Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All about "stuck" transactions and what you can do to fix them  (Read 114746 times)
mano237

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:53:21 AM

using electrum wallet its fastest

I used electrum today and tried to pay something on parallellminer.
Now the btc GOT WITHDRAWED from my wallet and the payment on the site was cancelled (after the 10 minutes) I dont know where the payment is stuck.
It says status: 1 confirmation

What can I do know to get my btc back?  Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wolverine5pl

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:56:34 PM

I used ledger nano s to sent Bitcoin to bittrex and after 16h still no confirmation.
So anyone can advice what to do??

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
s2

Activity: 198
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:01:14 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write this guide on how to unstick a transaction but it does highlight what a fiasco this currently is.

I've been having a headache today because I sent one transaction with low fees via Bread wallet.  It wasn't 0 fees, just 'economical' of around $0.45 in fees for a $15 transaction.
That has got stuck hence why I'm here.
I next did another transaction for normal fees ($3+ in fees) for a $10 transaction... crazy rate but thought whatever.

3 hours later still nothing.

Using electrum I did a CPFP adding another $5 in fees.  Transactions are still stuck an hour later.... is it just me or is bitcoin actually broken right now?  Why don't we just ban transactions under a certain value if it's likely to get stuck... I'd much prefer a UI pop up saying "Your transaction has fees of less than the current minimum $4.50, are you really sure you want to publish this?"

I'm not a big blocker advocate but I have to admit it's currently a terrible user experience and we need to fix it somehow.
sukita

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:19:18 PM

Many thanks for this tutorial! It's very useful.

I've made a mistake and sent a transaction with low fees, and it's stuck for more than 48 hours in the mempool with 0 confirmation.

So I've started my bitcoin-qt (version 0.15.0.1) with option '-zapwallettxes', and it cleared my unconfirmed transaction from my wallet.

Then I've sent the same amount to the same address but with a higher fee (dynamically calculated), the transaction appears on my bitcoin-qt client, but if I search for its transaction id on blockchain explorers, e.g. blockchain.info, it says that this transaction doesn't exists.

I've restarted again with '-zapwallettxes', resend the transaction, but it seems that the transaction is not inserted on the mempool/blockchain.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
inaglem

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:31:10 PM

Thank you for this explanation will benefit many members Smiley Wink Wink
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4315

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:51:28 AM

hmm, no luck yet. any idea what to do?
ViaBTC won't accept it because the fee is below 10 sats/byte... and you transaction is over 400 bytes, so ConfirmTX.com want $4 to accelerate it.

So, I've gone ahead and pushed this for you via AntPool... hopefully they will mine a block shortly and it'll get included Smiley

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
mason168

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:37:45 PM

Hi guys Ive sent 3 payments with low fees 1 sat/B each using bitcoin core. It's almost been 48hrs and still not confirmed. I've submitted them to confirmtx.com about 10hrs ago and still nothing. What are my options? Can I somehow increase the fees for the transactions? I mean will it eventually get confirmed or it will be in the mempool indefinitely?

Thanks for any help
ohmanpleasehelp

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:54:20 AM

hey mason.... did confirmtx work for you? I've had the nice people on this board try to accelerate my transaction, but nothing has happened yet. So I was thinking about trying the site... any luck?
mason168

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:59:37 AM

Hi ohmanpleasehelp

I used the free service and waited about a day and no confirmation so I approached confirmtx this morning asking if I could pay $4 each transaction to quicken up the confirmation process, He/she replied quickly and said I could and gave me a bitcoin address. I've sent the payment through and was told it will be confirmed in 1-2hours. Its almost been 2 hours now and still no confirmation so not really sure it even worked  Huh
ohmanpleasehelp

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:38:53 PM

mason -- that sucks. hopefully it's just taking a little longer than they thought. can you let me know what happens? I'm really hoping it's the answer to my problem, ha.
mason168

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:57:18 PM

Hey ya so its still not confirmed and he/she also stopped replying. I'll just assuming the person is asleep  Cheesy but for sure its not within the time frame quoted. I'm just a bit stuck now not sure what else I can do than to wait and hope for it to get confirmed or gets rejected (no idea how long that takes either). I'm too scared to do the double spend thing so I can only wait.  Cry
ohmanpleasehelp

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:39:13 PM

mason -- yeah, I'd like to increase the transaction fee, but my wallet won't let me do CFFP. running out of ideas here. I also heard that transactions eventually drop out of the mempool, but mine has been sitting there for a week, so I'm not buying that either.

keep me posted if the people who run that website ever wake up! ha.
mason168

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:37:24 PM

I will keep you posted for sure, In the meantime I've also posted on confirmtx's thread to see if they'd reply there

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2138157.80
ohmanpleasehelp

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:58:06 PM

cool, I also need to try the Afterburner app too, if nothing else works...
ohmanpleasehelp

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:14:18 AM

I tried confirmtx about 10 hours ago and haven't had any luck with that either. Afterburner's app said it couldn't confirm my tx and then gave me a website address that didn't work to explain why.

I feel like my btc is just going to sit in the queue forever. This is a real bummer. 

I will keep you posted for sure, In the meantime I've also posted on confirmtx's thread to see if they'd reply there

mason168

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:34:28 AM

I tried confirmtx about 10 hours ago and haven't had any luck with that either. Afterburner's app said it couldn't confirm my tx and then gave me a website address that didn't work to explain why.

I feel like my btc is just going to sit in the queue forever. This is a real bummer.  

Hey I stayed up almost all night reading up and watching youtube vids and I fixed it myself!  Grin Because I've sent it via bitcoin core I was able to abandon the stuck transactions and resend one trans again with much higher fee (300 satoshis/byte) but had an error something to do with duplicate in the mempool so I just left it and went to sleep. This morning when I woke up it went through right away and confirmed!

I was able to do this because of OP's helpful information! Thank you OP!!

Edit: I send my second trans with 280 satoshis/byte fee and it got confirmed in 6min!  Grin
squarepeg

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:38:05 PM

It used to be that if you included 1 Sat / Byte there was a pretty good chance of eventually getting confirmed, if you didn't mind waiting several days.  But now, after segwit, what is the minimum fee to stick around in the pool long enough to eventually get confirmed?  Is it 1 Sat / Byte or 1 Sat / Weight Unit?  Should we all be talking fees in terms of weight units nowadays?  How is the mempool minimum transaction fee coded in a post-segwit world?
Jozwolf

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:17:01 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 11:40:00 PM by Jozwolf

I bought a couple of bitcoin in 2012 where they languished on my successive Mac Book Pros in a Bitcoin-QT v0.6.2.2 wallet.  I now realise they are worth - ahem - something!  The wallet still fires up even though it is still calls itself a beta wallet and so I thought I would first try to send my lovely bitcoin to a new and glossy Exodus wallet.

Now being completely new to this I got my receive address for my Exodus Wallet and tried sending 0.1 BTC to my Exodus wallet. Eventually (maybe 5 hours later) it showed it had arrived but with zero confirmations. This first transaction still shows with 0.1 BTC "Pending" in the Exodus Wallet (sent Friday Dec 1st 10.04.10 PM).

I realised I had not included any fee on this first send but  I didn't see anything I could do about that.

Anyway I then sent the balance of BTC in my Bitcoin-QT wallet, but this time included a 0.0004 BTC fee to the same address.  But, 34 hours later it does not even show it having arrived at the Exodus wallet.

Now I really do not know what to do.  I assume if I leave my Bitcoin-QT wallet up and running it will keep broadcasting the transactions and so they may never disappear. So I have quit the wallet.  But suppose I leave it for a few days. If I fire up the wallet then I assume it will broadcast again and I will be back in the same situation?  I could start it up offline and restore from a backup I did just prior to sending the first transaction - I guess that would cut out the re-broadcasts.  Would that be the thing to do?

Sorry - I feel like a complete dufus but some seriously expert advice on how best to get back to the status quo anti with my lovely bitcoins in either the old wallet or better still my new flashy Exodus one, would be hugely appreciated!!!!

Jozwolf

THIS QUESTION WAS ANSWERED ON https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/64041/sending-bitcoin-from-bitcoin-qt-v0-6-2-2-wallet FOR ANYONE WHO HAS A SIMILAR ISSUE.  ALL IS NOW RESOLVED WITH THE BITCOIN RESTORED TO A NEW BITCOIN CORE WALLET.  MANY THANKS TO THOSE WHO PROVIDED EXPERT ASSISTANCE THERE.

Jozwolf
Simodus

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:49:17 PM

Someone sent me 0.1 BTC and it hasn’t arrive for almost a week now
I received it the first time and then he sent it me again but it’s not showing up in blockchain and there’s no sign or record of it pending on my Coinbase address. He sent me 0.1 for the first time and it arrived and he sent it me 0.1 again to the same address but it didn't arrive
I did try and contact coinbase but no reply Can someone tell me what’s going on?
Bare in mind, the first time he sent me, the transaction ID is invalid but it still got sent to my coinbase address.  
So how is both transaction ID isnt showing up but the first BTC he sent me arrived to my coinbase account but the transaction ID shows no history.  Also when he sent it to me, we facetime each other just to make sure I am seeing him sending it to me.
He was using Bitcoin - QT and 50 weeks behind.  So im not sure if its the program or coinbase.

Date: 11/29/2017 20:08
To: 1JwdozLPVQC7cpteCo9RWj7dhbcKXWB2rZ
Debit: -0.10 BTC
Transaction fee: -0.0026644 BTC
Net amount: -0.1026644 BTC
Transaction ID: 795c17896d949d9314e886ed2b3fcdd1b44aff1bca76bfc777b08266d5945c6e

Can someone please help me out.

thanks

ozbits0908

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:32:01 PM

My transaction has been stuck for 4 days....I transferred from one exchange to another, paid the fee that the exchanged asked me to paid.

anyone please help PLEASE! Kiss

Transaction ID

7cbf0bbdaad69e0b0e19649f6b456afbf3f6af0a73f834ba496390ee64cf22c7

Thanks a lot

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: