Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any trusted altcoin which equals to 1 dollar ?  (Read 390 times)
Uniex (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:45:15 PM

I want to exchange some part of my bitcoins into cryptocurrency which is stable on its rate. Maybe 1 coin = 1 dollar, etc.

Does any exist already ?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:46:52 PM

I want to exchange some part of my bitcoins into cryptocurrency which is stable on its rate. Maybe 1 coin = 1 dollar, etc.

Does any exist already ?

I don't think there is one. What would you peg a coin to have a stable 1:1 rate with USD?

Not your keys, not your coins!
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:29:32 PM

the best altcoin is trusted reputable and price 1 coin equal one dollar, and fix rate not fluctuating only tether
USDT(USD tether), you can trade USDT in poloniex or bitfinex

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:39:34 PM

the best altcoin is trusted reputable and price 1 coin equal one dollar, and fix rate not fluctuating only tether
USDT(USD tether), you can trade USDT in poloniex or bitfinex

Yes, you are right, Tether is the only altcoin that presents that characteristic, although I don't understand why it shows eventual fluctuations in the charts of coinmarketcap.
Geronimomo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 09:18:49 AM

Does any exist already ?

Tether has historically been a good peg to the dollar but it's value comes from a centralized company that buys and sells tether to maintain the price. If the company fails, you lose everything.

The only safe option is bitUSD which is a decentralized peg to the dollar. It is an amazing system done by decentralized price feeds and a smart contract that can be settled on the blockchain. Check out

BitShares.org/wallet/

There is also bitCNY, bitGOLD, bitSILVER, even bitBTC which will always be worth at least its face value and sometimes slightly more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: