it prevents someone else from being scammed.

I do stand by my opinion though. Even if the perp didn't have neg trust at the time of your transaction - he/she was still a noob without ANY trust and there is no possible justification to go first with a $100 GC. That's not a gamble, that's a gift.

Having said that - stupid shit can happen to anyone, what we learn from it is what matters.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 12:08:50 AM

--
and no there was no bad feedback until today...get your facts right.
--
Huh. From what I see, you're the one talking shit.
You were offended by the 'greed' bit? You don't see something off with trading $100 for .15 btc?
"No, I was trying to get bitcoins in a hurry without crazy prices that most of you fools charge!"
If we were to go with 1:1, $100 in bitcoin would be .08 - .085 , that's nowhere near the .15 you were trading for.

Also, according to your screenshots, your deal was on the 22nd, and from his trust page, he had red trust since the 22nd.
Then, either it was already there and you missed it, or he got it right after your trade.

Anyway, it's great that you were willing to warn others.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████